Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We know PBev is staying, what about...

Started by Hogtropolis™, April 03, 2007, 09:11:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogtropolis™

Washington, Welsh, and McGowen?  Any news on what they are planning to do?  What about our two recruits Rakestraw and Bush?  I heard Bush withdrew his commitment, but is there still a possibility of retaining him?  And I haven't heard anything about Rakestraw.

I know that after McCurdy transferred we now have 3 scholarships open, and I hate to say this, but it I would like to see McGowen transfer as well so we can have 4 scholarships to give out this year.

Along these same lines, is there any news if P'Allen Stinnett (4-star - #24 SG in nation) who was committed to Creighton might change his commitment to Arkansas now that Altman is here.  Also Altman had a 3-star PF committed to Creighton by the name of Kenton Walker.  Has anyone heard what the chances of them coming to Arkansas are?

Ugly Uncle

I hope McCurdy changes his mind and stays.
Retired Radio Host

razornole

it is widely assumed that Rake likes the hire and is staying
Broyles is Porter Waggoner trying to play hip-hop - John Brummett

cmakrzrbak

Looks like all are on board except for Townes.  He said he still needs to think about it.
"You've got to give a little love to those who love to live"

Philip Lynott

razornole

McCurdy was not at the pc and has made up his mind so sayeth Rick

cmakrzrbak

Quote from: uglyuncle on April 03, 2007, 09:12:47 am

Are you serious?  Have you seen the schools he is looking at?  We need a good PG, not a crappy one.
"You've got to give a little love to those who love to live"

Philip Lynott

razornole

Is Townes the punk that got into a fight last year and left the bench this past season?

hogsanity

McCurdy neds to leave, we need room for an actul SEC calibre player.  Washngton stays, he will fit nicely in a high post style offense.  McGowan, my guess is he leaves.  Bush, may not qualify wherever he goes.  Rakestraw is coming.  Welsh stays, good shooter, could be a sniper in a highpost style offense.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: uglyuncle on April 03, 2007, 09:12:47 am
I'm sorry, but I'll have to disagree with you on this one.  I think we've seen about all we are going to see out of McCurdy.  I think the class of 2005 was a waste of 2 scholarships.  JMO.

OzarkHighs

hogsanity

Quote from: cmakrzrbak on April 03, 2007, 09:14:27 am
Looks like all are on board except for Townes.  He said he still needs to think about it.

Unless Altman can convince Townes that he will get 30 shots per game ( of which 15 will end up being missed layups ) Townes will leave, and I hope he does. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

OzarkHighs

McCurdy won't be able to hang in 40 min of press...

Good luck where ever he goes...but please go.

Hogtropolis™

I know that Townes may not like the dismissal of Heath, but IMO it would be a very dumb move to transfer right before your senior season.

pigmania

I hope everyone stays but McGowan and Hunter. As far as I'm concerned they can hit the road jack and never come back.

skcusnotsouh

DownSyndromeTownes can leave if he wants....
He looks like he is sleep about 90% of the time

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: pigmania on April 03, 2007, 09:18:27 am
I hope everyone stays but McGowan and Hunter. As far as I'm concerned they can hit the road jack and never come back.
I saw someone posting on this last night.  How can Hunter transfer?  He already used his redshirt year and from my understanding, if he transferred, he would have to sit out his senior season.  Am I thinking about this correctly?

razorpimp

Some house cleaning needs to occur:

McCurdy - needs to play D2 ball
Townes - cancer of the team, couldn't hang with having to run up and down the court every game

Actually, I think Hunter could do better in his type of defense that doesn't rely on having to block out, etc as much.  He could be an asset as a full court press type of guy if he could get in better shape.  Our team needs to run.........

zebra

He just wants some attention.

TheShow

You are right.  Hunter cannot transfer, Townes cannot transfer.  Hunter can hit the intramural league for all I care, but we are going to need Townes this next year if we want to make a run at the sec west and possibly in the tourney!

hogstorm

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on April 03, 2007, 09:21:33 am
I saw someone posting on this last night.  How can Hunter transfer?  He already used his redshirt year and from my understanding, if he transferred, he would have to sit out his senior season.  Am I thinking about this correctly?
I dont think you lose any time if you transfer even if you used your redshirt.  You just have to sit a year and then resume wherever you left off...at least that what i thought but who knows.

mattfromhuntsville

Why on gods green earth would someone want McCurdy to stay???  He can't play SEC ball, everyone can see that.  Vincent Hunter needs to transfer to UCA or somewhere, he's delusional if he thinks it was Stan's fault he wasn't playing.  Take a look in the mirror Vincent.  We need a Pat Bradley BAD.  We have got to get a consistant 3 point threat.   

