Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ranking the SEC (Hogs!) running backs

Started by hogcard1964, February 13, 2017, 10:35:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogcard1964

What do you think?  I think Bama is a bit too high, and LSU and Kentucky should be higher.

1. Georgia: Sr. Nick Chubb, Sr. Sony Michel

2. Auburn: Jr. Kamryn Pettway, Jr. Kerryon Johnson

3. Alabama: Jr. Damien Harris, Jr. Bo Scarbrough

4. Arkansas: Jr. Rawleigh Williams, Soph. Devwah Whaley

5. LSU: Jr. Derrius Guice, Sr. Darrel Williams

6. Vanderbilt: Sr. Ralph Webb, Jr. Khari Blasingame

7. Texas A&M: Soph. Trayveon Williams, Sr. Keith Ford

8. Missouri: Soph. Damarea Crockett, Sr. Ish Witter

9. Kentucky: Soph. Benny Snell, Jr. Siheim King

10. Florida: Jr. Jordan Scarlett, Soph. Lamical Perine

11. South Carolina: Soph. Rico Dowdle, Soph. A.J. Turner

12. Tennessee: Jr. John Kelly, Soph. Carlin Fils-aime

13. Mississippi State: Jr. Aeris Williams, Fr. Kylin Hill

14. Ole Miss: Sr. Eugene Brazley, Sr. Jordan Wilkins

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/top-dawgs-ranking-sec-running-back-depth-charts/

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

colbs

IMO Georgia's RBs are ranked too high and LSU's too low.  There is an argument for each of the RBs ranked above the Hogs but I bet they finish higher than 4th.  RW3 was the leading rusher with a so-so OL last year.  I think everyone expects Devwah to have a big year next year as well.

Seebs

Rankings should only be connected to the offensive line. Put Ezekiel Elliot on the Browns and what would have happened.

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Hog Fan...DOH!

Hogdomer

Quote from: hogcard1964 on February 13, 2017, 10:35:32 am
What do you think?  I think Bama is a bit too high, and LSU and Kentucky should be higher.

1. Georgia: Sr. Nick Chubb, Sr. Sony Michel

2. Auburn: Jr. Kamryn Pettway, Jr. Kerryon Johnson

3. Alabama: Jr. Damien Harris, Jr. Bo Scarbrough

4. Arkansas: Jr. Rawleigh Williams, Soph. Devwah Whaley

5. LSU: Jr. Derrius Guice, Sr. Darrel Williams

6. Vanderbilt: Sr. Ralph Webb, Jr. Khari Blasingame

7. Texas A&M: Soph. Trayveon Williams, Sr. Keith Ford

8. Missouri: Soph. Damarea Crockett, Sr. Ish Witter

9. Kentucky: Soph. Benny Snell, Jr. Siheim King

10. Florida: Jr. Jordan Scarlett, Soph. Lamical Perine

11. South Carolina: Soph. Rico Dowdle, Soph. A.J. Turner

12. Tennessee: Jr. John Kelly, Soph. Carlin Fils-aime

13. Mississippi State: Jr. Aeris Williams, Fr. Kylin Hill

14. Ole Miss: Sr. Eugene Brazley, Sr. Jordan Wilkins

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/top-dawgs-ranking-sec-running-back-depth-charts/

LSU, Vandy, Kentucky, us, Alabama and A&M are all about the same.  Georgia and Auburn are slightly above that group.

Jackrabbit Hog

I think Chubb and Michel have been at Georgia since Vince Dooley was coach there.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Hogdomer on February 13, 2017, 10:55:04 am
LSU, Vandy, Kentucky, us, Alabama and A&M are all about the same.  Georgia and Auburn are slightly above that group.

IF-IF-IF Nick Chubb returns to form, Georgia has a great backfield. If he's the same guy he was last season, Georgia's pretty average. Michel had good stats but nothing unusual. Quite a projection to put them on top, especially with the Chaney-Pittman offense.

Trayveon Williams of aTm rushed for 6.8 ypc and scored eight TDs. Freshman. Keith Ford with him averaged 5.3 ypc and scored six TDs. They did that with their QB scoring 10 rushing TDs instead of handing off.

Derrius Guice was LSU's leading rusher, not Fournette. Guice almost hit 1,400 yards, put up 7.6 ypc, with 15 TDs. Guice + warm body = one of the league's best running back tandems. Guice was 17th in the nation in rushing yards per game.

