Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recruits react to Hogs' win

Started by The Recruiting Guy, November 16, 2014, 06:07:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pulled(PP)pork

JRHoward

Thanks for the updates RD!  Very much appreciated.  WPS!
Woooo Pig!

Wildhog

TJ Smith sounds like a Hog, already.

Sounds like Agim is a big fan, as well.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Ironhawg

Love that the comments by Ty Storey began with "we" when referring to the Hogs.

Ray Piggers

Quote from: Wildhog on November 16, 2014, 07:38:42 pm
TJ Smith sounds like a Hog, already.

Sounds like Agim is a big fan, as well.

Pretty sure Agim was there and rushed the field.
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

Ray Piggers

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 16, 2014, 07:50:06 pm
Love that the comments by Ty Storey began with "we" when referring to the Hogs.

You would love RWIII's and Froholdt's comments then!

redeye

I found this one interesting:

QuoteJunior WR Isaiah Graham of Bastrop, La.
"They been that team all year, but they finally put it all together."

Goes to show that recruits have known we we're close, even if some of our own fans didn't realize it.

Wildhog

Quote from: Ray Piggers on November 16, 2014, 08:06:42 pm
Pretty sure Agim was there and rushed the field.

He was.  I read he was one of the first on the field.  Would be amazing if we could get him to commit early and get out on the recruiting trail for us.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Ray Piggers

Top Tweets:

RWIII: "As if the weekend couldn't get any better! Great win and SHUTOUT! Big Time #WPS #TakeTheBoot"

Dre Greenlaw: "I can't wait to be out there!"

CJ O'Grady: "That's gonna be us next year you bros 8) @dregreenlaw @W_Gragg7 @KayJayHill @DontaeStewart @tystorey4"

Hjalte Froholdt: "#WPS all the way! #TheBootIsOurs!"

cosmodrum

Quote from: Ray Piggers on November 16, 2014, 08:43:19 pm
Top Tweets:

RWIII: "As if the weekend couldn't get any better! Great win and SHUTOUT! Big Time #WPS #TakeTheBoot"

CJ O'Grady: "That's gonna be us next year you bros 8) @dregreenlaw @W_Gragg7 @KayJayHill @DontaeStewart @tystorey4"

Gotta love that
Go away, batin'

RunHogruN

Quote from: Ray Piggers on November 16, 2014, 08:43:19 pm
Top Tweets:

The guys are now realizing that with hard work and determination comes with sweet rewards.  The young men who won the game last night will hopefully play like champions each and every game from now on.  They have felt the agony of defeat 17 times now in the SEC.  Last night was their rebirth.  This team will rise like a phoenix from the ashes of the pain they have endured for the past 2.5 years.  THE FIRE HAS BEEN LIT!!! It's time to keep it alive! WPS!!!

The incoming Hogs believe and they will FIGHT TO KEEP THE FIRE A LIVE!!!
It's only a game...R E L A X     B)

gumbohog

Interesting list of reactions...including several "committed to other schools" :-)

Huds_HawgTide

It was an all around amazing night...the fans...the players...the play calling....the defense
..the atmosphere was electric...the rush to the boot and the storming the field...me and my brother capped it off with kissing the hog at midfield
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

redeye

Just saw on Richard's twitter feed:

QuoteDerrick Graham @Mrperfection352  ·  2h 2 hours ago
Again I'm asking the best recruits in FL, why not join me@ Ark? 2 have this each Sat. It make u Speechless 2c. WPS!

The Recruiting Guy

10:08 update - OL Jalen Merrick, LB-DE Porter Gustin and 2016 LB Jordan Carmouche react to the win
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/nov/16/recruits-sound-arkansas-victory-over-lsu/

HoggusMaximus

Richard I know Gustin is a long shot but what chances If you had to guess. 10%?

Ray Piggers

Quote from: Richard Davenport on November 16, 2014, 10:18:17 pm
10:08 update - OL Jalen Merrick, LB-DE Porter Gustin and 2016 LB Jordan Carmouche react to the win
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/nov/16/recruits-sound-arkansas-victory-over-lsu/

Jalen Merrick sounds like he's a fan

1highhog

Quote from: redeye on November 16, 2014, 09:51:12 pm
Just saw on Richard's twitter feed:

I'm loving this young man.  Graham is doing all kinds of Recruiting for us and appears to be loving him some Hog. 

Hawgzinbowlz

After we go bowling we'll have top 15 recruiting classes consistently. CBB/Staff have something tangible to sell now. Heckuva recruiting staff and great responses from recruits, even the non-committed and other place committed.
Ole' Miss should be electric.

" GO HOGS "

1highhog

Whatever the weather is this coming Saturday, I don't care if it's the second coming of the great flood or the rapture or whatever else you have in mind, oh yeah, and deer hunting, I'm in to deer hunting as much as anyone, but come on people!  This is our team going against one of our most hated Rivals from years gone by.  I know most on here don't know that, but we used to have a regular series with Ole Miss way before we came into the SEC, this was when Ole Miss and Arkansas both were powerhouse teams.  It was as bitter a rival as Texas ever was, with it getting completely out of hand at times.  Now, they're good, really good, they're coming onto our field and planning on spoiling what our Hogs just experienced.  Their defense is probably tops in the SEC, or right at it, their Offense goes as their QB goes, hot and cold.  If our defense holds him in check, we can take this game, but our Offense has to be pumping on all cylinders to pull this game off.  If we win, we're Bowl eligible guys.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: 1highhog on November 17, 2014, 04:04:23 pm
Whatever the weather is this coming Saturday, I don't care if it's the second coming of the great flood or the rapture or whatever else you have in mind, oh yeah, and deer hunting, I'm in to deer hunting as much as anyone, but come on people!  This is our team going against one of our most hated Rivals from years gone by.  I know most on here don't know that, but we used to have a regular series with Ole Miss way before we came into the SEC, this was when Ole Miss and Arkansas both were powerhouse teams.  It was as bitter a rival as Texas ever was, with it getting completely out of hand at times.  Now, they're good, really good, they're coming onto our field and planning on spoiling what our Hogs just experienced.  Their defense is probably tops in the SEC, or right at it, their Offense goes as their QB goes, hot and cold.  If our defense holds him in check, we can take this game, but our Offense has to be pumping on all cylinders to pull this game off.  If we win, we're Bowl eligible guys.
Yep, you are so "right on" when you talk about past games being extremely bitter. In fact the most infamous was the one in '60(?) at WMS that resulted in riots and fights in the stands and after the game when a controversial field goal was called good that supposedly won the game for OM. While I wasn't at the game I had several very good friends, big OM fans and natives of Miss., who were and admitted to me later that the attempt was so far out of the goal posts they were speechless (yet delighted) at the call. In any event, the outcome was so bitterly contested that the U of A (or the story I've always heard goes) flatly refused to play them again. That approach didn't change until the early 80s when a game was finally played in Jackson. It was a glorious whipping of their rears that year that at least to some degree helped erase the two decades of sour taste that many Hog fans experienced.

1highhog

True, and by that time, Ole Miss was in bad shape.  We could pencil Ole Miss in for an automatic win every year during those years.  The game you're referring to was held in WMS and yes, that game led to a riot in the stands.  It is referred to some old timers as the Tommy Bell game, or something like that, they did play a game the next year, but it also was marred with fighting, the series was suspended until 1981 because of this.