Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do you believe now?

Started by Letsroll1200, February 15, 2017, 07:43:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

3of5-2

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 15, 2017, 08:12:21 pm
Uh uh uh...It's true what they say. Haters gone hate.

I get the feeling you wanted us to lose... ???. Am I correct in my assessment? Just cant let it go can ya? Yeah, I know it's hard, but you gotta let it go. Holding on to hate can take some serious years off your life. Smile... ;D
You guys gotta quit using that word "hate". I always want them to win, but the results of the last 6 years should open your eyes to how little success there has been. And by the way, there are still games left to be played, and I for one am not to confident in MA's ability to finish.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Poppa Tart on February 15, 2017, 08:17:25 pm
It's more how you said it. Predicting that this will be "short lived" just minutes after the biggest win of the season and acting like there's zero hope of any sustained success may not be trolling, but it's darn close.
It's close enough to be called that...
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Anybody talked to or seen Iceman? Somebody get him off that bridge!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: PonderinHog on February 15, 2017, 07:58:26 pm
I can't help but worry about him, though.  That back court violation...
I think he just lost track of where he was on the court.

orvillesghost

I am not sold on MA by a long shot but since he is criticized freely when they lose, I have to give him credit for a very meaningful victory tonight and for playing as well on the road this year as any SEC team.

My concern is will they hold serve in the remaining home games and actually win a game in the SEC Tourn? If they do, they should get into the NCAA and even for a MA critic like myself, that is doing enough to have earned the man another season.

Hogs958

cautiously optimistic.We've loomed great one week, and awful the next. I just want to consistency.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: RazorPiggie on February 15, 2017, 07:52:53 pm
No, this team is still coached by Anderson who I have zero faith in. Good win tonight.
Ok, let's just bring back Pelphrey then...

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hogs958 on February 15, 2017, 08:24:50 pm
cautiously optimistic.We've loomed great one week, and awful the next. I just want to consistency.
+1, Can't disagree with that.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: jm on February 15, 2017, 08:02:52 pm
I believe we play poor man to man defense and need to stay with various zones as our base.
+1, been saying this for a while now. We look pretty good in that zone. Still giving up too many open looks though, at times. Next step is perfecting it.

TexArkHogFan

I'm not gonna worry about the next game or the next.  I'm just gonna enjoy this great win.  Probably the best game from start to finish that we have played all year.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

HamSammich

Not a Jeff long fan.... I'm pretty sure he has set arkansas sports back to the 1890s..... but this is a great win and this is the time of year you need to be hot

HamSammich

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 15, 2017, 08:31:01 pm

If you seriously think pel or nutt would not have had as good or more success since long you are on something.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: HamSammich on February 15, 2017, 08:36:04 pm
If you seriously think pel or nutt would not have had as good or more success since long you are on something.
So now Long gets the credit for us winning? New one on me...

swinesation

I can't say I believe, but I want to! I'm closer to believing, because I honestly didn't think there was any way we'd win tonight. I predicted the best we would do over our last six regular season games was 3-3. Now I'm thinking 4-2 is a real possibility!

RazorPiggie

rude1

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 15, 2017, 08:22:34 pm
I think he just lost track of where he was on the court.
Wasn't just that, he returned to being that turn over machine again tonight. Team 13 TOs, Barford 6. People pay less attention when you win, but that needs to change going forward.

HamSammich

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 15, 2017, 08:40:16 pm
So now Long gets the credit for us winning? New one on me...

Just imagine pel and nutt still the coaches... I promise you their records would be better than our current coaches.  Your savior Long is a bag of poop.

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: HamSammich on February 15, 2017, 08:34:32 pm
Not a Jeff long fan.... I'm pretty sure he has set arkansas sports back to the 1890s..... but this is a great win and this is the time of year you need to be hot
Your statement about JL is honestly one of the stupidest posts I have ever read on HV, and that's saying something.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Youngsta71701

Quote from: rude1 on February 15, 2017, 08:51:57 pm
Wasn't just that, he returned to being that turn over machine again tonight. Team 13 TOs, Barford 6. People pay less attention when you win, but that needs to change going forward.
Yeah, that's not good. But on thing I will say is that the person that handles the ball the most like he did tonight will always have the most turnovers. If you ever watch Westbrook in the NBA he usually has a triple double but he's almost always on the verge of getting a quadruple double with turnovers. Risk/reward I guess...

