Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Flowers play of game...

Started by BielemaBrilliance, February 05, 2017, 09:29:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

goodguytex

Really awesome to see a fantastic player, as loyal as he was to our program, get the biggest reward he can get for all his hard work by winning the super bowl. Don't get no better. I'm very proud. Even though I was hoping Atlanta would win.

hogginbama

"Need a big-time play from a big-time playa"........can still hear that chant coming from Flowers' dad in the stands of high school football games at Butler HS in Huntsville, AL. My oldest son played on the same Butler High team with 2 of Flowers' brothers. Every Friday night the Flowers family was in attendance to cheer them boys on.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: XavierZane on February 05, 2017, 10:39:16 pm
michael lombardi ‏@mlombardiNFL
Trey Flowers is the unsung hero of this game.   What a game.

The game turned on this play.....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

wildturkey8

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 06, 2017, 10:38:38 am
Only if he makes the pro HOF and I hope he does. We have a defensive lineman in it already though.
Dan Hampton says helo.

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ChitownHawg

Quote from: East TN HAWG on February 06, 2017, 09:18:46 am
Flowers may go down as the greatest DL to ever come from AR when its all said and done.

I love him, but he has a long way to go before he beats out Dan Hampton for that honor.

Just to jog the memory

PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

DLUXHOG

Quote from: ChitownHawg on February 06, 2017, 01:35:01 pm
I love him, but he has a long way to go before he beats out Dan Hampton for that honor.

Just to jog the memory

He was a continuous highlight reel when he played for the Razorbacks too....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

PonderinHog

Just to jog the memory

Hey, he killed Kenny!   >:(

theFlyingHog

East TN HAWG

Just to jog the memory

I was not trying to disrespect Big Dan in any way.   This is what Flowers second year, and after last night he is now close to superstar level.  If he has 5-6 good years, he has a chance.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: East TN HAWG on February 06, 2017, 02:56:23 pm
I was not trying to disrespect Big Dan in any way.   This is what Flowers second year, and after last night he is now close to superstar level.  If he has 5-6 good years, he has a chance.

He does have a chance to be considered but it isn't accurate to compare players that played during different times, coaches, teams, etc. One great game or year does not make a super star or guarantee anything either. Also only five or six years is not enough for consideration. HOF voters like a little longer playing career than that. All that being said it is nice to have him in any early conversation for such an honor as any "best".
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ChitownHawg

Quote from: East TN HAWG on February 06, 2017, 02:56:23 pm

I didn't take your comments as disrespect to Hampton. Both are Hogs and worthy of praise.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"