Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hiring while on hotseat...

Started by twistitup, February 09, 2017, 05:08:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: hawgon on February 13, 2017, 07:53:45 pm
We were a hell of a lot closer to 5 wins last year than we were 9 and that is a fact.

Nope, 2 from 9, 2 from 5, that's the fact.

bennyl08

We were a hell of a lot closer to 5 wins last year than we were 9 and that is an alternative fact.

FIFY

We play the the TCU and OM games 100 times, we win 50-60 of the games. Pretty evenly matched those games were.

We play Mizzou and VT 100 times, we win 95 of them. You don't absolutely blow a team out of the water like that on a fluke. We were the superior talent on the field and choked as a team.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

hogcard1964

9 wins is now what we're seeking as a measuring tool for success?

hogcard1964

Quote from: bennyl08 on February 13, 2017, 08:02:11 pm
FIFY

We play the the TCU and OM games 100 times, we win 50-60 of the games. Pretty evenly matched those games were.

We play Mizzou and VT 100 times, we win 95 of them. You don't absolutely blow a team out of the water like that on a fluke. We were the superior talent on the field and choked as a team.

We're 2-4 lifetime against Missouri.

goodguytex

Quote from: bennyl08 on February 13, 2017, 08:02:11 pm
FIFY

This teams biggest battle last year was between their own ears. They don't have mental breakdowns I think only games they definitely would've lost were Auburn and Alabama and LSU. Rest of them I think we win.

bennyl08

Quote from: goodguytex on February 13, 2017, 08:06:45 pm
This teams biggest battle last year was between their own ears. They don't have mental breakdowns I think only games they definitely would've lost were Auburn and Alabama and LSU. Rest of them I think we win.

Aggies were rolling pretty strong early in the season before Knight got injured. Might have still lost that one as well. Though, the score was more lopsided than it should have been
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

goodguytex

Quote from: bennyl08 on February 13, 2017, 08:13:24 pm
Aggies were rolling pretty strong early in the season before Knight got injured. Might have still lost that one as well. Though, the score was more lopsided than it should have been
At halftime it was pretty close. IMO that goaline push we lost and the targeting ejection were the turning points in that game. Aggies ran it up in fourth quarter and end of third when we seemed to give up.

hawgon

Quote from: ricepig on February 13, 2017, 07:57:31 pm
Nope, 2 from 9, 2 from 5, that's the fact.

Nope, we were four points from five wins and fifteen from nine.  That is fact.

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on February 13, 2017, 04:56:58 pm
You don't think our offense has an identity? And why would you want to continue the identity the defense had?

Ha, no darn. Whatever identity the defense had last year let's shoot it and bury it.

twistitup

Quote from: hawgon on February 13, 2017, 08:29:11 pm
Nope, we were four points from five wins and fifteen from nine.  That is fact.

Rice sometimes likes to go w alternative facts
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

twistitup

hogcard1964

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 13, 2017, 04:23:04 pm
Here's the great thing, your post is just an opinion and not fact. Just like my post that you quoted, was based on opinion. None of us know what is going to happen should (A), (B) or (C) (whatever those may be) occur except for Jeff Long. We all speculate and we are all biased to come extent in our opinions one way or the other. But none of us know for certain.

Long is not making any moves with the football and basketball programs.  That's a fact.  Enjoy

Biggus Piggus

We were a hell of a lot closer to 5 wins last year than we were 9 and that is a fact.

Leading big at half in two games we lost = really close to 9 wins. Fact.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: hogcard1964 on February 13, 2017, 07:47:17 pm
He's definitely changed.  And with our running game, it doesn't make a lot of sense.

We pushed our running game as far as it could go last season. You guys are auguring into the ground now. Embarrassing yourselves.
[CENSORED]!

hogcard1964

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 14, 2017, 07:18:30 am
We pushed our running game as far as it could go last season. You guys are auguring into the ground now. Embarrassing yourselves.

