Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chaney was not happy here....new article from Pitt

Started by twistitup, April 15, 2015, 04:03:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

April 15, 2015, 04:03:52 pm Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 04:15:03 pm by twistitup
"You want to enjoy going to work"

I guess this wasn't the best situation for him....

http://m.pittnews.com/sports/article_d091dcae-dd8f-11e4-8a33-5f26bb2363fd.html?mode=jqm
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

grayhawg

Quote from: twistitup on April 15, 2015, 04:03:52 pm
"You want to enjoy going to work"

I guess this wasn't the best situation for him....

http://m.pittnews.com/sports/article_d091dcae-dd8f-11e4-8a33-5f26bb2363fd.html?mode=jqm

Now he and I are both happy, He is happy to be somewhere else and I am thrilled he is gone almost danced a jig when he left.

theFlyingHog

Sounds like he hated it here. I would guess he felt like CBB was younger in the profession than he was and thought CBB should look up to him. Just a thought

longbore

Chaney felt he couldn't communicate with Bielema?

Bebop

"Predictability doesn't bother me if you end up with a 'W' on the scoreboard"

lol

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Pitt has been underachieving for several years now. Hope he can help them out.
Let's make some waves.

DeltaBoy

He was not happy so he left.  I hope he can help Pitt.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

twistitup

Quote from: longbore on April 15, 2015, 08:26:46 pm
Chaney felt he couldn't communicate with Bielema?

He was not fast to pick up Hoginese....and now he's on to Pantherese -

Wildhog

I mean, if I'm Robb Smith, I would have HATED Chaney last year.  If Chaney was halfway competent, we would have won a lot of games with Smith's defense.  I'm sure he got reamed a few times by Bielema.

When you suck at your job, you're not going to enjoy going to work.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

cosmodrum

Of course he'll be happy that close to Primanti Bros. I would be.
Go away, batin'

longbore

There is an article From 2012 you can google entitled,"Badgers football: Offense was power struggle for Matt Canada,  Bret Bielema." It might explain what Chaney was experiencing at Arkansas or not.

Hawgndaaz

No love lost. Glad he went elsewhere to be happy. Sometimes its just not the right fit for everyone. He helped us out of a very crappy time so thanks for that.

twistitup

Quote from: longbore on April 23, 2015, 12:51:46 pm
There is an article From 2012 you can google entitled,"Badgers football: Offense was power struggle for Matt Canada,  Bret Bielema." It might explain what Chaney was experiencing at Arkansas or not.

Links are easy....link?

DeltaBoy

Chaney drove me crazy at times last year. He got us going in the right direction so I go no hard feelings.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

longbore

twistitup

Quote from: cosmodrum on April 23, 2015, 12:14:45 pm
Of course he'll be happy that close to Primanti Bros. I would be.

Damn right about that. Primanti Bros
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: Wildhog on April 23, 2015, 10:57:09 am
I mean, if I'm Robb Smith, I would have HATED Chaney last year.  If Chaney was halfway competent, we would have won a lot of games with Smith's defense.  I'm sure he got reamed a few times by Bielema.

When you suck at your job, you're not going to enjoy going to work.

Not saying you were one, but weren't many on here raving about his previous success at other places?
Let's make some waves.

factchecker

April 23, 2015, 06:47:22 pm #18 Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 07:13:38 pm by factchecker
Looks like Chaney is already making an impact for Pitt-- excerpt from their spring game report:

"All of the game's points were scored in first half, while the Blue clinched the game in the final minutes with an interception in the end zone by Jalen Williams to secure the victory."

link: 
http://www.pittsburghpanthers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/041815aab.html

stats:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/pitt/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2014-15/misc_non_event/BlueGold15.pdf
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

HogPound

PorkRinds

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on April 23, 2015, 04:59:28 pm
Not saying you were one, but weren't many on here raving about his previous success at other places?

Oh no you didn't. Wildhog had a thriving passionate hatred for Chaney.  Even down to his waist size.

twistitup

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 23, 2015, 10:15:16 pm
Oh no you didn't. Wildhog had a thriving passionate hatred for Chaney.  Even down to his waist size.

