Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Elite 2019 prospect reveals plans to visit Hogs

Started by Richard Davenport, January 18, 2018, 10:24:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OneTuskOverTheLine™

These coaches are selling building a championship program and these elite player's ability to build a legacy. I hope we can have a crow potluck in about 3 years with all of the "Cautiously Pessimistic" and the "You can't recruit to Arkansas because it's impossibro" guys rushing to eat it by the handful because you know it will taste soooo goood...!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Supermark101

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 18, 2018, 10:59:01 pm
These coaches are selling building a championship program and these elite player's ability to build a legacy. I hope we can have a crow potluck in about 3 years with all of the "Cautiously Pessimistic" and the "You can't recruit to Arkansas because it's impossibro" guys rushing to eat it by the handful because you know it will taste soooo goood...!

Adrian Peterson had an official visit  here..... it means nothing until they sign.

HogX

Quote from: Supermark101 on January 19, 2018, 03:56:26 am
Adrian Peterson had an official visit  here..... it means nothing until they sign.

And you can't sign them (in most cases) unless you get them on campus.  Why the negativity in a thread about a 4*-5* prospect visiting us?  What is there to be upset about?

Tsarcasm

Quote from: HogX on January 19, 2018, 08:30:18 am
And you can't sign them (in most cases) unless you get them on campus.  Why the negativity in a thread about a 4*-5* prospect visiting us?  What is there to be upset about?
Some people are just looking for a way to Nag...Pay him not attention. 
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." – Steven Wright

Hawg Red

An official visit would indicate legitimate interest, no? I'd say it absolutely means something but not close to everything. It's definitely a positive for the outlook on landing the player. Need to have a seat at the table and you get that when you score an official visit.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 18, 2018, 10:59:01 pm
of course we will. and all these trembling cowards will act like it was perfectly reasonable for them to act that way. It's pathetic.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

MP24

January 01, 2019, 08:53:32 am »
I love me some Chelsea Dungee.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 19, 2018, 10:22:41 am
An official visit would indicate legitimate interest, no? I'd say it absolutely means something but not close to everything. It's definitely a positive for the outlook on landing the player. Need to have a seat at the table and you get that when you score an official visit.

Correct.  Historically, however, we only sign a very small fraction of the blue chippers that visit.  With every new coach, we claim that he's bringing in more blue chippers for OV's than the coach before.  That claim will continue for CM.  To me, however, CM is the first coach in a while who seems to actually have the pull (and energy) required to measureably increase the number of blue chippers who actually sign on the dotted line each year. 

We'll see, I guess.  2019 will tell us a lot about CM's recruiting prowess.  I'm hopeful he'll show a marked improvement.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

greenie

It does mean something.
How many elite (4* or 5*) players from out of state have we ever signed without an official visit? 
His visit means that he at least has interest enough to burn one of his official visits with us.  This is step 1.

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 19, 2018, 11:48:18 am
Correct.  Historically, however, we only sign a very small fraction of the blue chippers that visit.  With every new coach, we claim that he's bringing in more blue chippers for OV's than the coach before.  That claim will continue for CM.  To me, however, CM is the first coach in a while who seems to actually have the pull (and energy) required to measureably increase the number of blue chippers who actually sign on the dotted line each year. 

We'll see, I guess.  2019 will tell us a lot about CM's recruiting prowess.  I'm hopeful he'll show a marked improvement.

If we're recruiting like we should, there will be a lot of blue-chip visitors who don't sign with us. We just need to get more here to begin with
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

Supermark101

Quote from: greenie on January 19, 2018, 11:54:06 am
It does mean something.
How many elite (4* or 5*) players from out of state have we ever signed without an official visit? 
His visit means that he at least has interest enough to burn one of his official visits with us.  This is step 1.

And how many have we signed that visted, not many.

A visit is no reason to warm up the oven and defrost the crow. That is all I'm saying.

FBREW000

Quote from: Supermark101 on January 19, 2018, 05:05:30 pm

A visit is no reason to warm up the oven and defrost the crow. That is all I'm saying.

no, but you might want it butchered ... just in case!

Hogindasticks

We gotta change this mold.....this is the reason it's happening, because we give up before it takes place.   To be a winner, gotta think like one......its going to take positive to make it work for everyone.

liljo

Yeah, but how many have we signed that DIDN'T visit?

I would think every fan would be excited about any blue chip prospect that takes on OV up to Fayetteville. Sure, we're going to miss out on a bunch of them, but we'll get a few, too.
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

HawgwildinMI

Anyone who thinks getting a recruit of this caliber to come and visit from the state of California is just going to be another letdown shouldn't be following recruiting. You never get them all unless you offer dodge vehicles. Whether he commits or not the exposure is a major plus for CCM and staff. The kid wants to bring teamates. His interest is obviously higher than you think and the kid has offers from nearly every major school in college football and he's choosing to come visit the Hogs. No.2 CB for 2019 from what I gather thinks highly enough of our staff to bring teammates along is an awesome sign.

greenie

Way more than those that didn't visit. 
Good Lord, nobody is poppin' the corks, but getting an official visit from a high-4* from California is a positive.  But I  get it...he's a 2019 kid, and that's a long way off. 

Quote from: HawgwildinMI on January 19, 2018, 11:11:01 pm
Anyone who thinks getting a recruit of this caliber to come and visit from the state of California is just going to be another letdown shouldn't be following recruiting. You never get them all unless you offer dodge vehicles. Whether he commits or not the exposure is a major plus for CCM and staff. The kid wants to bring teamates. His interest is obviously higher than you think and the kid has offers from nearly every major school in college football and he's choosing to come visit the Hogs. No.2 CB for 2019 from what I gather thinks highly enough of our staff to bring teammates along is an awesome sign.

^^^<golf clap>^^^

theFlyingHog

I know I'm going to get screamed at for this but I really don't mean it in a bad way, it just surprises me a little, that a highly rated DB is clocked at a 4.5 40. I never put too much stock in the 40 anyway

buldozer

This type of kid is what we need. He looks elite for sure. I'm hoping a bunch of kids with talent like this ends up in the 2019 class! WPS!!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

I agree, and I hope you are able to say that you were wrong in about 3 years...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Never warmed up anything... In case you misunderstood I was wishful thinking, nay, believing. How can we expect recruits to believe in Arkansas if we don't? The first part about changing the culture comes with ourselves. You have the right to be negative, and I have the right to be positive. You also have the right to remain silent. When you give up that right and play contrarian you're not doing anything more than pissing on my fire. Why? Are you afraid of hope?

Supermark101

Quote from: FBREW000 on January 19, 2018, 09:57:52 pm
no, but you might want it butchered ... just in case!

Ha, fair enough

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 20, 2018, 05:43:17 am
I agree, and I hope you are able to say that you were wrong in about 3 years...

History has made me cautiously optimistic and that is ok. I'll be the first in line, and i hope I'm wrong, but I'm not going to get my hopes too high.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Supermark101 on January 20, 2018, 06:33:42 am
Ha, fair enough

History has made me cautiously optimistic and that is ok. I'll be the first in line, and i hope I'm wrong, but I'm not going to get my hopes too high.
Obviously just because a kid visit means nothing. However, as others have pointed out the higher rated recruits are NOT going to even contemplate pledging without at least visiting the campus and staff first. I do know that this staff appears to have a TON of energy on the recruiting trail and don't seem to mind butting heads with some of the bigger dogs in the hunt for these kids. And THAT in itself is a very refreshing and pleasant change than what we've had over the past few years. Keep swinging for the fences and sooner or later you're likely going to "tag" a big one.