Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC East Football Recruiting Battles heat up

Started by jbcarol, June 10, 2012, 06:56:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on December 20, 2012, 10:06:34 am
The Bulldogs have 30 commitments, and will likely finish up with 33-35 by national signing day on Feb. 6.

Which prospects is UGA targeting to fill out those last remaining spots? Recruiting coordinator Rodney Garner can't reveal names due to NCAA rules.

and because he is employed by Auburn.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

How can UGA sign 30-35 if there's a new rule with a 25-man limit?

"Early enrollees."

The recruiting term will soon, if it's not already, be as famous as over-signing, which is defined as a college team signing more recruits than they have scholarships available. Over-signing was made famous by coaches like Houston Nutt and Nick Saban.

Early enrollees is the loophole when the SEC talked tough and passed the over-signing rules last year. What are they? Early enrollees are recruits from high school, prep school or junior college that can complete college entrance requirements by midyear (or graduate early) and enroll at a four-year college in January. In some sense, it's a reward for both the college and the recruits they target for taking care of work early in the classroom.

What's the big deal about that? If a recruit can enroll early, then he can be "back-counted" toward the previous year's recruiting class – if the college finished with under 25 signees in that previous year. Note: You must also stay below the overall roster limit of 85 players, too. This is how UGA will finish with a recruiting class of 30-35, even though all of them won't count toward the 2013 numbers.

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012/12/23/how-can-uga-sign-30-35-recruits-under-the-secs-new-over-signing-rules/
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Flatline

Which means that we could sign 30 this year with the five Junior College players that signed early.  That would be very nice and I believe that we have five openings from players that left early or were kicked off the team. 

jbcarol

Bielema said all five junior college players will count toward the 25 Arkansas is allowed to sign in its 2013 class. So there are only 20 spots remaining for prospects.

"We wanted to make sure that it was looked at intensely as we can, but there doesn't seem to be any opportunities to do that moving forward," Bielema said. "So the 25 that we have will obviously be the maximum we can get involved with."

http:// [[[Stop spamming your site, Eric.]]] .com/sections/razorbacks/bielema-davis-experienced-some-%E2%80%98buyer%E2%80%99s-remorse%E2%80%99-after-nfl-decision-arkansas

Flatline

Quote from: jbcarol on December 23, 2012, 05:48:57 pm
Bielema said all five junior college players will count toward the 25 Arkansas is allowed to sign in its 2013 class. So there are only 20 spots remaining for prospects.

"We wanted to make sure that it was looked at intensely as we can, but there doesn't seem to be any opportunities to do that moving forward," Bielema said. "So the 25 that we have will obviously be the maximum we can get involved with."

http:// [[[Stop spamming your site, Eric.]]] .com/sections/razorbacks/bielema-davis-experienced-some-%E2%80%98buyer%E2%80%99s-remorse%E2%80%99-after-nfl-decision-arkansas

Well crap.

jbcarol

It started with Spiller.

It has resurfaced with Robinson.

Over the last few years, Florida has lost several recruiting battles to Clemson.

In 2011, the following prospects chose Clemson over Florida — running back Mike Bellamy, receivers Charone Peak and Sammy Watkins and linebackers Stephone Anthony and Lateek Townsend. However, only the latter two did so after Muschamp's arrival, and both were from the Carolinas.

But it's been more of the same in the 2013 recruiting cycle. Defensive tackle Scott Pagano picked Clemson over UF in July, and receiver Demarcus Robinson recommitted to Clemson last Monday less than a week after flipping to Florida. Both Pagano and Robinson were Gator fans growing up.

...former defensive coordinator Charlie Strong, now the head coach at Louisville, suggested Clemson has a nicer campus.

http://recruiting.blogs.gatorsports.com/14516/clemson/

jbcarol

UGA may have hit its 'magic number' of 10

QB Brice Ramsey has his reasons for graduating from Camden County High School this month so he  could enroll at UGA for the start of the spring semester on Jan. 7. Ramsey will be joined at UGA by his high school teammate, DB JJ Green, who is also committed to the Bulldogs.

"It was for academic and football advantages," Ramsey told the AJC. "You get to come in and play with the team, along with make the transition to college without having it all piled onto you in July and August."

Ramsey is one of 17 high school, prep school, or junior college prospects committed to UGA that have said they plan to begin college classes in two weeks. The Bulldogs are only counting on 10, as that's the maximum number that can be "back-counted" to last year's scholarship numbers in order for UGA to creatively circumvent the SEC's over-signing rules of a 25-man annual limit on recruiting classes. Using the early enrollees, Mark Richt told reporters he expects to finish this year with 30-35 signees — his largest class in more than a decade.

