Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pat Allen down to 2

Started by Music City Hog, November 17, 2014, 10:37:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Music City Hog

I think we all know this, but he will not be a Hog.  According to a new rivals article, he will announce at the semper fi all American game between Tennessee and Georgia.

On to the next one...

redeye

November 18, 2014, 12:32:08 am #1 Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 12:56:16 am by redeye
Yea, that's no surprise.

Thanks!

P.S.  Tennessee is still recruiting several players hard, so it should be interesting to see how they'll handle all their recruits.

Choctaw Hog

November 18, 2014, 07:22:14 am #2 Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 09:24:30 am by Choctaw Hog
Quote from: Music City Hog on November 17, 2014, 10:37:50 pm
I think we all know this, but he will not be a Hog.  According to a new rivals article, he will announce at the semper fi all American game between Tennessee and Georgia.

On to the next one...

Why do you consider this news worth posting?  Every school offers more players than they sign so every school "loses" players to another school.  We "lost" Jermaine Eluemunor last year to the Aggies but picked up Sebastian Tretola.

A JUCO player needs to play immediately but his decision to sign with the Aggies isn't working out too well for Jermaine because the last time I look he hasn't played a down.  Without question you and those like you probably took great pleasure in Eluemunor flipping to the Aggies last year from Bielema and staff but that's a great example of how ignorant fans with an agenda look foolish on a regular basis because the Hogs benefitted from "losing" Jermaine.

You obviously spend a great deal of time following recruiting so here is a little tip since you can't grasp how recruiting is done.  Arkansas, along with every other college team offer a lot more players then they sign and here is where it gets tricky for the mathematically challenged.  Since schools offer more than they sign, that means every school will "lose" a lot of players to other teams.  See how easy that is? 

We don't need someone like you stating the obvious when it comes to recruiting.  Arkansas, along with Bama, LSU, A & M , etc. will "lose" some more players before
recruiting season is finished so we don't need you reporting on every single one we "lost".  Instead, glean your information from other's work and focus on the ones we sign, will sign, or still have a chance to sign. 

Beliema and staff are the best coaches Arkansas has had in a long, long time and are are arguably the best recruiting staff ever at Arkansas.  Much to your chagrin Hog Futures have never been higher!  GO HOGS!!!!!!

Tim Harris

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on November 18, 2014, 07:22:14 am
Why do you consider this news worth posting?  Every school offers more players than they sign so every school "loses" players to another school.  We "lost" Jermaine Eluemunor last year to the Aggies but picked up Sebastian Tretola.

A JUCO player needs to play immediately but his decision to sign with the Aggies isn't working out too well for Jermaine because the last time I look he hasn't played a down.  Without question you and those like you probably took great pleasure in Eluemunor flipping to the Aggies last year from Bielema and staff but that's a great example of how ignorant fans with an agenda look foolish on a regular basis because the Hogs benefitted from "losing" Jermaine.

You obviously spend a great deal of time following recruiting so here is a little tip since you can't grasp how recruiting is done.  Arkansas, along with every other college team will offer a lot more players then they will sign and here is where it gets trick for the mathematically challenged.  Since they offer more than they sigh, that means each school will "lose" a lot of players to other teams.  Se how easy that is? 

We don't need someone like you stating the obvious when it comes to recruiting.  Arkansas, along with Bama, LSU, A & M , etc. will "lose" some more players before
recruiting season is finished so we don't need you reporting on every single one we "lost".  Instead, glean your information from other's work and focus on the ones we sign, will sign, or still have a chance to sign. 

He posted factual information, no need to attack him.  The kid had officially visited and many believe that is what we need to compete for a recruit.  We are now out of the running and can move on to other recruits for us to follow.

I've already had to delete a bunch of crap like this out of this thread already.  If you don't like the information that is there move on to another thread.  There is always plenty of good conversation in the Recruiting Forum.

ricepig

Well, to come to a little defense of MCH, and I mean little, we got him here for a visit. I think he's just saying, we didn't end up in his top 2, in his less than tactful way.

Theolesnort

Nothing in MCH's post to get one's nose out of joint except I got Pat and Josh Allen mixed up in my mind and got a little concerned but that was my fault. Lighten up Choctaw we are loading up fast and are now telling some recruits to look elsewhere. We can't take everyone interested.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Music City Hog

Quote from: redeye on November 18, 2014, 12:32:08 am
Yea, that's no surprise.

