Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

be careful what you post hog fans!

Started by bigpigpimpin, November 20, 2006, 04:35:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpigpimpin

I just had a guy call my cell phone and make some nasty comments and threats to my wife and me. from what he said he was obviously and lsu fan. I posted my phone number on here in the tickets forum a few weeks ago. And although this worked for me, and I would say this usually helps me get tickets faster, it gave some creep access to contact me. just be careful hog fans...... >:(

upperdeck_hawg

could you smell the smell of a wet dog over the receiver?
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

HatfieldHog

If this dude threatened you, call the law.  If you're willing to press charges, they can find out just where that call came from easily.

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

kitshicker

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on November 20, 2006, 04:35:56 pm
I just had a guy call my cell phone and make some nasty comments and threats to my wife and me. from what he said he was obviously and lsu fan. I posted my phone number on here in the tickets forum a few weeks ago. And although this worked for me, and I would say this usually helps me get tickets faster, it gave some creep access to contact me. just be careful hog fans...... >:(
That is beyond reproach....wish there was some way to trace the number and turn him in.

CallThemHawgs!

Ya dude, have em trace the call and take this bitch out... I wouldent even think twice about it.

kitshicker

If he used a cell, I don't think they can trace it.

pi

Quote from: kitshicker on November 20, 2006, 04:38:18 pm
That is beyond reproach....wish there was some way to trace the number and turn him in.

There is.  If this is true, there is an easy way for the law to find out who called:  phone records.

LA HAWG

Dang, Coon A$$es.  What an uncivilized bunch of red-necks.

kitshicker

Quote from: pi on November 20, 2006, 04:39:47 pm

There is.  If this is true, there is an easy way for the law to find out who called:  phone records.
My wife started receiving obscene calls a few months back, we reported it to the authorities and they said there was no way to trace the call if it was made from a cell phone.

HogasaurusRex

PM CabotHog and tell him what happened.  He works on the cell towers and might could get you the number.  He knows the laws as well concerning telecommunications.

jostrowski

check the recent received calls on your cell phone.  If you remember about the time was made, call your cell phone service to find the number.  You can review your bill on-line check that if your bill is itemized.

excoach

if you have caller Id, it should show the number where to call came from. then notify the police with the number.

kitshicker

TuckFexas

Tell him want to apologize in person for your remarks, then whip his a$$.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

cmakrzrbak

I'm surprised he didn't try to piss or spit on you over the phone.  Some of their fans belong in the asylum or prison instead of at football games.  Lousy cajun idiots.  It's not just us that say this, it's every other team in the SEC.
"You've got to give a little love to those who love to live"

Philip Lynott

hogsNbeer

Quote from: kitshicker on November 20, 2006, 04:42:21 pm

My wife started receiving obscene calls a few months back, we reported it to the authorities and they said there was no way to trace the call if it was made from a cell phone.

It's very tough..... I used to work for a Telecommunication company.....  Some good beer drinkin buddies of mine were engineers for the same company that delt with this stuff...... You can trace it, but a). it's very very hard to do and b). they have to be on the line........  Basically they have to use 3 towers and triangulate the call...... Just thought I'd let you know....but this was a few years back...

Calling All Hogs

November 20, 2006, 05:04:16 pm #17 Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 05:17:14 pm by CallMeHog
Quote from: hogmommy on November 20, 2006, 04:39:58 pm
Unbelievable.  Who has the time to troll an opponent message board, find one of the few phone #'s ever listed on here, and then make that call.  I would definitely file a police report.

Chill out everyone. The LSU guy is already serving life without a life. What can the cops (in another state) do to him
that being an inbred Cajun hasn't already done?

RazorDrummer

You guys need to stop using Cajun as a reference.  This guy was clearly a dumbarse and that has nothing to do with being Cajun. 
www.oreoblue.com (My Band)
www.theuncrownedkings.com (My other band)
www.honeyjackband.com (the new band 2016)
www.nwamsbl.com (Play Baseball in NWArkansas)
www.nwasox.com (My Team)

kitshicker

Quote from: hogsNbeer on November 20, 2006, 04:58:00 pm

It's very tough..... I used to work for a Telecommunication company.....  Some good beer drinkin buddies of mine were engineers for the same company that delt with this stuff...... You can trace it, but a). it's very very hard to do and b). they have to be on the line........  Basically they have to use 3 towers and triangulate the call...... Just thought I'd let you know....but this was a few years back...
Thanks for that info.......My wife had to wind up changing her phone number, then just give the new # to just family and work.............haven't had a problem since then.

OKhogfan1959

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: RazorDrummer on November 20, 2006, 05:04:50 pm
You guys need to stop using Cajun as a reference.  This guy was clearly a dumbarse and that has nothing to do with being Cajun. 

