Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nughaud

I think Temple has found their QB, this true freshman is pretty damn good.

Hawgndaaz

Taking Troy over Georgia State at -16.5

First year in the Sun belt for gstate, averaging 14 pts a game and 300 yards of offense. Troy is averaging almost 35 and has a good senior qb.

Georgia state looked like a junior high team against bama last week. Theyre tiny and slow. I know troy is far from bama but I think this one is ugly.

Im going 2 units on troy

DadVader1

Two LONG pass plays called back for holding.  Ref doesn't want Cincy to cover.

DadVader1

MAN I hate 11:20 kick-offs.  I've been up since 4:00, just got the ribs on the smoker, and will be up a little longer while I get the temperature dialed in. 

DadVader1

Finally got in that last power ranking.  It didn't add much to what I had already decided on, so I'll probably just ride with what I have (and possibly tail Jeff on a play or two).  I like that, even though I was giving up a lot of points, all but one of the picks got hammered after I made the play.  Good luck to everyone!  Time to get a nap while the ribs & smoker do their thing.

McKdaddy

Quote from: DadVader1 on October 12, 2013, 04:49:24 am
MAN I hate 11:20 kick-offs.

Agreed. I don't sleep well the night before Hog games, and last night was no exception. Now I'm prepping to make the trip to Fayetteville for this hated kick-off time, feeling exhausted. Didn't help that I watched the Cards game till conclusion either.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: nughaud on October 11, 2013, 06:42:01 pm
I'm seeing -10.5, lots of money just came in on Texas within the last few hours. Those are always hard to tell. Could be injury, sharp money, or a head fake to get better line on OU.

-10.5 leaves many options for a tease open. It would be great if it hit 10, but it could turn around too.

I like the 1st half play on OU of -6.5 play with the line drop.

You guys are braver than I am. I know what all of the analysis says and chances of rain are reduced to 30% throughout the game. Wind out of the SSW at 7 mph, so not significant.

The bad thing about this game is not only the fact that it is an annual rivalry game between two schools that hate each other, but rumors are flying that if Mack Brown loses this game, and especially if they get blown out, that he will be canned. You know the players are hearing that too and while Mack may have lost his edge, he is still a revered Texas icon so you never know if these kids end up playing inspired and well above their heads (or at least up to their actual talent levels) and keep this game very close.

I don't see any inbetween here. This is either a very close game or Oklahoma completely blows them off the field. Neither outcome would surprise me. Problem is, we don't know which is going to happen. This is perhaps a game that is lot less reliably predicted than others.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: nughaud on October 11, 2013, 12:02:38 pm
I post on SBR from time to time (different username), and while 90% of it is BS, there are some really smart people on there, you just have to find them.

I'm on A&M and The Cocks.
I'll take less than a TD with superior teams and although A&M has a weak defense, that doesn't bother me one bit and Ole Miss has LSU next week, while A&M has a fun loving Auburn team, which should be a barn burner for points.
Sometimes is just comes down to your gut, but both A&M and USC-East are the better teams than their competition.
The Boise St is another one that I don't understand. You can't lose your darkhorse Heisman QB and expect to compete. The same thing applies here, better team and a TD or less to cover.

I think A&M -6 @ Ole Miss is a good play. I've got them by at least 7 to 8 points.

S. Carolina -6 @ Arkansas is a shaky play but it all depends on the play of our QB. If Casey Dick, errr, I mean Brandon Allen can complete 58% to 60% of his passes, I think Arkansas beats S. Carolina. S. Carolina's pass efficiency defense is ranked #104...worse than ours if that is possible. If Allen can consistently hit some throws and gain some passing yardage, that is going to keep S. Carolina from loading up on our offensive line which is important considering that their front 7 is about on the same level with ours. If Allen throws like he has the last couple of weeks, S. Carolina will cover the point spread.

Difficult game to pick.
Go Hogs Go!

SPAL

Gonna be a great day boys....