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: skcusnotsouh on April 03, 2007, 09:19:35 am

classy.  dipshiite

I don't understand what the deal with McGowan is.  I thought we saw flashes where he could be a good player.  Isn't it at least worth giving him a shot??
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

OzarkHighs

I don't care if Hunter turns out to be a star, he should go for crap he spewed after Heath was released.

Hogtropolis™

April 03, 2007, 09:28:49 am #23 Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 09:30:56 am by Hogtropolis™
I was just looking over my statement some more and the only way that this could be prevented from happening is if Hunter transfers to a D-II school.  That would not include a school like UAPB that is D-I AAA or UCA that is D-I AA.  It would have to be a school like Arkansas Tech or OBU or Henderson or UA-Monticello or SAU.  I don't think he will leave to go play at that low of a level.  JMO.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: hogstorm on April 03, 2007, 09:26:38 am
I dont think you lose any time if you transfer even if you used your redshirt.  You just have to sit a year and then resume wherever you left off...at least that what i thought but who knows.

Wrong.  You still have only 5 years to play 4 unless given a medical redshirt, where you have 6 years to play 4. 

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on April 03, 2007, 09:29:29 am

Wrong.  You still have only 5 years to play 4 unless given a medical redshirt, where you have 6 years to play 4. 
If I remember correctly, Hunter's redshirt was because of medical reasons.  Did they count that as a medical redshirt or just a regular one?  And if it was a medical redshirt, I am assuming that he would still have a redshirt year left.

jhudson84

I believe McGowan can become a useful player, Townes has regressed since his Fr year.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: TheShow on April 03, 2007, 09:26:10 am
You are right.  Hunter cannot transfer, Townes cannot transfer.  Hunter can hit the intramural league for all I care, but we are going to need Townes this next year if we want to make a run at the sec west and possibly in the tourney!
Townes can transfer to a D-I school if he wants to.  He hasn't used his redshirt yet, which means he can transfer, sit out next year, then play his senior season which would be the 2008-2009 season.

Conway Cool Daddy

McCurdy really needs to stay. He will never be the starter at point, but every team needs role players.

He could avg 15 minutes/game or more next year. We will not press 40 minutes with PB, GE, SW all playing more than
30 minutes per game ( Like this year) . We just can't do it. We are in desperate need of guards.
Welsh will be a great help, and hopefully this Bush kid will pan out, but we still need bodies.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on April 03, 2007, 09:33:17 am

If I remember correctly, Hunter's redshirt was because of medical reasons.  Did they count that as a medical redshirt or just a regular one?  And if it was a medical redshirt, I am assuming that he would still have a redshirt year left.

I'm not sure which kind of redshirt year he took.  I THINK that you can't take your medical redshirt unless you have already taken your redshirt year.  Either way, I hope he's gone. 

BringBackGusMalzon

Hope McCurdy Stays???  Please...If he played like Florida's gaurd yes...or any other gaurd in the SEC yes.  McCurdy...cmon now! 

fluffy1128

Townes will probablly leave.  He can probablly all ready see that DA will not be as forgiving to his antics as SH

jhudson84

Quote from: BringBackGusMalzon on April 03, 2007, 09:42:16 am
Hope McCurdy Stays???  Please...If he played like Florida's gaurd yes...or any other gaurd in the SEC yes.  McCurdy...cmon now! 

Whose this Malzon fellow in your handle name?

Hogcalla

Townes said that he is staying in the paper this morning.

tsturg8738

wirebender25

Townes can take his lazy butt to South Florida.

wirebender25

Quote from: Mid Major Legs™ on April 03, 2007, 09:51:36 am
Quote from: wirebender25 on April 03, 2007, 09:48:06 am

He would fit in well.

Personally, I'd like to see Altman yank a knot in him and have the kid reach his potential for his senior year.  He's a 15/8 guy in the SEC with his talent.

He has all the potential in the world but sometimes it seems he doesn't care.

dotnet

I know everyone is hard on Hunter, and no one was harder last year than me, but I want him to stay.  I think there are two big keys that we need to mention.

