Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Missouri-West Virginia

Started by joejoe, December 05, 2013, 06:30:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

joejoe

Anyone watching tonight on ESPN? Sparse crowd it seems. Mizzou looks tough so far.

-Blu

I'm watching.  I think both teams are playing sluggish, Jordan Clarkson is doing really good for Missouri but that's about it.  He's using his size to attack rim and it's working really well. 

One thing I'm noticing is Missouri fouls ALOT, and they play defense with their hands.  If West Virginina would just hit half of their free throws it would be a close game right now.

cardsNhogs

Yeah and I know they SEC and all but I can NOT go for Mizzou

joejoe

Forgot all about Bob Huggins being the Mountaineers coach. Dude was a household name at one point. They seem to be making a little run, hope they wake up. Mizzou is hacking, was thinking they were playing awfully physical when I turned it on.

secfan30

Quote from: cardsNhogs on December 05, 2013, 06:42:44 pm
Yeah and I know they SEC and all but I can NOT go for Mizzou

Amen to that. That's one SEC team Id be ok if they lost every game.

SPAL

December 05, 2013, 07:05:11 pm #5 Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 09:58:01 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
West Virginia has lost the only 2 big games they have played. They lost at va tech, who should finish near the bottom if the ACC and lost to Wisconsin.  No big wins..@ODU, Duquesne , and mt. st Mary's among the best.

-Blu

Quote from: secfan30 on December 05, 2013, 07:01:44 pm
Amen to that. That's one SEC team Id be ok if they lost every game.

Missouri will win this game, I'm surprised WV is this bad.  This game is actually making me sleepy, a lot of fouls, and not much scoring.  West Virgina is playing HORRIBLE right now.  They are only shooting 45% from the free throw line and 27% from the field.  Jordan Clarkson for Missouri is just going full speed to the basket whenever he gets the ball, and that's basically the difference in the game.  You take him out of the game and the score is 22-22 at Halftime.

The_Iceman

Mi$$ouri'$ three be$t player$ are all tran$fer$. I wonder how Haith get$ them all?

mizzouman

We suck. We will get killed by UCLA on Saturday. Sparse crowd due to 6pm start, mid week and folks don't drive to COMO from KC or STL mid week and non- conf game. Also, lots of folks are already in ATL.

SPAL

Quote from: mizzouman on December 05, 2013, 07:37:46 pm
We suck. We will get killed by UCLA on Saturday. Sparse crowd due to 6pm start, mid week and folks don't drive to COMO from KC or STL mid week and non- conf game. Also, lots of folks are already in ATL.

Did 99tolife make the trip?

mizzouman

joejoe

Also, lots of folks are already in ATL.

Don't think you guys suck, you're still gonna win a lot of games, but was hoping to see the one group get kicked out of the arena for a third time. Curious about the depth when all of the fouling adds up against a decent team.

joejoe

On a side note, WOW mistake has overcome a major deficit to make it fun against TCU on ESPNU.

mizzouman

Announced paid crowd of 7,292.

JonClaudeVanHam

Mizzou is pretty bad defensively. But their offense is great.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

Breems

Don't forget that everyone's going to be at the bars.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Breems

Missouri players are a reflection of their coach. Way too emotional when things aren't going their way. I hate when players start throwing their arms around and complaining to refs. I'm glad we don't do that.

Still don't know how Haith didn't do anything with his lineup last season. They were very talented.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

mizzouman

We suck. Won't win another game the rest of the year.

JonClaudeVanHam

Mizzou survives. A good win for them, but that defense is going to cost them games.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

SPAL

Quote from: mizzouman on December 05, 2013, 08:07:48 pm
We suck. Won't win another game the rest of the year.

99tolife said he thought mizzou would make the tourney.

joejoe

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on December 05, 2013, 08:13:33 pm
Mizzou survives. A good win for them, but that defense is going to cost them games.

Hope frank from Carolina beats frank the [CENSORED] from mizzou for third place in the east.