Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

USC coach's wife tweets strange accusation....

Started by Bogghawg, February 15, 2017, 08:57:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogghawg

Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

Tick Hog

I didn't see whatever was apparently said, but if she's referring to the officials it evened out on both sides.

(notOM)Rebel123

She needs to concentrate on her husband's wardrobe. What was he wearing tonight? A lab coat?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Hog Solo

Refereeing during the week is great,  weekends scrubs come in and basically suck.

factchecker

https://twitter.com/AnyaMartin23/status/832037178725322754

Maybe she should be fussing at her husband for sitting on his butt the whole game instead.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Cmheinley

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on February 15, 2017, 09:06:34 pm
She needs to concentrate on her husband's wardrobe. What was he wearing tonight? A lab coat?

Haha I laughed out loud. I know why he wears it untucked though. Would be like smuggling a pillow in your pants if it was tucked in.

phadedhawg

Just smile and say you are proud of the team and your spouse.  You got one job

Raymond Zorback

There was an agenda in South Carolina to let the black coach win?

Does she realize how absurd that is?  South Carolina pretty much started the Civil War.
You can call me Ray.

StuartDavin

She also mentioned the "agenda" while the team lost to Alabama. Apparently there was no agenda on the day they beat Mississippi State though..

Bogghawg

Quote from: Raymond Zorback on February 15, 2017, 09:16:42 pm
There was an agenda in South Carolina to let the black coach win?

Does she realize how absurd that is?  South Carolina pretty much started the Civil War.
Hadn't even thought of that.  I think she was just claiming the SEC office and officials were trying to keep South Carolina down.
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

k.c.hawg

We shot 18 free throws....they shot 17. By the numbers it appears to be the best officiated game in the SEC this year. Maybe she wanted to see Thornwell shoot 33 free throws again.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Hoggish1

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on February 15, 2017, 09:06:34 pm

That's Cuban stuff...

Pig in the Pokey

"The Agenda" doesn't have anything to do with Arkansas or South Carolina so much as it has to do with that Big Blue...
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

(notOM)Rebel123

hoglady

That was the best officiated game I've seen by an SEC crew in years.
Let them play just enough, so the game had a flow to it - instead of being a whistle fest.
SEC office needs to show it to every ref and tell them that's the way to call a basketball game.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

ShadowHawg

What a troll!

I guess she missed where Thornwell got a runout dunk on what was clearly a shot clock violation and I loved how the shot clock horn went off BEFORE Macon even touched that ball in the corner.

Bad calls are part of every game and most nights they do tend to even themselves out.

Hogsolo

Gotta wonder what's discussed at home!   If this is truly referring to an agenda for African American coaches, they had better hope ESPN doesn't pick up on it.

They'd love to have a couple of weeks to discuss her racism.   

rtr

Guayabarra Shirt from Cuba, made to be worn untucked.  Specially designed hot humid tropical weather.  Nothing wrong with it at all.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

k.c.hawg

They said at the beginning of the game that tonight was a Latin themed night......don't know if they were BS'ing because of Frank's shirt or if it was true. Right before they said it, I said to my wife.....damn look at Frank, he almost always wears a suit.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

RzRbAcK18

If any team deserves a break from the refs its Arkansas (not that we got any unfairly, it was called well). The only agenda that would make any since would be letting Arkansas get the win so that the SEC can get 4 into the tournament. Like I said, it was called correctly and I doubt the SEC cares enough about Arkansas getting in to rig a game.

rude1

Quote from: hoglady on February 15, 2017, 09:46:57 pm
Let them play just enough, so the game had a flow to it - instead of being a whistle fest.
SEC office needs to show it to every ref and tell them that's the way to call a basketball game.
^^This, for the first time in a long time, in a SEC game the officials didn't stand out more than the game itself. A hard nosed game between two tough minded teams that the officials controlled but didn't do it by blowing whistle after whistle resulting in a free throw shooting contest.

regi

I think I read where Carolina has committed more fouls than anyone in the SEC this season, but that is how they play, it is how his teams were at K State as well. Physical half court defense. I must add, Coach Martin is Cuban, from Miami and making 2 Mil a year, he is under achieving in the wife department, just saying. I been to South Florida.

greasy_corner

HognitiveDissonance

I can't take seriously any forum that's called CockTalk.

tasteslikechicken

Quote from: hoglady on February 15, 2017, 09:46:57 pm

I thought the exact same thing. Very entertaining game.

3kgthog

If anything, it's more of the SEC needing more teams in the NCAAT and doing whatever they can to help a bubble team. SC is nearly a lock to make it, so no big loss from the SEC office.

elksnort

Quote from: rtr on February 15, 2017, 10:04:01 pm
Guayabarra Shirt from Cuba, made to be worn untucked.  Specially designed hot humid tropical weather.  Nothing wrong with it at all.
it is probably purchased on Calle Ocho in Miami

HognVA

What exactly is the supposed agenda? Arkansas definately gets no "preferred" treatment from the SEC.

GuvHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 15, 2017, 09:35:16 pm
"The Agenda" doesn't have anything to do with Arkansas or South Carolina so much as it has to do with that Big Blue...

Exactly. She believes the conference is biased toward Kentucky.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

hogwood

I mean at one point I did think we were getting all the right calls, but it wasn't the whole game. There is always a team getting the breaks, but usually it's not us. But I don't think the refereeing determined the game...

I'm more interested in the bear hug Martin and Anderson gave each other after the game instead of shaking hands. Don't think I've seen CMA do that all year to another coach... What was that about? Is there a history there or do they just respect each other? Maybe Anderson was just so happy because he might've saved his job last night. Haha.

