Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did Gafford hit a

Started by labb, December 10, 2017, 09:06:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

labb

12' jumper last night or did I just dream that?

Fan701

Quote from: labb on December 10, 2017, 09:06:45 am
I was wondering the same thing.  The announcers said Gafford made the jump shot, but it appeared to me to be Thomas.

Pinto

Yes, it was closer to 15'. Don't know why everyone is so surprised. He also hit a clutch 19' jumper to seal game vs Fresno.

Junkyard Hog

Yep. Right at the free throw line.

BannerMountainMan

Do y'all not remember his huge fadeaway 18 ft  jumper against Oklahoma late in the game
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

HawgnCorona

He did. You were not dreaming. He has hit one in the last 3 games? The one I like the best is short  athletic jumper off the glass were he pull the shot back  before he banked it off the glass....Classic Connie Hawkins or George Gervin if any of you "old heads" remember him.  Yes, I'm saying he has that potential. He is still finding out who he is as a player.

I will hate to see him go when ever he leaves...I love to watch him play.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

sigpooie

Man I hate this one and done crap. This kid would win an NC,  if he had to stay and develop.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 10, 2017, 09:28:01 am
Do y'all not remember his huge fadeaway 18 ft  jumper against Oklahoma late in the game

Exactly what i was thinking. It pretty much won the game.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: sigpooie on December 10, 2017, 10:36:47 am
Man I hate this one and done crap. This kid would win an NC,  if he had to stay and develop.

Hope we get one more year out of him but I wouldn't be shocked to see him leave. Can't blame the kid either, he will make money playing in the NBA.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Hollywood_HOGan45

Im just going to enjoy him and this team while we have them. Its too much fun.

Iwastherein1969

Gafford gives us something I don't recall any Razorback team ever gives us, a guy who will break somebody's hands at the rim while they try to block his shot...Mike needs to tell him, take one step and go absolutely as hard as you can at the rim to flush it....the opposition will see that and know they don't want the back of their hands on the rim when Gafford comes crashing down on top of the cylinder from on high
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on December 10, 2017, 11:44:01 am
Gafford gives us something I don't recall any Razorback team ever gives us, a guy who will break somebody's hands at the rim while they try to block his shot...Mike needs to tell him, take one step and go absolutely as hard as you can at the rim to flush it....the opposition will see that and know they don't want the back of their hands on the rim when Gafford comes crashing down on top of the cylinder from on high

I knew he would be great on defense. I didn't expect him to be this polished and aggressive on offense.

Should be a one and done but Im going to soak up everything while we have this team as it is.

Hoggish1

IT was a dream of a stroke.  I saw it!

MNHogFan

Gafford doesn't move like someone of his height, moves more like a 6' 5" guy or less, very agile.

WorfHog

I love watching him play. I'm just in awe of the pure athletic talent on display. He hasn't even reached his full potential yet.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: WorfHog on December 10, 2017, 07:56:40 pm
I love watching him play. I'm just in awe of the pure athletic talent on display. He hasn't even reached his full potential yet.
Arkansas has not done it's due diligence when recruiting the state of Arkansas south of Little Rock. There is some untapped talent south of Fordyce, all you have to do coach, is go take a look.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on December 10, 2017, 11:50:31 am
I knew he would be great on defense. I didn't expect him to be this polished and aggressive on offense.

Should be a one and done but Im going to soak up everything while we have this team as it is.
Yeah I had never watched him play, just read about him and saw some video. I thought defensive stopper and some garbage points around the rim, but his footwork is very nice, and seems more intelligent than a Freshman with positioning on offense. Another 15-20 pounds of good weight and a couple years the guy is going to be an inside-outside beast with his agility and athleticism

Paul

Quote from: WorfHog on December 10, 2017, 07:56:40 pm
prolly won't until he's in the NBA for 3 yrs.