Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NBA officals

Started by HiggiePiggy, June 07, 2015, 10:14:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HiggiePiggy

Watching this Cleveland vs warriors game is really annoying.  These officials are calling nothing done to Lebron and calling all Ticky tack crap for warriors.   

This game should have been over in regulation.  The refs are trying to give this game to the Warriors. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

TomasPistola

Funny you think that. Lebron has gotten away with charging in the paint all series. Practically headbutting people while he's driving like a battering ram.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

HiggiePiggy

I haven't seen that much.  I pretty much see him being fouled just about every play.   Heck in overtime he was fouled at least 3 times that were not called.  Especially the jump ball where the guy is Pulling down on his shoulder.   Then curry jumps into a defensive player and a foul is called immediately.  It's some bs officiating.  If you aren't going to call the muggings Lebron gets then don't call the little touches that curry gets especially when he jumps into the defensive player.  That in my opinion should be a offensive foul. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

TomasPistola

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on June 07, 2015, 10:56:15 pm
I haven't seen that much.  I pretty much see him being fouled just about every play.   Heck in overtime he was fouled at least 3 times that were not called.  Especially the jump ball where the guy is Pulling down on his shoulder.   Then curry jumps into a defensive player and a foul is called immediately.  It's some bs officiating.  If you aren't going to call the muggings Lebron gets then don't call the little touches that curry gets especially when he jumps into the defensive player.  That in my opinion should be a offensive foul. 

I don't disagree about the Curry thing, but almost every PG/SG in the league does that. Chris Paul is one of the biggest offenders in that category. And James is getting calls. Not all of them, but he's getting them.
You were right.
You did a great job.
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

EastexHawg

Lebron lowers his shoulder and charges down the lane like a wishbone fullback hitting the one hole numerous times per game.  If someone gets in the way he just runs through him.  When was the last time a charge was called on him?

I mentioned it in another thread, but I'll bring it up again here.  Did anyone see the sequence at the end of the game last night?  Lebron shot the ball from the left side.  The ball hit the side of the backboard.  Golden State got the ball and brought it downcourt.  Curry had the ball near the top of the key when Lebron, after sprinting the length of the court, simply ran through him.  He hit Curry so hard, and cut his legs out from under so completely, that Curry hit the court like a six pin taken out by a 16 pound ball.  The ball shot out of his hands, a scrum ensued, and Golden State was called for a foul in the middle of the pileup.

How do the officials not see a 275 pound man run through and under the guy with the ball standing in the middle of the court?  It was a key point in the game as I think the Warriors could have either tied it up or at least gotten within a basket.

Jackrabbit Hog

Brought to you by the league that made Tim Donaghey and Joey Crawford famous.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on June 10, 2015, 10:46:34 am

Start watching at about the 3:20 mark.  How convenient for Lebron and the Cavs that he just happened to be under Curry when he "fell down" and lost the ball...

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2015/06/10/right-wrong-cavs-take-2-1-lead-over-warriors/

TomasPistola

Quote from: EastexHawg on June 10, 2015, 09:24:57 am
Lebron lowers his shoulder and charges down the lane like a wishbone fullback hitting the one hole numerous times per game.  If someone gets in the way he just runs through him.  When was the last time a charge was called on him?

I mentioned it in another thread, but I'll bring it up again here.  Did anyone see the sequence at the end of the game last night?  Lebron shot the ball from the left side.  The ball hit the side of the backboard.  Golden State got the ball and brought it downcourt.  Curry had the ball near the top of the key when Lebron, after sprinting the length of the court, simply ran through him.  He hit Curry so hard, and cut his legs out from under so completely, that Curry hit the court like a six pin taken out by a 16 pound ball.  The ball shot out of his hands, a scrum ensued, and Golden State was called for a foul in the middle of the pileup.

How do the officials not see a 275 pound man run through and under the guy with the ball standing in the middle of the court?  It was a key point in the game as I think the Warriors could have either tied it up or at least gotten within a basket.

