Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

15,000 Plus in BWA

Started by WilsonHog, February 18, 2017, 07:41:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

And it was rocking. Reminded me of days gone by. 9-5 in the SEC and 20-7 overall. Just keep
working.

WPS!

Letsroll1200

WilsonHog

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 18, 2017, 07:43:50 pm
Just keep watching

Hmmm...been a Razorback fan since 1972. I always "watch."

BoarnSupremacy

That's awesome.  20 wins so far is pretty d555m good.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 18, 2017, 07:47:57 pm
Hmmm...been a Razorback fan since 1972. I always "watch."

Wilson do we have you thing for this increase in attendance? If so we need about 5,000 more for a sellout(attendance) crowd...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

BoarnSupremacy

72?  when was martin terry?  I forget.  I played against his brother Charles.

seasonhog

Quote from: BoarnSupremacy on February 18, 2017, 07:54:32 pm
72?  when was martin terry?  I forget.  I played against his brother Charles.

Martin Terry......Emporia, KS....saw him play in HS........

lynbug

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 18, 2017, 07:41:12 pm
And it was rocking. Reminded me of days gone by. 9-5 in the SEC and 20-7 overall. Just keep
working.

WPS!
Yeah, I felt I was transported back in time to the eary 90's. The crowd, the effort by the team, Mike actually animated on the sidelines.....commentators talking about us looking like a tournament team that can do some damage in the dance.  My what a difference a week makes.

jmark

40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

HawgnCorona

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

Breems

I was there. Fun stuff. Energy was less of a problem.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Atlhogfan1

I'm happy for the players and fans too.  For TJ, Scotty and Lee whose positions may be more secure.

Anyway, great job by staff and players getting this turned around.   Where this was heading just wasn't right.   They were better than that.   Our fans were better than that.  Hopefully Vandy was the bottoming out.  Tonight was what it should be.   
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hawgfan4life

Win 20 and little praise for the coach.  Lose 7 and fans want him fired.  Fans... lol

Youngsta71701

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 18, 2017, 07:41:12 pm
working.

WPS!
Now this is the way Bud Walton Arena is supposed to be rockin! Especially in the weekend games. WooPig!! :razorback:
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

McKdaddy

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 18, 2017, 08:20:38 pm
Now this is the way Bud Walton Arena is supposed to be rockin! Especially in the weekend games. WooPig!! :razorback:

Agreed
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

HawgnCorona

Quote from: hawgfan4life on February 18, 2017, 08:17:13 pm
Win 20 and little praise for the coach.  Lose 7 and fans want him fired.  Fans... lol

Yep..

PonderinHog

Look man, that OSU, Mizzou, Vandy stretch was BAD!  I had some serious doubts about MA's future.  Glad they got things turned around so quickly.  They have played very well these last three games, as a whole.  We have four tough games coming up.  They must keep their focus on the next opponent, which is A & M, who just throttled Auburn at home and might have something to prove against us, like Vandy did.

hobhog

Win and Hog fans will show out. Keep this up and we can fill the Bud. Just keep it out of the ditches from here on out and worm may turn....

Letsroll1200

Quote from: PonderinHog on February 18, 2017, 08:42:32 pm
Look man, that OSU, Mizzou, Vandy stretch was BAD!  I had some serious doubts about MA's future.  Glad they got things turned around so quickly.  They have played very well these last three games, as a whole.  We have four tough games coming up.  They must keep their focus on the next opponent, which is A & M, who just throttled Auburn at home and might have something to prove against us, like Vandy did.

If the hogs are locked in they should beat A&M without DJ Hogg

lunchbox72703

It was so loud on the radio....made me proud!!!!

WilsonHog

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on February 18, 2017, 09:38:01 pm
Um, attendance was 17300. And the crowd wasn't really that great. The team was today though.

Estimated actual attendance was 15,200.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: lunchbox72703 on February 18, 2017, 09:44:27 pm
It was so loud on the radio....made me proud!!!!
It was pretty loud on TV also...
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

latrops

Quote from: lynbug on February 18, 2017, 08:01:29 pm
Yeah, I felt I was transported back in time to the eary 90's. The crowd, the effort by the team, Mike actually animated on the sidelines.....commentators talking about us looking like a tournament team that can do some damage in the dance.  My what a difference a week makes.

Indeed.  A week ago there was justification for serious concern.  It appeared that we were letting a NCAAT bid slip away by losing 3 of 4 against non-tournament teams....and playing really ugly basketball in the process. However, needed defensive adjustments have been made in winning three straight (two on the road) and we are once again in good shape to go dancing, which is what most expect of the program and coach at this point.

Unnamed Source

Crowd was good but not great. Still lots of empty seats. Fun to take my son and hear him form the basis for argument that Hannahs and Kingsley were "all time" greats. Reminded me of my youth in Barnhill and BWA with Mayberry, Day, and Miller and then Williamson, Thurman and crews. I tried to explain what it was like then but he still can't grasp it having never seen it.