And hence our quarterback was run into the ground.  Bielema became pass happy.  That's a fact.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 14, 2017, 07:16:09 am

Leading big at half in two games we lost = choking. Fact.

twistitup

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 14, 2017, 07:16:09 am

Nope...not a fact. In fact, it's just your opinion.

A lack of quality depth shows up in the second half - we can't finish

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on February 14, 2017, 05:07:40 am
Rice sometimes likes to go w alternative facts

Every record on every team can be adjusted by "closer to", however, the final results are all that are officially recorded, fact.

gchamblee

Quote from: hogcard1964 on February 13, 2017, 08:04:16 pm
9 wins is now what we're seeking as a measuring tool for success?

9 wins next season would definitely please me. I know it won't please you because you will never be pleased as long as CBB/Long are here, which would just be an added bonus for me to enjoy. But hey, you have accepted that we are just a mediocre team and refuse to complain about it anymore, amirite? lol

twistitup

Quote from: gchamblee on February 14, 2017, 01:45:28 pm
9 wins next season would definitely please me. I know it won't please you because you will never be pleased as long as CBB/Long are here, which would just be an added bonus for me to enjoy. But hey, you have accepted that we are just a mediocre team and refuse to complain about it anymore, amirite? lol

Do you feel like the recent coaching changes upgraded our staff? Is this the special staff CBB has been chasing since his arrival?

Its nice to know his plan is finally coming  together....why did he wait until now?

Forget about it- let's go win the damn SEC

gchamblee

Quote from: twistitup on February 14, 2017, 01:52:09 pm
Do you feel like the recent coaching changes upgraded our staff? Is this the special staff CBB has been chasing since his arrival?

Its nice to know his plan is finally coming  together....why did he wait until now?

Forget about it.....lets go win the damn SEC

I'll respond to your question to say this... I have opinions on the questions you asked, but realize that you are not asking those questions with any intent on having an honest discussion. You are not anyone that I take seriously enough to have an honest discussion with. Your purpose here is to be a muckraker. You lost me in the nutritionist thread and will never recover me as someone that takes you seriously. Happy trolling friend.

twistitup

Quote from: gchamblee on February 14, 2017, 01:56:30 pm
You lost me in the nutritionist thread and will never recover me as someone that takes you seriously. Happy trolling friend.

I lost you in the nutritionist thread...but here you are again. Thanks for the support Chumlee.

I still think we have a nutrition program about 20 yrs behind programs like bama. If we copy their D we could at least copy their nutes program too

southeasthog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on February 14, 2017, 07:25:06 am
Leading big at half in two games we lost = choking. Fact.
And is not anywhere close to the dialogue that it was addressed to. You know. The one about closer to 9 wins. But you knew that didn't you?

southeasthog

Quote from: twistitup on February 14, 2017, 02:01:21 pm

I still think we have a nutrition program about 20 yrs behind programs like bama.
Really? Just a couple of weeks ago you didn't even know we had one. Been doing a lot of research on ours and theirs since then have ya?

gchamblee

I lost you in the nutritionist thread...but here you are again. Thanks for the support Chumlee.

I still think we have a nutrition program about 20 yrs behind programs like bama. If we copy their D we could at least copy their nutes program too

I haven't put you on ignore because I do find your posts entertaining. They usually bring a smile to my face. I just wouldn't attempt to have a serious conversation with you because I do not believe you are faking it. I responded to you because you asked me a question directly.

bennyl08

You were provided a barrage of links showing otherwise.

Our nutrition program isn't 5 years behind anybody, much less 20. However, facts don't seem to matter. Literally everything you said that you wish we did nutritionally, a link was provided showing you explicitly that we do in fact do and have that. However, once some people make up their mind, nothing will convince them.

