Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do you see Arkansas winning an SEC title under Morris?

Started by Sweet Feet, February 12, 2018, 03:17:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: DLUXHOG on February 22, 2018, 07:05:56 pm
When looking at Morris's SMU record, y'all do realize that the SMU program has been a perpetual dumpster fire since they were handed the death penalty in 1987?   Not even Vince Lombardi or Tom Landry could have put together a winning team there.   Simply put it was a stepping stone for Morris to enter the collegiate Head Coaching arena....

I hope you dont actually believe this..........

HeyHogs

Quote from: Sweet Feet on February 12, 2018, 03:17:48 pm
Are you confident that Morris will at least take Arkansas to an SEC Title game?
I have zero confidence that Morris will have a winning SEC season in his 3-4 years here.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: HeyHogs on February 22, 2018, 10:47:20 pm
I have zero confidence that Morris will have a winning SEC season in his 3-4 years here.

Lol ouch. This should go well.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: HeyHogs on February 22, 2018, 10:47:20 pm
a pox upon you sir.......
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

DLUXHOG

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on February 22, 2018, 09:56:14 pm
I hope you dont actually believe this..........

I've lived in Dallas since the death penalty was imposed and I don't actually believe this but I know it, first hand....

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: DLUXHOG on February 23, 2018, 02:16:26 pm
I've lived in Dallas since the death penalty was imposed and I don't actually believe this but I know it, first hand....

June Jones did it and he's hardly a Tom Landry

redleg

Yes, Morris can, and I believe will, coach the Hogs to an SEC championship. But probably not until after Saban has retired. I won't be surprised to see a Morris-coached Arkansas team beat a Saban Tide team, but it's going to take awhile, it will be at home, and it will be a game that Bama plays poorly in. 
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on February 24, 2018, 01:51:40 am
June Jones did it and he's hardly a Tom Landry

1-11
8-5
7-7
8-5
7-6
5-7
0-2
Overall SMU record- 37-43

Thats not by anyone's imagination a winning record....

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Sweet Feet on February 12, 2018, 03:17:48 pm
Are you confident that Morris will at least take Arkansas to an SEC Title game?
Impossible to know this with any reasonable certainty. If you say yes or if you say no, you really have no idea. You are just wishing.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: DLUXHOG on February 24, 2018, 02:24:29 pm
1-11
8-5
7-7
8-5
7-6
5-7
0-2
Overall SMU record- 37-43

Thats not by anyone's imagination a winning record....

Looks a lot like Chad Morris' record to me, but better  ???

johnfanman

Watching the Hogs through hell or high water.

OrvilleRedenporker

Let's not get ahead of our skis
1. I believe Chad Morris will play for a chance to win the west in the next four years
2. Dan Mullen is no longer at Miss St. This helps a lot
3. High Freeze beat Saban Twice with this offense at Ole Miss
4. CCM is a brilliant details guy who will out work and out recruit  others

Summary: Petrinoesque results without the a hole

OrvilleRedenporker

One more thing for those worried about defense
Look at Chiefs Defenses when Steve Caldwell has been recruiting and coaching his D linemen

Hardcore Hoggy

Swestwill66

Cinco de Hogo

One step at a time, let play some highly competitive football for 4 quarters against the very best teams and maybe win a game we are not supposed to first.  A sustainable program takes awhile to build and at Arkansas it means getting the states high schools to produce more D-1 athletes. 

DukeOfPork

Quote from: Swestwill66 on February 25, 2018, 11:11:48 am
Can he beat A&M ?

Precisely.

I have to laugh when people pose a question like "can we beat Bama?" or "can we win the SEC?"

Uhhh, hello??  Let's just try to beat A&M and Mississippi State first. 

I guess it depends on whether you're a "glass is 1/10th full" or "glass is 9/10th empty" sort of guy, but either way we're a LOOONG way from being able to talk about winning the SEC.

311Hog

Quote from: DukeOfPork on February 26, 2018, 01:13:12 pm
Precisely.

I have to laugh when people pose a question like "can we beat Bama?" or "can we win the SEC?"

Uhhh, hello??  Let's just try to beat A&M and Mississippi State first. 

I guess it depends on whether you're a "glass is 1/10th full" or "glass is 9/10th empty" sort of guy, but either way we're a LOOONG way from being able to talk about winning the SEC.

i laugh when anyone says the words "can we beat ______" because the answer is always yes.  That is why sports are what they are.  No football game has ever been played on paper, sure is it unlikely? of course, that you don't feel confident that they will ? obviously, but people are like "we can't beat A&M" yeah we can.  I can't wait to see it happen =)

phadedhawg

I don't see it happening.  Arkansas hasn't been an elite team since the segregation era.  Since then we've had some teams flirt with greatness but always came up short. Hatfield could post a decent regular season record but would lose the bowl game and would get beat by Miami.  RM's arm got us to the Sugar Bowl but we blew it.  We were ranked #3 until the second half of the LSU game and reality came crashing down. 

I think Morris could get us top 10 and if the right things happen in the SEC maybe a conference championship.  National Championship seems out of reach for our program but here's hoping.

Swestwill66

Didn't Missouri win the East their first year in conference ? I know, the east was down, but still, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee weren't better than little ol' Missouri ? I doubt they have ever had a higher recruited class than we have. ( might just be perception is reality on my behalf ) With motivated coaches and players you can win games you aren't supposed to. There is so much that goes into every game, not just mentally and physically. Sometimes just the way the ball bounces.
  Saban will always have his guys mentally and physically ready. There will still be 80,000 fans show up to see if we can beat them !
There is no reason A&M should have a 6 game win streak against us ! In my opinion, 3-3 at worst.
     I am impressed with CCM so far. I can't wait for the spring game to see how he uses some of the athletes on this team. I think he will coach to our abilities this year and next year open it up.
   It would be nice to be considered a possible contender for the west again like it was when BP was here.
If you win the west you still gotta get past that beast rising in the east, Georgia.
   The Razorback heart in me says yes,at some point, we win the sec!

Go Hogs !!

Tarheelhawg

I like this staff; it feels like leveraging the previous staff times 3.  So yeah, beat AM which I presume CCM is highly motivated to accomplish, and the sky is the limit in Texas recruiting.  Blue chip players will buy in : in droves!  So yeah, it is possible.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: phadedhawg on February 26, 2018, 02:57:28 pm
Arkansas hasn't been an elite team since the segregation era.

And that is not a coincidence.

Al Boarland

Quote from: Swestwill66 on February 26, 2018, 07:21:56 pm
Didn't Missouri win the East their first year in conference ? I know, the east was down, but still, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee weren't better than little ol' Missouri ? I doubt they have ever had a higher recruited class than we have. ( might just be perception is reality on my behalf ) With motivated coaches and players you can win games you aren't supposed to. There is so much that goes into every game, not just mentally and physically. Sometimes just the way the ball bounces.
  Saban will always have his guys mentally and physically ready. There will still be 80,000 fans show up to see if we can beat them !
There is no reason A&M should have a 6 game win streak against us ! In my opinion, 3-3 at worst.
     I am impressed with CCM so far. I can't wait for the spring game to see how he uses some of the athletes on this team. I think he will coach to our abilities this year and next year open it up.
   It would be nice to be considered a possible contender for the west again like it was when BP was here.
If you win the west you still gotta get past that beast rising in the east, Georgia.
   The Razorback heart in me says yes,at some point, we win the sec!

Go Hogs !!

Missouri didn't stand a chance against teams in the West that were decent.