Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016-17 Razorback Bracketology Tracker

Started by jbcarol, November 03, 2016, 11:29:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

HOGINTENNESSEE

This team really needs to put it together soon or we may get snubbed

k.c.hawg

We need a late push. Have to win at least two in the SEC tournament!
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: jbcarol on November 03, 2016, 11:29:41 am
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Not much respect for the SEC.  3 teams with 1, 7 and 8 seeds.  Perhaps this is a reason for a First Four Out projection.  Lunardi has the Hogs as the SEC's 5th team behind UGa and just ahead of Vandy.

This appears to be another "miss" on the Hogs for this upcoming season.  I don't believe the Hogs will be a First Four Out team. 

Could easily be the Hogs in that 7 or 8 seed they have projected for A&M and Florida.  The media just seems to have no idea who to place 2 and down in the SEC. 
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/17926797/2016-season-preview-no-20-florida-gators
"It's not easy to figure out who the second-best team in the SEC is, but it looks like it's going to be the Gators. Kasey Hill hasn't lived up to expectations, but he's a senior point guard, and there's enough around him, with wings KeVaughn Allen, transfers Canyon Barry and John Egbunu, and Devin Robinson on the frontline. -- Jeff Goodman"
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

cosmodrum

Man, we couldn't even get to the season before lying down to have our good bleed.
Go away, batin'

phadedhawg

daprospecta

For a team that finished at 500 last year. First four out is not bad a start.  That means we are in contention for at least an at large bid.

Biggus Piggus

That we are on their radar is a huge improvement from where we were a few months ago.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

hview

It really doesn't matter what they publish, as long as the HOGS take care of business on the court.

Rawker

Quote from: hview on November 03, 2016, 10:47:36 pm
It really doesn't matter what they publish, as long as the HOGS take care of business on the court.

Just win, baby.  Like said.  Hoping for 9-3 from the very tough non-conf schedule, then 3rd place in SEC.  That gets us in.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

JusPiggin

This Razorback team is going to be really good... People doesn't even have a clue.  This is one of the better teams Arkansas has had for a decade or longer.. I am so excited to be a Razorback basketball fan  Go Hogs and WOOPIG!

hawgfan4life

Long implied MA had to make the tournament this year or would no longer be coach.  Pull the trigger!  This is pitiful! After all this time, we still aren't considered in before the season is played.  Just awful.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: hawgfan4life on November 05, 2016, 10:02:25 am
Long implied MA had to make the tournament this year or would no longer be coach.  Pull the trigger!  This is pitiful! After all this time, we still aren't considered in before the season is played.  Just awful.

Quote from: hawgfan4life on October 24, 2016, 09:10:27 pm
I will save critics their reply.  Yes!  Not excusable in year 4.  However, it is what it is for whatever reasons.  MA had a nightmare recruiting year and a down season after 4 years and seems to have recruiting on a high level and a team ready to compete. I'm content to see what BB does in another year and the rest of this season.

Treatments for Bi-Polar disorder include: Depakene; Abilify; Zyprexa; and others.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: FineAsSwine on November 05, 2016, 10:38:37 am
Treatments for Bi-Polar disorder include: Depakene; Abilify; Zyprexa; and others.

Thought you wanted to leave Hog football and baseball separate from basketball

At least you didn't play The Card. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

jbcarol

hobhog

Hollywood_HOGan45

As important as it is that we win games, we have to hope the SEC and our non league opponents win games as well.

SEC needs some marquee non league wins this month.

Danny J

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on November 18, 2016, 02:54:28 pm
As important as it is that we win games, we have to hope the SEC and our non league opponents win games as well.

SEC needs some marquee non league wins this month.
Mizzou took #11 Xavier to OT and lost by 1 on a neutral court. Mizzou looked MUCH improved although that's not saying much. They have a few guards that can flat put play and Terrance Phillips is the real deal.

The better the SEC does in noncon play the better for us.

MountieDawg

Quote from: Danny J on November 18, 2016, 04:16:28 pm
Mizzou took #11 Xavier to OT and lost by 1 on a neutral court. Mizzou looked MUCH improved although that's not saying much. They have a few guards that can flat put play and Terrance Phillips is the real deal.

The better the SEC does in noncon play the better for us.

