Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lovie Smith

Started by mj4president, October 23, 2017, 01:36:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mj4president

He got a raw deal with Tampa Bay and nobody wins at Illinois.

He could recruit and attract the players we need and calmness to stabilize the team and fanbase.

As always, Go Hogs!
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Wildhog

Admittedly, I haven't followed Lovie at Illinois too closely, but why do you think he can recruit?
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ipigsooie

Quote from: mj4president on October 23, 2017, 01:36:44 pm

He could recruit and attract the players we need and calmness to stabilize the team and fanbase.

As always, Go Hogs!

Im not big on replacing a coach on the hot seat with another coach on the hot seat. At least the one we have now was able to win in the big x

mj4president

Quote from: Wildhog on October 23, 2017, 01:37:37 pm
Admittedly, I haven't followed Lovie at Illinois too closely, but why do you think he can recruit?

A lot of experience, just needs out of the land fill that is Illinois college football.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

NaturalStateReb

As always, Go Hogs!

Hiring Lovie Smith might just be the dumbest thing that Arkansas could possibly do.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

hogcard1964

Great guy, but an awful coach.

Beaverfever

Unfortunately I've watched Illinois play this year.  I'll pass.

grumpyoldboar

Hogwild

The Bears fired him after he went won just one playoff game in his final six years.

Tampa fired him after he went 8-24

Illinois might fire him after he has gone 5-14 (2-11)

The Hawg Marshal

People are just throwing out any name that they can think of. Terrible idea.

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: Hogwild on October 23, 2017, 02:14:19 pm
The Bears fired him after he went won just one playoff game in his final six years.

Tampa fired him after he went 8-24

Illinois might fire him after he has gone 5-14 (2-11)
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

razorcash2

Terrible hire...

Nobody wins at Purdue either.

Dwight_K_Shrute

If you have to couch your choice for coach with the statement "Nobody wins at school X" then don't even bother.  That's an excuse and we have enough of those right now. The best coaches are the ones that win where people have failed in the pasts, such as Memphis (Fuente), Washington State, Vandy (James Franklin),
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

HawgsPolo

Go Cubs Go!!!!!

Hoggish1

As always, Go Hogs!

Lovie will get a year or two more.  BB will lie low, recharge and take the Illinois job saying he's coming all the way home.

Hoggish1

As always, Go Hogs!

Lovie will get a year or two more.  BB will lie low, recharge and take the Illinois job saying he'ss coming all the way home.

As always, Go Hogs!

Why don't you save thi post and use it for every coach in America.  We'd love it...
LMAO

HiggiePiggy

As always, Go Hogs!

Nobody wins at Iowa State either.... oh wait.  A good coach can.  No thanks to lovie. Turn a terrible program around and then I would consider taking him as the head coach.  Illinois does suck, but Ron Zook was able to go there and win 9 games and have a couple more winning seasons.  So to say no one wins there is false. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Hogindasticks

Chip Kelly...a step up...proved he can put a team there.......money talks....

bulldog04

Have you looked at his buyout?

hawgdavis

Not no but hell no. Will soon go Back to being a coordinator and should he's no head coach

hawgdavis

Quote from: Hogindasticks on October 23, 2017, 07:30:41 pm
Chip Kelly...a step up...proved he can put a team there.......money talks....

This is who I have wanted for a long while

The Hawg Marshal

How is this thread still alive?

DeltaBoy

Cause we are grasping at straws as the USS Hog Football sinks.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

uhhhhh  Give me Rick Jones. He'd take the job for a Million a year
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

oldhog63

No. Good coordinator, but not a good head coach.

solitons

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on October 23, 2017, 01:40:25 pm
Hiring Lovie Smith might just be the dumbest thing that Arkansas could possibly do.
agree

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: razorcash2 on October 23, 2017, 03:29:38 pm
Terrible hire...

Nobody wins at Purdue either.

Jim Young and Joe Tiller say not so fast my friend.................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hogwild

Quote from: ModestoHOG63 on October 24, 2017, 11:24:42 am
I lived in Chicago for 5 years and they hated Lovie Smith and not real happy with Dave Wannstedt either.  But with Dave his way of discussing injuries was hilarious....." ahhhh, welllll he's got a knee or possibly an ankle.  ahhhhh" , Uncle Wanny is what Chicago fans called him.  lol

Wannstedt another one of Long's disastrous hires.