Nebraska -14   7 units

Ms. State -11.  3 units

Ole miss +7.5. 1 unit

SPAL

Quote from: DadVader1 on October 12, 2013, 06:28:48 am
Finally got in that last power ranking.  It didn't add much to what I had already decided on, so I'll probably just ride with what I have (and possibly tail Jeff on a play or two).  I like that, even though I was giving up a lot of points, all but one of the picks got hammered after I made the play.  Good luck to everyone!  Time to get a nap while the ribs & smoker do their thing.

Get some Q-view please

nughaud

Looks like the OU line was just a head fake. The 1st half is now -7, glad I took some -6.5 last night and the overline line is moving back up from a low of -10.5, from yesterday evening.

Right now the line is back to -12 this morning, which seems to indicate that it was just either a large bettor, or a head fake to get more money on OU under -14. I still like OU teased down below a TD and while the 1st half is -7 that still might be good.

I believe OU has outscored their opponents 57-0 in the 2nd quarter, so that might be something to look at if you play those.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Florida +7.5 / 5 units
Baylor -17 / 5 units
Indiana +10.5 / 5 units
Iowa St +15 / 5 units.

Let's make some waves.

nughaud

BM has OU -3 (-119), was (-115) 1st quarter. Everywhere else it's -3.5

5Dimes has Baylor -10 (-115) 1st half - Still checking but probably -10.5 elsewhere

McKdaddy

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on October 12, 2013, 10:13:19 am
Florida +7.5 / 5 units
Baylor -17 / 5 units
Indiana +10.5 / 5 units
Iowa St +15 / 5 units.

You're back! Good to see you.

yraciv

October 12, 2013, 11:05:07 am #5164 Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 01:55:45 pm by yraciv
YTD 28-30 -3 units

4 units
Michigan -2.5 L

3 units
A&M -6.5 L
Indiana +10 L

2 units
UGA -6 L
NW +10 L
1 unit
USC -5.5 W
Wyoming -13.5 L
Texas +14 W
Rutgers +20 W

yraciv

Really feeling good about my picks today. Michigan is a steal at 2.5.

SPAL

Quote from: yraciv on October 12, 2013, 11:08:04 am

You have a good card

Quote from: Baseball Hog on October 09, 2013, 04:58:12 pm
Anybody like Teasers on here?  I've been successful going big on pairing two 6-7 point favorites teased to pick 'ems.  College and NFL.

This weeks is LSU and A&M straight up.
Anybody like Teasers on here?  I've been successful going big on pairing two 6-7 point favorites teased to pick 'ems.  College and NFL.

Personally I hate teasers.  The kind you are talking about I hate the most. You are teasing down two favorites of less than 7 or more.  What that tells me is either dog could win outright.  I actually like Florida to win this game, and ole miss may as well.
Let's make some waves.

UAstudent13

Quote from: yraciv on October 12, 2013, 11:05:07 am
YTD 26-24 +11 units

4 units
Michigan -2.5

3 units
A&M -6.5
Indiana +10

2 units
UGA -6
NW +10

1 unit
USC -7 W
Wyoming -13.5
Texas +14
Rutgers +20 W

Not to be picky or anything but isn't USC -7 a push? I was on the other side with Zona +7. I'm also on NW and Indiana as well with you.

Let's make some waves.

yraciv

Quote from: UAstudent13 on October 12, 2013, 12:04:30 pm
Not to be picky or anything but isn't USC -7 a push? I was on the other side with Zona +7. I'm also on NW and Indiana as well with you.

You are right. Misremembering back to Thur., but it was at 5.5 when I grabbed it.

Quote from: yraciv on October 12, 2013, 11:08:04 am

That game scares the hell out of me at Happy Valley.  Will be a white out and crazy crowd.  I don't like it enough either way to bet it, but I like a Penn St win in this one.
Let's make some waves.

WILL CLINTON

October 12, 2013, 12:15:05 pm #5172 Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 01:59:14 pm by WILL CLINTON
Recap of my card for this week.

