Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ranking the 2017 SEC rosters

Started by hogcard1964, February 09, 2017, 11:24:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogcard1964

Not a lot of surprises here.  It seems as though the top 3-5 rarely change.

1. Bama
2. LSU
3. UGA
4. Auburn
5. ATM
6. Florida
7. Tenn
8. Ole Miss
9. USC
10. Ark
11. Miss State
12. Kentucky
13. Mizzou
14. Vandy

http://athlonsports.com/college-football/ranking-secs-football-rosters-2017

Mo_Better_Hogs

I was wondering--how do you RANK a ROSTER? Then I read the article. I get it, but who cares? Honestly, I wouldn't mind sitting in the 7 or 8 slot.

sowmonella

Useless info. All based on recruiting rankings. Ole Miss should have gone to a New Years Day bowl. :puke:
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

go hogues

Vandy would've whooped us late last season.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hogcard1964 on February 09, 2017, 11:24:58 am
Not a lot of surprises here.  It seems as though the top 3-5 rarely change.

1. Bama
2. LSU
3. UGA
4. Auburn
5. ATM
6. Florida
7. Tenn
8. Ole Miss
9. USC
10. Ark
11. Miss State
12. Kentucky
13. Mizzou
14. Vandy

http://athlonsports.com/college-football/ranking-secs-football-rosters-2017

And all that LSU, Auburn, A&M and Ole Miss have done is completely and utterly underachieve over the past 3 years despite being ranked more highly than us in polls like this one.
Go Hogs Go!

hogcard1964

Yes, and three of those programs are in far better shape than us.  And Ole Miss probably will be also.  They won't get hit with any sanctions.

lefty08

Quote from: hogcard1964 on February 12, 2017, 08:47:38 am
Yes, and three of those programs are in far better shape than us.  And Ole Miss probably will be also.  They won't get hit with any sanctions.

LOL, you're such a clown
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

hogcard1964

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hogcard1964 on February 12, 2017, 08:53:17 am
Yea, facts be darned.   ;D

Yea, those aren't facts. Recruiting rankings are opinion based player rankings. And as I pointed out, higher recruiting rankings (even in the SEC) don't necessarily equate to greater success on the field. Now that, is a fact.
Go Hogs Go!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hogcard1964 on February 12, 2017, 08:47:38 am

Thank you for that report Mr. Mark Emmert.............
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi