Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This guy has got to go now! Throwing more players under the bus...

Started by hawgon, October 09, 2017, 12:42:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DoubleReedHawgCaller

If the kids haven't quit they more than likely will after this.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

sickboy

I'm not defending Bielema. But twitter headlines and one line clips here and there can be taken massively out of context.

factchecker

So why didn't anyone ask him why we are in this position in year 5?

It wouldn't be hard to say "Coach, you recruited these players, why are there limitations to what they can do?"
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

gchamblee

Quote from: sickboy on October 09, 2017, 01:15:44 pm
I'm not defending Bielema. But twitter headlines and one line clips here and there can be taken massively out of context.

This is true, but in what context is his comment acceptable other than in a private conversation?

gchamblee

Quote from: factchecker on October 09, 2017, 01:15:53 pm

It wouldn't be hard to say "Coach, you recruited these players, why are there limitations to what they can do?"

It is a fair question that I would like to see him answer.

Redhogs

Quote from: oldhog63 on October 09, 2017, 01:10:48 pm
I disagree with both statements. There is plenty of talent on the team. And, you start with natural talent and  develop it, not the other way around.
At this point I don't know what the talent level is,  but a decent coach would have them playing at a much higher level. The mental state of this team is just embarrassing.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

HF#1

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 09, 2017, 12:50:09 pm
Add this comment today from Bielema:

"There's some guys we recruited years ago that haven't developed. It's frustrating."

Was this in the same presser? If so, I find it funny no media guys quoted this.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

ricepig

hogsanity

There are recruits at every school that do not pan out for whatever reason. The problem is, when you already have trouble getting recruits, when your classes consistently rank in the bottom half of the SEC ( even though they are top 25 nationally ) you just can not afford to have many misses, especially on the Ol when that is supposed to be your bread and butter.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Wildhog

I would be very interesting in seeing the context.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Ex-Trumpet

All of CBB's comments could easily be towards the o-line coach.  And, in my opinion, that's exactly where the blame lies.  CBB should have just been more clear and said it!

If he truly meant the players, then he shouldn't see Wednesday.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

oldhog63

Quote from: Redhogs on October 09, 2017, 01:17:20 pm
At this point I don't know what the talent level is,  but a decent coach would have them playing at a much higher level. The mental state of this team is just embarrassing.
Exactly! We might not be national contenders, but we should be consistently top 25, tough outs in any game, and capable of beating anyone on a given day.

onebadrubi

There is more talent on this team than when Petrino or Bielema took over.  We are int he best shape talent and numbers at position wise than under any coach since being in the SEC that I can remember.

Redhogs

Yes you are..and it's indefensible. Every reply took it the same way...is everybody wrong but Bert???

onebadrubi

Quote from: factchecker on October 09, 2017, 01:15:53 pm

I've been questioning our media for years.  They don't askt hese types of questions, EVER!!!!

parallaxpig

Its all about scheme you run. I'm sure there is an offensive scheme that could better utilize are current OL talent. Even Sabin adapted......
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

factchecker

Quote from: gchamblee on October 09, 2017, 01:17:03 pm
It is a fair question that I would like to see him answer.

It's not hard to ask questions like this.

You don't have to be pissy and call him Bert.

Just say straight forward:

"We are in year 5 coach.  Every single one of these offensive linemen are your recruits.  What is causing the problems?"

If he gave a fluff answer then quickly ask again.

"Do you think you mis-evaluated when you recruited?  Do you think it's our strength and conditioning?  Why are we not able to get any push or the line?"
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

seasonhog

Quote from: hawgon on October 09, 2017, 12:58:00 pm
He is going to end up being as bad as Nutt, just not as bat darn crazy.

OH MY!.......how the wind has changed on hv...................for years hv has defended BB & Long.......when all the sign were there from the beginning.

Redhogs

Quote from: hogsanity on October 09, 2017, 01:18:26 pm
There are recruits at every school that do not pan out for whatever reason. The problem is, when you already have trouble getting recruits, when your classes consistently rank in the bottom half of the SEC ( even though they are top 25 nationally ) you just can not afford to have many misses, especially on the Ol when that is supposed to be your bread and butter.
Reason #250 why he should be gone today.

