Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Predictions?

Started by HogsRule1, May 10, 2016, 09:35:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HoopS

Quote from: ShadowHawg on May 17, 2016, 06:53:27 pm
I think we will be at 24 wins after the SEC tourney. An 8 seed in the big dance. After that, it's about who gets hot and who doesn't.
wonder what folks would think about 24 wins?

Slater

Top 3 of SEC
Mike SEC Coach Of The Year
In every game that is not a blowout win, the Anderson Haters :puke: on here will talk about the fact he needs to go, is too loyal to his assistants, he is not a good coach, that Long must make a tough decision and they really think anyone but Mike is needed 
NCAA Tourney, first round win, close second round loss
After the tournament he will leave for the Tulsa job, Haith will repeat his history
When Mike leaves the Anderson Haters will rip him for his lack of loyalty to the school they "love" dearly

FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

Big Nasty 34

I think we will be really fun to watch, but probably struggle early on closing out games. Once we get some chemistry and find out who the real go to guys are, I think we can compete with anyone. The Spain trip will be huge for guys getting to know one another. I'm looking forward to it! Hopefully the new guys are able to bring some defensive pressure we've been lacking.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on May 21, 2016, 08:30:31 am
I think we will be really fun to watch, but probably struggle early on closing out games. Once we get some chemistry and find out who the real go to guys are, I think we can compete with anyone. The Spain trip will be huge for guys getting to know one another. I'm looking forward to it! Hopefully the new guys are able to bring some defensive pressure we've been lacking.

When can we start the 10 extra practices we get and when do we leave for Spain?
Hogs up! Covid down!

Captain Morgan

I believe 2017 Hogs basketball team will lose at home in the 1st round of the NIT.

Based on what has actually happened over the past 5 years with actual coaching, recruiting, players and talent, It looks like we shouldn't be much of a team.  Based on Anderson's record before coming to Arkansas the second time, and the level of talent it appears we will have available, it looks like we could have a pretty decent team.  I see struggles, missed opportunities, growing pains, poor decisions, lots of Hogville disagreements and a team that barely makes the tourney.

Our conference except for 1 or 2 teams annually, should be nicknamed Cupcakeville.

3kgthog

21 wins padded by a weak non-conference schedule. First round NIT loss.

I'd never bet my season on JUCOs that almost always need a year to catch up to playing against better talent.

MountieDawg

Definitely a Top 10 team in the SEC.
SEC!

jry04

Quote from: 3kgthog on May 21, 2016, 10:20:13 am

I'd never bet my season on JUCOs that almost always need a year to catch up to playing against better talent.
We didn't play a weak non-conference schedule last year, so I doubt we will this year.

Mike already said he is looking for a strong non-conference schedule this year because he feels this group can handle it. Last year we had a top 75 non-conference SOS.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I think you are going to look really silly if you think we are in for a first round NIT exit. I would be shocked if we miss the NCAAT, personally. Even if we did, there is ZERO chance we lose in the first round because it would be in Bud Walton...

Otis

Quote from: jry04 on May 21, 2016, 07:08:12 pm
We didn't play a weak non-conference schedule last year, so I doubt we will this year.

Mike already said he is looking for a strong non-conference schedule this year because he feels this group can handle it. Last year we had a top 75 non-conference SOS.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I think you are going to look really silly if you think we are in for a first round NIT exit. I would be shocked if we miss the NCAAT, personally. Even if we did, there is ZERO chance we lose in the first round because it would be in Bud Walton...

How many top 25-30 teams did we play in non conference last year?

rzrbackramsfan

Let's talk about top 75 rpi.  That's the sweet spot.  Between 35-60 rpi teams I believe are the sweet spot for us.  We can still beat them consistently, and it adds points to our tourney resume. 

Jonteviosk

Quote from: Captain Morgan on May 21, 2016, 09:58:57 am
I believe 2017 Hogs basketball team will lose at home in the 1st round of the NIT.

Fairweather wannabe fan speaks again and voices his completely inaccurate dribble and complete lack of basketball knowledge. Suck genius level intellect.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

Jonteviosk

and here is Capt Morgans fairwether wannabe...no knowledge about basketball twin speaking as well.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

Captain Morgan

Quote from: Jonteviosk on May 22, 2016, 04:36:06 am
Fairweather wannabe fan speaks again and voices his completely inaccurate dribble and complete lack of basketball knowledge. Suck genius level intellect.
I find it funny that my good friend HogSanity was banned for debating Anderson's success at the University of Arkansas. Topics of 53% SEC winning percentage, 1 NCAA Tournament appearance in 5 seasons, the misses in in state recruiting and stating that a coach is measured by NCAA Tournament success and not individual wins against a weak conference. All these points were valid, yet he gets banned.