Rutgers/Louisville Over 55½ 2*   L
New York Giants +9½  2*  W
Cincinnati U -20½  1*  L
Duke -3  2*
UCLA -25  2*
Bowling Green +11  1*
Ball State -14  2*
Oklahoma -11  2*
Texas A&M 1st Half -3  2*
Ball State 1st Half -7½  2*
Northern Illinois 1st Half -14  2*
UCLA 1st half -15  1*

Huge card for me today, but only a few games.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on October 12, 2013, 10:13:19 am
Florida +7.5 / 5 units
Baylor -17 / 5 units
Indiana +10.5 / 5 units
Iowa St +15 / 5 units.

I was wondering why I hadn't got a text yet. You're here already..

Nice to have you back. Good Luck today, glad we aren't on opposite sides on anything.

MuskogeeHogFan

October 12, 2013, 12:34:24 pm #5174 Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 12:51:50 pm by MuskogeeHogFan
Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 12, 2013, 07:34:34 am
You guys are braver than I am. I know what all of the analysis says and chances of rain are reduced to 30% throughout the game. Wind out of the SSW at 7 mph, so not significant.

The bad thing about this game is not only the fact that it is an annual rivalry game between two schools that hate each other, but rumors are flying that if Mack Brown loses this game, and especially if they get blown out, that he will be canned. You know the players are hearing that too and while Mack may have lost his edge, he is still a revered Texas icon so you never know if these kids end up playing inspired and well above their heads (or at least up to their actual talent levels) and keep this game very close.

I don't see any inbetween here. This is either a very close game or Oklahoma completely blows them off the field. Neither outcome would surprise me. Problem is, we don't know which is going to happen. This is perhaps a game that is lot less reliably predicted than others.

Like I said. But I have to admit, I never saw this coming at half time of the game. Figured close, but not Texas handing OU their arse.
Go Hogs Go!

McKdaddy

SPAL

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 12, 2013, 12:34:24 pm
Like I said. But I have to admit, I never saw this coming at half time of the game. Figured close, but not Texas handing OU their arse.

The either way thing you talked about is exactly why I will not play rivalry games. Numbers go out the window and all my plays are based on numbers.

nughaud

It's hard to say what OU did wrong, but play calling has been pretty bad, the early missed TD and just not being up and ready for the game. Texas was ready, had a plan and has been able to execute it.

Bell has looked horrible, and has been exposed as a passer.  OU can't stop the run and now after the punt return, OU looks like toast. They have to come out firing passes from here on out.

So far Cocks are blowing out the Hogs... no surprise, and QB and secondary play continue to be some of the worst in college.
Nebraska is handling Purdue with another bad line.
Let's see if A&M, Boise and Oregon St can finish it out.

SPAL

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on October 12, 2013, 12:15:05 pm
Recap of my card for this week.

Rutgers/Louisville Over 55½ 2*   L
New York Giants +9½  2*  W
Cincinnati U -20½  1*  W
Duke -3  2*
UCLA -25  2*
Bowling Green +11  1*
Ball State -14  2*
Oklahoma -11  2*
Texas A&M 1st Half -3  2*
Ball State 1st Half -7½  2*
Northern Illinois 1st Half -14  2*
UCLA 1st half -15  1*

Huge card for me today, but only a few games.

Cinci didn't cover 20.5

Quote from: nughaud on October 12, 2013, 01:30:56 pm
It's hard to say what OU did wrong, but play calling has been pretty bad, the early missed TD and just not being up and ready for the game. Texas was ready, had a plan and has been able to execute it.

Bell has looked horrible, and has been exposed as a passer.  OU can't stop the run and now after the punt return, OU looks like toast. They have to come out firing passes from here on out.

So far Cocks are blowing out the Hogs... no surprise, and QB and secondary play continue to be some of the worst in college.
Nebraska is handling Purdue with another bad line.
Let's see if A&M, Boise and Oregon St can finish it out.

I didn't play this game because I am a QB guy. OU is playing arguably the worstQB on their roster. Doesn't matter how bad Texas is. Make any team one deminsiinal and they become beatable.

Sad thing is I believe the hogs have a QB. But!
Let's make some waves.