I can deal with the turnovers when your trying to make a play when the shot clock is running down but I can stomach the careless turnover like stepping on the half court line or just throwing the ball right to a defender like Thomas did.

hogfanny

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 15, 2017, 08:15:27 pm
+1, this is how I feel. Can't get comfortable and feel like we've made it. Gotta keep playing every play to win.
Me too Youngsta71701!! It will be nice to get confident with this bunch.

phadedhawg

I'm not going to praise Anderson over one good win when I didn't call for his head over one bad loss.  Proud of the kids who played hard but we've proven nothing yet

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hogfanny on February 15, 2017, 09:11:29 pm
Me too Youngsta71701!! It will be nice to get confident with this bunch.
Yep, no doubt. Even I will admit that is has be VERY hard to keep my faith in this team. Kind of like your scared to put all you trust and faith in a woman and commit or get married. Don't' wanna get your hopes up too high and get hurt...lol

rude1

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 15, 2017, 09:10:50 pm
Yeah, that's not good. But on thing I will say is that the person that handles the ball the most like he did tonight will always have the most turnovers. If you ever watch Westbrook in the NBA he usually has a triple double but he's almost always on the verge of getting a quadruple double with turnovers. Risk/reward I guess...

I can deal with the turnovers when your trying to make a play when the shot clock is running down but I can stomach the careless turnover like stepping on the half court line or just throwing the ball right to a defender like Thomas did.
You can live with high turn overs when assists are high, but Barford had ONE assist and 6 turn overs. You can't live with that.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: rude1 on February 15, 2017, 09:14:31 pm
You can live with high turn overs when assists are high, but Barford had ONE assist and 6 turn overs. You can't live with that.
Not as the PG. He was a scoring machine though. Looks like he was a little unsure down the stretch also. That's what caused most of the late turnovers.

Cmheinley

Switch it over to the Alabama game. You will find him with that blank, lost stare on his face.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

naturalbornpigger

Great road win for sure.  Congrats to the team.  First top 25 win on the road in 3 years.  But it is simply wasted if they don't finish strong.  I am still concerned that we had to out shoot SC 54% to 43% to win by 7.  It is really hard to repeat that.  But it's still a good win.

Hoggish1

I believe now.  But, I'll let you know if I believe all the way after Sat.'s game...

rude1

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 15, 2017, 09:16:23 pm
Not as the PG. He was a scoring machine though. Looks like he was a little unsure down the stretch also. That's what caused most of the late turnovers.
He seems to be coming on as the season winds down. Don't want him to lose his aggressiveness, but at the same time, really need him to take better care of the basketball, in close games that could be the difference in escaping with a win or leaving with a loss.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: naturalbornpigger on February 15, 2017, 09:18:42 pm
Great road win for sure.  Congrats to the team.  First top 25 win on the road in 3 years.  But it is simply wasted if they don't finish strong.  I am still concerned that we had to out shoot SC 54% to 43% to win by 7.  It is really hard to repeat that.  But it's still a good win.
They starting putting their heads down going in the lane and just throwing the ball up and getting foul calls. Especially Thornwell. That's what I think kept them in the game.

naturalbornpigger

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 15, 2017, 09:27:14 pm
They starting putting their heads down going in the lane and just throwing the ball up and getting foul calls. Especially Thornwell. That's what I think kept them in the game.

But look at SC's 3pt %.  Awful.  And we can't count on the Hogs shooting 54% (50% from 3) regularly.  But it's still a great road win. 

Hogsolo

Quote from: Rbill on February 15, 2017, 07:48:57 pm
I believe now. Our biggest issue was not knowing who we were, how we were supposed to play together, who was our leader. We would look completely lost on offense sometimes because we had no identity or direction.
Tonight we really seemed to figure out our personnel and pecking order and plan. If we build on those lessons we can succeed.

100%

Kevin

can never just enjoy the win.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ShadowHawg

Quote from: rude1 on February 15, 2017, 08:51:57 pm

Do your positives outweigh your negatives? That is all that matters. If the team only makes 13 to's total and Barford has half while getting 23 pts and 5 boards, then what's it matter?

Enjoy the win tonight, analyze tomorrow.

hoghappy

I haven't posted much about the team, but I do think that this game was a nice win. You guys have to love any and all road wins. I'm just not sure how we will follow it up though. The pattern will be to play uninspired for the next 3 games. We might win them, but be lucky to do so.

3kgthog

I wanted to believe after Pel knocked off Texas and OU. How'd that turn out?

