Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fort Smith Class of 2019

Started by LL COOL HOG, November 10, 2014, 10:14:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LL COOL HOG

He's only a 8th grader at Kimmons Jr. High but has been putting up numbers since he was 8 :)

If he continues to progress and put in the work, we could see him on the Hill.

Swinehart

sickboy

At first, I was like, "Damn... that field is huge." Then I realized the players were just small.

fullfan

On top of a great athlete he is a quality kid in the classroom and off the field.   A little early to tell about his D-1 future but as the original poster put it he has been lights out since he started playing.

hawgdavis

Only problem is with kids that age lots of things can happen. He may have already peaked athletically, or he may not grow much more, could get in with the wrong group, or get out of football alltogether. I remember coming thru Jr high and we had a few really good players that things like this happened to. I hope this does not happen with this young man and that he keeps improving and some day in the not to distant future he makes it to the Hill or some other school should he choose a different direction.

The real Hogules

November 10, 2014, 07:34:26 pm #5 Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 07:59:25 pm by The real Hogules
Nm
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

LL COOL HOG

Quote from: fullfan on November 10, 2014, 06:33:31 pm
On top of a great athlete he is a quality kid in the classroom and off the field.   A little early to tell about his D-1 future but as the original poster put it he has been lights out since he started playing.

I've only heard good things about him. I hope he does well and exceed expectations.

Fan1958

Quote from: hawgdavis on November 10, 2014, 07:05:26 pm
Only problem is with kids that age lots of things can happen. He may have already peaked athletically, or he may not grow much more, could get in with the wrong group, or get out of football alltogether. I remember coming thru Jr high and we had a few really good players that things like this happened to. I hope this does not happen with this young man and that he keeps improving and some day in the not to distant future he makes it to the Hill or some other school should he choose a different direction.

And the sky may turn purple tomorrow.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

Fort Dweller

Sr. is a huge Gamecocks fan.  He'll call a buddy of mine and do that damn crow whenever USCe scores or wins.
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

hogville38

Quote from: Fan1958 on November 11, 2014, 08:42:45 am
And the sky may turn purple tomorrow.
Are we getting that desperate that we are wstching 8th graders films? Hell I was a star in Jr. High ball too. Think I can play for the hogs? Some kids mature faster than others. You can not tell squat about a player in jr. High......lol

PorkRyan

It is way too early to be talking about college football for an 8th grader.  I've watched this kid play numerous sports over the years and he is very good.  Everything I have heard about the kid off the field is that he is a great kid.  I hope he ends up playing for Arkansas one day. 

If I were his parents I would start teaching him how to play CB.  I'd also send him to Greenwood and get him the best coaching in the area.  He could put up some ridiculous numbers in that offense. 

cbhawg03

Quote from: PorkRyan on November 11, 2014, 11:50:07 am
It is way too early to be talking about college football for an 8th grader.  I've watched this kid play numerous sports over the years and he is very good.  Everything I have heard about the kid off the field is that he is a great kid.  I hope he ends up playing for Arkansas one day. 

If I were his parents I would start teaching him how to play CB.  I'd also send him to Greenwood and get him the best coaching in the area.  He could put up some ridiculous numbers in that offense. 

Don't know the kid, but I would guess that there is a better chance that he wins the Heisman at Arkansas than he goes to Greenwood.

The real Hogules

Quote from: cbhawg03 on November 11, 2014, 12:13:32 pm
Don't know the kid, but I would guess that there is a better chance that he wins the Heisman at Arkansas than he goes to Greenwood.

