Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Network Ranks SEC's Top 5 QBs For 2017

Started by Youngsta71701, February 06, 2017, 01:51:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngsta71701

http://arkansas.247sports.com/Gallery/SEC-Network-ranks-SECs-Top-5-QBs-for-2017-51098166?utm_source=247Sports%20Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=170204_203527_Arkansas%20Razorbacks&utm_content=Image

This would be my order:
1. Jalen Hurts
2. Nick Fitzgerald
3. Austin Allen
4. Jacob Eason
5. Jake Bentley
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

younghog

No way Nick Fitzgerald is ahead of Austin and Jalen is only there because of NC showing..

GO HOGS
GO HOGS

onebadrubi

Quote from: younghog on February 06, 2017, 02:27:00 pm
No way Nick Fitzgerald is ahead of Austin and Jalen is only there because of NC showing..

GO HOGS

Fitzgerald came on late in the season and that is why you are seeing inflated thoughts and opinions.  It will be up to him next year to prove those right or wrong. Austin whether right or wrong, is mixed into the two collapses and that's holding him back.

Hurts is not the passer either the other two are, but he's playing behind NFL o lineman, a top TE, above good receivers all to help. We saw how good he was with an elite RB as well. Hurts however is a gamer, can't take that away from him. Don't let the order of those 5 mess with you. We will have a QB on that board the next 5 years or longer.

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Calling All Hogs

Considering Austin's inconsistency later in the year, I think third place is good. 

CrookedSquealliry

Which half of the game are they basing this on?

Being a top QB in the SEC hasn't been a really big deal in years.  It is better to be thought of in the top 5 rather than being say, the bottom 5.

At 3rd, I believe Allen is overrated.  And I also believe some of his troubles are not in his hands.  I think Allen will win in the end.  Having those defenders sitting in the pocket, having a smoke and a beer, waiting for Allen to arrive might end up making those defenders end up cancerous alcoholics.

mizzouman

Hurts has to be 1 and I think Eason is 2.  Eason is a complete stud QB.  But, don't sleep on Drew Lock.  All WR's will be back with a couple of extra's thrown in.  Plus, this past year was the first year in that offense.  Another year of experience and they can score on anyone.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: younghog on February 06, 2017, 02:27:00 pm

GO HOGS
I think the main reason they are the top two is because they are dual threat QB's that put up numbers running and passing and both can also beat you with their legs.

I know most of us are bias though and rightfully so. :razorback:
"The more things change the more they stay the same"