Win the rest (except Florida, bad matchup) and I might be persuaded.

azhog10

Sure hope he goes to the 1-1-3 and matchup zone more. Our man defense is horrid, but we are much more engaged defensively in our zone. Good game, but our defensive struggles are mostly on Anderson. The inability to pull away is on the players. Beard, Barford, and Macon have to be better down the stretch handling the ball. That's not on Anderson.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: daprospecta on February 15, 2017, 07:53:08 pm
You're spewing hatred everywhere in every posts.  Step away from hogville and go look at the score again. We won!
We didn't just win... we WON BIG on the enemy's home turf.............   this was BIG statement.......
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

3dawghawg

MA has to be given credit tonight for going with zone defense, having MK  playing more in the paint, not pressing so much,  using the 3 as a weapon and that gives us a better chance to get the long rebounds.  Great job

Gonzo

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 15, 2017, 07:43:12 pm
Mike is getting all he can out of this team. This best thing that happened to the hogs was going on the road. Moses was Moses Kingsley tonight and Dusty was amazing. The hogs fifth road win you saw a team that played together tonight. Believe me Mike will turn this program into a winning program. Big Wwin!!

I believe the Hogs are about as "fixed" this evening as they were "broken" last week.....in other words, neither conclusively. That was a big win no doubt, hopefully one that springs them forward to s strong close and post-season performance. Until the pendulum settles one way or the other, about the only trend you can identify with certainty is the lack of one. We'll see soon enough.

Go Hogs!

Gonzo

Quote from: BrooklynRoss on February 15, 2017, 07:58:21 pm
Literally nobody has ever asked you for your opinion of Mike Anderson.

Hhmm, actually, going by the title of this very thread, that would be inaccurate. "Do you believe now?" certainly looks like an interrogative seeking input and opinions, but maybe that's just me

Go Hogs!

TomasPistola

Well...both have got us as far as the 2nd round in the tourney the one time we made it. So there's that.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

OperationRestoreHawgBall

Still on the fence as far as how we will end the season, but THIS WIN Mike deserves credit for, and probably saved his job with it. Haven't seen the offense that dynamic and coordinated in a really long time.

TexArkHogFan

Watched the last five minutes of the Alabama-Missouri game.  It was all Alabama could do to win this game.  Missouri played them close the entire time and almost pulled it out. 
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

nwahogfan1

Mike is getting all he can out of this team. This best thing that happened to the hogs was going on the road. Moses was Moses Kingsley tonight and Dusty was amazing. The hogs fifth road win you saw a team that played together tonight. Believe me Mike will turn this program into a winning program. Big Wwin!!

I hope you are right.  But if he is getting the best he can from this team tonight I just wonder why he can not do it every night?    This is the part that is killing me and from having confidence in Mike to run a program that can consistently win 20+ games a year and finish in the top 4 in the SEC.  We will see going forward because i think Mike's job is secure for a while.

Torqued pork

How many times have we seen a win like this and then look like total crap shortly thereafter? Nobody gets teased as much and falls for it as often as Hog fans. It's became almost comical over the years.

1highhog

Enjoy the short lived excitement, but Mike is not going to turn Arkansas into anything other than what he's done the last years under his tenure.  You guys will never learn.  As I've stated into I'm Hog red in the face, love Mike the man, hate Mike the coach.  He needs to go before our basketball program ever amounts to anything.

Pork Twain

Posts like this are pointless, for the same reason it would be pointless for me to start a new post after each embarrassing loss.  One game does not a coach make.  I love how we played last night and if we performed that well against teams we are clearly better than, I would never have a complaint, but we don't and that is on the coach, not the players.

There is no way that the team we saw last night should have lost at home to Miss St, blown out at Ok St, lost to a terrible Mizzou team and blown out at home by Vandy.  It is the coach's responsibility to ensure they are prepared and ready for each and every game.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

HoopS

Some of you saw our Hogs get a big win last night and are mad. Smh

rude1

Quote from: HoopS on February 16, 2017, 05:44:04 am
Some of you saw our Hogs get a big win last night and are mad. Smh
What do you expect? After every win instead of posts talking about how great the team played or how great the win was, we are going to see post like this "Do you believe now", which are only going to polarize more the other side, the people who have lost confidence in the direction of the program. Of course they are going to push back. What did we win last night? Why would peoples belief change based on one game?

Beliefs have been formed over patterns over the last 6 years, it is going to take a pattern of good consistent play before many people are going to believe something has actually changed. So running to Hogville to stick ones tongue out after every win has gotten just as old as those running to stick their tongue out after every loss. At some point I am hoping that the fans on one or both sides of the fence grow up and start making it about the team and not about themselves and the belief that any win or any loss shows how right they are.