Inhogswetrust

Coaches should know that and thus be very careful what they tweet.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Redhogs

Quote from: factchecker on October 09, 2017, 01:22:22 pm
It's not hard to ask questions like this.

You don't have to be pissy and call him Bert.

Just say straight forward:

"We are in year 5 coach.  Every single one of these offensive linemen are your recruits.  What is causing the problems?"

If he gave a fluff answer then quickly ask again.

"Do you think you mis-evaluated when you recruited?  Do you think it's our strength and conditioning?  Why are we not able to get any push or the line?"
Calling him Bert is being kind at this point.

factchecker

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 09, 2017, 01:20:33 pm
I've been questioning our media for years.  They don't askt hese types of questions, EVER!!!!

I just find it funny that the one media member who tries to write "tough" (Bolin), is the one who is the most careful when asking questions.

You'd think Bolin was a mean ol' cuss with the articles he writes but he refuses to ask good questions in the conferences.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hawgon

Quote from: seasonhog on October 09, 2017, 01:22:41 pm

OH MY!.......how the wind has changed on hv...................for years hv has defended BB & Long.......when all the sign were there from the beginning.

You haven't been around here long enough to know the posters have you?

jrulz83

It's over for him, just a question of the when and the how.
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

seasonhog

Quote from: hawgon on October 09, 2017, 01:27:14 pm
You haven't been around here long enough to know the posters have you?

For quite some time........I know you are one....that had it correct from the hire.

hoglady

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on October 09, 2017, 12:53:19 pm
Well,  is he throwing players under the bus,  or is he just telling the truth?  There does not seem to be a lot of talent and play makers on this team.

He recruited them.
There's a number of 4 stars sitting the bench. You don't normally miss on as many 4 stars as Bret has.
No one in a million years can convince me a freshman walk on (Clary) is better prepared for SEC play than the 2 - 4 stars sitting the bench who've been in the system.

It's all on Bret, all day, everyday on Bret.
Either he missed on his evaluations or he's done a piss poor job of development or he just has a freakin lousy Oline coach. (probably a combination of all 3). Again all on Bret.
I'll be so glad when I don't have to ever listen to another word this guy says.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Letsroll1200

I think the talent is not that bad. Arkansas should get rid of this guy and bring in a solid coach thst can get this guys to play with passion. I dont see the energy or effort on the field.

hoghearted

Quote from: hoglady on October 09, 2017, 01:32:22 pm
He recruited them.
There's a number of 4 stars sitting the bench. You don't normally miss on as many 4 stars as Bret has.
No one in a million years can convince me a freshman walk on (Clary) is better prepared for SEC play than the 2 - 4 stars sitting the bench who've been in the system.

It's all on Bret, all day, everyday on Bret.
Either he missed on his evaluations or he's done a piss poor job of development or he just has a freakin lousy Oline coach. (probably a combination of all 3). Again all on Bret.
I'll be so glad when I don't have to ever listen to another word this guy says.

Amen!
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

007 License To Squeal

A coach just can't make statements like those in year 5 without directly condemning himself.......wow.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

hogcard1964

Nobody should be surprised. He's desperate and has been backed into a corner. He knows he's on his way out and he has to prop himself up for a possible career change.

If his team completely lays down the rest of the season, and doesn't make a bowl, he'll have no one to blame but himself.

Hell, ex players are now talking about him.

hoglady

Quote from: hoghearted on October 09, 2017, 01:34:12 pm
Amen!

Is the anger coming through the keyboard??

I really usually don't get mad - but crap like this just does not sit well with me.
Should have known he'd be this way - I remember him complaining about the supposed lack of talent Petrino left him. (Bet he's wishing he had some of those guys back).
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Ironhawg

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 09, 2017, 01:23:28 pm
Coaches should know that and thus be very careful what they tweet.

