Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The game was enjoyable to watch

Started by Lanny, September 23, 2017, 07:35:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

Big plays and lots of scoring.  Arkansas doesn't have the upper classification talent.  Losing gets old but Bielema isn't going anywhere with that buyout.  Enjoy what you can from the games.  It's frustrating to see the same thing each game, need more talent
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

orvillesghost

I had thought earlier if one didn't have a stake in the game, it would have been a great one to watch regardless.

bphi11ips

Good perspective Lanny. Don't forget at the end of the day we are playing some good football teams with NFL talent and hanging tough through the end. We were getting points in both losses.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Dark Helmet Hog

More talent never hurts but coaching lost this game. Our talent is at least on par with aTm.

Razorback de Nosferatu

Hogs have multiple four star quarterbacks.  Multiple four star linemen.  Multiple four star running backs, and a nice crop of TE talent.

Yeah, the defense looks poor. But I don't ever remember AR having a defense that could stop anybody.

There is and has been enough skill talent all over the offense to compete with just about anybody.  Surely enough to beat teams who recruit on par with Arkansas: mizzou, VT, and TCU come to mind.

Lack of talent, even if it exists, also doesn't explain certain forehead-slapping special teams decisions, or other reoccurring issues that never seem to get addressed.

The buyout is absurd and would be painful to pay.

Playing 11am games in front of 40k fans for two years might cost a lot too.

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: Lanny on September 23, 2017, 07:35:17 pm
Big plays and lots of scoring.  Arkansas doesn't have the upper classification talent.  Losing gets old but Bielema isn't going anywhere with that buyout.  Enjoy what you can from the games.  It's frustrating to see the same thing each game, need more talent

I keep going back to what UNLV's Larry Johnson told HBC Nolan Richardson "You need to go get you some grown a$$ men"...
It might be too late for CBB but Hogs need some grown a$$ men to be competitive. You take away the Christian Kirk 3TD highlight reel and Hogs win easily...Kirk will play on Sunday's...

Poker_hog

We currently have the 51st ranked recruiting class.  If the talent isn't there now it won't be under this coach.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

David†

The game was fun to watch.

Coaching cost the game.

farmhawg

Quote from: Poker_hog on September 23, 2017, 07:43:04 pm
We currently have the 51st ranked recruiting class.  If the talent isn't there now it won't be under this coach.
Yes, we shouldn't be happy with what we are getting.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

hobhog

Man. I guess I'm from a different era. That game was excruciating from the kickoff. That was not fun to me.

Exciting? Edge of seat? Suspenseful? Yes.

But when Hogs are concerned it's all stress until we win.

Guess if you lose enough fans take solace in an "exciting game".

I'm not there yet.

LJHOG

Only a masochist could find watching another Arkansas failure in the clutch enjoyable.

1highhog

Quote from: Razorback de Nosferatu on September 23, 2017, 07:42:12 pm
Hogs have multiple four star quarterbacks.  Multiple four star linemen.  Multiple four star running backs, and a nice crop of TE talent.

Yeah, the defense looks poor. But I don't ever remember AR having a defense that could stop anybody.

There is and has been enough skill talent all over the offense to compete with just about anybody.  Surely enough to beat teams who recruit on par with Arkansas: mizzou, VT, and TCU come to mind.

Lack of talent, even if it exists, also doesn't explain certain forehead-slapping special teams decisions, or other reoccurring issues that never seem to get addressed.

The buyout is absurd and would be painful to pay.

Playing 11am games in front of 40k fans for two years might cost a lot too.

Must not have been around back during the old glory days of the 60's and 70's.  Even in the early 80's the Hogs still had some of the best defensive teams in the nation.

alohawg

Maybe I'm different, but I don't call any game involving my team enjoyable unless I would enjoy watching it again. This is just another game that doesn't qualify, joining a rapidly growing list in recent years..
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

DeltaBoy

It was not fun to watch I saw the Low lites  on my cell phone at a small college game when my kid is in the college band!  I gone to the Darkside and I will not watch another game till him and the Carpet bagger Long are Gone!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

East Clintwood

Not if you're an Arkansas fan.  It was horrible to watch.  Just waiting to find a way to lose.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Coondog Hog

'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

DeltaBoy

I would enjoy this on about as much as the Nixon UT vs the Hogs game again!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

WorfHog

What is it 0-6 against the Aggies? :puke:

That buyout will turn up sooner than you think, especially if someone lights a fire under Mr. Long.