Pig In The City

Quote from: ricepig on February 09, 2017, 05:13:41 pm
His contract is thru 2020, so 4 more years.
No way he stays that long unless he turns this around.

gchamblee

Quote from: bennyl08 on February 14, 2017, 02:23:49 pm

Our nutrition program isn't 5 years behind anybody, much less 20. However, facts don't seem to matter. Literally everything you said that you wish we did nutritionally, a link was provided showing you explicitly that we do in fact do and have that. However, once some people make up their mind, nothing will convince them.

They are too busy trying to convert others to their way of thinking, to reanalyze their thinking.

twistitup

Quote from: bennyl08 on February 14, 2017, 02:23:49 pm

You obviously didnt read the link I provided about the bama nutrition program- we dont even come close...I read the links provided and chuckled.

Its laughable

#Pbj

From the article in question:

"Anderson said Bragg knows exactly what vitamins certain players need. She knows their favorite shakes. She knows who takes Juven shots- a liquid protein that is designed to aid tissue growth- and she knows how each player likes to recover after a workout."

Where is that link about us using Juven shots to aid tissue growth?

PORKULATOR

I thought for a second,  this title looks interesting and it's floated around fere for awhile,  might as well give it a look.... and, nope... not interested in it.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on February 14, 2017, 03:21:25 pm
You obviously didnt read the link I provided about the bama nutrition program- we dont even come close...I read the links provided and chuckled.

Its laughable

#Pbj

"Anderson said Bragg knows exactly what vitamins certain players need. She knows their favorite shakes. She knows who takes Juven shots- a liquid protein that is designed to aid tissue growth- and she knows how each player likes to recover after a workout."

If it's such a concern of yours, I assume you could go over to the Smith Center and the Jones Center and ask them directly. Just because you haven't read anything about it doesn't mean it isn't the same, or better.

bennyl08

Quote from: Pig In The City on February 14, 2017, 02:24:18 pm

No way he stays that long unless he turns this around.

I hope the program doesn't turn around and start regressing. I hope it keeps going in the current direction which is forward.

He won't stay long unless he does turn this around or if shows he is incapable of continuing the forward progress.

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on February 14, 2017, 04:08:43 pm
If it's such a concern of yours, I assume you could go over to the Smith Center and the Jones Center and ask them directly. Just because you haven't read anything about it doesn't mean it isn't the same, or better.

Yeah rice, i bet we have a better nutes program than bama....sure is showing on the field.

You avoided an earlier qüestion:  Do you feel we have upgraded our coaching staff since CBB arrived?

bennyl08

Quote from: twistitup on February 14, 2017, 03:21:25 pm

Its laughable

#Pbj

Juven is something you can buy from walgreen and is just a specific brand. You were provided numerous links showing how each player has a personalized protein shake (which is what a juven shot basically is, though it was designed for cancer patients to prevent lean muscle loss and clinical studies on it have yielded mixed results. You are adamant that we use a product that is available at walgreens that isn't clinically proven to work, and is just the name of a specific brand. It would be like asking if we use gatorade when there are much better electrolyte replenishing drinks out there) depending on their individual nutritional needs. There is an entire nutrition shake bar for the players.

twistitup

Quote from: bennyl08 on February 14, 2017, 04:25:47 pm
Juven is something you can buy from walgreen and is just a specific brand. You were provided numerous links showing how each player has a personalized protein shake (which is what a juven shot basically is, though it was designed for cancer patients to prevent lean muscle loss and clinical studies on it have yielded mixed results. You are adamant that we use a product that is available at walgreens that isn't clinically proven to work, and is just the name of a specific brand. It would be like asking if we use gatorade when there are much better electrolyte replenishing drinks out there) depending on their individual nutritional needs. There is an entire nutrition shake bar for the players.

Yeah....we are right up there with bama... they got nothing on us, just some Walgreens bs

Ok- now lets go show it. We are only a few secret assistant coaches and a pbj away from winning the SEC

gchamblee

Quote from: twistitup on February 14, 2017, 04:31:50 pm
Yeah....we are right up there with bama... they got nothing on us, just some Walgreens bs

Ok- now lets go show it. We are only a few secret assistent coaches and a pbj away from winning the SEC

It sounds to me like your thought process goes something like this... "Bama is winning championships. We should be wearing the same color socks, the same brand of underwear and listening to the same music as them if we are serious about competing with them".