WILL CLINTON

FYI guys I'm back and thanks for the support. I will probably stick mostly to this thread alone.

I got clarification from a mod as to why I was banned. If true it's totally my fault. It was for telling cosmodrum to go blank himself. I used the letter F rather than the word, and seems it was typed sometime before the ban. I think maybe some went back I search and find a reason.

All that said its in the past and I don't want to do anything to hurt this thread so I am letting it go. I do believe a lot of it was from my dislike and being very outspoken about the BP fire and CBB hire.  I simply need to be more cautious. Good luck to all!
Let's make some waves.

I do wanna I told you so about hogs on many threads, but not going to!
Let's make some waves.

SPAL

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on October 12, 2013, 01:58:59 pm
You're right, don't know what I was looking at. Fixed.

I missed on it too. Only reason I noticed. Haha

nughaud

Haha, it's not the starter for the Hogs I can tell you that. Maybe Peavy is the answer next year, or B. Allen's bro?

Bell was serviceable before the game, but he is scared and can't make a play to save himself this game. OU should be running more outside, but that's why Josh H. isn't a good play caller. He doesn't go with his strengths.

WILL CLINTON

Just got Oregon -10.5 on an in-game line for 1*

And I'll be darned if Ball St isn't the most bipolar team I've ever seen. Kent St is HORRIBLE. Ball ST is tied at the half at 7.

AHHHHHHH!!!

WILL CLINTON

October 12, 2013, 03:18:42 pm #5186 Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 04:24:22 pm by WILL CLINTON
Went to confirm the LSU/Florida under 46.5 bet, and it had moved down to 44, so no bet for me.

Quote from: nughaud on October 12, 2013, 02:10:04 pm
Haha, it's not the starter for the Hogs I can tell you that. Maybe Peavy is the answer next year, or B. Allen's bro?

Bell was serviceable before the game, but he is scared and can't make a play to save himself this game. OU should be running more outside, but that's why Josh H. isn't a good play caller. He doesn't go with his strengths.

Bell before this season was nothing more than a short yardage battering ram.  Has misses plenty of time this year as a starter as well. Terrible QB
Let's make some waves.

UAstudent13

Let's make some waves.

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on October 12, 2013, 06:30:57 pm
wish i could get em at that, its still at +7 on mine

I had to call around to get that line my man.
Let's make some waves.

razorbacker231

Phew.  Made out on my oregon -14.5. But it was sure scary

Hawgndaaz

i'd like to lay down one or 2 more this evening. thoughts?

yraciv

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on October 12, 2013, 06:43:01 pm
i'd like to lay down one or 2 more this evening. thoughts?

A&M! Conflicting board opinion on that one though. Like Boise a lot against Utah State, seeing as Utah State just lost their stud QB.

nughaud

Whoever gave you +8.5 isn't going to be around long. It's been 6.5/7 all day.
That would be a good play for a middle.

Speaking of SEC... Bama is sleepwalking through this 1st half up 3-0 with 10 mins in 2nd. Of course, as I say that they just catch a bomb @ the 1 yard line, about to be 10-0.

Stanford is behind against Utah 21-14 in the 3rd.

razorbacker231

Quote from: yraciv on October 12, 2013, 07:01:49 pm
A&M! Conflicting board opinion on that one though. Like Boise a lot against Utah State, seeing as Utah State just lost their stud QB.

I rolled my entire bankroll on AM Tonight.  Bought down to -6.5 tho

SPAL

Quote from: razorbacker231 on October 12, 2013, 08:05:56 pm
I rolled my entire bankroll on AM Tonight.  Bought down to -6.5 tho

I hope you didn't really

yraciv

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 12, 2013, 08:24:53 pm
I hope you didn't really

This is the same guy who earlier today said he had Oregon -14.5 for all of his profits on the season. I sure hope he didn't bet his entire bankroll on A&M no matter how much I liked them.  We can't all be Floyd Mayweather!

WILL CLINTON

Added TAMU -3 2nd half  1* and under 60.5 in same game for 1*