Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Don't Forget That We Have 1 Army All American Already Committed

Started by trashcan maN, November 11, 2014, 08:27:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

trashcan maN

I wasn't aware of this, but Blake Johnson (P) was selected as an Army All American a while back and is considered the top Punter in the country.

I've never been one to get giddy over a punter or kicker, but after seeing my Hogs get punished by Bama's outstanding punter all game long, I have a new respect for that part of the game. If we're going to be playing in close, field position games, this will be a huge weapon. I honestly feel like Bama's punter was probably the MVP of that game. We held them deep in their territory numerous times, and one bad punt could've easily led to a field goal, but he flipped the field on us every....single.....time.

I know it's probably been reported, but I just wanted to give a shout out to this little gem that doesn't get talked about much.

Hoping we can snag one more AAA before it's over. (Porter Gustin)

http://www.usarmyallamericanbowl.com/players/player-roster

ricepig

@ArRecruitingGuy: Ark WR commitment @KayJayHill to receive his U.S. Army All American jersey during an 8 o'clock ceremony at @NLRfootball next Monday morning

trashcan maN

Quote from: ricepig on November 11, 2014, 08:34:56 am
@ArRecruitingGuy: Ark WR commitment @KayJayHill to receive his U.S. Army All American jersey during an 8 o'clock ceremony at @NLRfootball next Monday morning
BOOM! Good catch. 3 AAA this year?

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: trashcan maN on November 11, 2014, 08:27:22 am
I wasn't aware of this, but Blake Johnson (P) was selected as an Army All American a while back and is considered the top Punter in the country.

I've never been one to get giddy over a punter or kicker, but after seeing my Hogs get punished by Bama's outstanding punter all game long, I have a new respect for that part of the game. If we're going to be playing in close, field position games, this will be a huge weapon. I honestly feel like Bama's punter was probably the MVP of that game. We held them deep in their territory numerous times, and one bad punt could've easily led to a field goal, but he flipped the field on us every....single.....time.

I know it's probably been reported, but I just wanted to give a shout out to this little gem that doesn't get talked about much.

Well I understand he plays some defense and apparently really enjoys hitting people. Perhaps we could label him the "pulverizing punter".

texas tush hog

Quote from: trashcan maN on November 11, 2014, 08:27:22 am

Hopefully he can win the punting competition with a walk-on in the fall.

redeye

Yea, I also think Bama's punter was their MVP for our game.  Bama always has a great punter, so it's nothing new for them.  Anytime they get stopped near their goal line, their punter makes up for it, so the other team never starts with great field position.  Year in and out, they may have the best punters in the nation and that was true long before Saban.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: redeye on November 11, 2014, 08:16:03 pm
Yea, I also think Bama's punter was their MVP for our game.  Bama always has a great punter, so it's nothing new for them.  Anytime they get stopped near their goal line, their punter makes up for it, so the other team never starts with great field position.  Year in and out, they may have the best punters in the nation and that was true long before Saban.

Kid was impact player in that game. We were actually very good on 3rd down in that game but that kid changed field position so much we still weren't able to get in the red zone

ricepig

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on November 11, 2014, 08:41:58 pm
Kid was impact player in that game. We were actually very good on 3rd down in that game but that kid changed field position so much we still weren't able to get in the red zone

Well, if we had fielded the punts, we could have saved ourselves about 75yds in field position.