This is exactly what I see as well. He also is hooking people everytime he backs them into the paint, he hooks with his elbow and spins. Hell, it's no wonder he's putting up 40 points.
You were right.
You did a great job.

EastexHawg

Quote from: TomasPistola on June 10, 2015, 09:36:36 pm
This is exactly what I see as well. He also is hooking people everytime he backs them into the paint, he hooks with his elbow and spins. Hell, it's no wonder he's putting up 40 points.

Yep.  The hooking is constant.  It's a staple of his game.  Another egregious move I saw a game or two back was when he tried to fake a defender into the air to draw a foul on a jump shot.  The guy (may have been Curry, don't remember for sure) tried to miss Lebron and was going to land to James' right.

Lebron not only jumped sideways to his right to initiate contact, but even extended his right elbow well away from his body and into the defender's chest.

He's a bull in a china closet and the officials let him get away with it on a regular basis.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on June 10, 2015, 10:46:34 am

Funny you mention Crawford.  This man makes it a point to stand out in every game he ref's and the NBA still allows him to do so. He made multiple out of position calls just last night that he was shielded from players, there would be a ref right in front of hte call, but in comes crawford with an anticipation whistle.  The guy feels he has to become part of the game.  The man should have never been allowed back in the game.

hvsupastar

How anyone could think refs are ever against LBJ is beyond me. He commits either an offensive foul or travels every other possession but it's not ever called.
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

TomasPistola

Quote from: EastexHawg on June 12, 2015, 10:00:16 am
Yep.  The hooking is constant.  It's a staple of his game.  Another egregious move I saw a game or two back was when he tried to fake a defender into the air to draw a foul on a jump shot.  The guy (may have been Curry, don't remember for sure) tried to miss Lebron and was going to land to James' right.

Lebron not only jumped sideways to his right to initiate contact, but even extended his right elbow well away from his body and into the defender's chest.

He's a bull in a china closet and the officials let him get away with it on a regular basis.

That was Igudola. I remember that play. Complete crap.
You were right.
You did a great job.

Buff

Quote from: hvsupastar on June 12, 2015, 07:07:17 pm
How anyone could think refs are ever against LBJ is beyond me. He commits either an offensive foul or travels every other possession but it's not ever called.

5 steps?  Nothing to see here....

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: onebadrubi on June 12, 2015, 06:35:42 pm
Funny you mention Crawford.  This man makes it a point to stand out in every game he ref's and the NBA still allows him to do so. He made multiple out of position calls just last night that he was shielded from players, there would be a ref right in front of hte call, but in comes crawford with an anticipation whistle.  The guy feels he has to become part of the game.  The man should have never been allowed back in the game.

This.  Every game Crawford refs it seems like there is some wft call or whistle that he is involved in.

EastexHawg

If the officials call a foul half the time LeBron clears out the defender with an arm bar with as he drives to the basket he will foul out in the first quarter.

TomasPistola

Thought the officials missed alot of calls on both sides tonight. Pretty evenly terrible. First time it's been called even anything though, so I'll take it. I'm sure the NBA is loving the ratings though so I expect to see alot of BS calls in 6 so we get a game 7 outta this.
You were right.
You did a great job.

onebadrubi

Quote from: TomasPistola on June 15, 2015, 12:43:11 am
Thought the officials missed alot of calls on both sides tonight. Pretty evenly terrible. First time it's been called even anything though, so I'll take it. I'm sure the NBA is loving the ratings though so I expect to see alot of BS calls in 6 so we get a game 7 outta this.

While I think you are correct in the NBA wanting a game 7, I am not sure cleveland has the legs to keep game 6 close late. 

EastexHawg

Quote from: TomasPistola on June 15, 2015, 12:43:11 am

The kicked ball at midcourt by Dellavedova was a criminally bad missed call.  How can officials miss something so obvious?  The black guy who spent most of his time on the baseline under the Cleveland basket made some horrendous calls, so bad you have to question how he could have honestly made them.  At least one of them got overturned by another official who isn't quite as blind or biased, but...

Speaking of Dellavedova (or however you spell it), I loved seeing Curry fake him out of his jock and stick those shots in his face.  So much for the "Curry Stopper"...

Mark Jackson's love affair with LeBron, and to a lesser extend Jeff Van Gundy's, is hard to listen to.  Jackson interprets every play, every call, every situation in whatever way will benefit LeBron and the Cavaliers.  They both complain about how much contact LeBron receives, but then we watch replays of LeBron driving to the basket while knocking his defender away with a forearm shiver, or simply lowering his shoulder and charging through everyone in his path, and they ignore it as if it didn't happen.

TomasPistola

Quote from: EastexHawg on June 15, 2015, 09:50:11 am
The kicked ball at midcourt by Dellavedova was a criminally bad missed call.  How can officials miss something so obvious?  The black guy who spent most of his time on the baseline under the Cleveland basket made some horrendous calls, so bad you have to question how he could have honestly made them.  At least one of them got overturned by another official who isn't quite as blind or biased, but...

Speaking of Dellavedova (or however you spell it), I loved seeing Curry fake him out of his jock and stick those shots in his face.  So much for the "Curry Stopper"...

Mark Jackson's love affair with LeBron, and to a lesser extend Jeff Van Gundy's, is hard to listen to.  Jackson interprets every play, every call, every situation in whatever way will benefit LeBron and the Cavaliers.  They both complain about how much contact LeBron receives, but then we watch replays of LeBron driving to the basket while knocking his defender away with a forearm shiver, or simply lowering his shoulder and charging through everyone in his path, and they ignore it as if it didn't happen.

I saw that too. Crossed Delly over a couple of times then popped that shot in his face. I like the way Delly plays though, I'll admit.  He's a good energy guy. Wouldn't mind having him on the Spurs.

I agree about Mark Jackson. I wonder if he's just a little bitter that it's Kerr taking the Warriors to the promised land and not himself. It's gotta be at least a little bit of an ego bruiser.
You were right.
You did a great job.

TomasPistola

Quote from: onebadrubi on June 15, 2015, 09:31:22 am
While I think you are correct in the NBA wanting a game 7, I am not sure cleveland has the legs to keep game 6 close late. 

Blatt has to unleash the entire bench. It's his only chance. Hell, why not play Shawn Marion? Maybe he catches fire and you get 12 outta him instead of the JR Smith brick fest? Sure, Lebron could continue to get 40 going iso against a random Warriors player. But you know the Warriors are gonna score at least double that.
You were right.
You did a great job.

EastexHawg

I think Barbosa is Shawn Marion's Mini-Me.  They both have funky looking shots that when released make you think, "What the...".  Then they go in.

onebadrubi

Blatt has shown why he isn't a top tier coach in my opinion.  His lack of managing minutes better is criminal. 

Mark Jackson often gives curry props.  I don't think he's as bad as you guys lead on.  He's there to do exactly what you are criticizing him for.  I actually like hearing his thoughts on calls, like that flagrant one when JR smith leveled green I think it was.

TomasPistola

Officials turned the screws a bit in the 2nd quarter. Not surprising considering how the Warriors were playing. Lebron is still charging into the lane.
You were right.
You did a great job.

EastexHawg

Oh, how I have enjoyed the ESPN talking heads taking turns tongue bathing LeBron.  Wilbon doing a feature, Legler talking about how sorry he feels for him, and of course Stephen A. Smith offering yet another ode to LeBron.

Greatest performance ever...yep.  13-33 from the field and losing in six games is every bit as good as Jordan seemingly making every shot he looked at in the first half against the Suns and hitting the game winner to go 6-0 in Finals in his last game as a Bull.

