Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks (2-0, 0-0 SEC) vs Fresno State (2-0, 0-0 MW)

Started by Razorbacks#1, November 17, 2017, 06:01:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hview

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

dhizzle

JHicks3636

Ugly last 5 minutes, but a win. 50 total fouls called, 29 on FS, 21 on us. Refs with lots of television time.

Deep Shoat

Dear doubters, Dangerous Dan dunks!

And a lot of other stuff!  Heck of a game by Daniel Gafford!  WPS!!
All Gas, No Brakes!

Letsroll1200

HogFansReunited

Well, we had a bad night and the refs called every touch but we still found a way to win.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

forrest city joe

Hogs win again.Hogs win again!3 and 0,this season.D.Gafford is a great young player.

HawgHeadCheese

We have got to clean up FT shooting. I'm very impressed with Gafford's free throw shooting. I think this push was well needed. We need to make sure we play hard the Entire game .

SPAL

AirForceHog

If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

phadedhawg

AirForceHog

If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

bjeffersonhog

Ugly last 5 as jhicks said, but the team put itself in a position to play a bad last 5 and still win comfortably.   Gafford looked really good tonight.   Played more in control to keep his fouls down, made some good post moves,  and at least one good pass out of the post for an easy bucket.

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: HawgHeadCheese on November 17, 2017, 09:20:22 pm
We have got to clean up FT shooting. I'm very impressed with Gafford's free throw shooting. I think this push was well needed. We need to make sure we play hard the Entire game .
I would add that I am impressed with his opportunity to provide a THUNDEROUS. Not one, two, but several! Go Hogs!
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

alohawg

If Mike had left Gafford in until under 2 minutes, they would've won by 15.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Hogs49ers

I am glad this happened now and instead of in the PK80, going to be a lot of teachable moments from this game and Mike is gonna let em know...Now we should not go into playing OU with overconfidence like we would had if we just closed that game strong and won by 25.
SCREW Vandy!

HogFansReunited

Players of the game are Gafford and the Williams kid from Fresno State.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

HogFansReunited

Member #3568

LJHOG

Quote from: AirForceHog on November 17, 2017, 09:22:22 pm
Refs tried controlling the game and succeeded.
They ruined the game IMO.  They turned what should have been 90 point plus game into disjointed herky jerky affair.

SPAL

Quote from: LJHOG on November 17, 2017, 09:25:42 pm
They ruined the game IMO.  They turned what should have been 90 point plus game into disjointed herky jerky affair.

But, it's what's gonna happen most nights when we travel in the SEC. It was good for us to navigate the refs and grind out a win. Not every game will be smooth....it's good to find out how we respond to adversity in November.

phadedhawg

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 17, 2017, 09:28:02 pm
But, it's what's gonna happen most nights when we travel in the SEC. It was good for us to navigate the refs and grind out a win. Not every game will be smooth....it's good to find out how we respond to adversity in November.

This is exactly what we needed.  On the road, or even at home, in the SEC, the refs love to blow the whistle.  Couple that with a cooler shooting night, this game was just what the doctor ordered to be ready for conference.

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

elksnort

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 17, 2017, 09:28:02 pm
you are correct but LJ hog also has a point in let's let the games go and flow better

Razorbacks#1

I am gonna unsticky this so we can move onto the next game. Go HOGS!

THUNDER!

alohawg

Quote from: HogFansReunited on November 17, 2017, 09:24:27 pm
Players of the game are Gafford and the Williams kid from Fresno State.

In that order too, Williams is really good, but Gafford is really reeeeeally good.  :)
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

phadedhawg

kid had 11 straight points in a stretch in the 2nd half.  That's money right there

Hogwarrior

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on November 17, 2017, 09:19:46 pm
Out worked tonight. Hogs have to refocus.

Don't know what you were watching!  This game was never in doubt after the first 10 minutes!

SPAL

Quote from: bigred223 on November 17, 2017, 09:33:38 pm
Yeah it was

We must have been watching different games. The game I watched was a grind. We didn't shoot well didn't rebound well, couldn't force tempo, couldn't get into a rhythm because if whistles. Barford was off, Macon was way off. Our defense played well for 30 minutes. We won because we hit free throws and defended well. They never quit. Had it within two possessions and just wouldn't go away.

The one I watched was the epitome of grind. I'm not sure which game you watched. Did game cast make it seem like an easy one?

Deep Shoat

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 17, 2017, 09:43:10 pm
We must have been watching different games. The game I watched was a grind. We didn't shoot well didn't rebound well, couldn't force tempo, couldn't get into a rhythm because if whistles. Barford was off, Macon was way off. Our defense played well for 30 minutes. We won because we hit free throws and defended well. They never quit. Had it within two possessions and just wouldn't go away.

The one I watched was the epitome of grind. I'm not sure which game you watched. Did game cast make it seem like an easy one?
Go easy on him SPAL.  He's probably 14.

All Gas, No Brakes!

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Hogwarrior on November 17, 2017, 09:39:43 pm
Don't know what you were watching!  This game was never in doubt after the first 10 minutes!

I agree. Still need consistent effort on defense. Coach Anderson was so frustrated he slammed the ball down. That effort beats Fresno State but not Oklahoma.
Gafford made plays but we need more from big Trey.

NinoHogUNIA

That game was never in doubt.  JB had 18 pts, 5ast, and 7rebs.

They lost focus at the end but I never felt Fresno would win
BIE

ThisTeetsTaken

This was a great game for us.  Fresno put some stress on us and made us find a way to win when our shooting wasn't there.  Iron sharpens iron.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

010HogFan

Exactly what we needed. They had some grinders. Props to them for making it close.

SPAL

Quote from: NinoHogUNIA on November 17, 2017, 09:49:40 pm
That game was never in doubt.  JB had 18 pts, 5ast, and 7rebs.

They lost focus at the end but I never felt Fresno would win

He said it was easy....not that we ever doubted a win. It wasn't easy.  Winning by 30 because every shot is falling is easy. Grinding on defense, contesting shots, and rotating is hard. The fact we led by double digits most of the game when shots weren't falling and we held them to 40 points with ten minutes left makes it even more impressive. Winning with defense isn't easy. I don't follow the logic.

bigred223

Go watch again. The game was never in doubt after half time. We didn't play well, but still won easily.

bigred223

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 17, 2017, 09:45:17 pm
Go easy on him SPAL.  He's probably 14.

Care to chime in here? We were up by 14+ until there was not enough time for a serious challenge.

razorback1829

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 17, 2017, 09:56:51 pm
He said it was easy....not that we ever doubted a win. It wasn't easy.  Winning by 30 because every shot is falling is easy. Grinding on defense, contesting shots, and rotating is hard. The fact we led by double digits most of the game when shots weren't falling and we held them to 40 points with ten minutes left makes it even more impressive. Winning with defense isn't easy. I don't follow the logic.

This team will grind a bunch out come SEC time. But we will have the personnel to win those games. The length on this team is something else. Imagine when Hall gets a little more seasoned. He's very impressive to me.

010HogFan

Quote from: razorback1829 on November 17, 2017, 10:41:48 pm
This team will grind a bunch out come SEC time. But we will have the personnel to win those games. The length on this team is something else. Imagine when Hall gets a little more seasoned. He's very impressive to me.

If he would have finished off that dunk it would have been the most impressive one of the game. We will get some more wow moments out of him this season.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!