Richt, who had only two early enrollees in 2011 and three last year, really pressed the issue with this year's class to make up for roster deficiencies.  "If there was any year we pushed it, it was this year," Richt said. "We're trying to get to 10. So that was an important thing for this year's class. But most of the time we might bring it up, 'If you're the kind of guy that would be excited about getting a head star, great. If not, it's not that big a deal.'"

It was a big deal for UGA this year after whiffing on numerous targets on last year's signing day.

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012/12/26/uga-may-have-hit-its-magic-number-of-10/

jbcarol

Two of UGA's football recruits who expected to enroll early will now have to wait until May to join the Bulldogs.

Defensive tackle John Atkins and outside linebacker Leonard Floyd, who both attend Virginia's Hargrave Military prep school, both have to finish up academic work.

UGA has at least 17 commitments from high school, prep school or junior college who said that they planned to enroll early. After the change of plans with Atkins and Floyd, the Bulldogs are down to 15.

The magic number for UGA is 10 early enrollees, because that's the maximum amount that can count toward last year's scholarship...

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting

jbcarol

-Ryan Timmons
Height:5'10″
Weight:186 lbs
40 time: 4.35
High School: Franklin County (KY)
Overview: Timmons took an unofficial visit to Kentucky a couple of weeks ago and, reportedly, enjoyed himself. He attended the basketball game vs. Lipscomb, met with coach Stoops and watched tape with new offensive coordinator, Neal Brown. A tailback at Franklin County (KY), Timmons figures to play wide receiver at the next level. Timmons' speed is what makes him such a sought after prospect. In every highlight of his high school tape, he simply blows by players that are trying to tackle him. It's pretty remarkable. Timmons also displays great hands, decent route running and superior instincts. Obviously, landing Timmons would be a huge win for Kentucky. He's a perfect fit for the Air Raid offense...

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=124236

jbcarol

ATH Vic Wharton III, Independence, Tennesse, is the first player to commit to Tennessee's 2014 recruiting class.

QuoteWharton held off on his commitment [to Cincinnati after attending their summer camp]. But after Butch Jones accepted the Tennessee coaching position and brought five of his assistants from Cincinnati along, Wharton said his decision was made.

He got an offer last week and committed to the Vols on Christmas Day.

Wharton's uncle Brandon was a standout at Overton who played basketball at Tennessee from 1995-99.

Wharton said he also received offers from Vanderbilt, Ole Miss, Mississippi State,...

jbcarol

State of Georgia Rising Senior's West Team: MVP, OFFENSE

Nicholas Chubb, RB, Cedartown: Everybody wondered whether Chubb was the "real deal" or another small-town superstar who posted big numbers against weak competition. The 5-11, 210-pounder is actually better than advertised. He simply dominated the Friday session. "He reminds you of an Alabama tailback; he's got big legs, he's hard to tackle, he runs hard and he runs behind his pads," said Sandy Creek coach Chip Walker, the West's head coach. Chubb has early offers from Georgia Tech, Tennessee, Purdue, and Ohio State. But if he has another day like Friday, his life will radically change. He's likely the No. 1 RB from Georgia for the 2014 class, and will now appear in national rankings. Chubb is childhood fan of UGA.

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012/12/28/awards-from-day-1-of-risingseniors-com/

jbcarol

Josh Ward: 5.6-rated Athlete Malik Foreman from Kingsport (Tenn.) Dobyns-Bennett High School has switched his commitment from Vanderbilt to Tennessee.

QuoteForeman, who could play either defensive back or wide receiver in college, called Tennessee head coach Butch Jones and assistant coach Jay Graham to give his commitment.

"(Jones) was very excited," Foreman told MrSEC. "They said that I was a playmaker and that I could do a lot of things on the field that could contribute to the team."

5.4-rated Athlete Devaun Swafford, Foreman's teammate, also committed to Tennessee. Swafford was offered a greyshirt opportunity, which means he would enroll full-time in January 2014.

jbcarol

Peach County and Super 11 WR, Demarcus Robinson, will pick a college for a FOURTH time

QuoteAfter arriving at the Army All-America Bowl, Robinson told Rivals that he is no longer committed to Clemson.

It's the second time that Robinson has de-committed from the Tigers. In between, he's also switched to Florida, and later backed off that pledge.

