Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gragg schedules visits

Started by Music City Hog, November 06, 2014, 11:17:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Music City Hog

@jeremycrabtree: Arkansas TE commit Will Gragg informed me he'll be @ Ole Miss for Egg Bowl and @ Texas on Dec.12 for official visits  http://t.co/gpCxJJNf8x

Music City Hog

@jeremycrabtree: He's taking other visits, so assuming there's some concern with Hog coaches, but still have to feel good about keeping him. @dallboys9

I'm not too concerned

ricepig

Quote from: Music City Hog on November 06, 2014, 11:18:13 am
@jeremycrabtree: He's taking other visits, so assuming there's some concern with Hog coaches, but still have to feel good about keeping him. @dallboys9

I'm not too concerned

I'm not concerned at all.

Chief Mac

the losses piling up might be a concern for Gragg but the production of the TEs should be encouraging
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

ricepig

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on November 06, 2014, 11:22:08 am
the losses piling up might be a concern for Gragg but the production of the TEs should be encouraging

Shoot, my son said he might go down to the Egg Bowl, I asked why? He said for the party......

PorkRinds

Heck if I could get a free trip to the Egg bowl, I'd be there in a heart beat.  I don't think Gragg would have committed if he wasn't sure.  He's smarter than that.

WBC Hog

COCHISE

The losses had been piling up long before Gragg committed. That shouldn't be an issue.

online-with-swine

Didn't he sign a financial aid agreement?

mhuff

I think I read about some athlete that signed five different financial aid agreements with various schools.    Doesn't mean locked.

online-with-swine

But does that lock the school into them?  I mean, if he decides to go somewhere else are we out of luck with that schollie? Or does it mean we can't simply pull the scholarship?

ArKan5a5 KiD

I thought Bielema made a comment they only accepted FAAs from kids they were certain would be Hogs??

SDZ_Hog

Quote from: online-with-swine on November 06, 2014, 11:58:29 am
Didn't he sign a financial aid agreement?
You can sign muliply financial aid agreements and I believe Gragg did.  Puts all the accountablity on the school end.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: thalilcrzydawg on November 06, 2014, 12:27:02 pm
I thought Bielema made a comment they only accepted FAAs from kids they were certain would be Hogs??

That's why he hasn't signed one yet, because he's taking other visits.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: SDZ_Hog on November 06, 2014, 12:32:07 pm
You can sign muliply financial aid agreements and I believe Gragg did.  Puts all the accountablity on the school end.

He has not signed one yet

greenie

Quote from: online-with-swine on November 06, 2014, 12:15:18 pm
But does that lock the school into them?  I mean, if he decides to go somewhere else are we out of luck with that schollie? Or does it mean we can't simply pull the scholarship?

As far as I know, the FAA's are not binding at all.  Kids often sign several of them with different schools that they are considering.

The binding of a scholarship to a person is done in February, on National Signing Day (or sometime thereafter). 

Gragg is set to enroll in January, I believe.  I'm not quite sure how that works since he can't officially sign until Feb 5.  I'm sure one of the many recruiting gurus on here can fix what I've said and fill in the details.

ricepig

BatesvilleHOG

WarPig88

Quote from: greenie on November 06, 2014, 12:35:01 pm
As far as I know, the FAA's are not binding at all.  Kids often sign several of them with different schools that they are considering.

The binding of a scholarship to a person is done in February, on National Signing Day (or sometime thereafter). 

Gragg is set to enroll in January, I believe.  I'm not quite sure how that works since he can't officially sign until Feb 5.  I'm sure one of the many recruiting gurus on here can fix what I've said and fill in the details.

They are meaningless in terms of a commitment being made by either party.

I believe that when they do this it allows coaches more access to the player than would normally be allowed by NCAA recruiting restrictions.

HoggusMaximus

I'm always going to get nervous when our recruits go on other visits.