1) He has a long body and is pretty quick for his length.  He has the perfect body to guard the inbound passer.  If we play a pressing/trapping defense, I think he can be extremely useful.

2) He always seemed to try harder than anyone except Thomas.  Since we need bodies, I think we're going to need more people like that on the court.  Assuming he doesn't continue to jack up threes, I really think he has a place in the rotation.  At least him or McGowan...

code3hawg

Townes can be as good or bad as he wants to be.  we have seen this in the past three yrs.  this guy is just like a light switch.  I want him to stay because i know he can help us, but i believe if he starts out with the attitude again that he will spend his senior season on the bench
Quit Whinning and support your Team!

hogfan3414

I'd like everyone to stay but mccurdy.  Townes has so much potential I'd like to see what he can do with a new coach.  Mcgowan and Hunter also have enough potential to provide some nice minutes for the hogs.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if hunter played 10-15 solid minutes next year.  I like how he could fit into Altman's system.  Also why does everyone care what Hunter said?  He didn't say anything personal about Stan just that he didn't mind a change.  I'm sick of reporters asking players these types of questions and then everyone ripping them for their honest responses.

Bacon The Saddle Again

It also helps if your big man can shoot a little bit when running the high post offense.  Hunter is the best shooting big man we have.  Teams would be forced to consider him a threat to make the shot between the free throw line and the perimeter.  If they play close up on him like they would have to do, it gets the lane wide open for folks without the basketball to slash to the basket.

HogNuttz

A lot of people are knocking McGowan, but I won't be disappointed if he stays.  He showed some flashes of good athletic ability his freshman season.  A incredibly monsterous put back dunk off a rebound comes to mind.  Dunk of the year last season, IMO.  He probably should have red-shirted this year becuase of injury, but for whatever reason he chose not to and that was his choice.  This situation cut way back on his minutes and made him look like a mop up player when I think he is better than that.  I think the guy has some ability, but not everyone on the team can start and I think he can give us solid minutes off the bench if he is healthy next year.  I wish like hell we could morph his mindset into Charles Thomas' game.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on April 03, 2007, 09:39:45 am
Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on April 03, 2007, 09:33:17 am

I'm not sure which kind of redshirt year he took.  I THINK that you can't take your medical redshirt unless you have already taken your redshirt year.  Either way, I hope he's gone. 
That's what I was thinking too, but I wasn't 100% sure.  If we both think that, then surely it's correct.

Chad In Real Life

Quote from: zebra on April 03, 2007, 09:25:25 am

He just wants some attention.

Bingo!   He isnt going anywhere he just wants people talking about him. Exactly why he should GO
Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

Hogtropolis™

No_nuts

All of them at times have had their moments.
If Altman wants them to stay and they want to stay
then let them stay.

McCurdy looked good in the early season
but when the SEC games hit he had problems.

It Altman can get them to play to the full potential
we would have a great team.

Go stAte

with 22,679 hogville members, i bet you just offended 22,678 people, some due to personal experience with this disorder, everyone else due to some level of compassion.

PeytonManningSUCKS

http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/2007/04/03/razorback_central/040307uabkbplayerreact.txt
Excerpt 1:

"The million dollar question that everybody wants to know is Patrick Beverley coming back?" Beverley said. "The answer to that is, 'Yes.'

"My mother and I talked about it last night. When I signed to play at Arkansas, I didn't sign to play for a particular coach. I signed to play here at Arkansas. That was the biggest thing for me."

that thereis why I LOVE PBEV!!!! 

why all the Townes hate, he's got a sweet shot on the inside, a good offensive answer to Hill's nasty D.

Excerpt 2:
Townes, who famously clashed with Heath during a game in January, said he also plans to remain with the Razorbacks.

"I'm not going anywhere," Townes said. "A lot of people have asked if I'm going to leave or not, but I'm staying."

jschulte

Big question now is --

Will we still get those two big recruits?

Razorback88

Quote from: wirebender25 on April 03, 2007, 09:54:18 am
Quote from: Mid Major Legs™ on April 03, 2007, 09:51:36 am
Quote from: wirebender25 on April 03, 2007, 09:48:06 am

He would fit in well.

Personally, I'd like to see Altman yank a knot in him and have the kid reach his potential for his senior year.  He's a 15/8 guy in the SEC with his talent.

He has all the potential in the world but sometimes it seems he doesn't care.

I agree.  I hope he stays; his attitude was a product of Heath's lack of control of the team.  Altman will either run him off or have him playing up to his potential.