Now that Robinson has committed and de-committed three times, which college will be his fourth pick?

It's between Florida and Clemson.

"It's 50-50, I don't really know," said Robinson, wearing a Renee Gork hat.

jbcarol

Tight end A.J. Branisel from Notre Dame Cathedral Latin School in South Euclid, Ohio, has committed to Tennessee.

Branisel had been committed to Cincinnati before Butch Jones left...

http://www.mrsec.com/2013/01/sec-commitment-roundup-1213/

jbcarol

Sadness in Athens: Longtime UGA DE commit Naim Mustafaa flips to Oklahoma State

QuoteThe 6-foot-4, 235-pound defensive end from Alpharetta High School said he let UGA's coaches know his decision a few days ago, and went public with it on Saturday. He starts college on Monday.

"I kept re-evaluating my decision, and I felt like Oklahoma State was better off for me," said Mustafaa over the telephone from Oklahoma City's airport.

"It's hard not going to Georgia because I'm from Georgia. But I want to go to the NFL one day, so I have got to do what's best for me."

Does Oklahoma State provide a better NFL opportunity for Mustafaa? "Not just that. But they have my major in Business. I'm going to try to open a sports bar one day. They've got a great hotel and industry program, and I will be learning about how to run a business."

Mustafaa said he broke the news to UGA's defensive coordinator, Todd Grantham.

Mustafaa's father is former Georgia Tech star, Najee Mustafaa (Reggie Rutland), who played seven seasons in the NFL.

After the defection, UGA dropped to 29 commitments for its 2013 class. The Bulldogs hope to sign 34-35 next month.

Mustafaa is the sixth recruit in this class to de-commit from UGA. Here are the others:

5-star RB Derrick Henry of Yulee, Fla...

jbcarol

LaSalle CB Jaleel Hytchye gave a verbal to Kentucky over Tennessee and Pitt.

jbcarol

Four-star receiver Demarcus Robinson (Fort Valley, Ga./Peach County) announced via Twitter that he had chosen Florida over Clemson. (Scheduled to enroll today.)

http://www.gatorsports.com/

jbcarol

Monday was a rough day for Clemson in the state of Georgia.

Two wide receivers from the state that had been committed to Clemson decided to go to other schools.

Lassiter High School's Ryan Jenkins flipped from Clemson (where his brother plays) to Tennessee (where his father played).

Demarcus Robinson also ended the year's wildest recruiting soap opera.

The AJC Super 11 wide receiver from Peach County High School originally committed to Clemson, switched to Florida, changed back to Clemson, de-committed last week from the Tigers at an all-star while wearing a Florida hat, was set to announce for a fourth time on NBC on Saturday but canceled because he wasn't ready, then announced on Twitter on Monday that he would be enrolling that same day at Florida.

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2013/01/07/clemson-loses-two-georgia-wrs-in-the-same-day/

jbcarol

After UGA lost Naim Mustafaa to Oklahoma State earlier this week, the Bulldogs set their sights on Chamblee High School defensive end Davin Bellamy.

And because former UGA recruiting coordinator Rodney Garner left for Auburn, Bellamy is now seriously considering the Bulldogs.

The 6-foot-5, 230-pound Bellamy, who is committed to Florida State, has set up an official visit to UGA for Jan. 25.

"I'm really feeling Georgia right now," Bellamy told the AJC on Tuesday night.

"Coach Garner invited me down one weekend for an unofficial visit to get a feeling for the campus," Bellamy said. "When we got down there, nobody knew about the meeting, and Coach Garner wasn't even there. My coach was (angry) because he wasted gas.

"That kind of cut Georgia out of the picture then because I felt like I wasn't wanted..."

Bellamy will visit Florida State this weekend, Tennessee on Jan. 18, UGA on Jan. 15 and either UCLA, Clemson or NC State on the final weekend before signing day.

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2013/01/09/davin-bellamy-will-longtime-fsu-commit-flip-to-uga/

jbcarol

Seven members of Florida's 2013 class have enrolled early at UF for the spring semester.

QuoteThe headliner is Belle Glades Glades Day running back Kelvin Taylor, who is the son of former UF and NFL running back Fred Taylor. The Under Armour All-American is ranked No. 1 at his position and No. 15 overall by ESPN.

JUCO offensive linemen signee Trenton Brown (Milledgeville Georgia Military) did not enroll early as planned because he came up a couple credits short. Brown will report in the summer with the incoming freshmen.