I find it hard to believe that Bielema would not know what kind of excrement storm might come his way for throwing players under the bus like this.  Remember that his degree is in marketing.  He has shown the in the past that he will use social media to try to "steer" the conversation.  Maybe Bielema has decided the end is in sight?

hoghearted

I've never liked his 'shooting from the lip' trash talk. It seemed to me the sign of a small mind.

This smacks of HDN in his final time here. He knows his goose is cooked, with little prospect of finding a new gig right away. Hope he has tucked away for a rainy day.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: hoglady on October 09, 2017, 01:37:32 pm
Is the anger coming through the keyboard??

I really usually don't get mad - but crap like this just does not sit well with me.
Should have known he'd be this way - I remember him complaining about the supposed lack of talent Petrino left him. (Bet he's wishing he had some of those guys back).

Yep, there's several from that bare cupboard playing on Sunday's now.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

rzrbk4life

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 09, 2017, 01:35:09 pm
Nobody should be surprised. He's desperate and has been backed into a corner. He knows he's on his way out and he has to prop himself up for a possible career change.

If his team completely lays down the rest of the season, and doesn't make a bowl, he'll have no one to blame but himself.

Hell, ex players are now talking about him.

If he hasn't lost the team after the bama game he will after the auburn game. This team won't put up with his shtick all year
Let's call those hogs!!!!

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

"It's not like these guys are a million miles away. They really truly are a team that is not far away from being where they need to be."

Bielema you've said this for 5 years now. You are officially a snake oil salesman
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

BigK_HogHeaven

Quote from: hawgon on October 09, 2017, 12:42:48 pm
While making excuses for his ineptitude.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SportsTalkwBo/status/917438311479816192?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwoopig.net%2Fboard%2Findex.php%2Ftopic%2C88253.125.html

This is exactly why it's time for him to go. How can he sit there and blame the players that he recruited and that he is responsible for developing? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see who the real problem is. 

Wildhog

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on October 09, 2017, 01:44:01 pm
"It's not like these guys are a million miles away. They really truly are a team that is not far away from being where they need to be."

Bielema you've said this for 5 years now. You are officially a snake oil salesman

Hell, he's not even wrong.  This is a much different team with a competent OL.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

BigK_HogHeaven

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on October 09, 2017, 01:44:01 pm

Broken record, man.  I'm so sick of it

Jim Harris

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on October 09, 2017, 12:54:15 pm
You can only develop so much.  At some point,  natural talent has to take over.  If it isn't there,  it isn't there.

Is he admitting that the staff misevaluated some guys?
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ricepig

Quote from: Jim Harris on October 09, 2017, 01:49:02 pm
Is he admitting that the staff misevaluated some guys?

Why sure, is that really such a revelation? HV has stated for years he has, haha.

jacobp

It's funny how you can read or hear things and make them sound like you wanted them to.
I got no inclination he was "throwing players under the bus." If anything (and it's a stretch) I thought he vaguely called out the o line coach.

KlubhouseKonnected

"Fault always lies in the same place: with him weak enough to lay blame."
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

bkjbearcat

I thought before this season, BB would get another power 5 job somewhere in two years. Kansas State or maybe Iowa or Iowa St. Now, after the train wreck of a season not only do I think he won't get another P5 job, I think he won't get another D1 job again for some time. He may have to go the Bo Pelini route. Go FCS or D2 and in four-five years of running a program a C-USA or MAC team will give him another try.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

Redhogs

Quote from: jacobp on October 09, 2017, 01:53:28 pm
It's funny how you can read or hear things and make them sound like you wanted them to.
I got no inclination he was "throwing players under the bus." If anything (and it's a stretch) I thought he vaguely called out the o line coach.
Wrong...talk about calling the kettle black.

Redhogs

Quote from: bkjbearcat on October 09, 2017, 01:56:56 pm
I thought before this season, BB would get another power 5 job somewhere in two years. Kansas State or maybe Iowa or Iowa St. Now, after the train wreck of a season not only do I think he won't get another P5 job, I think he won't get another D1 job again for some time. He may have to go the Bo Pelini route. Go FCS or D2 and in four-five years of running a program a C-USA or MAC team will give him another try.
Who cares...good riddance.