However, Jonteviosk gets to break the rules by calling other posters all sorts of names. His opinion are posters are idiots if they don't believe Anderson is a legendary coach.  :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:  :puke:  :puke: :puke: :puke:

ICEman

Quote from: FineAsSwine on May 10, 2016, 11:32:17 am
9 is a single digit, is that ok?
I would take the base 10 equivalent to 10 or 11 in binary.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Captain Morgan on May 22, 2016, 01:13:59 pm
I find it funny that my good friend HogSanity was banned for debating Anderson's success at the University of Arkansas. Topics of 53% SEC winning percentage, 1 NCAA Tournament appearance in 5 seasons, the misses in in state recruiting and stating that a coach is measured by NCAA Tournament success and not individual wins against a weak conference. All these points were valid, yet he gets banned.

However, Jonteviosk gets to break the rules by calling other posters all sorts of names. His opinion are posters are idiots if they don't believe Anderson is a legendary coach.  :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:  :puke:  :puke: :puke: :puke:

I didn't know hogsanity was banned, that's awesome, the board is so much better w/o the hate. See these points have been debated time and time again, however, they keep being brought up again.  It's really really old.  The points you made against ma don't even need to be discussed because they have been so discussed before.  I really hope you fall to the same fate as hogsanity if you keep on bringing up the same argument against coach Anderson that we know the facts of.  Or at least give it another month to bring them up again.

Captain Morgan

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on May 22, 2016, 02:03:25 pm
I didn't know hogsanity was banned, that's awesome, the board is so much better w/o the hate. See these points have been debated time and time again, however, they keep being brought up again.  It's really really old.  The points you made against ma don't even need to be discussed because they have been so discussed before.  I really hope you fall to the same fate as hogsanity if you keep on bringing up the same argument against coach Anderson that we know the facts of.  Or at least give it another month to bring them up again.
So debate about Anderson is far worse to jump ball than someone calling posters all sorts of names?

Kenny Buzzhog

Quote from: Captain Morgan on May 22, 2016, 02:06:21 pm
So debate about Anderson is far worse to jump ball than someone calling posters all sorts of names?
He just posts the same crap over & over & over & over & over & over. If he would state his opinion once or twice it probably would be different. Look at his post history I guarantee its got so many repeats in there it aint funny. Nobody wants to hear a broken record.

Kenny Buzzhog

Sorry Captain Morgan, that post was meant for rzrbackramsfan. ;D

rzrbackramsfan

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Captain Morgan on May 22, 2016, 02:06:21 pm

Yes, the same song played 100x's over, EVEN if it was a great song, which it wasn't, but still you have the right to your opinion, is worse than name calling

It's like the old saying, sticks and stones can break my bones but playing a song on repeat 100x's has crossed the line.

Captain Morgan

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on May 22, 2016, 04:03:53 pm
Yes, the same song played 100x's over, EVEN if it was a great song, which it wasn't, but still you have the right to your opinion, is worse than name calling

It's like the old saying, sticks and stones can break my bones but playing a song on repeat 100x's has crossed the line.
The attack of name calling on me and another poster was on the opinion of this team in 2017.

I said NIT and so did another poster. It's likely only 3 SEC teams get in. My answer to the question was reasonable and not outragous.

The response from Jovetich or whatever his name is took exception to an answer to a question that this thread was asking.

rzrbackramsfan

And then you implied it's not fair that hogsanity gets banned and jonvetiosk doesn't. 

I don't make the rules or enforce them but you're on a message board, I'm sorry your feelings were hurt. 

The reason hogsanity was banned (I'm guessing) is that he kept on saying the same thing over and over and it was really annoying.

Kevin

Hogsanity got banned?
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

PonderinHog

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Jonteviosk on May 22, 2016, 04:36:06 am
Drivel.  It's drivel.

My suggestion is that you not comment on someone else's intellect if you don't know how to properly use/spell one or more of the words you are talking smack with...
All Gas, No Brakes!

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on May 22, 2016, 04:54:57 pm
And then you implied it's not fair that hogsanity gets banned and jonvetiosk doesn't. 

I don't make the rules or enforce them but you're on a message board, I'm sorry your feelings were hurt. 

The reason hogsanity was banned (I'm guessing) is that he kept on saying the same thing over and over and it was really annoying.

Hogsanity was banned because of this PLUS the fact that he would repeat erroneous statements as true after someone had debunked them AND because he derailed threads with furious effort.

