Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Gym in Fayetteville

Started by hawgrunner, November 07, 2016, 03:56:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

What's the best overall gym in Fayetteville?

Planet Fitness
World Gym
Fitness 4 Less
Anytime Fitness
Clubhaus Fitness

hawgrunner

Or if you know another not listed please let us know.

ATU HOG

hawgrunner

LCAPTP

ATU HOG

Quote from: hawgrunner on November 08, 2016, 07:59:34 pm
how is the memberships costs?
I'm 25 and it was 50 a month. 

I think for a couple it's 100 total.

HogimusMaximus

hog.goblin

hawgrunner

Quote from: hog.goblin on December 25, 2016, 11:56:24 pm
Do you like it?  It's the closest one to my house. 

You should sign up.

daprospecta

I wouldn't recommend Plant Fitness to anyone who is serious or wants to get serious about lifting. They are structured to keep you out of shape. What kind of gym has pizza days? I could see if they were offering a thin crust chicken supreme but full fledged pepperoni etc? Nah.

hog.goblin

Quote from: daprospecta on January 01, 2017, 06:20:05 pm
I wouldn't recommend Plant Fitness to anyone who is serious or wants to get serious about lifting. They are structured to keep you out of shape. What kind of gym has pizza days? I could see if they were offering a thin crust chicken supreme but full fledged pepperoni etc? Nah.

That's the problem, I'm not serious about any of it but I need to do start doing something to get back in shape.  I need something close and someone to keep me accountable.  As a business owner, husband, and father of three, I have too many distractions to do it on my own, particularly when all things in my life stop from 02/15 to 04/15.  Hard to maintain a habit when you take 2 months off.

I've got to find a way to shorten/avoid that.

daprospecta

Quote from: hog.goblin on January 01, 2017, 10:24:59 pm
That's the problem, I'm not serious about any of it but I need to do start doing something to get back in shape.  I need something close and someone to keep me accountable.  As a business owner, husband, and father of three, I have too many distractions to do it on my own, particularly when all things in my life stop from 02/15 to 04/15.  Hard to maintain a habit when you take 2 months off.

Don't need a gym for that. Start small.  Walk around the neighbor 15-20 minutes a day and do 20 pushups and situps every day. Slowly increase that amount and cut out something small like if you enjoy a frapp in the morning, switch to coffee with half and half. Do things you know you can commit to.  When you have outgrown those things, you will know, then it's time to join a gym. 

hawgrunner

So from 4/16 to 2/13 you doing your more focused workouts and the 2/15 to 4/15 just work on eating right and walking once a day say like 20 to 30 mins. Like the pro athletes have their off season where training is dialed back look at that time as your off season.   8)

and someone to keep me accountable.

I may know someone that would be in your area soon for that...  ;)

GolfNut57

Quote from: daprospecta on January 01, 2017, 11:05:37 pm
Don't need a gym for that. Start small. Walk around the neighbor 15-20 minutes a day and do 20 pushups and situps every day. Slowly increase that amount and cut out something small like if you enjoy a frapp in the morning, switch to coffee with half and half. Do things you know you can commit to.  When you have outgrown those things, you will know, then it's time to join a gym.

Just how big do you think his neighbor is?  :D
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

hog.goblin

Quote from: GolfNut57 on January 02, 2017, 12:47:53 pm
Just how big do you think his neighbor is?  :D

well, the one on the east side is pretty big, but he may not appreciate it.

hog.goblin

Quote from: daprospecta on January 01, 2017, 11:05:37 pm
Don't need a gym for that. Start small.  Walk around the neighbor 15-20 minutes a day and do 20 pushups and situps every day. Slowly increase that amount and cut out something small like if you enjoy a frapp in the morning, switch to coffee with half and half. Do things you know you can commit to.  When you have outgrown those things, you will know, then it's time to join a gym. 

Quote from: hawgrunner on January 02, 2017, 12:04:50 pm
So from 4/16 to 2/13 you doing your more focused workouts and the 2/15 to 4/15 just work on eating right and walking once a day say like 20 to 30 mins. Like the pro athletes have their off season where training is dialed back look at that time as your off season.   8)

I may know someone that would be in your area soon for that...  ;)

good points

majestic

Best gym for what?  I'll be pumping iron at the new meat-head gym soon. Ozark Iron in the old Hancock's Fabrics building. Though, I'm no longer a meat-head. But it is right down the street and my son and I will be working out there together.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

hawgrunner

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on November 17, 2016, 05:30:57 am
Planet Fitness.

aren't they limited on number of free weights they have?

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: hawgrunner on January 07, 2017, 05:25:52 pm

aren't they limited on number of free weights they have?

somewhat, but there is a lot of tail to chase there...that is why i go there.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

DuvallFallsHog1975

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on January 09, 2017, 09:36:26 am
somewhat, but there is a lot of tail to chase there...that is why i go there.

Hah, yeah that place has a lot of hotties.