The elevator situation did not help him

hoglady

Sounds like Beliema and Chaney just were never a good fit and never would be.
Hopefully, Enos and Beliema are on the same page.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Hogfaniam

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Let's make some waves.

Piggage

Quote from: twistitup on April 23, 2015, 10:53:54 am
He was not fast to pick up Hoginese....and now he's on to Pantherese -

I prefer to call it Pittish.

Wildhog

Yes, many were.  I was not one of them.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

TrueBlue

Chaney was ok for the first four series of each game and then he was already out of plays.

The Hogfather

Quote from: grayhawg on April 15, 2015, 04:42:33 pm
Now he and I are both happy, He is happy to be somewhere else and I am thrilled he is gone almost danced a jig when he left.

Completely agree.  He was not a good fit here.

Dr. Starcs

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: TrueBlue on April 24, 2015, 11:43:07 am
Chaney was ok for the first four series of each game and then he was already out of plays.

"All of the game's points were scored in first half, while the Blue clinched the game in the final minutes with an interception in the end zone by Jalen Williams to secure the victory."
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Hog N Bama

Great post brother.

Sivad

There's some truth there.

Hogsmo Kramer

Agree.

The O would look decent during the first drive scripted series then a couple after that and nothing.

He sucked plain and simple. He wasn't creative, he wasn't innovative, and our O was anemic in the second half under his tutelage.

We're better off that he moved on (or was encouraged to) and it's sounds like he's happy he did too so win, win.

Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on April 23, 2015, 04:58:09 pm
Damn right about that. Primanti Bros
sandwiches look good, but you can walk through the French Quarter and find 4 or 5 deli's that make sandwiches that don't resemble texas toast, cabbage salad and meat....in other words, doesn't compare to N'awlins
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on May 03, 2015, 12:03:06 am
sandwiches look good, but you can walk through the French Quarter and find 4 or 5 deli's that make sandwiches that don't resemble texas toast, cabbage salad and meat....in other words, doesn't compare to N'awlins

I can't because I can't handle New Orleans. The smell alone is enough to keep me out of that city!

Let's make some waves.

gawntrail

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on May 03, 2015, 08:16:01 pm

I can't because I can't handle New Orleans. The smell alone is enough to keep me out of that city!

My Dad lives in Maurpas.  The putrid decaying organic stank at the edge of the bayous keeps me away. 

gawntrail

Chaney being gone is his best contribution.  Its not possible for an OC to look as good as the opening scripts and then face plant EVERY game.  BB carried him and when the opportunity was right he walked him off the porch.  I know from my own experience(s) in the booth, on the sidelines, and behind closed doors, there had to be meltdown after meltdown when addressing the O side of the ball each week....

Johnny Mac class meltdowns......

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: gawntrail on May 08, 2015, 09:33:41 pm
Chaney being gone is his best contribution.  Its not possible for an OC to look as good as the opening scripts and then face plant EVERY game.  BB carried him and when the opportunity was right he walked him off the porch.  I know from my own experience(s) in the booth, on the sidelines, and behind closed doors, there had to be meltdown after meltdown when addressing the O side of the ball each week....

Johnny Mac class meltdowns......

Most people celebrated the day that Chaney left. I was one of them. I think his roll out passes were annoying. Just like Chris Ash I was pleased to see Chaney go elsewhere.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Bebop on April 15, 2015, 09:17:55 pm

"Predictability doesn't bother me if you end up with a 'W' on the scoreboard"

lol

Yeah, pretty funny statement coming from an Offensive Coordinator, whose plays & plans are usually designed on keeping the defense guessing.  That is often how you end up with those...."W's"... on the scoreboard.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

jkstock04

Are you kidding? Not only that but the majority of our media and fan base probably still claim all was well and his offense is one of the most sophisticated in all of college football.

Most of the loudest supporters still came out and spun excuses even after his departure. Comical really.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys