Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fresh Face

Started by chuckinss, November 20, 2017, 01:21:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chuckinss

I say we need a fresh face as the next coach. Malzahn brings too much baggage, in my opinion. We need a uniter....who wins. Bringing in a familiar face with ties to Arkansas is okay for the AD, I guess.  But someone new and exciting and maybe a little more careful with his mouth is what we need as coach. As a person living out of state, Bret does not have a great reputation due to his mouth.

Donny2665

Quote from: chuckinss on November 20, 2017, 01:21:08 pm
I say we need a fresh face as the next coach. Malzahn brings too much baggage, in my opinion. We need a uniter....who wins. Bringing in a familiar face with ties to Arkansas is okay for the AD, I guess.  But someone new and exciting and maybe a little more careful with his mouth is what we need as coach. As a person living out of state, Bret does not have a great reputation due to his mouth.

You lost me at "Malzahn brings too much baggage"!
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Donny2665

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

Wildhog

Quote from: Donny2665 on November 20, 2017, 02:16:48 pm
Frost may be replacing Mike Riley at Nebraska.

Very possibly.
1909/1964/1965/1977

rljjr

Quote from: Wildhog on November 20, 2017, 02:17:04 pm
Very possibly.

Doubtful. It could happen, I suppose, but Nebraska is a tough place to recruit to and Frost isn't necessarily as beloved as people think. He was not treated well when he transferred back from UCLA. The fanbase was highly critical of him and rode him pretty hard for crawling back home to play for the Huskers when it didn't work out on the West Coast. I don't know all of it, but it's hard to go back home after you've spurned the home state school. As a coach he would have a little grace period, but after that the crazies would come after him pretty hard for not getting Nebraska back to the 1970s-80s levels of success.
Just my opinion, but I think Frost is either staying where he is or taking an SEC job (unless Jimbo goes to Aggie land and then he would go to FSU).

BartIV

Quote from: chuckinss on November 20, 2017, 01:21:08 pm
Wasn't Bret new and exciting?

Wildhog

Quote from: rljjr on November 20, 2017, 02:36:38 pm
Doubtful. It could happen, I suppose, but Nebraska is a tough place to recruit to and Frost isn't necessarily as beloved as people think. He was not treated well when he transferred back from UCLA. The fanbase was highly critical of him and rode him pretty hard for crawling back home to play for the Huskers when it didn't work out on the West Coast. I don't know all of it, but it's hard to go back home after you've spurned the home state school. As a coach he would have a little grace period, but after that the crazies would come after him pretty hard for not getting Nebraska back to the 1970s-80s levels of success.
Just my opinion, but I think Frost is either staying where he is or taking an SEC job (unless Jimbo goes to Aggie land and then he would go to FSU).

Excellent.  Thanks.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Donny2665

Quote from: rljjr on November 20, 2017, 02:36:38 pm
Doubtful. It could happen, I suppose, but Nebraska is a tough place to recruit to and Frost isn't necessarily as beloved as people think. He was not treated well when he transferred back from Stanford. The fanbase was highly critical of him and rode him pretty hard for crawling back home to play for the Huskers when it didn't work out on the West Coast. I don't know all of it, but it's hard to go back home after you've spurned the home state school. As a coach he would have a little grace period, but after that the crazies would come after him pretty hard for not getting Nebraska back to the 1970s-80s levels of success.

Correction Made for you.