Music City Hog

Chief Mac

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 06, 2014, 11:29:50 am
Heck if I could get a free trip to the Egg bowl, I'd be there in a heart beat.  I don't think Gragg would have committed if he wasn't sure.  He's smarter than that.

this....regardless if were commited or not, if you were a highly recruited player, how can you not accept a free trip to watch the Egg Bowl, Iron Bowl, etc?  If you love football, going to big rivalry games is a great thing....especially if its free!
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Tim Harris

Quote from: WarPig88 on November 06, 2014, 12:41:13 pm

I believe that when they do this it allows coaches more access to the player than would normally be allowed by NCAA recruiting restrictions.

If a player signs a FAA with a school it binds the school to him meaning we have to save him a spot but at the same time he can choose to go elsewhere.  That is why the school has to be more cautious about it than the player.

Tim Harris

Quote from: online-with-swine on November 06, 2014, 12:15:18 pm

If someone signs a FAA and then goes elsewhere we could use the spot for another player.  Won't happen though because we wouldn't let someone sign one who might go elsewhere.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: WarPig88 on November 06, 2014, 12:41:13 pm

If I'm not terribly mistaken while a signed aid agreement binds the school to its commitment it does NOT so bind the recruit.

WBC Hog

I remember Bielema saying at the end of NSD last year that we had one guy (Solomon Thomas) sign a FAA and went elsewhere, therefore, it resulted in a minor NCAA violation.

Hoggish1

Quote from: WBC Hog on November 06, 2014, 02:08:08 pm
I remember Bielema saying at the end of NSD last year that we had one guy (Solomon Thomas) sign a FAA and went elsewhere, therefore, it resulted in a minor NCAA violation.

Was the violation on Stanford?

greenie

The way I understand it, before January of this year, a student could sign as many FAA's as he wanted.  This tied the school to him, but not him to the school.  After signing an FAA, the NCAA's rules regulating contact are suspended, exempting them from dead or quiet periods, so that they can keep recruiting.

However, this loophole was closed in January.  Now, only the FIRST school to get a signed FAA are exempt from the NCAA contact rules.  Schools that get FAA's signed later don't get the same waiver.

See this article for reference:
http://www.ourdailybears.com/baylor-football-recruiting-2014/2014/1/10/5296506/ncaa-interpretation-changes-recruiting-rules-following-commitment

SemperFi

The losing streak ends next Saturday. LSU is going down.

If I had an opportunity to go to this year's Egg Bowl I'd jump on it.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

hogfan2000

So, I'm watching Gragg in Hamburg.  Looks like BL JR here tonight.  32-0 hamburg.  All I can say is Dumas is terrible, and I hope that is the reason Gragg is invisible.  I'm just being honest, you'd never know he was a SEC player by watching him play.  He looks the part, but it doesn't appear he is a men among boys by watching him play like I thought he would be based on the hype.  He kind of looks like he has checked out which I can understand, but if Barry JR is here, you'd think he'd at least get after it. 

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: WBC Hog on November 06, 2014, 02:08:08 pm

We got in trouble for Chris Murphy leaving. Solomon Thomas never signed a FAA nor was he eligible for it. Mid term guys only

collegestationhog

Gragg and Hill have both been a little quite lately. Their reaction when we break the streak next week will say a lot to where they stand IMO. I imagine its frustrating for them to watch our offense at times and be real enthusiastic.

hogs24

Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 01:34:19 pm

I am THIS close to raping you right now. 

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on November 06, 2014, 08:48:03 pm
We got in trouble for Chris Murphy leaving. Solomon Thomas never signed a FAA nor was he eligible for it. Mid term guys only

How did we get in trouble for Murphy deciding to leave the program

rpmflash

Quote from: collegestationhog on November 06, 2014, 08:49:41 pm
Gragg and Hill have both been a little quite lately. Their reaction when we break the streak next week will say a lot to where they stand IMO. I imagine its frustrating for them to watch our offense at times and be real enthusiastic.

