Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Campgrounds around Razorback stadium

Started by HoginMichigan, April 19, 2017, 09:20:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HoginMichigan

I apologize because I think this has been discussed in the past, but I do not know how to search through older posts. Is there a campground around the stadium for travel trailers besides the Road Hogs park? My family just purchased a new trailer and want to spend some extended time around a couple games this year (we live in Misery (Missouri) now). Might even camp during one of the "big games" and watch the game from the trailer but still enjoy some tailgating.

Thanks in advance for your help.  :razorback:

HouSwine

Devil's Den State Park is kind of close and nice

FANONTHEHILL

Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Boardon Hamsay

There's several KOA locations around Yosemite that, for me, are the apex of camping.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HoginMichigan on April 19, 2017, 09:20:16 pm
I apologize because I think this has been discussed in the past, but I do not know how to search through older posts. Is there a campground around the stadium for travel trailers besides the Road Hogs park? My family just purchased a new trailer and want to spend some extended time around a couple games this year (we live in Misery (Missouri) now). Might even camp during one of the "big games" and watch the game from the trailer but still enjoy some tailgating.

It is close to Beaver Lake a big Corp of Engineers reservoir with the associated campgrounds they normally have. Probably about 6 or 8 large camping areas. All are about 30 minutes to an hour away. Also about three state parks within that same time frame and one National forest area camp ground at Lake Wedington. That one and the State Parks fill up fast however. There are some private campgrounds in and around the area.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

jacobp

Pratt Place has a few spots that will accommodate your trailer. At one point they had no water/power hookups but I think they've remedied that since. Good place to tailgate and hangout and they do free shuttles down the hill to the stadium and back.

code red

Quote from: jacobp on April 20, 2017, 12:35:57 pm
Pratt Place has a few spots that will accommodate your trailer. At one point they had no water/power hookups but I think they've remedied that since. Good place to tailgate and hangout and they do free shuttles down the hill to the stadium and back.

Might wanta double check last year Pratt was closed to tailgaters.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Road Hog Park???  Are you going to the game??
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

bennyl08

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on April 20, 2017, 06:18:43 am
There's several KOA locations around Yosemite that, for me, are the apex of camping.

Sorry, I threw up in my mouth a bit. Not at Yosemite, but KOA as the apex of camping.

Especially in Yosemite, you gotta strap on your backpack and head out into the wilderness.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

ChitownHawg

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 20, 2017, 01:43:00 pm
Sorry, I threw up in my mouth a bit. Not at Yosemite, but KOA as the apex of camping.

Especially in Yosemite, you gotta strap on your backpack and head out into the wilderness.

You mean where the bugs and bears live?  8)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

hawgwatcher

We camped at Devils Den for all home games for five yrs straight. Great park and beautiful scenery/trails for Sunday! Reservations are limited. We would call and reserve our spot as soon as the schedule came out. We would drive up from Benton after work on Friday evening.  If you have kids they have a nice pool and paddle boats, too. Absolutely beautiful when the leaves change.
"Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing"- Vince Lombardi

hogtilicus

Devil's Den for sure. Beautiful scenery and cool hiking trails.

Inhogswetrust

April 23, 2017, 08:12:20 am #13 Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 09:48:50 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: hogtilicus on April 22, 2017, 10:30:37 pm
Devil's Den for sure. Beautiful scenery and cool hiking trails.

I've tried there before and could never get a site during a game weekend and that was trying to book in advance a little. I'd be surprised if they aren't already booked up.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hawgXi

Quote from: HoginMichigan on April 19, 2017, 09:20:16 pm

congrats on great new rig!

you'll have the best times of your life camping & tailgating this season!

Snorts

We camp extensively in the NWA area.  Times to the exit for Razorback Road (towing...your truck will make better time) from various local campgrounds we stay at:

Devil's Den SP 30 minutes give or take.  DD is a great area, especially campground "E".  It has full hookups.  Make reservations early, however.

Lake Fort Smith SP 45 minutes up old Highway 71.  Our favorite spot, very new, and has full hookups in 20 sites, water and 30 amp in 10 more.  Dump station available.

Withrow Springs SP (Huntsville)  45 minutes via Hwy 412 and SH 45.  You will have to drive thru town to get to the stadium.  Nice campground, as are almost all Arkansas State Park venues.  Full hookups at all sites.  Also very new, the old sites were washed away in a flood a few years ago.

Horseshoe Bend  45 minutes via I49 and old Highway 71 into Rogers.  It is a Corp of Engineers park, cheaper than the State Parks.  Good campground.  A few sites have water, none have sewer, though there is a dump station.

Hickory Creek  30 minutes via I49.  Electricity only.  Also a Corps of Engineers park. 

OK.  Devils Den, LFS and Withrow have limited Cell coverage.  Streaming a game will be iffy.  LFS does have good cell coverage if you are on AT&T.  HB and HC are good to go as far as cell coverage.

Edit:  Be prepared to navigate narrow roads and steep hills to get to these great spots.

thebignasty

The giant tunnel network under campus
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes