Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

VFL Jalen Hurd is transferring to Baylor to play WR

Started by Snoop Hoggy Hogg, November 01, 2016, 02:38:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Snoop Hoggy Hogg

Jalen Hurd transferring next season and wants to be a wide receiver or tight end. Any thoughts? Think CBB would be interested in him?

LZH

onebadrubi

We could use a WR next year...  But bet he goes out of the SEC..

jjdlc

Would be very surprised if he is allowed to transfer inside the SEC.

hogsanity

does he have to sit a year or will he be a grad transfer?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

NoogaHog

Earlier in the year I would have taken him in a heartbeat, as a RB. But now, he's a quitter. Quitting because UT didn't change the system (that was there before he got there) to his liking.

He could be a better prospect in the NFL as a TE than RB. But we will have at least 3 (potentially) pretty good Jr TEs already when he is eligible to play in 2018.

Also, from what I've read about him, even from high school, I'm not sure he is an #uncommon character guy. Seems a little toxic.

Just one man's opinion.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

010HogFan

You can tell a lot about a player by what he wears on the field

King Kong

Most likely going to the West Coast.

I wish we could get him talent wise. But leaving with 4 games left raises a lot of chemistry questions

hoggusamoungus

PorkRinds

onebadrubi

Prolly one of the same reporters that took the players and butch's side in the rape and bullying the player that helped her.

East TN HAWG

He didn't exactly quit.  From what I heard, the TN football players had a team meeting after the USC loss.  I guess there was a lot of complaining and gripping, and Hurd said he was done at the end of the year.  He said he was transferring out.  To that, the leaders on the team told him to take a hike.  The leaders called Butch Jones and Hurd is gone.

It is coming out that players did not like him because he was loud mouth.  I think most fans have already moved on from him.   Sounds like alot of butt hurt to me. 

daBoar

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 01, 2016, 03:55:53 pm
Sounds like a guy trying to throw shade and blame one player for a team problem.
It's like blaming Richardson for our problems in the secondary. 

WooPig90

He quit on the team multiple times, throws a fit and refuses to go back in the game when he gets benched. Tenn is better off without him

PorkRinds

Quote from: WooPig90 on November 03, 2016, 11:14:11 am
He quit on the team multiple times, throws a fit and refuses to go back in the game when he gets benched. Tenn is better off without him

He didn't get benched. He had a concussion.

WooPig90

Hog Fan...DOH!

No way do we want that guy.  He just needs to finish up at Tri-State Tech then move on to his chosen career in waste management.     

lasthog

Quote from: King Kong on November 01, 2016, 03:31:40 pm
Most likely going to the West Coast.

I wish we could get him talent wise. But leaving with 4 games left raises a lot of chemistry questions

Perhaps it answers many questions, too.

RME

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on November 03, 2016, 11:18:31 am
No way do we want that guy.  He just needs to finish up at Tri-State Tech then move on to his chosen career in waste management.   

Orrrr finish up at Tri-State Tech, be taken late in the draft, make a roster and earn $465,000 at worst.

WooPig90

-Not saying this is true but I saw this somewhere and it does make sense :

"I do not post often. I have been a subscriber since 1999. I only bring info that I think that is useful to the board. I have this information indirectly but the source is one with direct knowledge of the entire situation from inside the program. Flame if you choose to flame. No big deal to me. That said everything here makes perfect sense and explains the past several weeks events with no exceptions. Here goes:

When Hurd fumbled at the goal line in the GA game, CBJ got in his face. He told Butch to f$ck off and then said that he was the team and that we would not win another game without him. Got benched of course. Kamara went in but later in the half was gassed and they tried to put Hurd back in but he refused. He eventually went in and scored on the pass before half. After that he came back to the sideline and said he was not going back in the game (to me this explains why he still had his hat at the end of the game. If he had a concussion, he would have had it taken away per protocol). Next week he no showed practice M-W and came back Thursday (not injured as was reported). When he came back, Butch put it to the team to decide whether he would play. They voted that he could come back but should be suspended for the A&M game (thus he did not travel). Program put out that he was injured to cover that.

At USCjr he was not playing great and Kelly started getting reps and moving the ball. Hurd got PO'd and when Kelly got dinged up they called his number and he refused to go in the game. Carlin went in and then caused the fumble with Dobbs on that series. Dobbs got in Hurd's face on the sideline (not typical for Dobbs) about quitting on the team. He refused to play the rest of the game. Kept his helmet. Not injured.

Sunday night another team meeting to decide what the players wanted to do about him. Several called him out for quitting on the team and being selfish. He then walked out of the meeting. They then made up the transfer story to cover."

