Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Petition: Basketball commits targets thread stickied in recruiting forum

Started by intelligence, November 12, 2014, 08:04:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

intelligence

I've often wondered why we do this for football and not basketball too. I wouldn't mind pitching in to maintain a commit list/target list if the issue is finding someone to do it. I'm curious if there are other fans who might bind this helpful as well. I'd sure like a thread for basketball commits too.

Adam Stokes

In my opinion I would be in favor of simply having everything basketball related in the Jump Ball forum.  It seems anything recruiting often gets a double thread there.  I'm not sure we are on enough propects/have enough commits in any given year that it would warrant one.  I can name off the top of my head every basketball commit we've had the last 4 years but probably can't even name all of the commits we have in football for even this class unless I glance at the list first.  JMO though.

intelligence

Quote from: Adam Stokes on November 12, 2014, 08:07:04 pm
In my opinion I would be in favor of simply having everything basketball related in the Jump Ball forum.  It seems anything recruiting often gets a double thread there.  I'm not sure we are on enough propects/have enough commits in any given year that it would warrant one.  I can name off the top of my head every basketball commit we've had the last 4 years but probably can't even name all of the commits we have in football for even this class unless I glance at the list first.  JMO though.

fair enough, thanks for voicing your opinion.

-Blu

Quote from: Adam Stokes on November 12, 2014, 08:07:04 pm

Yea I agree, there's enough room in Jump Ball to do recruiting there as well, it often ends up there anyways.

intelligence

Quote from: -Blu on November 12, 2014, 08:36:46 pm
Yea I agree, there's enough room in Jump Ball to do recruiting there as well, it often ends up there anyways.

Maybe we could petition for a thread to be stickied there? it would be nice(IMO)

FrozenHam

Quote from: intelligence on November 12, 2014, 08:55:47 pm
Maybe we could petition for a thread to be stickied there? it would be nice(IMO)
I think it's a good idea.  I support this sticky.

VirginiaHog

Quote from: intelligence on November 12, 2014, 08:04:34 pm
I've often wondered why we do this for football and not basketball too. I wouldn't mind pitching in to maintain a commit list/target list if the issue is finding someone to do it. I'm curious if there are other fans who might bind this helpful as well. I'd sure like a thread for basketball commits too.
I agree. And just because there arent alot of names doesnt mean it cant be stickied.  If this forum is to be football only it should be renamed football recruiting.

HoggusMaximus

Tim Harris

The majority of recruiting news for the other sports are handled in their respective board.  We get the occasional thread but most of that traffic takes place elsewhere on the site.

The_Iceman

The difference is, with basketball we may be talking about 10 total serious recruits per season. With football, that number could be close to 100.

I think Jump Ball could handle its own recruiting news. I don't even think it has to be a stickied thread for all recruiting news. Just post basketball recruiting information in their own threads.

scruf

I support moving all non-football related recruiting news to the forum that houses that recruit's sport, with the exception of the "recruiting" forum which would then be renamed "Football Recruiting."

dowils

I second that second for the recruiting forum of each recruiting forum for each sport.