Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bulls Fans are bagging on Bobby Portis

Started by snoot hoggy hog, January 26, 2017, 10:54:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JayBell

Quote from: Beaverfever on February 17, 2017, 08:52:37 amI don't get why people act so confused about why the Bulls aren't that great.  They have a really average roster.  Jimmy Butler is a good player but when he's your centerpiece it shouldn't come as any great shock that you're a .500 ballclub.

Aside from Butler and Gibson, the numbers are down for most of the players on that team.  No team with two superstars like Butler and Wade should be anywhere near .500 in the weaker Eastern Conference.

Their roster is hardly any different from Boston, Washington and Toronto's.  That's the tier in the East where they should be.  Not good enough to really compete with the Cavs, but jockeying with those teams for places 2-4.

Swinesong1

When he plays more than 15 minutes a game, he is incredibly efficient!

Hogz87

Quote from: JayBell on February 17, 2017, 09:37:41 am
Aside from Butler and Gibson, the numbers are down for most of the players on that team.  No team with two superstars like Butler and Wade should be anywhere near .500 in the weaker Eastern Conference.

Their roster is hardly any different from Boston, Washington and Toronto's.  That's the tier in the East where they should be.  Not good enough to really compete with the Cavs, but jockeying with those teams for places 2-4.
Dwyane Wade is far from "superstar" at this point in this career.  He's still a good player who averages 19-5-4 in just 30 minutes per game, but he's not very efficient as a scorer anymore (51% true shooting, 43% FG, 32% 3P).  Butler is a superstar caliber player who is a great cornerstone piece to build around but the roster is terribly constructed.  In an era all about spacing and 3P shooting, the Bulls are dead last in the NBA in 3P shooting.

JayBell

Quote from: Hogz87 on February 17, 2017, 11:37:08 amDwyane Wade is far from "superstar" at this point in this career.  He's still a good player who averages 19-5-4 in just 30 minutes per game, but he's not very efficient as a scorer anymore (51% true shooting, 43% FG, 32% 3P).  Butler is a superstar caliber player who is a great cornerstone piece to build around but the roster is terribly constructed.  In an era all about spacing and 3P shooting, the Bulls are dead last in the NBA in 3P shooting.

Wade is still a superstar in that he can take over a game at times, obviously not as often as he used to.  He's still every bit as much of a No. 2 guy as Beal and Lowry, whose teams are 9 and 13 games over .500.  Thomas doesn't even have a true No. 2 and he's got Boston at 37-20.

The team is dead-last in 3-point shooting despite Butler, Grant and Wade's shooting numbers going up this year.  Wade especially is having a great shooting year by his standards.  McDermott's numbers have dipped some.

The Bulls' roster may be flawed, but it has more than enough talent to be better than they are in that conference.

sickboy

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 17, 2017, 07:25:46 am
I think the Bulls need a complete rebuild to start fresh. Here is a trade I would make if I were the Bulls...

To the Celtics:
Jimmy Butter

To the Bulls:
Jaylen Brown (2016 #3 overall pick)
Nets 1st round pick (likely #1)

Bulls 2017-2018 lineup:
Fultz or Lonzo Ball
D-Wade (if not traded)
Jaylen Brown
Portis
Lopez

Celtics add Butler who immediately makes them a contender in the East. The Bulls get a young talent at SF and a top tier PG in the next draft. Good move for both teams I think.

As a Bulls fan, I've been saying this before the season even started. Trade Butler and rebuild the team. Brown would be interesting, he's got a lot of upside.

Sivad

Quote from: sneakybeats on February 17, 2017, 09:02:23 am
Only Bobby Portis' could get away with a huge back tattoo of Bobby Portis. 
They need to give the man some damn minutes! 
No Razorback in the tattoo?

sneakybeats

Quote from: Sivad on February 17, 2017, 01:50:24 pm
No Razorback in the tattoo?
True dat, but the back of a Razorback jersey and "Little Rock" with its stunning cityscape are at least present?
Nolan started a basketball revolution.

Hogz87

Quote from: JayBell on February 17, 2017, 12:32:33 pm
Wade is still a superstar in that he can take over a game at times, obviously not as often as he used to.  He's still every bit as much of a No. 2 guy as Beal and Lowry, whose teams are 9 and 13 games over .500.  Thomas doesn't even have a true No. 2 and he's got Boston at 37-20.

The team is dead-last in 3-point shooting despite Butler, Grant and Wade's shooting numbers going up this year.  Wade especially is having a great shooting year by his standards.  McDermott's numbers have dipped some.

The Bulls' roster may be flawed, but it has more than enough talent to be better than they are in that conference.
Wade isn't as good as Lowry at this point in his career; it's not even really all that close.  And Bradley Beal isn't a superstar, just like Wade isn't a superstar.  At this point in his career Wade is more suited as a third, maybe fourth, best player on a championship caliber team.  I will concede that, in the weaker Eastern Conference, he's still good enough to be the second best player on a playoff caliber team but the Bulls as a whole are terrible constructed.  Again, they are the worst 3P shooting team in the NBA and they're a middle of the pack defensive team.  Meaning, they aren't good enough defensively to overcome their offensive woes and that's in part due to the fact Wade isn't nearly as good of a defender as he used to be.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: cosmodrum on February 17, 2017, 08:32:32 am
Have you been to Chicago?

Do you hate Hope because of Bill Clinton?

Since you put it like that.......Yeah.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?