Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Finebaum comments on the Louisville situation

Started by Hoggie17, September 27, 2017, 02:36:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mckinneyhog5

Finebaum also called Petrino a scumbag when he first mentioned him....
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: grayhawg on September 27, 2017, 04:10:55 pm
I would be OK with firing Long to hire Petrino.
Good thing you'll never be in charge to make those decisions.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 04:19:51 pm
so you're cool with forgiving cbb and letting him try to turn this around? its the christian thing to do right? or are we only forgiving people that we benefit from?

That is the Christian thing....for our benefit.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

hogblitz

Did anyone hear Finebaum state that Arkansas may try to woo Petrino back?  I heard/saw him on TV on The Paul Finebaum Show and I thought that is what he said.  Although, I was distracted when he said it and I was like did he just say that? 

bvillepig

Quote from: 311Hog on September 27, 2017, 05:01:37 pm
yes he did.  He paid her, hired her, and then tried to cover it up.  the only person who disagrees with any of this is you.  Because you want to say that because he was standing behind the person that physically handed her her offer letter that he "didn't" hire her is idiotic.

BP recommended her and Jeff Long and a panel approved it.   I also agree with GuvHog on that.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: bvillepig on September 27, 2017, 10:20:35 pm
BP recommended her and Jeff Long and a panel approved it.   I also agree with GuvHog on that.
Yea, the wife cheater recommend his side piece. jL hired her based off HIS recommendation. BP was the one cheating on his wife not JL.

bvillepig

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 27, 2017, 10:25:13 pm
Yea, the wife cheater recommend his side piece. jL hired her based off HIS recommendation. BP was the one cheating on his wife not JL.

That's true and that should of been between Long, Petrino and Petrino's wife and not the whole world.

JaketheSnake

They don't care.  They will only see it as the big bad Long and his ego.  Never mind the countless reports that BP wouldn't do what JL asked if himUntil it was too late.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: bvillepig on September 27, 2017, 10:29:48 pm
That's true and that should of been between Long, Petrino and Petrino's wife and not the whole world.
It was until Petrino crashed his bike, had a state trooper lie for him then called his own press conference and lied to everyone. He's a scumbag.

hobhog

Who has better chance of being hired here? Gruden or Petrino?

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: hobhog on September 27, 2017, 10:41:37 pm
Who has better chance of being hired here? Gruden or Petrino?
Id vote for the Bear...

Dmacattack

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 27, 2017, 10:39:56 pm
It was until Petrino crashed his bike, had a state trooper lie for him then called his own press conference and lied to everyone. He's a scumbag.

So maybe Petrino approaches Jeff Lomg Apologetically, announced to our state, and the issue resolved. That would speak to Petrino's change in valuing Integrity.

Problem solved!

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Dmacattack on September 27, 2017, 10:52:04 pm
So maybe Petrino approaches Jeff Lomg Apologetically, announced to our state, and the issue resolved. That would speak to Petrino's change in valuing Integrity.

Problem solved!
Not in his DNA..h had a chance when this happened but didn't want restrictions placed on him.

bvillepig

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 27, 2017, 10:30:07 pm
They don't care.  They will only see it as the big bad Long and his ego.  Never mind the countless reports that BP wouldn't do what JL asked if himUntil it was too late.
There were many ways Long could have handled this. In this case there were no right or wrong choices for him. Anything he did would have been second guessed.  If he had kept BP it could have been the same disaster or it could have blown over by the season start we will never know. In this case it's more than just about winning it's about BP putting this behind him and getting his life straightened out. As a boss and mentor one has that choice. Long and maybe Petrino felt it might be better served to do it at a different place. There is nothing wrong with that. What was wrong was the circus of the announcement. That could have been handled with a quick statement that BP has resigned from the U of A for personal reasons etc with no details of HIS and his wife's personal business.