Why wouldn't he play at Greenwood?
I have a son who currently plays for Greenwood's 8th grade team.
All of those kids at G-wood have played against Derrick since their Pitbulls days (3rd -6th grades), while Derrick was playing for Union Christian.
Most like Derrick and would welcome him with open arms, but considering that our 8th graders just completed an undefeated season (and that included a convincing victory over Derricks KJH team) we'll be just fine with, or without The Deuce.
Oh, and our 9th grade Bulldogs also finished their season undefeated as well.
He is a well mannered kid though and would be another weapon if he did decide to play for Greenwood.

ricepig

yraciv

I think this has something to do with why some would imply he has a better chance to win the Heisman at Arkansas than going to Greenwood.

http://www.usaschoolinfo.com/school/greenwood-high-school-greenwood-arkansas.5069/enrollment

Race   Number   %
Indian   21   2.6 %
Asian   15   1.8 %
Hispanic   32   3.9 %
Black   1   0.1 %
White   694   84.5 %
Two or More Ethnicities   58   7.1 %

Of course, any high school in the area would be stupid to not want this athlete. If you said he grew up going to Union and now goes to Kimmons it is safe to assume athletics probably had a bit of an impact on that. I respect Rick Jones and Greenwood's program a ton, but there is no reason at all that would make this kid want to transfer out there.  There are two good coaches and programs in the city that he'll have his choice on where he goes.

PorkRinds

Quote from: hogville38 on November 11, 2014, 11:14:15 am
Are we getting that desperate that we are wstching 8th graders films? Hell I was a star in Jr. High ball too. Think I can play for the hogs? Some kids mature faster than others. You can not tell squat about a player in jr. High......lol

I coached Tyler Wilson in little league and I told people then that he would be a star at some point.  Sometimes kids have "IT".  Not saying this kid does, as I've never seen him. 

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Can't tell in jr high?  Sure u can. You go tell Earle's 9th grade qb who has started every game this year for the Sr high team he isn't gonna make it.  4.0 GPA and 6'4 235.  The next Can Newton/Dak Prescott in our own back yard?

PorkRyan

Quote from: The real Hogules on November 11, 2014, 12:51:52 pm

Most like Derrick and would welcome him with open arms, but considering that our 8th graders just completed an undefeated season (and that included a convincing victory over Derricks KJH team) we'll be just fine

That 8th grade group is fun to watch.  I have a son on the 7th grade team and we would usually stick around and watch the 8th graders play for a half (games were usually over by then)

cbhawg03

Quote from: yraciv on November 11, 2014, 01:44:15 pm
I think this has something to do with why some would imply he has a better chance to win the Heisman at Arkansas than going to Greenwood.

http://www.usaschoolinfo.com/school/greenwood-high-school-greenwood-arkansas.5069/enrollment

Race   Number   %
Indian   21   2.6 %
Asian   15   1.8 %
Hispanic   32   3.9 %
Black   1   0.1 %
White   694   84.5 %
Two or More Ethnicities   58   7.1 %

Of course, any high school in the area would be stupid to not want this athlete. If you said he grew up going to Union and now goes to Kimmons it is safe to assume athletics probably had a bit of an impact on that. I respect Rick Jones and Greenwood's program a ton, but there is no reason at all that would make this kid want to transfer out there. There are two good coaches and programs in the city that he'll have his choice on where he goes.

Bingo.

BrianWPS!!

Rick jones runs an awesome program but you couldn't pay me to leave fort smith just to go to greenwood. Especially since northside is heading in the right direction and southside is still solid.

The real Hogules

I'd bet that the racial breakdown at UC would be very similar to Greenwood's.
Just saying........,

LL COOL HOG

Quote from: The real Hogules on November 11, 2014, 04:18:05 pm
I'd bet that the racial breakdown at UC would be very similar to Greenwood's.
Just saying........,

His fellow students wouldn't be the issue in Greewood. Some parents / grand parents on the other hand could have a issue.

The real Hogules

Quote from: LL COOL HOG on November 11, 2014, 04:46:20 pm
His fellow students wouldn't be the issue in Greewood. Some parents / grand parents on the other hand could have a issue.

While I absolutely couldn't care less where the kid goes to school, that was a totally baseless claim that you just made!

LL COOL HOG

Quote from: The real Hogules on November 11, 2014, 05:28:48 pm
While I absolutely couldn't care less where the kid goes to school, that was a totally baseless claim that you just made!

