Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 24, 2024, 06:56:13 pm

Centers?

Started by Memhogs, January 17, 2018, 10:30:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Memhogs

I may be mistaken, but dont we only have one center on the roster? Havent heard of the new staff recruiting any centers.
Thats why they make chocolate and Vanilla, some folks like chocolate, and everyone else has bad taste.

redleg

Yes, senior Zach Rogers is the only center on the current roster. But the coaches will move someone this spring to back up Rogers. My money is on Jake Heinrich.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Kevin

how in the world do we end up with one center on the roster? total incompetence
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ricepig

Quote from: Kevin on January 17, 2018, 10:58:21 am
how in the world do we end up with one center on the roster? total incompetence

Because about any guard can play center??

King Kong

January 17, 2018, 11:02:05 am #4 Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 10:00:40 pm by King Kong
Dylan Hays will most likely move back to the Oline and Center is a potential spot. Previous staff was really high him at Center. Was only moved to Dline because of our depth at Center last year and lack of depth at NG. With Ragnow and Raulerson moving on that changes.

Clenin can also play Center. However, in the new system he could play anywhere. Probably the most versatile young lineman we have.

RaisinHog

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: redleg on January 17, 2018, 10:54:55 am
Yes, senior Zach Rogers is the only center on the current roster. But the coaches will move someone this spring to back up Rogers. My money is on Jake Heinrich.
he gone.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

onebadrubi

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 17, 2018, 11:57:04 am
he gone.

How do you know Rogers is gone?

Hays has put in probably as much time at center as anyone besides Ragnow and Rogers of the last couple years. 

RaisinHog

he gone.

This means Rogers will be our starting center for sure.

hawgwash

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 17, 2018, 12:24:50 pm

Hays has put in probably as much time at center as anyone besides Ragnow and Rogers of the last couple years. 
I assumed he meant Heinrich is the one who's gone but he definitely wasn't clear.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

he gone.

Quote from: RaisinHog on January 17, 2018, 12:29:18 pm
This means Rogers will be our starting center for sure.

C'mon PITP..!! Even YOU have to admit he got ya.!  LOL.!!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 17, 2018, 05:10:12 pm
C'mon PITP..!! Even YOU have to admit he got ya.!  LOL.!!
you sense of humor is elementary af
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 17, 2018, 12:24:50 pm

mmqb some guy is saying he gone.

Oklahawg

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 17, 2018, 05:18:09 pm
mmqb some guy is saying he gone.

Well, by golly, then its a certainty. Since that thread only botched the name of the departed 4-5 different times. Let's exercise some caution, shall we? (Message to mods like me, as well)
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 17, 2018, 05:17:46 pm
you sense of humor is elementary af

Now now, if you are going to post around here for the long-term you have to learn to allow others to poke at you a bit.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

parallaxpig

If you look at NFL salaries, center is lowest paid OL position, hence easiest to replace...........
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

VirginiaHog

Well. Now that it is official Rogers is gone, looks like center is 100% up for grabs.

Pig in the Pokey

RaisinHog

Athog

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 17, 2018, 08:28:24 pm
Well, by golly, then its a certainty. Since that thread only botched the name of the departed 4-5 different times. Let's exercise some caution, shall we? (Message to mods like me, as well)

Well evidently you are wrong as all sources are now confirming.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.