I personally would have put him on administrative leave and tried to work through the issue. I have been in Long's seat before and it's not an easy decision. Affairs in a workplace are very serious.

Now that the decisions were made for him to work his problems out elsewhere I would have no issue with Long giving him another chance if BB doesn't get his issues worked out.

Gonzo

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 27, 2017, 10:56:55 pm
Not in his DNA..h had a chance when this happened but didn't want restrictions placed on him.

Maybe, unfortunately I don't think we'll ever know. According to some who appear to have more than casual access to the department, there were options offered which would have allowed BP to stay, which he apparently declined initially. However, the public stance taken by JL was that keeping him was not an option. I have maintained since that time that if an alternative was considered or offered, JL would have been better served by being totally open with it. Lay what conditions there may have been on the table and that BP refused them. Had they been reasonable, which I would guess they would have, I think the public reaction would have been much more unified in JL's corner.

Go Hogs!

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Gonzo on September 27, 2017, 11:28:53 pm

Maybe, unfortunately I don't think we'll ever know. According to some who appear to have more than casual access to the department, there were options offered which would have allowed BP to stay, which he apparently declined initially. However, the public stance taken by JL was that keeping him was not an option. I have maintained since that time that if an alternative was considered or offered, JL would have been better served by being totally open with it. Lay what conditions there may have been on the table and that BP refused them. Had they been reasonable, which I would guess they would have, I think the public reaction would have been much more unified in JL's corner.

Go Hogs!
I stand behind JL's decsion because as soon as I heard what happened I knew he had to go. Calling a press conference himself (BP) and lying to the public just added to it. He thought he could get away with it by having a State Trooper lie about it. Bad judgment followed by more bad judgement. He had to go...

hawgon

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 27, 2017, 11:41:25 pm
I stand behind JL's decsion because as soon as I heard what happened I knew he had to go. Calling a press conference himself (BP) and lying to the public just added to it. He thought he could get away with it by having a State Trooper lie about it. Bad judgment followed by more bad judgement. He had to go...

He didn't "call" a press conference.  It was the normally scheduled press conference after a day of spring practice.  He didn't lie to the public during the conference.  After the conference on the way out he was practically chased down and asked if he was alone on the bike and he said "yes".  He never asked the State Trooper to lie and even walked him down the hall and introduced him to Dorel when he came to get a statement from Petrino that he couldn't get the day of the accident because Petrino was in too much pain.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: hawgon on September 27, 2017, 11:45:56 pm
He didn't "call" a press conference.  It was the normally scheduled press conference after a day of spring practice.  He didn't lie to the public during the conference.  After the conference on the way out he was practically chased down and asked if he was alone on the bike and he said "yes".  He never asked the State Trooper to lie and even walked him down the hall and introduced him to Dorel when he came to get a statement from Petrino that he couldn't get the day of the accident because Petrino was in too much pain.
I know you have a "thing" about BP but...
He did lie to both the people of Arkansas but also his boss
He was told not to hold the press conference but did anyway
He told the Trooper to lie
Those are facts.

Gonzo

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 27, 2017, 11:41:25 pm

And that has what to do with your contention that trying to reconcile isn't in his DNA since he had a chance to do so earlier.........you know, the point to which I actually responded.....this one.....

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 27, 2017, 10:56:55 pm

Go Hogs!

hawgon

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 27, 2017, 11:49:13 pm
He did lie
Those are facts.

You're hopeless.  By all means continue to engage in your onanistic circle of Petrino hate.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: hawgon on September 27, 2017, 11:52:40 pm
You're hopeless.  By all means continue to engage in your onanistic circle of Petrino hate.
I love the hogs not BP...you OTOH love BP but not the hogs. Also BP is NEVER coming back so you might as well become a cardinal fan or whatever team he decides to jump to now that Jurch is gone.

hoglady

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 27, 2017, 10:45:30 pm
Id vote for the Bear...