Nobody here is going to ban you for having opinions, but you gotta do these things:

Don't be a fun-crusher.
Don't derail threads.
Don't be outraged that somebody disagrees with you.
Discuss.
Make an attempt to acknowledge the limitations of what you know.
Stop when you're done.

I, personally, will get all in your darn if you argue by rebutting sound points with making up darn and claiming you won the argument. That sort of thing makes me want to hunt you down and dissolve you in acid.
[CENSORED]!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

FineAsSwine

Quote from: BentonvilleJeff on May 10, 2016, 10:08:42 am
Last year we had a fire the coach type of squad and it's a miracle in my opinion we finished .500.
This year my prediction is a can't wait to get to Walton Arena type team. Can't wait to watch this team with a loud jam packed arena.
I predict by February we are dangerous and nobody wants a piece of us.

I like this prediction. I think this team will be able to play the way CMA wants to play. This is the year we start getting a full throttle look at the Fastest 40. Should be playing our best ball by the time the tournament rolls around.
Hogs up! Covid down!

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on May 23, 2016, 10:30:58 am
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2639929-predicting-the-top-double-double-machines-in-the-2016-17-ncaa-basketball-season/page/15

also the minimum for our NCAA tournament seeding.   ;D Kingsley coming back with his experience was like adding a top 10 recruit in the post. Makes NCAA predictions much more credible.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Mick Hogger

We always seem to start slow, but Mike has a history of his teams gelling together and putting together some wins once we get a few conference games under our belt. NCAA is the expectation and top 4 of the SEC. We'll have a decent conference possibly and some good RPI wins. I'm ready. Go Hogs.
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

Biggus Piggus

Hard to make predictions without knowing the schedule + the strength of the SEC. I'm thinking this could be a very good season, but no schedule to analyze yet.

Top recruiting classes in the rest of the SEC:

Kentucky -- 5* SG Malik Monk, PG De'Aaron Fox, C Edrice Adebayo, SF Wenyen Gabriel, 4* PF Sacha Killeya-Jones.

Mississippi State -- 4* PG Lamar Peters, SG Tyson Carter, SG Eli Wright, SF Mario Kegler, C Schnider Herald, C Abdul Ado, 3* PF E.J. Datcher. All high school/prep schoolers.

Texas A&M -- 4* PG J.J. Caldwell, SF Deshawn Corprew, PF Robert Williams.

Auburn -- 5* SF Mustapha Heron, 4* PG Jared Harper, 3* PF Anfernee McLemore.

Returning players:

Kentucky -- Seniors, G Dominique Hawkins, PF Derek Willis, G Mychal Mulder; sophs, C Isaac Humphries, SF Charles Matthews; rs fr, C Tai Wynyard. Unknown - sr PF/C Marcus Lee, so G Isaiah Briscoe. Lee and Briscoe, starters, would make a huge difference, if they don't stay in the NBA draft. The rest of the bench is really iffy.

Texas A&M -- Sophs Tyler Davis (PF), D.J. Hogg (PF) and Admon Gilder (G), and jr PF Tonny Trocha-Morelos will be the core of the team after it lost four seniors. Backcourt seems thin. Lots of size.

Mississippi State -- Top scorers Gavin Ware and Craig Sword are gone.  Soph guards Quinndary Weatherspoon and Malik Newman are back, with senior PG I.J. Ready. The bench will be gutted. Other returnees include just a couple of project big men. MSU will have talent but will be very young.

The rest of the SEC is likely to be mediocre to bad, right? Am I missing a team that will be decent next season?
[CENSORED]!

Atlhogfan1

Florida lost DFS but returns a lot of their production.  Should be competitive in this conference. 

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

jry04

Quote from: Otis on May 21, 2016, 09:20:16 pm

How many top 25-30 teams did we play in non conference last year?
Most teams do not play more than 2-3. We played Dayton, TT, and Akron who were top 35. We also had Stanford, GT, and Evansville who were top 100. 6 of our 13 opponents were top 100. Our non-conference SOS was 70th out of 300+. We have to elimiate playing the +250 RPI teams. Do that and we have a top 40 non conference SOS. Go look at UGA's non-conference schedule if you want to see how a winnable, but strong schedule is made. They had the #4 OOC SOS and only played 3 top 50 rpi teams in the non-conference.

rzrbackramsfan

I just wanted to point out that next year we'll have 3 maybe four guys that can light it up from three point range in barford, Hannah's, Macon and maybe beard. That's gonna be nice. 

azhog10

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on May 23, 2016, 01:03:31 pm
Hard to make predictions without knowing the schedule + the strength of the SEC. I'm thinking this could be a very good season, but no schedule to analyze yet.