Are you from Greenwood or do you not understand the word SOME. It could mean 5 out of 100 or 75 out of 100. Then learn the local history of central and southern Sebastian County. Think about why would another poster provide the demographics of the city if there was not a issue in that area.

Anyway this is about a Arkansas young man who excels on and off the field. I just want him to attend Northside!

The real Hogules

November 11, 2014, 06:18:55 pm #24 Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 12:44:14 pm by The real Hogules
Quote from: LL COOL HOG on November 11, 2014, 05:43:38 pm
Are you from Greenwood or do you not understand the word SOME. It could mean 5 out of 100 or 75 out of 100. Then learn the local history of central and southern Sebastian County. Think about why would another poster provide the demographics of the city if there was not a issue in that area.

Anyway this is about a Arkansas young man who excels on and off the field. I just want him to attend Northside!

Believe it or not I'm as white as they come and I attended and graduated from NHS.
That knife you're wielding cuts both ways!
My son that is currently playing for Greenwood doesn't live in the Greenwood school district and wasn't born in this country.
I took (and continue to take) him to Greenwood for the educational advantages that is provided by that particular school system and he/we were accepted with open arms. And he was accepted into Kindergarten, when he couldn't put a complete sentence together in English and loooong before he showed a bit of promise on a football field.
Idiots come in a variety of colors and are not limited to a bunch of old white folk.
It's beyond obvious that all you care about is that Derrick plays at your beloved HS, so you throw out generalizations and then try and quantify them with the word "some", which you go on to state could be 5 out of 100, or 75 out of 100. In other words, you have absolutely NO earthly idea what you're talking about, you're just stating your opinion, which is based solely on your desire that the kid attends the HS of "YOUR" choice.
And that's beyond sad.......................................
And in my best Forrest Gump voice (he's another old white guy) - "That all I have to say about that!"
https://m.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fk12.niche.com%2Frankings%2Fpublic-school-districts%2Fbest-overall%2Fs%2Farkansas%2F%3Futm_medium%3Dsocial%26utm_source%3Dfacebook%26utm_campaign%26utm_term%3DRLP&h=eAQF5cQhB&enc=AZPSEr0scNpmEBgqWGciHpz7oXnAPfagsRYu1spSawg7pcr85Bmpy3YEs45sNKr9qVngCOeRkpjT-UjgOTwm6i9oG11p5NM3Kkc5NRsvQbDUjNQIC0C27ktzRGjojXXcJLKVY3mMDIxazIEV9jyKoISQeiucKcr6RJ5UueJwMVNAmg&s=1

LL COOL HOG

Quote from: The real Hogules on November 11, 2014, 06:18:55 pm
Believe it or not I'm as white as they come and I attended and graduated from NHS.
My son that is currently playing for Greenwood doesn't live in the Greenwood school district and wasn't born in this country.
I took (and continue to take) him to Greenwood for the educational advantages that is provided by that particular school system and he/we were accepted with open arms. And he was accepted into Kindergarten, when he couldn't put a complete sentence together in English and loooong before he showed a bit of promise on a football field.
Idiots come in a variety of colors and are not limited to a bunch of old white folk.
It's beyond obvious that all you care about is that Derrick plays at your beloved HS, so you throw out generalizations and then try and quantify them with the word "some", which you go on to state could be 5 out of 100, or 75 out of 100. In other words, you have absolutely NO earthly idea what you're talking about, you're just stating your opinion, which is based solely on your desire that the kid attends the HS of "YOUR" choice.
And in my best Forrest Gump voice (he's another old white guy) - "That all I have to say about that!"

LOL. "It's beyond obvious" Oh I thought this was the Northside recruiting forum. Tell me more what I think.

What's the definition of the word SOME. It's a undefined number. If you were so good at making assumption you would note that I said he would not have a problem with students. That usually means they were raised by great parents that teaches them right from wrong. I'm standing by the word SOME because I have Personal experience with SOME not ALL of the citizens. It was not good for me or my family.

MODS please delete this thread. This was about a Kid and it turn quickly! 

