Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Announced crowd 64,000 and some change

Started by BartIV, November 19, 2017, 06:55:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BartIV

SultanofSwine

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

parallaxpig

noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

ricepig

Quote from: BartIV on November 19, 2017, 06:55:32 am
Is that true?

Of course it is, the announced crowd is tickets sold. Next question?

TrueBlue

If only ONE person actully showed up the announced attendance would be 64,000. It's not butts in the seats, it's tickets sold.

BartIV

Quote from: ricepig on November 19, 2017, 07:25:24 am
Next question?
Where do Brett Bielema's come from?

ricepig

Quote from: BartIV on November 19, 2017, 07:34:06 am
Next question?
Where do Brett Bielema's come from?

From their Mommy's and Daddy's, next...

jst01

Quote from: ricepig on November 19, 2017, 07:39:31 am
From their Mommy's and Daddy's, next...

How many in actual attendance do you estimate?

ricepig

Quote from: jst01 on November 19, 2017, 07:52:11 am
How many in actual attendance do you estimate?

Something less than that........seriously something around 40,000ish, would be my guess, + or - 5000.

VirginiaHog

Quote from: ricepig on November 19, 2017, 07:57:42 am
Something less than that........seriously something around 40,000ish, would be my guess, + or - 5000.
Agreed.

Piggie

In Wally Hall's column this morning, he said it was in the 30,000 range.
It's a great day to be a Bryant Hornet!

ricepig

Quote from: Piggie on November 19, 2017, 08:16:54 am
In Wally Hall's column this morning, he said it was in the 30,000 range.

Wally couldn't see over ledge, so give him a break.

The NewEra

Captain Morgan

Quote from: twistitup on November 19, 2017, 07:04:17 am
Funny...there was less people than CC

I was at Coastal Carolina game and sit near the North end zone. The smell of dirt and the disgusting look of the north end zone made me want to not return...

The smell of dirt and sewage is fitting for this coaching staff in 2017

Dwight_K_Shrute

It was more than 30,000. I was there and would say between 40 & 50k. The problem with trying to estimate based on eyeballing the seats is that there was never a time when everyone was in there seats.  Due to the crappy weather a lot of people were milling around the concession areas food court etc. Also many got there after 11 and many left early.

Regardless of the actual number, regardless of the start time and the weather it was sad and a statement.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Quote from: ricepig on November 19, 2017, 07:25:24 am
Do you still believe the BOT only discussed tenure in executive session?

ricepig

Quote from: Karma on November 19, 2017, 09:54:53 am
Do you still believe the BOT only discussed tenure in executive session?

They discussed Long's tenure at Arkansas, correct? I said, that Long wasn't the only discussion in the executive session.

HogPharmer

Quote from: ricepig on November 19, 2017, 08:56:12 am
Wally couldn't see over hedge, so give him a break.

That's why he never got a job at Georgia
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Boarcephus

Quote from: ricepig on November 19, 2017, 07:57:42 am

If Long has any lingering doubts why he was fired, this turnout today should remove them. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Calling All Hogs

Probably mostly Miss State fans taking advantage of the $3 tickets.

ricepig

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on November 19, 2017, 10:10:44 am
Probably mostly Miss State fans taking advantage of the $3 tickets.

Actually State sold about 5000 of their allotment, looked like about 1000 showed up.

Piggfoot

Are you surprised with our poor academic record when the University has always had problems with numbers . Over reporting attendance. Exaggerating
Players height and weight. Misreporting suites sold. Lying about the contribution amount required to sit in a certain area.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

EastArkHog 47

The attendance was more like 25,000 and a lot less than that after halftime, been attending games for over 50 years and this was the smallest I've ever seen, that I can remember.

woodhog14

Quote from: EastArkHog 47 on November 19, 2017, 12:05:24 pm
The attendance was more like 25,000 and a lot less than that after halftime, been attending games for over 50 years and this was the smallest I've ever seen, that I can remember.
There was more than 25K. Good Lord man.

I would say 40-42K tops.

Baconomics

Loved the crowd yesterday.  There were a lot of people there who don't get to attend much since a lot of the season ticket holders gave away their tickets rather than watch a terrible team play in terrible weather.  It's always great to see people just excited to see the Hogs.  They were cheering hard for the defense all throughout the game even to the end. 

A special shout-out to the HOGS guys with no shirts (for the entire game) and the 2 guys in shorts and Santa hats with "FIRE BERT" written on their shirts.