Snoop Hoggy Hogg

I wonder if he or his parents have been contacted by the Ole Miss boosters yet.  ;)

Snoop Hoggy Hogg

Quote from: WooPig90 on November 03, 2016, 11:25:18 am
-Not saying this is true but I saw this somewhere and it does make sense :

"I do not post often. I have been a subscriber since 1999. I only bring info that I think that is useful to the board. I have this information indirectly but the source is one with direct knowledge of the entire situation from inside the program. Flame if you choose to flame. No big deal to me. That said everything here makes perfect sense and explains the past several weeks events with no exceptions. Here goes:

When Hurd fumbled at the goal line in the GA game, CBJ got in his face. He told Butch to f$ck off and then said that he was the team and that we would not win another game without him. Got benched of course. Kamara went in but later in the half was gassed and they tried to put Hurd back in but he refused. He eventually went in and scored on the pass before half. After that he came back to the sideline and said he was not going back in the game (to me this explains why he still had his hat at the end of the game. If he had a concussion, he would have had it taken away per protocol). Next week he no showed practice M-W and came back Thursday (not injured as was reported). When he came back, Butch put it to the team to decide whether he would play. They voted that he could come back but should be suspended for the A&M game (thus he did not travel). Program put out that he was injured to cover that.

At USCjr he was not playing great and Kelly started getting reps and moving the ball. Hurd got PO'd and when Kelly got dinged up they called his number and he refused to go in the game. Carlin went in and then caused the fumble with Dobbs on that series. Dobbs got in Hurd's face on the sideline (not typical for Dobbs) about quitting on the team. He refused to play the rest of the game. Kept his helmet. Not injured.

Sunday night another team meeting to decide what the players wanted to do about him. Several called him out for quitting on the team and being selfish. He then walked out of the meeting. They then made up the transfer story to cover."

Good Lord, he sounds poisonous. I hope for his sake that the story is completely fabricated (not saying it is).

Wildhog

Hurd has had character concerns going back to high school.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/794304295965523968

You've already earned your stripes, Jalen.

Memphis will make the offense work for you. The decision is easy.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jackflash

can't see him going to another SEC school don't imagine Tennessee will let him

jbcarol

Jalen Hurd writes letter to Tennessee

QuoteHurd finishes his three-[plus?]-year career at Tennessee with 2,638 yards rushing and 20 rushing touchdowns on 589 career rushing attempts.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: jbcarol on November 07, 2016, 08:21:07 am
Jalen Hurd writes letter to Tennessee

Kind of selfish for a player to think they should adjust their schemes simply for them. Also dumb to think they would.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

jbcarol

Josh Ward ‏@Josh_Ward 3m3 minutes ago

Jalen Hurd's trainer discussed Hurd's future with @TennesseeBeat. Looks like Hurd is still considering turning pro.   http://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/college/university-of-tennessee/football/2016/11/14/jalen-hurds-trainer-discusses-former-tennesee-rbs-future/93771786

Quote"I do know this, Jalen is such a focused guy and any entrepreneur or guys that are in leadership positions they know what they want and when they set their eyes on that goal they go after it with a hunger to achieve it," private trainer Robert Paulele said. "Whatever his decision is and what he is choosing to do I am going to support him."

Hurd informed Tennessee coach Butch Jones of his intent to transfer and signed his release papers on Oct. 31. As of Monday morning, Hurd remained enrolled at Tennessee.

The 6-foot-4, 240-pound Hendersonville native could transfer to another college or submit for early entry into the 2017 NFL draft. Underclassmen have until Jan. 18th to declare for the draft.

Hurd posted a message on Twitter on Nov. 6 saying his use in Tennessee's offensive scheme and injuries were factors in his decision to leave the program.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/826200848439111680

Ohio State, Cal, Oregon and Louisville have all had varying levels of communication with the former Tennessee running back. Hurd took an official visit to Ohio State this past weekend...

He had a good time by all account$

ALLVOL

I don't say bad things about kids. I just hope Jalen can surround himself with people who will help guide him both on and off the field.
I wish him well.

Pig in the Pokey

his chances of being a rapist dropped significantly. But his chances of remaining a spoiled child are quite high.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

ALLVOL

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 30, 2017, 09:04:45 pm
his chances of being a rapist dropped significantly. But his chances of remaining a spoiled child are quite high.
And your chances of showing class remain zero. Good show.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Wes Rucker‏ @wesrucker247

Jalen Hurd has been plagued in the past by listening to bad advice and/or ignoring good advice. I hope he figures it out. Talented kid.