The Gators have 26 members in their 2013 class and currently have four more scholarships available without further attrition.

jbcarol

Mike Farrell@rivalsmike 37m 
Alex Anzalone will enroll at #Florida tomorrow, he is de-committed from #NotreDame due to the Brian Kelly interview w Eagles.

https://twitter.com/rivalsmike/status/289467650625658880

jbcarol

Quarterback Reese Phillips, who was the Most Valuable Player of the Tennessee High School East/West All-Star Classic in December, has enrolled at the University of Kentucky for the spring semester, head coach Mark Stoops announced Wednesday.

"We're excited about Reese getting started with us," Stoops said.  "Being able to enroll at mid-year and go through spring practice will greatly help his development."

Phillips graduated from high school a semester early in order to come to UK now.  He has enrolled along with two junior college players, tight end Steven Borden (son of Sting) and defensive end Za'Darius Smith, who signed in December. All three players will participate in spring practice.

http://vaughtsviews.com/stoops-excited-to-have-chattanooga-quarterback-reese-phillips-already-enrolled-at-kentucky/

jbcarol

It will be interesting to see the impact that new Georgia Tech defensive coordinator Ted Roof will have on recruiting.

Roof still carries a big name in the Atlanta area because of his accomplishments as a football player at Georgia Tech and Central Gwinnett.

QuoteOne name to watch is Trey Johnson, the Under Armour All-American linebacker who is committed to Ohio State.

Johnson played at Central Gwinnett, the same high school as Johnson (sic).

Johnson is so fond of Roof that he strongly considered making an official visit to Penn State this month...

Georgia Tech has 15 commitments for 2013, and could sign a few more.

RollHogTide

Quote from: ChicoHog on January 10, 2013, 11:00:29 pm
No matter how many times I read or hear explanations on how the "numbers" work I still don't get it.  How can they sign this many?  I thought SEC had a strict limit of 25 without any loopholes. 

I don't want to pretend that I know the exact answer, but here's how I understand it.  The real number is 85 scholarship athletes for a FBS school.  If some of the previous years scholarship athletes are no longer with the team due to injury, academic issues, being released or whatever other reason they are no longer a part of the team.  Those scholarships can be reused by a team as long as the incoming student athlete enrolls in the same school calendar year (Fall/Spring) as the scholarship was awarded. 

I believe the above is pretty accurate - here's the part that I'm not sure.  I was led to believe this can actually be retroactive for the previous two-years.  I believe this was put into place to help schools that have a number of underclassmen forgoing their Senior year.

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on January 10, 2013, 01:59:22 pm
"How do some SEC teams have more than 25 commitments when there's a 25-man cap on signees?"  Well, since the day the SEC implemented its new cap on football signees we at MrSEC.com have referred to it as a "soft" cap.  That's because it's not quite the hard and fast rule the league made it out to be.

When league presidents voted in the new regulation in 2011 — ignoring a unanimous "don't do it" vote from their own football coaches — they did not snuff out the practice of back-counting early enrollees.  And back-counting allows schools to count this year's signees against the previous year's class...

http://www.mrsec.com/2013/01/how-do-sec-teams-have-more-than-25-commitments-back-counting/

jbcarol

The son of one of UGA's most famous football players will take an official visit with the Bulldogs this weekend.

DeVondre Seymour is a 6-foot-6, 320-pound offensive lineman from North Gwinnett High School, and the son of NFL All-Pro defensive tackle Richard Seymour of the Oakland Raiders. The younger Seymour is a family relative who was adopted by the older Seymour.

The father and son will likely take the UGA trip together.

This will be the first official visit for Seymour, who is also being recruited by Alabama, Florida and Tennessee, among others.

UGA has 29 commitments, including four on the offensive line. The Bulldogs are hoping to sign at least one or two more, including 5-star Laremy Tunsil of Lake City, Fla.

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2013/01/10/surprise-son-of-nfl-star-will-visit-uga-this-weekend/

jbcarol

Bayside Academy linebacker/running back Jonathan Walton has become a hot commodity.

The 6-foot-1, 227-pound senior, who has been committed to Penn State, has added offers from Auburn, Tennessee and South Carolina in recent days.

Bayside Academy coach Phil Lazenby: "Once a couple of schools start jumping on board, it is like sharks with blood in the water. They all get on board. I don't know what Jonathan will do. He's committed to Penn State, and he likes it there. We'll have to see what happens."

