2 tablespoons vegetable oil

1 tablespoon soy sauce

2 to 3 teaspoons Tabasco sauce or more for hotter, or 1 tablespoon
Hot Seasoning Mix or W'ham Hot Stuff Seasoning

1-1/4 cups packed dark brown sugar

2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper

2 tablespoons garlic salt

1 tablespoon dry mustard

In a large saucepan, combine the tomato sauce, cola, vinegar, chili sauce, mustard, steak sauce, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, oil, soy sauce, and Tabasco. Stir well. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.

In a small bowl or glass jar with a lid, combine the brown sugar, pepper, garlic salt, and mustard. Stir or shake to blend.

Add the dry ingredients to the tomato mixture and stir well. Increase the heat to medium high and bring to a brisk simmer, stirring frequently. Cook for about 20 minutes or longer for thicker, more intensely flavored sauce. The longer the sauce cooks, the less is its final volume.

Cover the saucepan and reduce the heat to low. Cook for about 30 minutes until the flavors are well blended. Cool to tepid. Use immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Makes about 2 quarts.

mikeb

Quote from: RazorRichard on January 03, 2006, 02:22:47 pm
We need some of this at a tailgate. I love hot.
I'll hook a brother up...........I love hot myself.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Nice....most BBQ sauce is too bland and too sweet...this sounds just right!
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

HighOnHogs

January 17, 2006, 01:57:04 pm #3 Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 02:03:37 pm by HighOnHogs
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on January 06, 2006, 10:44:21 pm
Nice....most BBQ sauce is too bland and too sweet...this sounds just right!

Most of the time you can just add tabasco to any BBQ sauce and achieve greatness.  Also, add some horseradish for an extra bite too.

mikeb

Quote from: Mountainboar on January 22, 2006, 07:59:02 pm
Armstrong's sauce from Helena is the greatest. I need to figure out how to market that product so I can get rich. Most store bought sauce is pathetic. Cattleman's is the next best to Armstrong's.

I love to cook but never had the patience for sauces.
I sale the ingredients that go into Cattleman's....it's made by French's......I'm still trying to figure out how I can become rich on some of my blends........for now I'm happy with selling to the people who make this stuff up.

PigsEye

Quote from: Mountainboar on January 22, 2006, 07:59:02 pm
Armstrong's sauce from Helena is the greatest.  I need to figure out how to market that product so I can get rich.  Most store bought sauce is pathetic.  Cattleman's  is the next best to Armstrong's.

I love to cook but never had the patience for sauces.

Did you manage to get the recipe from Eddie?

From that same neck of the woods, Shadden's has a good hot sauce as well.