Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sean Tuohy, Jr From The Blind Side Part of SMU Program

Started by SooieGeneris, December 11, 2017, 11:26:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SooieGeneris

I just checked out SMU's staff directory for the football program and came across the name SJ Tuohy.

I knew I had heard that name somewhere and then it hit me, that was the name of the boy in Michael Oher's adopted family in The Blind Side, real names were used in the book and movie..

I googled the name and sure enough, they are one and the same. Turns out Chad Morris and the Tuohy's are friends.

I discovered this article from the Memphis CA:

http://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/college/memphis-tigers/football/2016/11/03/sean-tuohy-jr-finds-new-football-home-smu/93231714/
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

Ragnar Hogbrok

If Sandra Bullock comes as part of the deal, I'm good with it.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Wild Bill Hog

Birminghog

RazorbackToTheFuture

I was hoping that the OP would end with "and then I found $5".

PorkBilly

Quote from: SooieGeneris on December 11, 2017, 11:26:10 pm
I just checked out SMU's staff directory for the football program and came across the name SJ Tuohy.

I knew I had heard that name somewhere and then it hit me, that was the name of the boy in Michael Oher's adopted family in The Blind Side, real names were used in the book and movie..

I googled the name and sure enough, they are one and the same. Turns out Chad Morris and the Tuohy's are friends.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/college/memphis-tigers/football/2016/11/03/sean-tuohy-jr-finds-new-football-home-smu/93231714/
Yes, I have heard he may be coming to the Hill as well. The Tuohys were lead recruiters for Hugh Freeze, and were also promoting CM for the ole miss job. I suspect CM felt he would be much better off somewhere else than that hot mess. I don't know that he even interviewed, but needless to say ole miss gave up fairly quickly to promote Luke and get his behind on the road for recruiting.

Donny2665

Dang, that movie misled us, I would have thought SJ would end up at Ole Miss 8)
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

WarEagleSharkFalconHawg

December 12, 2017, 07:55:02 am #7 Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 09:01:30 am by WarEagleSharkFalconHawg
Wow, same here. Hugh Freeze baptized him at our church several years back.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: The Chief on December 11, 2017, 11:28:23 pm
If Sandra Bullock comes as part of the deal, I'm good with it.

Check her out in the movie Gravity ;)
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

LRrazorback

Quote from: WarEagleSharkFalconHawg on December 12, 2017, 07:55:02 am
Wow, same here. High Freeze baptized him at our church several years back.

So has he truly been buried in death and raised to walk in newness, if Hugh performed the baptism?  He may want a redo from someone not as slimy. I kid.

sowmonella

Wow, same here. High Freeze baptized him at our church several years back.

Is High Hugh's brother?  ;)
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Bigmac2

I figured SJ would take over his Dads Taco Bell empire. Not sure if they still have them in the Memphis area.

masbas3

WarEagleSharkFalconHawg

Quote from: sowmonella on December 12, 2017, 08:48:13 am
Is High Hugh's brother?  ;)
Whoops. I don't think any drugs were involved with the call girl situation but who knows.

Razorbackers

Have him tell his mom to unblock me on twitter

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Donny2665 on December 12, 2017, 06:47:06 am
Dang, that movie misled us, I would have thought SJ would end up at Ole Miss 8)

Supposedly that was one of the negatives for Chad Morris at Ole Miss--one set of rich guys thought this might give another set of rich guys that included the Tuohys an advantage.  Just part of the ongoing rich guy soap operas in college sports.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Hog on Beale

Quote from: Bigmac2 on December 12, 2017, 08:51:11 am
I figured SJ would take over his Dads Taco Bell empire. Not sure if they still have them in the Memphis area.

They do still have them in Memphis and also several sprinkled out throughout the mid-south.  Taco Bells, KFCs, Long John Silvers, etc.  I've dealt with Sean Tuohy a bit in the industry I work in, and it's never been a pleasant experience.  He has a pretty cut-throat reputation when it comes to running his business, but, to be fair, a lot of successful businessmen are the same way. 

He's a huge Ole Miss homer, so I'd be surprised if he helped our program out in any way.  He's also a part-time TV broadcaster for the Memphis Grizzlies.

PorkBilly

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on December 12, 2017, 10:27:49 am
Supposedly that was one of the negatives for Chad Morris at Ole Miss--one set of rich guys thought this might give another set of rich guys that included the Tuohys an advantage.  Just part of the ongoing rich guy soap operas in college sports.
And I'm the monkey's uncle....it was all about the NCAA. Just ask Shea.

hoglady

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on December 12, 2017, 08:20:17 am
Check her out in the movie Gravity ;)

I really like Sandra Bullock - but that movie was absolutely horrible.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: PorkBilly on December 12, 2017, 11:05:10 am
And I'm the monkey's uncle....it was all about the NCAA. Just ask Shea.

Shea can't risk being in a QB competition with Ta'amu.  You can't roll the dice on going from the #1 QB recruit in the nation to anyone's #2 on the depth chart, let alone Ole Miss'.  For Patterson, the NCAA thing is a like a golden ticket on that score.  I understand why he's leaving, although I wish he wouldn't.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: hoglady on December 12, 2017, 12:05:42 pm
I really like Sandra Bullock - but that movie was absolutely horrible.

It did have some glaring plot holes and bad science I will agree.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Tusks

Wow, same here. Hugh Freeze baptized him at our church several years back.

After finding out about how HF operates does that baptism still count?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

HognotinMemphis

They are not exactly friends. Their son went to SMU for graduate degree and during his 1 year there, he was the holder for PAT's and FG's. He never played football before. Not sure how that came to be. But if he got anything from his Dad, he has good hand-eye coordination and he did a good job holding for kicks.

I think Sean still has the SEC assist record from his playing days at Ole Miss. If not, he is still up there on the all-time SEC assist list. So do the Tuohy's know Morris? Sure they do. But are they friends? I don't know how they would be since they live in Memphis and he lives in Dallas and their son played only 1 year on the football team.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Pudgepork

Quote from: The Chief on December 11, 2017, 11:28:23 pm
If Sandra Buttocks comes as part of the deal, I'm good with it.

Yeah, I could get behind her being a Hog fan

JOKERHOG

BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

Paul

Quote from: Hog on Beale on December 12, 2017, 10:36:33 am
They do still have them in Memphis and also several sprinkled out throughout the mid-south.  Taco Bells, KFCs, Long John Silvers, etc.  I've dealt with Sean Tuohy a bit in the industry I work in, and it's never been a pleasant experience.  He has a pretty cut-throat reputation when it comes to running his business, but, to be fair, a lot of successful businessmen are the same way. 

He's a huge Ole Miss homer, so I'd be surprised if he helped our program out in any way.  He's also a part-time TV broadcaster for the Memphis Grizzlies.
he's no longer a Grizz color guy thank goodness!  Sean's a turd & always comes off that way

WorfHog

Quote from: LRrazorback on December 12, 2017, 08:43:51 am
So has he truly been buried in death and raised to walk in newness, if Hugh performed the baptism?  He may want a redo from someone not as slimy. I kid.

He performed a baptism then called some hookers. What a hypocrite! I can't stand these "Christians" who misuse their religion as a badge of honor and as signal that they are honest and good men.

Stu

Hmmm.  You may be right on the hypocrisy comment, I don't know. Admittedly I don't know the whole story w Freeze and why he got fired.  I also don't know anyone's motivation for claiming to be a Christian, but for me...the reason I go to worship w the church is because that is where the "hospital" is for those needing forgiveness.  I don't go there because I am perfect, far from it.   

RideTillIDieHawg