"I'm just pretty excited right now," Walton said in a phone interview with AL.com this evening. "These are SEC offers, and that's big. I'm still committed to Penn State, but I'm going to take some visits and see what's out there."

Walton said most schools are recruiting him as a linebacker, though Auburn is looking at him more as a running back.

Walton committed to Penn State on an official visit in December. Since then, defensive coordinator Ted Roof has left the Nittany Lions to return to his alma mater, Georgia Tech.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/01/bayside_academy_lbrb_jonathan.html

jbcarol

3* OL/DT Lovell Peterson liked what he saw from Mark Stoops' program on his visit a few weeks back and committed to Kentucky earlier today. Peterson is a 2-way player who will probably project as an offensive lineman in college. He was ranked by Rivals as the 6th best Center in America and will come in and provide immediate depth to an interior line who is losing an NFL-caliber player in Larry Warford.

Franklin County WR Ryan Timmons has cancelled his Ohio State visit. Timmons has been looking for an offer from OSU for a while and maybe this is him giving up on the process.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=125329

jbcarol

Three members of South Carolina's 2013 football signing class began classes Monday and will be eligible to participate in spring practice.

Quarterback Connor Mitch of Raleigh, N.C., and offensive lineman D.J. Park of Dillon, S.C., are both high school seniors who graduated early. Cornerback Ronnie Martin is a transfer from Georgia Military College who originally signed with the Gamecocks in February 2011.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/59385/gamecocks-welcome-three-new-players

jbcarol

Georgia's big board
(Georgia can sign a total of 34, per my math, although no one at UGA has verified it. [nor will they.])

ALREADY ENROLLED (13) [including...]

ILB Reggie Carter (6-2, 230) ..... Snellville .......... 4 stars

S Tray Matthews (6-1, 192) ....... Newnan .............. 4 stars

QB Brice Ramsey (6-3, 197) .... Kingsland ........... 4 stars

COMMITMENTS (15) [including...]

OLB Leonard Floyd (6-5, 240) ...... Hargrave Military ... 4 stars

ILB Tim Kimbrough (5-11, 228) ..... Indianapolis ........ 4 stars

C Brandon Kublanow (6-2, 290) ..... Marietta ............ 4 stars

CB Brendan Langley (6-1, 180) ..... Marietta ............ 4 stars

NOTABLE TARGETS [including...]

DT Montravius Adams (6-4, 310) .... Vienna .............. 5 stars

DE Davin Bellamy (6-5, 235) ....... Atlanta ............. 4 stars

G Tyrone Crowder (6-1, 330) ....... Rockingham, N.C. .... 4 stars

ILB Reuben Foster (6-1, 240) ...... Auburn, Ala. ........ 5 stars

DT Toby Johnson (6-4, 310) ........ Hutchinson CC (Kan.). 4 stars

TB Alvin Kamara (5-10, 195) ....... Norcross ............ 4 stars

OLB Matthew Thomas (6-3, 210) ..... Miami, Fla. ......... 5 stars
This would be a coup for Georgia. It's not likely, but the Bulldogs are trying.OT Laremy Tunsil (6-6, 295) ....... Lake City, Fla. ..... 5 stars
If Georgia can sign Tunsil, and right now the Bulldogs are regarded as the favorite, he very well may be the starting left tackle in 2013.CB Shaq Wiggins (5-9, 160) ........ Tyrone .............. 4 stars

http://www.macon.com/2013/01/14/2315857/recruiting-georgias-big-board.html

jbcarol

Tennessee has announced five early enrollees from its 2013 signing class.

Four of the five are high school seniors who graduated early, and the fifth is junior college transfer Riyahd Jones. All five will be eligible to participate in spring practice.

The four high school players enrolling early are receiver Paul Harris of Accokeek, Md., athlete Lemond Johnson of Cooper City, Fla., athlete Jalen Reeves-Maybin of Clarksville, Tenn., and linebacker Corey Vereen of Winter Garden, Fla.

Jones is a cornerback from Garden City (Kan.) Community College.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/59459/tennessee-adds-five-early-enrollees

jbcarol

Kentucky has received a commitment from defensive tackle Regie Meant from Ida Baker in Cape Coral.

Kentucky has 19th commits; seven from Florida.

http://www.mrsec.com/category/recruiting/

jbcarol

UGa's Top Targets on the way to 34:

Reuben Foster: The linebacker with the Auburn tattoo

Montravius Adams: Adams visited Clemson over the weekend and, as recruits are wont to do, named the gang from Lake Hartwell his leader. However the fact that he didn't commit should be viewed as significant.