Thanks!

P.S.  Tennessee is still recruiting several players hard, so it should be interesting to see how they'll handle all their recruits.

I'm interested to see how they manage this as well. I thought they may sign fewer than 25 after last years class but they are gonna be over 25 again it appears. 

I assume they will have to drop some kids that have currently been committed for a while, which is not the reputation you wanna earn.  I hope it bites them because I'm so over the local Butch Jones love fest. 

yraciv

You obviously spend a great deal of time following recruiting so here is a little tip since you can't grasp how recruiting is done.  Arkansas, along with every other college team offer a lot more players then they sign and here is where it gets trick for the mathematically challenged.  Since schools offer more than they sign, that means every school will "lose" a lot of players to other teams.  See how easy that is? 

Beliema and staff are the best coaches Arkansas has had in a long, long time and are are arguably the best recruiting staff ever at Arkansas.  Much to your chagrin Hog Futures have never been higher!  GO HOGS!!!!!!

What are you talking about? Not everyone on here is looking to spam the message board.  Patrick Allen took an official visit here and is choosing between 2 SEC schools. That is information I'd be curious about.  Nothing in MCH's post showed the intent you implied.

Wildhog

You obviously spend a great deal of time following recruiting so here is a little tip since you can't grasp how recruiting is done.  Arkansas, along with every other college team offer a lot more players then they sign and here is where it gets trick for the mathematically challenged.  Since schools offer more than they sign, that means every school will "lose" a lot of players to other teams.  See how easy that is? 

Wow.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Amityvillehogger

A JUCO player needs to play immediately but his decision to sign with the Aggies isn't working out too well for Jermaine because the last time I look he hasn't played a down. 

Is it bad that I find this hilarious? This dude spewed garbage about our program after decommiting and we showed him nothing but love with open arms. Now he can't even get on the field.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

The_Iceman

Music City Hog

Quote from: Wildhog on November 18, 2014, 08:49:26 am
Wow.

I know, right?  I didn't even need to reply.  He does the work for me.

Back to topic though, I'd loved to have had Allen but im not too concerned because I'm hoping we land Jalin, Jalen, and/ or Howell.  OL is not a concern of mine.

SDZ_Hog

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on November 18, 2014, 08:51:10 am
Is it bad that I find this hilarious? This dude spewed garbage about our program after decommiting and we showed him nothing but love with open arms. Now he can't even get on the field.

I believe they are using a redshirt year on him from what I could dig up on texags. 

I have faith Coach Pittman will get at least two more high quality OL to go with Rogers, Jackson, Josh Allen

ldfergu

Quote from: Music City Hog on November 18, 2014, 09:36:15 am

Back to topic though, I'd loved to have had Allen but im not too concerned because I'm hoping we land Jalin, Jalen, and/ or Howell.  OL is not a concern of mine.

Yeah, Im never too worried about OLine recruiting under this staff.  However, does anybody know why they've softened up this year??

ricepig

Quote from: Music City Hog on November 18, 2014, 09:36:15 am

I like our chances with Merrick, the other two, no idea.

SDZ_Hog

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on November 18, 2014, 09:48:47 am
Yeah, Im never too worried about OLine recruiting under this staff.  However, does anybody know why they've softened up this year??

We have faced some pretty salty DLines. Not sure if that is an excuse or reality.  A penalty here and a dropped pass there away from being 8-2 or 7-3. Which everyone would take in a heartbeat.

1highhog

Quote from: SDZ_Hog on November 18, 2014, 10:02:19 am
We have faced some pretty salty DLines. Not sure if that is an excuse or reality.  A penalty here and a dropped pass there away from being 8-2 or 7-3. Which everyone would take in a heartbeat.

Agreed.  Besides, our Oline, even though freakishly large, has been beaten by experience more than muscle.  We've had to start freshmen, true freshmen at that because of being so thin and these guys have suffered for it.  I think guys on the Line, both sides, need a redshirt year, I don't care how gifted they are.  I know the old stereotype is that the Lines are big dumb guys, but these guys have to be some of the smartest guys on the team when it comes to playbook schemes.  Throwing some into the fire last year under a complex offense was terrible, same way with BA, and they all suffered from it.  They're going against the best defenses in the Country trying to think what play is being called, if they're lined up correctly, and thinking instead of naturally knowing the play by heart spells disaster, 14 games worth of it under CBB.