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: Unnamed Source on February 19, 2017, 01:34:41 am
Crowd was good but not great. Still lots of empty seats. Fun to take my son and hear him form the basis for argument that Hannahs and Kingsley were "all time" greats. Reminded me of my youth in Barnhill and BWA with Mayberry, Day, and Miller and then Williamson, Thurman and crews. I tried to explain what it was like then but he still can't grasp it having never seen it.

Love it. Kids have the best conversations. Great that you could share that with him.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

The_Iceman

Lot of empty seats? Do you know how many teams would love to be able to put 15,000 fans in their arena?

SemperHawg

Looked packed on TV, crowd sounded loud for the most part. Hard to have a crazy loud crowd  throughout when the Hogs never really let the Rebels in the game.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Loved the crowd and team!
Didn't love the jerk that tol me "can't see" when I was standing up beat the end of the game.
There needs to be a set protocol before events. Should say "don't tell other hog fans to sit down if they paid to go enjoy themselves by standing during exciting points in the game".

LZH

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on February 19, 2017, 05:43:11 am
Loved the crowd and team!
Didn't love the jerk that tol me "can't see" when I was standing up beat the end of the game.
There needs to be a set protocol before events. Should say "don't tell other hog fans to sit down if they paid to go enjoy themselves by standing during exciting points in the game".

Such bs. I don't stand much during football games but would never bitch at someone who does. Sounds like you used some restraint...+1 for that. It would have been tempting to tell him to @#%&.

southeasthog

Quote from: LZH on February 19, 2017, 06:12:05 am
Such bs. I don't stand much during football games but would never bitch at someone who does. Sounds like you used some restraint...+1 for that. It would have been tempting to tell him to @#%&.
This is why I have my seats at Razorback Stadium on the top row. I'm going to be in the upperdeck anyway so a few years ago I moved my seats to the top. I stand the whole game.

Great win for the Hogs today!

ricepig

Did you count the empties?

PonderinHog

Quote from: ricepig on February 19, 2017, 08:18:23 am
Did you count the empties?
Looked like 14,980 to me.  The empties are in the trash.

HF#1

We seem to be definitely hitting our stride. Finish strong and we could end up 3rd in the league
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Little Lady Back

Was nice to see fans back in the seats at the Bud!
#NolanRichardsonCourt

Oklahawg

15,214 in BWA and 10,800 at Baum. Helluva day for hog fans to be proud of.

I got to go to the hoops game and the energy from the crowd was the best I've seen in a long time.

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

swinesation

ricepig

Quote from: PonderinHog on February 19, 2017, 08:19:43 am
Looked like 14,980 to me.  The empties are in the trash.

Recycling them?

hogsmash12

cityhog

need to repeat that Wed night against the Gaggies. With SC playing at FL on Tuesday and Bama at home against UGA on Thursday. We could have a 3 way tie for 3rd at the end of thursday night with the Hogs holding the head to head edge over both those teams.

Hawgzilla

Wife and I drove up from Texarkana. ..Caught the Baseball and Basketball games...She lover the Basketball game..

HognitiveDissonance

I was predicting 14,500 so I was close.
It was partly due to it also being baseball weekend.
But mostly, you can tell fans are just itching...dying...to see a spark of hope somewhere...anywhere...to give them reason to show up. Wednesday's road win over South Carolina was just that. That one win alone probably got 2000-3000 extra people in the stands. I've been saying that...just give people a glimmer of hope and they'll come back in droves.
It was a great atmosphere.
I thought it was a great performance by the Hogs, considering how well they played Wednesday in a 'must-win' game, so the tendency is for maybe a letdown. Plus, Ole Miss had won 5 of 6 in Bud Walton so they weren't scared coming in here. Instead, Hogs put together another stellar performance to follow Wednesday.

HognitiveDissonance

Yes, the bouncing from one extreme to the next can be tiring at times, so let's not do that and let's stay focused on the big picture. We need to make the NCAA Tournament, and we don't have a bid yet. There are games to be played to secure that spot and get 'most' people to feel good about the future. The tide has turned several times this year, and it can easily turn again.
We've been down this road before: 2013-14. Two wins over Kentucky and what seemed lost had snatched a bid. Then some late season losses turned it the other way.
So I'm happy we've gotten back into the conversation, but it's tempered by the fact we haven't done anything yet except give us a chance.
Which is also why I'm not paying any attention to Joe Lunardi and bracketology...still too early to get hopes up yet.

Oklahawg

Still shows that we can think big things about BWA if the product does its part. Crowd around me was thrilled with the high-quality product, and the team (in turn) responded to the crowd.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

MikePiazza

I've heard people talk about how we need to reduce BWA in size.

Fans will support a winner. The Hogs just have to consistently win games in BWA and be relevant, which it appears is happening, and the crowds will take care of themselves.

It won't ever go back to 20,000 like it was in the mid-90s. But there's no reason that they can't average 18-19K, especially in SEC games.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

micali

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 19, 2017, 04:06:12 am
Lot of empty seats? Do you know how many teams would love to be able to put 15,000 fans in their arena?
Awburns new arena only holds 9000. We are spoiled when we have 15,000 and people complain.