PigDaddyKane

Arkansas doesn't have the upper classification talent.

You mean seniors or stars?  Tamu didn't have a lot of seniors either.  Stars, they always seem to have stars to burn.
The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

jcbville

I see talent. Flashes of it here and there. It's the proper utilization of that talent in key areas that's lacking.

Hawgphish

enjoyable watching this team?  Yes, I also enjoy greasing the steps at the old folks home and pulling up a chair and watching the fun.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

farmhawg

It is if you are a longhorn fan, simple.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Sapperhog

Having less talent is not why we lost this game. Not why we lost to a now 4-0 TCU team either.

Lanny

No playmakers on defense, few on offense
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

aloha_kid

People pissing and moaning that we aren't getting our value for CBB.  To those people who think 4 Million is too much to pay, remember this, nearly every coach in the SEC gets 4 million.

1. Nick Saban   Alabama   $7.09 million
2. Kevin Sumlin   Texas A&M   $5 million
3. Hugh Freeze   Ole Miss   $4.7 million#
4. Les Miles   LSU   $4.39 million
5. Gus Malzahn   Auburn   $4.35 million
6. Jim McElwain   Florida   $4.25 million
7. Butch Jones   Tennessee   $4.13 million
8. Bret Bielema   Arkansas   $4.06 million
9. Dan Mullen   Mississippi State   $4 million^
10. Kirby Smart   Georgia   $3.75 million
11. Mark Stoops   Kentucky   $3.5 million
12. Will Muschamp   South Carolina   $3.0 million
13. Barry Odom   Missouri   $2.35 million

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/2016-sec-head-coaching-salaries/

JOKERHOG

The buyout is cheap compared to the money we will lose by moving forward with BB
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

Pig Worshipper

Completely agree. I enjoyed watching the game, even though Arkansas has become the Aggies version of The Washington Generals.
I didn't expect to win the game and I refuse to get too wrapped up in it like I used to.

hoginator

September 23, 2017, 09:17:48 pm #28 Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 05:15:30 am by hoginator
It's year 5. Under the current coach and what he promised, the O-Line and D should be competing with the big boys of the SEC by now. We lost today to a bunch of young aggies. If we can't beat and compete in year 5, chances are slim that will change under the current leadership.

There were some enjoyable moments in the game, but I would've enjoyed a bad game with a W over 0-5 any day...
Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: hobhog on September 23, 2017, 07:53:06 pm
Man. I guess I'm from a different era. That game was excruciating from the kickoff. That was not fun to me.

Exciting? Edge of seat? Suspenseful? Yes.

But when Hogs are concerned it's all stress until we win.

Guess if you lose enough fans take solace in an "exciting game".

I'm not there yet.

Yeah. It's like binge watching "Romeo and Juliet" always seeing the same ending but being told this time somebody will wake up.

greasy_corner

Coaching absolutely lost this game, and it was not enjoyable, yet predictable.

Sed76

Not enjoyable for me. For the 4th year in a row I left that stadium mad as a hornet after driving nearly 6 hours and spending a fortune on tickets.  I have been to every Southwest Classic but won't be back as long as Bielema is on the sidelines. Work to hard for my money to keep watching the same bull every year.

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: Sed76 on September 23, 2017, 11:34:31 pm
Not enjoyable for me. For the 4th year in a row I left that stadium mad as a hornet after driving nearly 6 hours and spending a fortune on tickets.  I have been to every Southwest Classic but won't be back as long as Bielema is on the sidelines. Work to hard for my money to keep watching the same bull every year.
Sorry buds...I can understand your frustration more than a lot of our Keyboard CFB Experts. It still has to be one of the better games than the others...Yah, my bad. Tried to find comforting words 😕

ballz2thewall

sorry.

it's not fun watching a good qb turn to crap because his offensive line is in the colander business.

the OL is not coached.

the search for silver linings remains elusive....
The rest of the frog.

#1Fan

A boring punt-fest with the Hogs coming out on top 3-0 would be much more enjoyable to watch.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: aloha_kid on September 23, 2017, 09:00:43 pm
People pissing and moaning that we aren't getting our value for CBB.  To those people who think 4 Million is too much to pay, remember this, nearly every coach in the SEC gets 4 million.