Did it ever occur to you that we may actually be doing some things on an equal level with them? Losing to them does not mean everything they do is better than us. Lack of evidence is proof of nothing.

hogcard1964

Quote from: gchamblee on February 14, 2017, 04:35:28 pm
It sounds to me like your thought process goes something like this... "Bama is winning championships. We should be wearing the same color socks, the same brand of underwear and listening to the same music as them if we are serious about competing with them".

Did it ever occur to you that we may actually be doing some things on an equal level with them? Losing to them does not mean everything they do is better than us. Lack of evidence is proof of nothing.

What are we doing that is equal to them?

twistitup

Quote from: gchamblee on February 14, 2017, 04:35:28 pm

Sounds like CBB has the same thought process....scary. He joined the SEC, switched to more of a balanced offense (like Saban), now has hired an old Saban film room guy and switched to the bama defense.

Why not go ahead and follow nute program

CBB is learning on the fly by watching how Saban does it. Hell, he compared his record to Saban when he got hired...havent heard that bravado lately!

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on February 14, 2017, 04:24:43 pm
Yeah rice, i bet we have a better nutes program than bama....sure is showing on the field.

You avoided an earlier qüestion:  Do you feel we have upgraded our coaching staff since CBB arrived?

I'm sorry, I didn't know we were asking questions directed at us.........

HamSammich

Hell 9!?! If Bret wins 8 next year I'll be posting he needs an extension. The schedule is much harder next year. And to be honest with the fans mentality I really do think Bret is the best arkansas can do. When the philosophy changes and desire to achieve more than mediocrity change at the top in the program and with the fans then I will support that too.

Right now I am in a wait, watch, and chuckle mode.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: twistitup on February 14, 2017, 04:31:50 pm

Ok- now lets go show it. We are only a few secret assistant coaches and a pbj away from winning the SEC

Don't be an a$$. You are being challenged with respectful rebuttals. But your replies are just asinine. 
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

jkstock04

Quote from: hogcard1964 on February 14, 2017, 04:41:14 pm
What are we doing that is equal to them?
We surpass them on academics.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on February 14, 2017, 04:24:43 pm

Well, that first group only won 3 games, you do the math.

hogcard1964

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 14, 2017, 05:14:13 pm
We surpass them on academics.

Not as schools.  And it's not very close. 

Are you talking strictly the academics related to sports?

jkstock04

Quote from: hogcard1964 on February 14, 2017, 05:38:55 pm
Not as schools.  And it's not very close. 

Are you talking strictly the academics related to sports?
Ya, #1 in the SEC for the academic honor roll for 2016.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on February 14, 2017, 05:17:43 pm
Well, that first group only won 3 games, you do the math.

So the answer is no coaching consistency- how does that affect our progress? 

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on February 14, 2017, 05:52:46 pm
So the answer is no coaching consistency- how does that affect our progress? 

Nobody stays at SEC schools, lol. Looks like progress was better, doesn't it?

jkstock04

Quote from: ricepig on February 14, 2017, 06:01:06 pm
Nobody stays at SEC schools, lol. Looks like progress was better, doesn't it?
3rd D-coordinator in year 5 is not ideal.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

ricepig

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 14, 2017, 06:02:17 pm

So, you were in favor of keeping him? Hell, Bama will have their 3rd OC in the games, lol.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 14, 2017, 06:02:17 pm
It is if the last two failed and or bailed.

Ash didn't like the difficulty of getting studs to Arkansas.  He gone.

Smith went into a shell after getting burnt by running QB's a couple of times.  The whole D suffered for it.  He gone.

CPR is the guy.  He has an excellent track record as a DC.  We'll see if he can right the ship. 

We certainly know he can't do any worse.
All Gas, No Brakes!