Top recruiting classes in the rest of the SEC:

Kentucky -- 5* SG Malik Monk, PG De'Aaron Fox, C Edrice Adebayo, SF Wenyen Gabriel, 4* PF Sacha Killeya-Jones.

Mississippi State -- 4* PG Lamar Peters, SG Tyson Carter, SG Eli Wright, SF Mario Kegler, C Schnider Herald, C Abdul Ado, 3* PF E.J. Datcher. All high school/prep schoolers.

Texas A&M -- 4* PG J.J. Caldwell, SF Deshawn Corprew, PF Robert Williams.

Auburn -- 5* SF Mustapha Heron, 4* PG Jared Harper, 3* PF Anfernee McLemore.

Returning players:

Kentucky -- Seniors, G Dominique Hawkins, PF Derek Willis, G Mychal Mulder; sophs, C Isaac Humphries, SF Charles Matthews; rs fr, C Tai Wynyard. Unknown - sr PF/C Marcus Lee, so G Isaiah Briscoe. Lee and Briscoe, starters, would make a huge difference, if they don't stay in the NBA draft. The rest of the bench is really iffy.

Texas A&M -- Sophs Tyler Davis (PF), D.J. Hogg (PF) and Admon Gilder (G), and jr PF Tonny Trocha-Morelos will be the core of the team after it lost four seniors. Backcourt seems thin. Lots of size.

Mississippi State -- Top scorers Gavin Ware and Craig Sword are gone.  Soph guards Quinndary Weatherspoon and Malik Newman are back, with senior PG I.J. Ready. The bench will be gutted. Other returnees include just a couple of project big men. MSU will have talent but will be very young.

The rest of the SEC is likely to be mediocre to bad, right? Am I missing a team that will be decent next season?
Like I've been saying, I wouldn't bet on Malik Newman coming back to TAMU. I always thought he would stay in the draft but it looks like they have something else in mind.

https://twitter.com/AnalyzedSports/status/735465750413070337

rzrbackramsfan

I thought Newman would be one and done for sure!

HogsRule1

Quote from: HogsRule1 on May 10, 2016, 09:35:04 am
I honestly just wanna hear everyone's predictions for the 2016-2017 Basketball Season...
Mine is 23-10 and a 8 or 9 seed in the Tourney. Team will start slow and pick up! Woo Pig!!!

BannerMountainMan

Hogs have another good run and this time make it two a sweet sixteen and lose which sets up for a huge next two years after this year. Feeding the monster
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

BannerMountainMan

And to whoever said we have a non-conf schedule knows nothing about Arkansas basketball, we've already got our name in that big time tourney which we will play 3 good power 5 conference teams
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

hoghiker

I think Moses and Hannahs are going to be hard to replace. We might be better but I don't think its an automatic.

jry04

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on May 11, 2017, 09:34:32 pm
And to whoever said we have a non-conf schedule knows nothing about Arkansas basketball, we've already got our name in that big time tourney which we will play 3 good power 5 conference teams
This is a year old thread. They weren't talking about the up coming year.

It is pretty fun to look back at how wrong most of these predictions are.

jry04

Quote from: The ColonelHog on May 12, 2017, 10:51:24 am
Hmmm!  Strange post!  So a 26 win season in a P5 conference in MBB is mediocre?  NCAAT 2 out of the last 3 years is mediocre?  One of the best (18) recruiting classes in UA history is mediocre?  Take the NC champ down to the last 3 minutes is mediocre? I guess I would have to ask, what would your criteria be for good?
Again, these posts are from before this previous season. Someone bumped this thread from 2016. He was still wrong, but everything you mentioned had yet to take place at the time of his post.

hview

Call me crazy, but I think MA is getting the program back to where Arkansas will consistently be among the top 4 in the SEC. That includes the upcoming season. I have no idea where we'll finish, but I'm excited about this team.

TheRazorback500

I'm going to reserve judgment for now, but I don't think we have enough "men" on this team to make a serious NCAA run. Twenty or so wins and an NIT appearance is about all I would dare to guess until the schedule is finalized. I want to see how our team chemistry develops and how the new guys are going to fit in.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

King Kong

Nailed that prediction as usual

snoblind

Quote from: King Kong on May 13, 2017, 11:32:51 am
Nailed that prediction as usual

:)

Guess he will have to spend the summer only talking trash in MMQB.

HoopS

Maybe some should scan this thread and bookmark who to listen to next time around.