SDZ_Hog

Quote from: 1highhog on November 18, 2014, 10:41:47 am
Agreed.  Besides, our Oline, even though freakishly large, has been beaten by experience more than muscle.  We've had to start freshmen, true freshmen at that because of being so thin and these guys have suffered for it.  I think guys on the Line, both sides, need a redshirt year, I don't care how gifted they are.  I know the old stereotype is that the Lines are big dumb guys, but these guys have to be some of the smartest guys on the team when it comes to playbook schemes.  Throwing some into the fire last year under a complex offense was terrible, same way with BA, and they all suffered from it.  They're going against the best defenses in the Country trying to think what play is being called, if they're lined up correctly, and thinking instead of naturally knowing the play by heart spells disaster, 14 games worth of it under CBB.

Should be interesting to see the progression of Ragnow and Wallace, Non-RS vs RS year, both physically and mentally by the end of their careers. 

redeye

Quote from: Music City Hog on November 18, 2014, 07:45:13 am
I'm interested to see how they manage this as well. I thought they may sign fewer than 25 after last years class but they are gonna be over 25 again it appears. 

I assume they will have to drop some kids that have currently been committed for a while, which is not the reputation you wanna earn.  I hope it bites them because I'm so over the local Butch Jones love fest.

I was thinking they had over 30 committed, but I see it's only 26 now.  I believe they're still in on several big players, so I have to guess you're right about them cutting some.

Btw, Thigpen is Allen's lead recruiter for Tennessee, of course.

Tomhog™

You obviously spend a great deal of time following recruiting so here is a little tip since you can't grasp how recruiting is done.  Arkansas, along with every other college team offer a lot more players then they sign and here is where it gets tricky for the mathematically challenged.  Since schools offer more than they sign, that means every school will "lose" a lot of players to other teams.  See how easy that is? 

I have no idea what fanned this flame, it obviously wasn't this post alone.  I read the post as informative and not in a defeatist attitude.

1highhog

Quote from: SDZ_Hog on November 18, 2014, 10:57:50 am
Should be interesting to see the progression of Ragnow and Wallace, Non-RS vs RS year, both physically and mentally by the end of their careers. 

Yes it will.  If my memory lasts that long.  Of course, I'm going with old school thinking, but there's not really anything wrong with old school 95% of the time.  You get the right Atheletes in here like it appears CBB and his staff are getting, and I'll take this brand of football any day of the week compared to the fling it all over the field Offenses.

#NeverYield

Quote from: Tomhog™ on November 18, 2014, 11:54:37 am
I have no idea what fanned this flame, it obviously wasn't this post alone.  I read the post as informative and not in a defeatist attitude.

Either we just got Rick Rolled... Or Choctaw Hog went full retard. I dunno.

ricepig

Quote from: #NeverYield on November 18, 2014, 12:27:24 pm

I would imagine he was going off past history......

Music City Hog

Quote from: #NeverYield on November 18, 2014, 12:27:24 pm

Choctaw is obsessed with me.  While it's adorable, I was simply posting about a guy that took an official visit here a coupe of weeks ago that we haven't heard much about since. I'd have posted the same info of the Hogs were or not on his top 2.

He doesn't like me because I say things are bad when they are bad.   I also say things are good when they are good.

Things happen to really be going great right now, in both recruiting and on the field.  We have the right staff in place and the future looks brighter and brighter.  I'm very excited about the direction of the program.

ricepig

Quote from: Music City Hog on November 18, 2014, 12:40:24 pm
Choctaw is obsessed with me.  While it's adorable, I was simply posting about a guy that took an official visit here a coupe of weeks ago that we haven't heard much about since. I'd have posted the same info of the Hogs were or not on his top 2.

He doesn't like me because I say things are bad when they are bad.   I also say things are good when they are good.

Things happen to really be going great right now, in both recruiting and on the field.  We have the right staff in place and the future looks brighter and brighter.  I'm very excited about the direction of the program.

Well, to be honest, you've said things were bad when they turned out good, too.

Peter Porker

Just remember had we gotten the flake we may have never gotten Tretola.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

The_Boot_stops_here

in case no one has been paying attention, this is pretty standard stuff from Choctaw.  dude is ALWAYS ticked at someone