Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Burks-Alonzo Hampton

Started by Wooderson, January 06, 2018, 02:09:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wooderson

Is there a relationship there?  Will this get FSU in the door?
Give me liberty, or give me death!

AirWarren

Quote from: Wooderson on January 06, 2018, 02:09:28 pm
Is there a relationship there?  Will this get FSU in the door?

Not sure. Burks was a baby when Zo was defensive coordinator at Warren then head coach at Dumas.

I personally think radius to hometown and accessibility for his close family to make his games will be a game breaker as far as Treylon is concerned. He is really close to his mom, dad and uncle. As well as his Aunt and grandmother. This will be big to him.

But at this point. I'm still favoring Arkansas to get him. But anything can happen with these kids.

#1 STUNNA

I think Burks ends up at Arkansas. Have heard LSU and Clemson also.

King Kong

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 07, 2018, 09:08:13 am

Morris has the Perfect offense for his skills

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: King Kong on January 07, 2018, 07:46:46 pm
Morris has the Perfect offense for his skills

Absolutely. Think of Courtland Sutton at SMU when you think of Burks. Perfect example on the field and off the field.

Richard Davenport

Treylon is very close to his mother and grandmother. He wants to play close to home.

jackflash

AirWarren

Quote from: Richard Davenport on January 08, 2018, 01:30:24 pm
Treylon is very close to his mother and grandmother. He wants to play close to home.

Exactly what I said.

I need to be a recruit guru.

#1 STUNNA

Thats why LSU is in the mix also.

SouthTulsaHog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 08, 2018, 02:24:11 pm
Thats why LSU is in the mix also.

Yes - actually Faytetteville, Baton Rouge, Starkville, and Oxford are all between 4 and 5 hours from Warren (which I didn't realize). Really hoping to get Burks but distance isn't the biggest advantage over other places as people might think.

sickboy

Quote from: SouthTulsaHog on January 08, 2018, 04:54:52 pm
Yes - actually Faytetteville, Baton Rouge, Starkville, and Oxford are all between 4 and 5 hours from Warren (which I didn't realize). Really hoping to get Burks but distance isn't the biggest advantage over other places as people might think.

Can we move the University temporarily so that it's closer to Warren. Four years isn't a lot to ask for a recruit like Burks.

nwahogs

Quote from: SouthTulsaHog on January 08, 2018, 04:54:52 pm

But only one has home game(s) in little rock

#1 STUNNA

Coach Morris needs an apartment in Warren this year.

#1 STUNNA

If im Morris and Coach Steppes... I go no further than saying come be my Courtland Sutton here at Arkansas. They resemble each other alot on the football field and from what ive heard off of it also!

rolyat_2008

HawgwildinMI

I truly believe at the end of the day he will see how CCM runs his offense and he will love how WR friendly it is. That I think will be what tips the scale in our favor at the end of the day.

HawgwildinMI

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on January 07, 2018, 09:08:13 am
Clemson scares me more then Lsu, but I agree I think Arkansas is where I think he lands.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: HawgwildinMI on January 19, 2018, 11:28:06 pm
Clemson scares me more then Lsu, but I agree I think Arkansas is where I think he lands.

SC is a loooooooong drive from anywhere in AR. From Warren you might not have to make the ultra boring drive all the way thru TN from east to west. It's still a long trip and if distance is a big thing to him, I'd say there are greater threats since some of the other SEC schools are about the same distance from Warren as Fayetteville is.

Luckily, it's not like the old days when we were running the wishbone, so those schools offer him nothing he can't get in his home state.
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 19, 2018, 11:59:09 pm
SC is a loooooooong drive from anywhere in AR. From Warren you might not have to make the ultra boring drive all the way thru TN from east to west. It's still a long trip and if distance is a big thing to him, I'd say there are greater threats since some of the other SEC schools are about the same distance from Warren as Fayetteville is.

Luckily, it's not like the old days when we were running the wishbone, so those schools offer him nothing he can't get in his home state.
That drive across central Mississippi and Alabama is a snoozer too; so is the drive to Baton Rouge.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.