Really??
You would surely have to overlook his personal vices and judge him solely for his coaching ability.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

East Clintwood

Quote from: 311Hog on September 27, 2017, 04:23:35 pm
Don't care, integrity either you have it or you don't.

It's not that black and white -- it's a sliding scale.

If it was simply black and white, every husband out there would be in constant trouble.  You have to be dishonest much of the time, compromising your integrity.

"Honey, do these pants make my butt look big?"

"No sweetums, it's your big, fat ass that makes you butt look big."

Dishonesty can be a good thing.

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: hoglady on September 28, 2017, 12:06:31 am
Really??
You would surely have to overlook his personal vices and judge him solely for his coaching ability.

LOL, it was a joke because of the unrealistic expectations people have on who the coach should be. I couldn't expect you to understand that though...simpleton.

seasonhog

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 27, 2017, 11:49:13 pm
He did lie to both the people of Arkansas but also his boss
Those are facts.

Were you a witness?

Or is this hear-say....I would like to know the truth.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: East Clintwood on September 28, 2017, 12:07:50 am

If it was simply black and white, every husband out there would be in constant trouble.  You have to be dishonest much of the time, compromising your integrity.

No, it's really not.. A true marriage is based on truth. If you don't have that then you're not really married.

Hey,  I just had six with this other girl but I really love you. Amy women with dignity would leave in a heartbeat.

hoglady

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 28, 2017, 12:09:36 am
LOL, it was a joke because of the unrealistic expectations people have on who the coach should be. I couldn't expect you to understand that though...simpleton.

I've never, ever called anyone a name on this board and I expect others to treat me with the same respect I afford them. And if that's too much to ask from you - don't respond to my posts or put me on ignore.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: seasonhog on September 28, 2017, 12:11:59 am

Were you a witness?

Or is this hear-say....I would like to know the truth.
All documented...JL did a fantastic job of documenting everything plus the Stat Police investigated the incident and trooper King.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: hoglady on September 28, 2017, 12:14:23 am
I've never, ever called anyone a name on this board and I expect others to treat me with the same respect I afford them. And if that's too much to ask from you - don't respond to my posts or put me on ignore.
first, you responded to what I wrote. Second  grow up and put your big panties on. Your game is old and tired. You want to defend BP go somewhere else. This is a hog board, not a Louisville board.

seasonhog

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 28, 2017, 12:09:36 am

Quote from: hoglady on September 28, 2017, 12:14:23 am

Don't call my pal [ hoglady ] named.

seasonhog

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 28, 2017, 12:15:11 am
All documented...JL did a fantastic job of documenting everything plus the Stat Police investigated the incident and trooper King.

Your post is hear-say......we need Long to post......call him up.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: seasonhog on September 28, 2017, 12:21:38 am
Don't call my pal [ hoglady ] named.
I thought Trump voters were against PC...Guess not.

hoglady

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 28, 2017, 12:15:36 am
first, you responded to what I wrote. Second  grow up and put your big panties on. Your game is old and tired. You want to defend BP go somewhere else. This is a hog board, not a Louisville board.

On a rampage much tonight??

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: seasonhog on September 28, 2017, 12:24:05 am
Your post is hear-say......we need Long to post......call him up.
What part of documented or investigation don't you get? Do you have access to google?

seasonhog

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 28, 2017, 12:26:35 am
I thought Trump voters were against PC...Guess not.

Is this hear-say......or did you change my vote?

mckinneyhog5

seasonhog

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 28, 2017, 12:27:41 am
What part of documented or investigation don't you get? Do you have access to google?

Thanks.........now I know were you get your info.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: seasonhog on September 28, 2017, 12:28:43 am

Is this hear-say......or did you change my vote?
Dude it's just hearsay..no need for the hyphen.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: seasonhog on September 28, 2017, 12:30:14 am

Thanks.........now I know were you get your info.
Yep, access to offcial documentation. No need for hear-say.