Sorry. Let me rephrase my post. Chill out everyone. The LSU guy is already serving life without a life. What can the cops (in another state) do to him that being an inbred swamp scum sucking SOB hasn't already done?  :D

pigfeet

Quote from: kitshicker on November 20, 2006, 05:05:01 pm

Thanks for that info.......My wife had to wind up changing her phone number, then just give the new # to just family and work.............haven't had a problem since then.

Whats her # again?  JK

Oliverhogman

If the coon ass is mad already.  Can you imagine how he will Saturday morning? 

Broken Trigger

Post again, and give him the number to the police instead of your number.  He'll probably be dumb enough to call them and threaten them. 

Razor6

Modify your old post and delete your number my friend...

-R6
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

gopigsgo

They will bring that terrible smell up here with them you know. We should set up state police shower stations at the border and also make sure they all go back!

Arazorbacknut

That is really creepy. I am a moderator on a different type of message board and a while back some creep to exception to some posts of his I deleted. He too found out some of my personal information and made comments about my young children.
I learned a valuable lesson. Sorry some weirdo did that to you, it leaves a weird feeling in your stomach.

weevilhogg

only a giant puss would pull such a stunt.  if he had half a sack, he'd have let his number show.

May the stings of a thousand fire ants annoint is genitals. . . .
Oh my!

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Yeah, and WHATEVER you do, DON'T let them know we might try to run the ball on 1st and 2nd down.  We CANNOT let them get a hold of that kind of information, either...

WPS
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

gopigsgo

lawdog

That is messed up.  The phone company may have the number in their records, but you may not be able to get it without a subpoena (I tried once to get a number, but didn't bother with a subpoena).  If you file a police report, the police may be able to obtain the phone records.
South Carolina: The Palmetto State
Home of the Fighting Gamecocks!

bao187

what do you think of my game sign click it to enlarge it
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

WoooPigSooie

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on November 20, 2006, 10:12:02 pm
Yeah, and WHATEVER you do, DON'T let them know we might try to run the ball on 1st and 2nd down.  We CANNOT let them get a hold of that kind of information, either...

WPS

NS you are such an idiot!!!   How else are we gonna set up the 3rd and long??
"The Heisman is supposed to define college football's most outstanding football player.

I saw him here Saturday night. Darren McFadden."

hogchic2001

Go HOGS Go!

pork-e-pine

LSU sucks...if anyone wants to call me about that my number is...
...911-4732
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;
But Id rather lose and have a good attitude than win and be like texas.
also...be nice, your mom could be reading this.

bao187

Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

lawdog

Quote from: mrszimme2001 on November 20, 2006, 10:25:10 pm
Hey lawdog...where have you been?

I've been around, checking things out.  I peruse the Tavern a good bit.  Since the S Carolina game is over, I obviously don't have as much to contribute to this board. 

However, I'm on the Arkansas bandwagon for the SECCG!!  WPS!! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
South Carolina: The Palmetto State
Home of the Fighting Gamecocks!

Broken Trigger

November 20, 2006, 10:36:43 pm #38 Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 10:38:35 pm by RazorbackRick
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on November 20, 2006, 10:12:02 pm

WPS

Oh great!  You let Nutt's gameplan out.  It doesn't do a bit of good to close practices with Hogvillians lurking around.   :)

hogs25

My co worker's friend got one of these 3am obscene calls from a cell phone and the caller used *67 before calling and the operator said that there was no way to find out who made that call.  It showed up private caller on the screen.  Not sure about call unknown but a call to the operator and they would know if you could trace it.

SawsageFest

Dude, you need to 69 his ass.  The phone company can tell you who was pulling that dick move.  I wouldn't lie down and take that from him.

arkfanchip

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on November 20, 2006, 04:41:01 pm
that would be great except it showed up "unknown"

Hey sorry to hear about what's going on. I didn't read the whole thread so this might have already been said.
But I work for the biggest cell phone company in the US. With a court order, you would be amazed at what records the Patriot ACT allows law enforcement agencies to get when it comes to cell phones. Under the ACT, phone records are kept for a surprising long time and have to be available very quickly. The info required is as basic as the two numbers involved and how long it lasted. And as detailed as the location of the towers used to transmit the phone calls. All this info is actually easy to database and just as easy to search and sort. You may not want to go as far as pressing charges but the info is there if needed. An order from a judge and an open investigation in a crime is needed to get the info needed. I also think what is available in a case is also based on relevance to the charges.

Hope this helps and you get this Bordeaux back. There is no need for such things and if possible the mods should track this guys down. Maybe HDN will see this thread and have a "win this one for BIGPIGPIMPIN" speech it worked for AWEburn.

GO HOGS GO!!!!!!

kitshicker

November 21, 2006, 08:01:24 am #42 Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 08:04:51 am by kitshicker
Quote from: pigfeet on November 20, 2006, 05:20:16 pm
Quote from: kitshicker on November 20, 2006, 05:05:01 pm

Whats her # again?  JK
1-900-****         lol