1. Nick Saban   Alabama   $7.09 million
2. Kevin Sumlin   Texas A&M   $5 million
3. Hugh Freeze   Ole Miss   $4.7 million#
4. Les Miles   LSU   $4.39 million
5. Gus Malzahn   Auburn   $4.35 million
6. Jim McElwain   Florida   $4.25 million
7. Butch Jones   Tennessee   $4.13 million
8. Bret Bielema   Arkansas   $4.06 million
9. Dan Mullen   Mississippi State   $4 million^
10. Kirby Smart   Georgia   $3.75 million
11. Mark Stoops   Kentucky   $3.5 million
12. Will Muschamp   South Carolina   $3.0 million
13. Barry Odom   Missouri   $2.35 million

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/2016-sec-head-coaching-salaries/

Heck, I think they're all overpaid.  Ridiculous what these salaries are for football coaches.  They should get paid for the amount of games they win each year, & a bonus if they win the conference, or go to a top bowl.  All this "guaranteed money", & big $$$ buyouts, is just crazy. It sure hasn't helped our school be more competitive. Contracts need to ask for..."guaranteed" wins, or a % loss of the yearly salary. 
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

hoglady

Quote from: ballz2thewall on September 23, 2017, 11:44:45 pm
sorry.

it's not fun watching a good qb turn to crap because his offensive line is in the colander business.

the OL is not coached.

the search for silver linings remains elusive....

Yep - what's happened to Austin Allen is tough to watch.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Boarsnest

Yes it ranked right up there with getting a prostrate exam or a colonoscopy!!!

Steef

We didnt quit or fall apart in the fourth quarter. In fact, we played lights-out and traded body blows.

I hate we lost too. But THAT...was a big deal to me.

Iwastherein1969

This thread is proof positive that when people lower expectations they are happier individuals. Satisfied having the worst talent in the SEC, save Mizzou, is where this program is right now. No one has mentioned how Aggy beat us with a 3rd string Freshman QB while we countered with a 5th year senior calling signals. Simply pathetic.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Steef

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on September 24, 2017, 04:00:40 am
This thread is proof positive that when people lower expectations they are happier individuals. Satisfied having the worst talent in the SEC, save Mizzou, is where this program is right now. No one has mentioned how Aggy beat us with a 3rd string Freshman QB while we countered with a 5th year senior calling signals. Simply pathetic.

No one in this thread has said they were satisfied.

Shrevepork

I especially enjoyed the "pooch kick".

ChitownHawg

If this is the case then we might as well move to another conference. Our class rankings are in the high 20s which is historically good for us.

Not sure what coach could come in and buck the historical trend. Which brings it back to if we are losing so many games because we are in the SECW then maybe it is time to get out.

Might be better than getting our teeth kicked in each week.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Torqued pork

It was like watching recent losses to A&M just a different year. It hasn't quite become comfort food, but it doesn't ruin my day anymore.

The_Iceman

If Bielema is told the money is there to buy him out, he may look elsewhere for a job so that he doesn't have to worry about looking for a job after being fired. Easier to get another job when you currently have one.

Nouston Hutt

No Lanny losing is not enjoyable to watch. Be real, this is getting old and I know you and everyone else on this board tired of getting out coached and not having enough talent (those are your words) in year 5. Come on y'all, Coach B has dragged us to the bottom of the SEC......Do y'all remember the vibe of this website when we were winning 5 years ago? Man how things have changed

Al Boarland

Quote from: ChitownHawg on September 24, 2017, 05:19:54 am
If this is the case then we might as well move to another conference. Our class rankings are in the high 20s which is historically good for us.

Not sure what coach could come in and buck the historical trend. Which brings it back to if we are losing so many games because we are in the SECW then maybe it is time to get out.

Might be better than getting our teeth kicked in each week.

We could be a solid squad in the BIG conference.

solitons

it was a good game

Hoggish1

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 23, 2017, 07:40:13 pm
Good perspective Lanny. Don't forget at the end of the day we are playing some good football teams with NFL talent and hanging tough through the end. We were getting points in both losses.

We now know that both teams we lost to are pretty good.  aTm got beat with a collapse at the end after being up big on UCLA.  TCU just beat the No. 6 (polls mean nothing to me, but...) ranked team.

So, I'm dejected, as I am after any loss, but I'm not out of the count.  There are nine games left and thank God I don't have a week off to delay the run of games.