Hogberry Snortcake

Somebody put this out of its misery.

yraciv

Wow this wasn't supposed to turn into this I was just pointing out the obvious. Yes Greenwood is a great school, yes they have a good football program, and that is undebatable.  They also have a predominately white, basically all white school district.  It is what it is!   I don't think he'd have any problem with his fellow students, but it is naiive to think that thought process does not exist to a small minority in the communtiy.  Neither myself or LL made any hint that this was based on a school bias.  We were just calling it like we see it, which is pretty black & white, no pun attended.  Kimmons to Greenwood moves just don't happen, and with the Northside program on the rise you throwing that move out there was about as far fetched as it gets.  And yes Union has had black athletes come through.  We're picking straws here because both are predominately white schools, but UC has had a higher percentage through the years.

Grizzlyfan

If you want your kid to play sports in Greenwood then more power to you.  But don't give us that stuff about the "educational advantages" that Greenwood has over either Northside or Southside.  That's just ridiculous.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on November 12, 2014, 10:33:18 am
If you want your kid to play sports in Greenwood then more power to you.  But don't give us that stuff about the "educational advantages" that Greenwood has over either Northside or Southside.  That's just ridiculous.

Did you get the PM I sent you?  I thought maybe you'd have some info...

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 12, 2014, 10:34:47 am
Did you get the PM I sent you?  I thought maybe you'd have some info...
Replied. 

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on November 11, 2014, 01:51:06 pm
Can't tell in jr high?  Sure u can. You go tell Earle's 9th grade qb who has started every game this year for the Sr high team he isn't gonna make it.  4.0 GPA and 6'4 235.  The next Can Newton/Dak Prescott in our own back yard?

Man hope Gerry Bohannon proves me right since I said the next Cam and Dak 2.5 years ago. Got big shoes to fill lol.

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: hawgdavis on November 10, 2014, 07:05:26 pm
A real danger with kids who are so talented at this age is their talent works against them. I saw this several time while coaching jr. high basketball.

Kid is a whiz-bang talent and as an 8th grader is already ahead, just by natural ability, of 10th graders. When you are used to getting by on talent alone, it can be difficult to convince yourself to learn how to outwork others; it's just not a part of your make-up. Once those who need to work hard to achieve a certain level of proficiency, the hard work become second nature and they pass the ones who have simply relied on God-given ability.

It was sad to watch some of those kids insist that they would always be better in the future because they were better in the present.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

fullfan

2019 HS grads still have some time ahead before anyone knows for sure.  That said Northside has at least 2 in that class with D1 potential.  Deuce will play next level though I would put him in the "athlete" category.  RB, slot on offense and DB on defense. 

Northside also has a big kid that is athletic enough to play on either OL or DL.   Soph 6-4 285 that plays B-ball as well.

FS Southside 2019 class potentially Gatewood(guessing S at next level) and Davenport LB.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: fullfan on January 28, 2017, 10:04:41 am
2019 HS grads still have some time ahead before anyone knows for sure.  That said Northside has at least 2 in that class with D1 potential.  Deuce will play next level though I would put him in the "athlete" category.  RB, slot on offense and DB on defense. 

Northside also has a big kid that is athletic enough to play on either OL or DL.   Soph 6-4 285 that plays B-ball as well.

FS Southside 2019 class potentially Gatewood(guessing S at next level) and Davenport LB.

Stevie just started playing OT about week before the season started.  Kid doesn't realize he's a monster yet. 
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Piggfoot

How big is his Momma and Daddy. Grandaddy and Grandmomma?
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

AirWarren

A black at greenwood. Hahaha. Laughable.

AlmaHog2011

I'm white and most of my friends are from Northside. We are building a good program no need to move to Greenwood. I don't know of anybody that has moved to play football from Northside!

Fort Dweller

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on January 29, 2017, 10:11:56 am
I'm white and most of my friends are from Northside. We are building a good program no need to move to Greenwood. I don't know of anybody that has moved to play football from Northside!

A WR "moved" to Fayetteville last year.