I'm glad the commentators reminded me that I have never seen anything or anyone better, because otherwise I would have probably thought I have.

TomasPistola

It was glorious to see LeFraud lose another one. I didn't watch ESPN, I watched the NBA network so it wasn't quite as bad.

I am SO tired of hearing how tired Lebron is. I'm over it. Man up, and take over the game and yell at your teammates to get their heads outta their asses. He looked like a big baby the entire game. Just like he did in game 6 last year. JR Smith almost pulled them back into that game and if Lebron hadn't been having a pity party they might have pulled off a miracle. Best player ever my ass.
You were right.
You did a great job.

EastexHawg

There is no comparison between Jordan and LeBron in on-court performance, and the difference between them in competitive spirit and taking over games in the clutch is massive.

Personally I wouldn't put LeBron on my all-time starting five, much less in the conversation for best ever.  In fact, if they were both in their primes at the same time I would take Kobe (dang, it hurts to say that) over LeBron all day every day. 

I liked Curry's rather subtle comment after game five when asked about LeBron's performance.  He said something like,  "He has the ball in his hands a lot."  32 points is great, but it took him 33 shots to get there in Game 6.

onebadrubi

^^^ you two guys are comical.  You allow your dislike of Lebron to cloud your ability to view what just happened the right way. 

Lebron carried a very POOR roster to the finals and was able to win two games.  There is NO player every in the game that would have won that finals if you were to replace Lebron with that player.  Basketball, especially the NBA, is an ISO game but you still need some other players.  Is he the best player ever?  I personally think that conversation isn't even worth discussing because I don't honestly know.  But to not look at what just concluded and not recognize it for what it was is disgraceful.  You give the cavs their full roster and it's a different series, and one in which I would still have been pulling for the warriors, but it would have been a completely different series.

TomasPistola

Quote from: onebadrubi on June 17, 2015, 11:14:38 am
^^^ you two guys are comical.  You allow your dislike of Lebron to cloud your ability to view what just happened the right way. 

Lebron carried a very POOR roster to the finals and was able to win two games.  There is NO player every in the game that would have won that finals if you were to replace Lebron with that player.  Basketball, especially the NBA, is an ISO game but you still need some other players.  Is he the best player ever?  I personally think that conversation isn't even worth discussing because I don't honestly know.  But to not look at what just concluded and not recognize it for what it was is disgraceful.  You give the cavs their full roster and it's a different series, and one in which I would still have been pulling for the warriors, but it would have been a completely different series.

I blame the coaching far more than Lebron for this finals meltdown. Your shooters are dragging ass the last 3 games of the series and you still refuse to go deeper in your bench? Delly was sucking wind after game 2. JR Smith was good for one quarter a game. You couldn't find a use for Marion or Mike Miller? That roster wasn't as poor as people seem to believe. Perkins is sitting at the end of that bench. You telling me you couldn't put that man in there if nothing else, to spell their bigs and maybe rough up Draymon Green? Blatt should be fired IMO.

I DO blame Lebron for playing the same passive game in this game 6 he did last year against the Spurs in game 5. When facing elimination he just seems to regress IMO. Sure, he'll still put up some points, and stuff a stats sheet, but there's no leadership there. The only player that still gave a damn was JR Smith the last 3 minutes of that game.

Yeah, it would have been different if Kyrie and Kevin were able to play. Honestly, I don't think Kyrie would have been enough for the Cavs to pull it out. Kevin Love would have made a bigger difference to me.
You were right.
You did a great job.

EastexHawg

And the Golden State roster is loaded?  The next best player after Curry is Klay Thompson and he had a poor Finals.

Who else besides Curry would have been a starter on the championship Spurs, Lakers, Bulls, Celtics, or Pistons teams?

LeBron has won two titles, both when he played on a team that was bought and assembled from among all-stars.  He got beaten by one man (Dirk) and a roster of mostly role players one year, so it can be done.