Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Storey among state's all time leaders

Started by The Recruiting Guy, November 10, 2014, 10:00:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

The real Hogules

Ty's the real deal, regardless of classification.
I'm glad he chose to be a Razorback early!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

WriterWrong

Still my pick to beat out Austin Allen and Rafe for the starting QB job no later than 2016. This kid is good! The other two are good as well, which is a great situation for the Hogs.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: WriterWrong on November 10, 2014, 11:42:25 am
Still my pick to beat out Austin Allen and Rafe for the starting QB job no later than 2016. This kid is good! The other two are good as well, which is a great situation for the Hogs.

He needs to RS, get time to get situated on campus, learn the system, and put on some muscle under Herb, etc.

I too can't wait to see what Ty can do but I am also curious about Rafe and Austin. As long as we have them on the roster there is no need to force Ty to play too early, unless things really go south.

WriterWrong

Agreed. I don't think they'll put him in "too early". I just think he'll be the best guy for the job. Brandon will start next season so Ty can redshirt, but I think he starts after that.

No matter what, the Hogs are in good hands with whichever of Austin, Rafe or Ty wins the job.

ldfergu

Quote from: WriterWrong on November 10, 2014, 12:36:35 pm

No matter what, the Hogs are in good hands with whichever of Austin, Rafe or Ty wins the job.

I just hope Rafe, Ty and Austin push each other really hard in 2016 and make each of them better.  Not sure who will be 2nd fiddle next year but I'm hoping Rafe makes a big jump

WriterWrong

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on November 10, 2014, 01:00:37 pm
I just hope Rafe, Ty and Austin push each other really hard in 2016 and make each of them better.  Not sure who will be 2nd fiddle next year but I'm hoping Rafe makes a big jump

Yeah. I think all three are talented enough that they will battle and push each other. Whoever comes out as the starter from that group will have earned it.

hawgfan4life

I see no way he starts next season.  The next year, best between him and Peevey wins job.

WriterWrong

Quote from: hawgfan4life on November 10, 2014, 03:51:16 pm
I see no way he starts next season.  The next year, best between him and Peevey wins job.

I'd say it's a good bet that BA starts next season as a senior. But, Rafe is going to push him. I think Storey will redshirt a year then it's an all out battle for the starting job in 2016 and Ty wins it.

If Rafe could win the starting job next season (and it's possible), it would be hard for Ty to come in and steal that spot in 2016.

I don't think Austin will ever be the guy, and if Rafe is gonna be the guy during his time here, it might start next season. If he's good enough to beat out Storey long-term, he might just be good enough to beat out BA next season.

Hawg_Thai'd

I have never seen either play, but I am curious to hear from some of you about the difference between Rhett Lashlee and Ty Storey. I remember reading about Lashlee as I read about Storey, but although he was probably one of the best Ark HS QB's in recent history, he never did much in college. What makes Ty Storey better than Lashlee?

As a disclaimer: I know that Lashlee played under Gus. This has nothing to do with Gus, so please don't think I am trolling or turn this into a MMQB thread. It is an honest question.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.