Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

USC coach's wife tweets strange accusation....

Started by Bogghawg, February 15, 2017, 08:57:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Piggus

After the game, Frank Martin attributed Silva's foul trouble to bad habits not officiating. Martin suggested Silva does not take coaching well with regard to his bad habits on defense.
[CENSORED]!

hogsanity

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 16, 2017, 11:39:52 am
After the game, Frank Martin attributed Silva's foul trouble to bad habits not officiating. Martin suggested Silva does not take coaching well with regard to his bad habits on defense.

He played really well for a long stretch with 3 fouls, then committed two crazy stupid fouls prety close together.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogfan10

Quote from: Bogghawg on February 15, 2017, 09:22:33 pm
Hadn't even thought of that.  I think she was just claiming the SEC office and officials were trying to keep South Carolina down.

I actually did think it was the best officiated SEC game this year, that I have seen.
Relatively low foul count for both teams, saw some (a few) bad calls go against the Hogs, but they appeared to offset by some (a few) bad
calls against Carolina.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: hogsanity on February 16, 2017, 10:18:21 am
No, people who do not have a clue about officiating think the suck. Apparently SC thinks those guys last night were horrible even though it might have been the best called SEC game all season. The LOSERS tend to be the ones thinking the refs sucked.

As for consistency within a crew, there is a problem there that is unique to basketball. In football, if a guy is the line judge, he is the line judge for every snap, In baseball, the plate ump is the plate ump for every pitch. In basketball, however, they move around, might be baseline on one end for 3 or for trips, then you become the wing, then you are baseline on the other end but up top on the end where you were baseline 3 trips ago. So my idea of contact on a blocked shot may different than my partners, That is why basketball officiating looks so inconsistent.

+1, Give you a rare credit, but...

Referees are paid to know their job and any officiating crew should know how to work together at this level.  As I understand it the head ref lines things out before the game even starts.

Then it all goes to fail!!!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: k.c.hawg on February 15, 2017, 09:24:16 pm
We shot 18 free throws....they shot 17. By the numbers it appears to be the best officiated game in the SEC this year. Maybe she wanted to see Thornwell shoot 33 free throws again.
If we hadda played 4 overtimes he would have...lol
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hogwood on February 16, 2017, 07:41:25 am
I mean at one point I did think we were getting all the right calls, but it wasn't the whole game. There is always a team getting the breaks, but usually it's not us. But I don't think the refereeing determined the game...

I'm more interested in the bear hug Martin and Anderson gave each other after the game instead of shaking hands. Don't think I've seen CMA do that all year to another coach... What was that about? Is there a history there or do they just respect each other? Maybe Anderson was just so happy because he might've saved his job last night. Haha.
They've been coaching against each other since both were in the Big12. Maybe much respect...That's the only thing I can think of.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: HF#1 on February 16, 2017, 08:40:55 am
I thought it was one of the better officiated games I have watched all year in the SEC.
+1, I didn't see many questionable calls for either team.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hogsanity on February 16, 2017, 09:17:40 am
EVERYONE would enjoy sports more if they worried less about officiating, and conference agendas, and just watched the games, realizing one team will win and one will lose.
Come on hogsanity, I know your a referee and I am too but lets be honest here. Some refs suck! Just like in any other profession some refs are the best, some refs are good, some refs are average, some refs are bad, and some refs just flat out suck! I like to keep it real... ;D

The crew the other night was pretty good as a whole.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 16, 2017, 10:13:56 am
Guessing she was upset at the fouls on Silva.  He has fouled out of 4 straight games.  Been this way all season.

16pts and 8 reb in 18 minutes.  They need to figure out how to keep him on the court.  Made a difference in the early momentum swing last night.
Frank was upset about the fouls on Silva too. But he was 100% upset with Silva. I wonder is she going to criticize her husband too...Hmmm... :-\

Youngsta71701

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 16, 2017, 10:48:09 am
That's some great insight. I had never thought about the fact that before but it's very true. A basketball ref goes from watching guys battle for position down low to watching the primary ball handler and his defender out top every 30 seconds or less. In the post, there is more physicality while out top it's more finesse.

Doesn't sound as easy to me now.
Trust me, it's not. There's and art to it. I would rather play basketball than officiate basketball any day. I'm pretty good at both but I'm much better playing.