Today Mizzou lost its 2nd straight getting beat by double figures to Davidson.  Miss State is a train wreck!
SEC!

poloprince

The talent has been upgraded and it is my belief this team will get the wins required to dance.  :razorback:
$PoLoPrInCe$

The_Iceman

King Kong

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 18, 2016, 04:31:13 pm
No excuses. Got to get in.

I wish the rest of the SEC would freaking win some non conference games so they won t kill out RPI

Carl Lazlo

These self proclaimed bracketologist are complete jokes. Georgetown at 36 and a 12 seed.  Bahahaha they actually get paid money to come up with thisome crap?

azhog10

Quote from: Carl Lazlo on November 18, 2016, 04:37:55 pm
These self proclaimed bracketologist are complete jokes. Georgetown at 36 and a 12 seed.  Bahahaha they actually get paid money to come up with thisome crap?
Whats worse, the bracketologist people or our fans who are acting like it's the end of the season bc we aren't picked to make the NCAAT before the season starts? At first I thought people were joking and being sarcastic. But then I realized many were taking these pre season predictions as final predictions.

Adam Stokes

Here's the summation of all the brackets out there, from ESPN & CBS to to that cousin you have who lives in the basement. Has Arkansas at about the 10th team out.

www.bracketmatrix.com

jbcarol

HF#1

Our best accomplishment this season will be making the "first four out".
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Rawker

Quote from: HF#1 on December 01, 2016, 08:37:12 am
Our best accomplishment this season will be making the "first four out".

Good attitude with a sampling size of 5 games.  5 games....of 32+.

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

HogHomer

BoarnSupremacy

Beating Texas in Houston on the 17th would be a good jump start into SEC play.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on November 03, 2016, 09:52:57 pm
That we are on their radar is a huge improvement from where we were a few months ago.

The problem is sometimes radar is used to detect problems...........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Danny J

Quote from: BoarnSupremacy on December 08, 2016, 06:29:44 pm
Beating Texas in Houston on the 17th would be a good jump start into SEC play.
No doubt...we HAVE to win away from BWA...has to happen. Winning all our home games and winning 2 away from BWA will not be enough...simply must find a way to win on the road against less than or even average teams. We can't go on the road and get smoked by bad teams.

BoarnSupremacy

Mikes awful road record has to get better this year or he needs to get ______.

dsims2k3

Quote from: BoarnSupremacy on December 08, 2016, 07:58:39 pm
Mikes awful road record has to get better this year or he needs to get ______.

CMA has more road wins than the previous  2 coaches combined.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

Letsroll1200

daprospecta

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on December 08, 2016, 09:21:46 pm
Facts
A lot of fans goals for CMA remind me of the year Stan Health was fired. "Ok, if you make it the SEC championship you get to keep your job, Ok, if you make it to the tourney you can keep your job. Ok, if you win one game in the tourney you can keep your job."  I'm not going to lie, if we don't make the tourney, I expect either an NIT championship or at least making the final game.  I feel we have the talent for an at large bid.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

The_Iceman

cardsNhogs

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: cardsNhogs on December 22, 2016, 06:06:52 pm
If your Last 4 in with a 10-1 record I would say Weak Scheduling

It would be nice to start having a schedule like Kentucky. We might get owned a few games, but it would be far better for recruiting playing the big boys and it would have us ready for the SEC. They played 5 teams from the p5 conferences. North Carolina, Michigan State, Louisville, Arizona State, and North Carolina. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

HOGINTENNESSEE

According to this we have 5 teams currently on our Non conference schedule in the Tournament

HogFansReunited

I don't get everyone complaining about our OOC schedule. No we didn't go and schedule a bunch of big name schools but we scheduled a bunch of teams that have a good chance at making the Tournament.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

sickboy

Our schedule actually isn't that weak though.

hog of steele

Let's get back to consistent tourney appearances, then start to complain about who we get our wins against.

Hogz87

Quote from: HogFansReunited on December 22, 2016, 09:25:37 pm
I don't get everyone complaining about our OOC schedule. No we didn't go and schedule a bunch of big name schools but we scheduled a bunch of teams that have a good chance at making the Tournament.
Yes, the small/"no name" schools we played this year are good teams that have a shot at winning their conference and making the tourney, but we didn't play any P5 schools worth a darn this year.  Minnesota, a good team but still not sure they're a tourney team, beat us soundly.  We beat Texas which is always great, but they suck this year.