Gonzo

Quote from: East Clintwood on September 28, 2017, 12:07:50 am

No, no, no. Integrity is absolute, either way. Fault or frailty anywhere means fault and frailty everywhere, I've been assured this. I'm just glad I have such unblemished and impeccable sources to show me the way, I'm far too human on my own.

Go Hogs!

hoglady

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 28, 2017, 12:28:51 am
Lol, poor snowflake. I'm sorry I've upset you.

You wish you upset me.
Isn't that your whole point - to get under folks skin.

We all have opinions - mine is just different than yours.

seasonhog

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 28, 2017, 12:30:59 am
Dude it's just hearsay..no need for the hyphen.

Hey mckinneyhog......I am a old season-hog fan.......nice  talking to you.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: hoglady on September 28, 2017, 12:34:26 am
You wish you upset me.
Isn't that your whole point - to get under folks skin.

We all have opinions - mine is just different than yours.
I don't really care about you...the ONLY reason I've EVER thought about you is because YOU replied to MY post. Otherwise you would have never existed to me. Sad I know but the truth.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: seasonhog on September 28, 2017, 12:34:47 am

Hey mckinneyhog......I am a old season-hog fan.......nice  talking to you.
Me too..and back at ya. Go hogs!

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 28, 2017, 12:37:24 am
I don't really care about you...the ONLY reason I've EVER thought about you is because YOU replied to MY post. Otherwise you would have never existed to me. Sad I know but the truth.

Dude...are you off your Ritalin?

Seriously dude. Calm down.

PRJ

Jimbob111

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 27, 2017, 02:58:53 pm

I enjoyed every game that BP coached. Not so much since he left.

This. I never felt like the Hogs were out of a game with him coaching. Keep in mind what 1 year with BP's coaching did for Casey Dick.

Sucked on defense, Willie couldn't teach at all but BP and McGhee COULD teach and they did.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

Hoggie17

Those without sin cast the first stone. I am not perfect and neither are any of us posters, I have sinned more than once and asked for God's forgiveness and it's as it never happened.  That's a promise that God made to mortal humans.  After reading some of the self-righteous chest thumping  holy than tho rhetoric  you would think some are perfect.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 28, 2017, 01:53:13 am
Those without sin cast the first stone. I am not perfect and neither are any of us posters, I have sinned more than once and asked for God's forgiveness and it's as it never happened.  That's a promise that God made to mortal humans.  After reading some of the self-righteous chest thumping  holy than tho rhetoric  you would think some are perfect.
You're right never had and never would cheat on my wife. I owe her my faithfulness and love and that's just minimum what I owe her. It hurts me to see her cry but it would be devastating for me to make her cry. I guess I'm just faithful like that. She is the kindest and most loving person I've ever met. She probably deserves better but I would never betray the trust she has in me.

Hoggie17

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 28, 2017, 02:01:19 am
You're right never had and never would cheat on my wife. I owe her my faithfulness and love and that's just minimum what I owe her. It hurts me to see her cry but it would be devastating for me to make her cry. I guess I'm just faithful like that. She is the kindest and most loving person I've ever met. She probably deserves better but I would never betray the trust she has in me.
50% of wives in all marriages cheat on their husband.  Let me repeat that 50%.  No one thinks their spouce  will cheat.  All of us sin, there is no question about it.  But cheating in a marriage is between the husband and wife and how they handle is between them. It should stay at home where it belongs, it is not a reason to lose your job. If my wife cheated on me but did not want to end the marriage I would forgive her and and it would be as if it never happened.  That's the Christian way.  I forgave CBP he did his job well.

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=124040                                 

Been10Hog

Quote from: hawgon on September 27, 2017, 11:45:56 pm
He was in a motorcycle accident with his 20 something mistress who he put on the payroll. He refused to call an ambulance but called the state trooper to pick him up to cover his ass. He left the girl there by herself after the accident! Made her get another ride!