Hill is making some noise tonight.

END OF THIRD QUARTER: North Little Rock 31, Central 22. K.J. Hill 7 catches, 221 yards, 2 TD (plus a KO TD) so far. #arpreps #arkansas

He had a 4 yd td run in the 4th qtr

WBC Hog

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on November 06, 2014, 09:40:31 pm

I'd love to know the same thing.

collegestationhog

Quote from: rpmflash on November 06, 2014, 09:43:26 pm
Hill is making some noise tonight.

END OF THIRD QUARTER: North Little Rock 31, Central 22. K.J. Hill 7 catches, 221 yards, 2 TD (plus a KO TD) so far. #arpreps #arkansas

He had a 4 yd td run in the 4th qtr
Yes he did. Big night. I stand corrected on Hill. 

1highhog

Quote from: collegestationhog on November 06, 2014, 11:59:33 pm
Yes he did. Big night. I stand corrected on Hill. 

What was the end result on this game?  I had NLR beating Central by at least 5 TD's.  The last few weeks NLR has run away with their opponents, I expected the same with Central, glad to see Hill having a great game, what did he finish with?

RazorPiggie

Didn't get in trouble but it hurt us in losing that scholarship.

ricepig

Quote from: RazorPiggie on November 07, 2014, 07:22:59 am
Didn't get in trouble but it hurt us in losing that scholarship.

Well, we didn't lose a scholarship, we lost the player who originally had that scholarship, we still put 85 on scholarship.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Because he signed an FAA.

IBleedRazorbackRed

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on November 07, 2014, 07:40:07 am
And??

And is not with the U of A.

Just like if he signed an FAA and then signed a National Letter of Intent some where else.

CBB discussed it in his weekly presser the next week after Gragg announced he would sign 5 FAA's.

I'm sure you can find the presser on Wholehogsports

ricepig

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on November 07, 2014, 07:34:16 am
Because he signed an FAA.

He enrolled and attended for a semester, I don't see the problem.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on November 07, 2014, 07:43:06 am
And is not with the U of A.

Just like if he signed an FAA and then signed a National Letter of Intent some where else.

CBB discussed it in his weekly presser the next week after Gragg announced he would sign 5 FAA's.

I'm sure you can find the presser on Wholehogsports

He enrolled here, that's not a problem. The problem is because once a kid signs an FAA, that school can comment about him by name. If he then signs somewhere else on signing day, the coach can get in trouble only if he mentioned him by name. That's why bielema won't sign kids that are still taking visits. He wants to comment on them once they sign an doesn't want to face the violation if the kid goes elsewhere. Murphy situation wasn't an issue.

HOGINTENNESSEE

November 07, 2014, 09:16:20 am #45 Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 06:00:35 pm by HOGINTENNESSEE
Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on November 07, 2014, 09:03:36 am
He enrolled here, that's not a problem. The problem is because once a kid signs an FAA, that school can comment about him by name. If he then signs somewhere else on signing day, the coach can get in trouble only if he mentioned him by name. That's why bielema won't sign kids that are still taking visits. He wants to comment on them once they sign an doesn't want to face the violation if the kid goes elsewhere. Murphy situation wasn't an issue.

I never said it made sense. We taking about he NCAA

I'm at work now and will find CBB presser when he mentioned it as it appears ppl here are to lazy to look for it. Appears to be August 10th.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z0Okk2WDzPw

found the Correct Video.

onebadrubi

Quote from: ricepig on November 07, 2014, 07:32:22 am
Well, we didn't lose a scholarship, we lost the player who originally had that scholarship, we still put 85 on scholarship.

I'm guessing here but maybe he is saying it hurt us because we could have signed someone else. 

ricepig

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 07, 2014, 09:52:08 am
I'm guessing here but maybe he is saying it hurt us because we could have signed someone else. 

No doubt, as did Pruitt's loss.

jry04

Why wouldnt you take a free trip to other schools?