Toby Johnson: Wilson has also hit the ground running recruiting JUCO defensive tackle Toby Johnson, who recently said that Georgia is his leader

Davin Bellamy: Chamblee defensive end/linebacker Davin Bellamy had been committed to Florida State for months but has recently expressed strong interest in the Bulldogs. Bellamy didn't mince words in saying, in essence, that Rodney Garner was the reason he didn't consider Georgia after Garner dropped the ball on an unofficial visit Bellamy and his coach had set up, but for which no Bulldog coaches were actually present.

Shaquille Wiggins: Wiggins is nominally committed to the Bulldogs and has been for months. But he's continued to entertain attention from Florida, South Carolina, Ole Miss, and Texas A&M among others. He took a visit to Columbia over the weekend and is still planning trips to Oxford and College Station, where he's being recruited in part by former Sandy Creek teammate, former Auburn recruit, and current Aggie commit Jaquay Williams. It looks like opposing recruiters have gotten in Wiggins' ear about the number of defensive backs Georgia has committed.

Alvin Kamara: Kamara has decided to give the all-important final official visit to the Bulldogs, even though Alabama's Kirby Smart was pushing for it. Kamara denied rumors last week that he'd committed to the crimson Tide (sic) in the wake of their BCS triumph. In fact, there have been rumors circulating that Nick Saban and company have not taken off the table the idea of Kamara playing defensive back in Tuscaloosa. a prospect which he's been pretty clearly against.

http://www.dawgsports.com/2013/1/16/3857856/UGA-Signing-Day-Montravius-Adams-Alvin-Kamara-Reuben-Foster-Toby-Johnson-Bellamy

jbcarol

Nate Willis has committed to Kentucky. Willis, a 3-star CB/FS JUCO from Arizona, has asked to come in and be an immediate starter for the Cats

Height: 6'0
Weight" 180 lbs.
40 time: 4.4
Junior College: Arizona Western C.C. (2013)

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=125542

jbcarol

You're a pretty big deal if you're a high school junior and Mark Richt stops by to see you three weeks from signing day.

Cedartown High School's Nick Chubb is a pretty big deal.

He's likely the state's No. 1 prospect at running back for 2014.

Richt stopped by Cedartown on Monday in between visits to Walton and Kell high schools, among other places.

"It went good," Chubb told the AJC. "He came up to see me. We didn't talk much but he just wanted me to know that they're interested in me."

"It always means a lot when a head coach comes by to see you."

http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/college-recruiting/2013/jan/14/ugas-mark-richt-makes-time-one-states-top-juniors/

jbcarol

jbcarol

Shaq Wiggins from Sandy Creek High School in Tyrone, Ga., made that decision after an in-home visit from Georgia coach Mark Richt on Wednesday night.

"I am about to cut off all my official visits," Wiggins told ESPN RecruitingNation. "Richt says no more."

http://m.mrsec.com/2013/01/wiggins-cancels-visits-as-richt-says-no-more/

jbcarol

jbcarol

Orlando Freedom WR Jeff Badet sent an Instagram via Twitter of his hotel room in Lexington on his recruiting visit.

H/T: http://kentuckysportsradio.com

jbcarol

College of the Desert TE Brandon Vandenburg gave a verbal to Vanderbilt.

jbcarol

jbcarol

When Clemson lost two wide receivers from the state of Georgia on the same day two weeks ago, some dubbed it "Black Monday" for the Tigers.

However, Clemson rebounded from those disappointments on Sunday when Brookwood High School's Kyrin Priester switched his commitment to Clemson from N.C. State.

Priester had also been committed to UGA for a couple of months last spring. Priester was perhaps the state's hottest prospect over the last 10 days, picking up last-minute offers from Ohio State, Auburn and Clemson, among others.

Quote"Clemson is just a family, it's just a big family," Priester told the AJC on Sunday night. "All the coaches love you. Coach (Dabo) Swinney is a Christian. It's a great program, and it's only going to go up from there. It's a great opportunity for me. I feel like I can go in there and work hard for some early playing time."
  Priester took an official visit to Clemson this weekend, and spent most of time hanging out with a pair of All-Americans, wide receiver Sammy Watkins (his host) and quarterback Tahj Boyd. Priester decided to switch his pledge before leaving campus.
  "Coach Swinney is a great guy," Priester said...