Auburn's top backs got a lot of carries, but they were not the most dangerous runners in the SEC. Pettway was better at 5.9 ypc and seven TDs on a huge 209 carries (in only 10 games - can you say overused?). Guice crushed Pettway's numbers. Johnson had 4.9 ypc but did have 11 TDs on 182 carries. Auburn will get these guys big raw numbers on the sheer volume of carries. They are not the second-best backfield in the league.

Alabama's top RB got 145 carries, far fewer than Auburn's top two. Jalen Hurts was the Tide's leader in rushes, in fact. Harris averaged 7.2 ypc but scored only two TDs. Bo Scarbrough did 6.5 ypc and 11 TDs. Hurts had 13 TDs, which took some chances from his backs. I like the Auburn backs better than Damien Harris, who goes down too easily. Scarbrough is a beast, better than anyone Auburn has. He just needs more than 125 carries.

Rawleigh Williams averaged a good 5.6 ypc with 12 TD in a staggering 245 carries. Devwah Whaley had 5.5 ypc and three TDs on 110 carries.

Williams was 23rd in the country in rushing attempts (second in the SEC behind Ralph Webb), 25th in rushing yards (third in the SEC behind Guice and Miss St. QB Nick Fitzgerald).

Let's not forget about Damarea Crockett of Missouri. He only had 153 rushes, gained 6.9 ypc and scored 10 rushing TDs. Mizzou could really use a number two runner behind Crockett, but he's a good foundation.
[CENSORED]!

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 13, 2017, 11:25:52 am
IF-IF-IF Nick Chubb returns to form, Georgia has a great backfield. If he's the same guy he was last season, Georgia's pretty average. Michel had good stats but nothing unusual. Quite a projection to put them on top, especially with the Chaney-Pittman offense.

Trayveon Williams of aTm rushed for 6.8 ypc and scored eight TDs. Freshman. Keith Ford with him averaged 5.3 ypc and scored six TDs. They did that with their QB scoring 10 rushing TDs instead of handing off.

Derrius Guice was LSU's leading rusher, not Fournette. Guice almost hit 1,400 yards, put up 7.6 ypc, with 15 TDs. Guice + warm body = one of the league's best running back tandems. Guice was 17th in the nation in rushing yards per game.

Auburn's top backs got a lot of carries, but they were not the most dangerous runners in the SEC. Pettway was better at 5.9 ypc and seven TDs on a huge 209 carries (in only 10 games - can you say overused?). Guice crushed Pettway's numbers. Johnson had 4.9 ypc but did have 11 TDs on 182 carries. Auburn will get these guys big raw numbers on the sheer volume of carries. They are not the second-best backfield in the league.

Alabama's top RB got 145 carries, far fewer than Auburn's top two. Jalen Hurts was the Tide's leader in rushes, in fact. Harris averaged 7.2 ypc but scored only two TDs. Bo Scarbrough did 6.5 ypc and 11 TDs. Hurts had 13 TDs, which took some chances from his backs. I like the Auburn backs better than Damien Harris, who goes down too easily. Scarbrough is a beast, better than anyone Auburn has. He just needs more than 125 carries.

Rawleigh Williams averaged a good 5.6 ypc with 12 TD in a staggering 245 carries. Devwah Whaley had 5.5 ypc and three TDs on 110 carries.

Williams was 23rd in the country in rushing attempts (second in the SEC behind Ralph Webb), 25th in rushing yards (third in the SEC behind Guice and Miss St. QB Nick Fitzgerald).

Let's not forget about Damarea Crockett of Missouri. He only had 153 rushes, gained 6.9 ypc and scored 10 rushing TDs. Mizzou could really use a number two runner behind Crockett, but he's a good foundation.
Good info.  Right now (Chubb being post injury) I would take Guice as the best back in the SEC.  That guy is REALLY good. IMO. 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Hogwild

ESPN's SEC RB rankings

1) Bama
2) UGA
3) LSU
4) Arkansas
5) Auburn
6) Vandy
7) A&M
8 Kentucky
9) Mizzouri
10) Florida
11) Tenneesee
12) USCe
13) State
14) Ole Miss

hogcard1964

Stripes62

No offense but I don't think there are many backs in America as good as Guice. Also, LSU has another back named Nicholas Brossette who apparently has been forgotten by many but he is still a very good back. Then there is David Ducre and if you want to see a big powerful and fast back google David Ducre and watch his highlights.