McKdaddy

Quote from: hogwood on February 16, 2017, 07:41:25 am

I'm more interested in the bear hug Martin and Anderson gave each other after the game instead of shaking hands. Don't think I've seen CMA do that all year to another coach... What was that about? Is there a history there or do they just respect each other?

That was nice to see.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

HF#1

I thought it was one of the better officiated games I have watched all year in the SEC.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Next1_04

revolution

(notOM)Rebel123

Didn't say there was anything wrong with it. It's just unusual sideline attire for a D-1 Basketball coach. An early season tournament in the islands, sure. But it is unusual for a February game.

hogsanity

EVERYONE would enjoy sports more if they worried less about officiating, and conference agendas, and just watched the games, realizing one team will win and one will lose.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

GoPigs69

Looked like he was headed to his second job at Benihana after the game!

Cinco de Hogo

Strange things do indeed happen in the SEC when it comes to  officiating.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: hogsanity on February 16, 2017, 09:17:40 am
EVERYONE would enjoy sports more if they worried less about officiating, and conference agendas, and just watched the games, realizing one team will win and one will lose.

That would basically mean nobody caring who wins.  LOL you do live in lala land.  Referees suck!

LRHawg

That is just ignorant. If you're the SEC and you actually are plotting to influence games, you for sure don't want South Carolina weakened, especially with Florida losing their forward for the season. You would protect KY/FL/USC at all costs. There has been some very poorly refereed games this year, but this wasn't one of them.

The truth is, we had some shots fall our way(like that Watkins prayer shot at the end) and we played like an animal backed into a corner, whose fight overran the flight response. We played a hell of a game and they just got beat. I was actually pretty impressed with the calls. Several times I got angry and rewound live TV to see the play again and I was wrong every time, they got it right.

hogsanity

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on February 16, 2017, 09:40:45 am
That would basically mean nobody caring who wins.  LOL you do live in lala land.  Referees suck!

Wrong, you can still care who wins and loses without looking for someone to blame. SC just got out played last night, nothing more, nothing less. But , just like when the Hogs lost to MSU and OSU "we" had to find someone to blame other than our players. There really was no blame last night, it was a pretty good college bball game, not a foul fest, not a ton of FT's, and some really good plays by both teams.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

FineAsSwine

Quote from: hogsanity on February 16, 2017, 10:06:02 am
Wrong, you can still care who wins and loses without looking for someone to blame. SC just got out played last night, nothing more, nothing less. But , just like when the Hogs lost to MSU and OSU "we" had to find someone to blame other than our players. There really was no blame last night, it was a pretty good college bball game, not a foul fest, not a ton of FT's, and some really good plays by both teams.

I don't ever bash the refs on here (I exhaust all of those emotions during the game) but you gotta admit, a lot of them suck. Then, when they screw up on one end, they compound it on the other with the "make up call".

Atlhogfan1

She shouldn't be on twitter.

Guessing she was upset at the fouls on Silva.  He has fouled out of 4 straight games.  Been this way all season.

16pts and 8 reb in 18 minutes.  They need to figure out how to keep him on the court.  Made a difference in the early momentum swing last night. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 16, 2017, 10:13:56 am

Guessing she was upset at the fouls on Silva.  He has fouled out of 4 straight games.  Been this way all season.

16pts and 8 reb in 18 minutes.  They need to figure out how to keep him on the court.  Made a difference in the early momentum swing last night.

So, the refs have it in for Silva or are the refs trying to undermine Frank Martin? Only makes sense to me if she is talking about Blue Mountain.

hogsanity

Quote from: FineAsSwine on February 16, 2017, 10:12:05 am
I don't ever bash the refs on here (I exhaust all of those emotions during the game) but you gotta admit, a lot of them suck. Then, when they screw up on one end, they compound it on the other with the "make up call".

No, people who do not have a clue about officiating think the suck. Apparently SC thinks those guys last night were horrible even though it might have been the best called SEC game all season. The LOSERS tend to be the ones thinking the refs sucked.

As for consistency within a crew, there is a problem there that is unique to basketball. In football, if a guy is the line judge, he is the line judge for every snap, In baseball, the plate ump is the plate ump for every pitch. In basketball, however, they move around, might be baseline on one end for 3 or for trips, then you become the wing, then you are baseline on the other end but up top on the end where you were baseline 3 trips ago. So my idea of contact on a blocked shot may different than my partners, That is why basketball officiating looks so inconsistent.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: FineAsSwine on February 16, 2017, 10:17:15 am
So, the refs have it in for Silva or are the refs trying to undermine Frank Martin? Only makes sense to me if she is talking about Blue Mountain.

Have to ask her.  Don't know. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hogsanity

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 16, 2017, 10:13:56 am

His last foul was just absurd on his part, he two hand grabbed Macon, 93 ft from the basket, for no reason at all.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: hogsanity on February 16, 2017, 10:18:21 am
No, people who do not have a clue about officiating think the suck. Apparently SC thinks those guys last night were horrible even though it might have been the best called SEC game all season. The LOSERS tend to be the ones thinking the refs sucked.

As for consistency within a crew, there is a problem there that is unique to basketball. In football, if a guy is the line judge, he is the line judge for every snap, In baseball, the plate ump is the plate ump for every pitch. In basketball, however, they move around, might be baseline on one end for 3 or for trips, then you become the wing, then you are baseline on the other end but up top on the end where you were baseline 3 trips ago. So my idea of contact on a blocked shot may different than my partners, That is why basketball officiating looks so inconsistent.

That's some great insight. I had never thought about the fact that before but it's very true. A basketball ref goes from watching guys battle for position down low to watching the primary ball handler and his defender out top every 30 seconds or less. In the post, there is more physicality while out top it's more finesse.

Doesn't sound as easy to me now.