Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The case for Tyler Wilson

Started by Iamphatman, January 09, 2013, 12:45:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GoHogs1091

If I were the Chiefs GM, which I am not, I would draft the following in the first 4 Rounds of the Draft (assuming that the following players in Rounds 2 through 4 are available when the Chiefs make their pick).   

Round 1  OT Luke Joeckel or if possibly going the OG route instead of OT, Chance Warmack
Round 2  QB Tyler Wilson
Round 3  Safety Bacarri Rambo
Round 4  RB Mike Gillislee (WalterFootball.com shows Gillislee going in the 4th Round)   

bennyl08

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on January 11, 2013, 12:04:15 am
If I were the Chiefs GM, which I am not, I would draft the following in the first 4 Rounds of the Draft (assuming that the following players in Rounds 2 through 4 are available when the Chiefs make their pick).   

Round 1  OT Luke Joeckel or if possibly going the OG route instead of OT, Chance Warmack
Round 2  QB Tyler Wilson
Round 3  Safety Bacarri Rambo
Round 4  RB Mike Gillislee (WalterFootball.com shows Gillislee going in the 4th Round)

he has round 4 up now, interesting... Often disagree with Walter, but he at least thoroughly explains his reasoning.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

BoynamedWooPigSooie

I'd trade down get an extra pick or two and go get Warmack.  He's got 10 year starter (barring injury) written all over him. 

Walterfootball.com only has 2 OL going in the first round.  Joeckel and Warmack last I saw.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

Razorback de Nosferatu

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on January 10, 2013, 05:19:27 pm
There are more than a handful of starting qb's in the NFL that would be 2nd string to Tyler...having stated that, I think he would benefit in a Mallett-like situation watching, learning, and developing.

Agree with both.

I'd love to see him go to Denver and learn behind Manning for a year or two.

Having said that: you people that think Tyler's not first round material, or not NFL material...  I don't know what league you're watching.  I don't know if Tyler is the next Rodgers or Brady or not, but he's sure as hell better than roughly half of the crap that is consistently starting as a QB in the NFL.

Tom Brady.  Peyton Manning.  Aaron Rodgers.  Drew Brees.  Those four guys are, for the most part, consistent.  They're proven winners.  They can (once again, for the most part) throw the deep ball with accuracy.

Past them, even some of the better QBs, like Schaub, leave me wondering sometimes: Can anybody in this league (other than the legends or near-legends I mentioned above) throw the ball accurately beyond the first down marker?

Tyler Wilson deserves a chance to be a starter.  I firmly believe he's as good or better than many QBs who have been given MORE than a fair shake.  (Sanchez, for instance.  Gimme a break).

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on January 10, 2013, 05:19:27 pm
There are more than a handful of starting qb's in the NFL that would be 2nd string to Tyler...having stated that, I think he would benefit in a Mallett-like situation watching, learning, and developing.

So, how long can someone "not play" and not regress?
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

GoHogs1091

Quote from: bennyl08 on January 11, 2013, 03:20:45 pm
he has round 4 up now, interesting... Often disagree with Walter, but he at least thoroughly explains his reasoning.

I really don't know how accurate is the WalterFootball.com site, but there is a lot of information on that site regarding the NFL Draft. 

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on January 11, 2013, 10:31:44 pm

Are you assuming that because someone that is expected to play in the future (but is not playing now) is not being coached?
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on January 12, 2013, 11:59:32 am
Are you assuming that because someone that is expected to play in the future (but is not playing now) is not being coached?

It was a serious question. I would think skills erode if not used in a game environment. Coaching can take a player only so far. Hate to see either Tyler or Ryan lie fallow too long.

GuvHog

Quote from: ldfergu on January 09, 2013, 10:04:44 pm
Uhh, yeah, he will. And probably much longer than that.  Don't let hoglove completely cloud ur judgement

Agreed. The fact that he developed a bad habit this past season of locking in on 1 receiver and ignoring other wide open ones will hurt him in the Draft.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

weresoclose

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on January 11, 2013, 10:31:44 pm

Aaron Rodgers was a backup for 3 years and came out on fire. 

Freddie4fingers

I think he will go 1st round and do well wherever he lands.

Pigsknuckles

January 13, 2013, 01:48:39 pm #61 Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 02:24:39 pm by Pigsknuckles
Quote from: weresoclose on January 12, 2013, 01:15:11 pm
Aaron Rodgers was a backup for 3 years and came out on fire. 

That's what SF thought (for a while).

Sorry, I really do agree with you, but that was just too easy. Peace and Love.

Hawginthecovers

I too believe the Chiefs should trade down.  After hearing about the 3 #1 draft picks on the San Fran O-line, that may be a smart thing to do.  Trade the first pick to San Fran. for their #1 and Alex Smith.  The Chiefs would have a good starting QB and almost back to back picks to go for top O-linemen.  In the third round you start looking for the DB's and WR's.  I think KC's denfense is better than what they showed this year.  Just need an attitude adjustment and new coaches.

Pigsknuckles

Well, I admittedly haven't been too hopeful of TW's draft chances, but Matt Miller seems to like him. Yeah, I know it's Bleacher Report. Guess I'm hanging on to that rope. Good luck Tyler.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1482995-2013-nfl-mock-draft-latest-projections-after-divisional-playoffs/page/10