Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Here is an example of why Nolan will never coach at the Div 1 level again

Started by HognotinMemphis, March 27, 2007, 07:40:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

"Frank Broyles ought to take the job," Richardson said. "Hell, he can win with the team (Heath is) leaving."

"I thought he deserved another year," Richardson said. "Just to finish out his class and not let some other coach come in and take what he's already beginning to start."

"God almighty, what do you need?" Richardson said. "I just feel bad that he didn't get a chance to coach them all the way out."

He may have been a great basketball coach at one point but he's not half the man Stan Heath is and never will be.  Nolan thinks he's doing a service to all the people who look like him and talk like him. On the contrary, he's setting back those groups by decades.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

cubsfan5150

QuoteWest Side Rooter wrote:

Always best to talk [expletive] about a team when you don't have to face them again.

I'd do the same. LaRussa's a nutjob and would probably throw at his head.
ETA: A bottle of wine, not a baseball.
ETA: Empty bottle, obviously.

WilsonHog

If Nolan had finished his job it wouldn't have been necessary to hire Stan Heath in the first place.

tobs54

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 27, 2007, 07:58:03 am
If Nolan had finished his job it wouldn't have been necessary to hire Stan Heath in the first place.

BINGO. 

hogman64

As a college basketball coach, Nolan is a has been, unfortunately for us he became a has been about 5 years before he was fired..........just shut up and run for the border, Nolan.........

RazorbackBurger

Nolan is just as entitled to his opinion as you are, and his opinions are more informed then yours...unless of course you have coach d1 basketball in arkansas. I didn't want Stan back either, but I think it's very unfortunate he can't see out this very talented team he was put together.

tobs54

Quote from: RazorbackBurger on March 27, 2007, 08:02:16 am
Nolan is just as entitled to his opinion as you are, and his opinions are more informed then yours...unless of course you have coach d1 basketball in arkansas. I didn't want Stan back either, but I think it's very unfortunate he can't see out this very talented team he was put together.

I think that it's very unfortunate he couldn't win any road games, but that's just my take on the deal.

WilsonHog

Quote from: tobs54 on March 27, 2007, 08:03:55 am

I think that it's very unfortunate he couldn't win any road games, but that's just my take on the deal.

It's also most unfortunate that we haven't been ranked in the Top 25 in over five years.

HognotinMemphis

That's where you are wrong. Nolan is not entitled to his opinion just as much as I am entitled to mine. I'm not making $500,000 a year from the U of A. In fact, I've paid the U of A to attend basketball games, not paid by them to attend. I am the fan, Nolan was the coach. Nolan, if he were a man and if he weren't stupid, should keep quiet and leave his stupidity and bitterness to speculation rather than making it a known fact.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

hogman64

For an opinion to be worth much it needs to be unbiased, bitter people usually dont have unbiased opinions........so your opinion on my opinion is not as informed as my opinion  on my opinion  unless you have been a D1 basketball fan living in Newport, Ar........that was your point wasnt it...........

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 27, 2007, 08:06:07 am

It's also most unfortunate that we haven't been ranked in the Top 25 in over five years.
It's also most unfortunate that we haven't won an NCAAT game since the '99 season and that timespan includes Nolan's last 3 years ('00, '01 and '02).

RazorbackBurger

I also pay to go to basketball games, and Nolan is still entitled to his opinion, whether it is the same as yours and mine or not. If you don't like that, well Cuba is very nice this time of year from what I hear and you sound like you would fit in very nicely.

hogfanwp

Nolan has no class.  I understand he and Frank didn't get along, but come on.  Let it go.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: RazorbackBurger on March 27, 2007, 08:11:36 am
I also pay to go to basketball games, and Nolan is still entitled to his opinion, whether it is the same as yours and mine or not. If you don't like that, well Cuba is very nice this time of year from what I hear and you sound like you would fit in very nicely.

Technically, of course he is. But if he had any sense of propriety at all, and he does not, he'd keep quiet on an issue that he is obviously extremely biased about. But Nolan has never been able to shut his piehole about anything so why start now. It doesn't really matter though since he has no credibility with anyone. It's really sad how far he has fallen. He'll never coach in college again. Oh, and what happened to that NBA gig that Nolan was thinking he'd get?

ark30inf

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 27, 2007, 08:06:07 am

Thats your key.  Classy and nice guy just can't be an excuse for that.

pigfoot

Yep, he's entitled to his opinion, for what it's worth.  It just isn't worth much !
"...the word, even the most contradictory word, preserves contact.  It is silence which isolates."  Thomas Mann

snoot hoggy hog

Quote from: MarkinMemphis on March 27, 2007, 07:40:19 am
He may have been a great basketball coach at one point but he's not half the man Stan Heath is and never will be.  Nolan thinks he's doing a service to all the people who look like him and talk like him. On the contrary, he's setting back those groups by decades.

and comments like this don't?

DeltaBoy

Well I see Nolan opened his mouth and put his foot in it again.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on March 27, 2007, 08:21:49 am

and comments like this don't?

Yes, comments like this do. But it's not my comment, it's Nolan's. He said the part about "looks like him, talks like him.." etc, just before he was fired. Try to keep up instead of attempting to throw blame when you don't know what you are talking about.

ottopit

Losing Nolan Richardson was the worst thing that happened to this program.Getting rid of Frank Broyles will be the best thing that ever happened to this program.

hogsanity

So Nolam thinks this team is so good that JFb could wn with it?  Well, then how crappy was the tem he left Stan?  t was so bad that they could only win 9 games.  Thanks again Nolan..
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: ottopit on March 27, 2007, 08:41:37 am
Losing Nolan Richardson was the worst thing that happened to this program.Getting rid of Frank Broyles will be the best thing that ever happened to this program.

Wrong Nolan Lover....Getting rid of that racist was the best...Plus he shot his own horses...

Frank has a bigger sack than you ever will

HognotinMemphis

You may be right and you may be wrong. We'll never know. What we do know is that from '97 through the '02 season, 6 years, all but 1 of those was very mediocre and all were a far cry from the level of accomplishment that Nolan achieved at the U of A from '85 through '96.

If any other coach of the same caliber had had such a long dry spell, he would have been fired too. Even some who didn't were fired. See the UCLA coach who won the NC over Arkansas in '95 as well as a few other top-notch coaches like that in the last 10 years.

hogvillesfinest

yea right, If Nolan were still here we would have Danicio Gomez as the starting center and no white kids on the team, well Blake Eddins and look at the hair. But Broyles has made Arkansas into one of the best best colleges in the nation. with Facilities and we lead every other D-1 school in National titles.......

Ish O

"Frank Broyles ought to take the job," Richardson said. "Hell, he can win with the team (Heath is) leaving."

"I thought he deserved another year," Richardson said. "Just to finish out his class and not let some other coach come in and take what he's already beginning to start."

"God almighty, what do you need?" Richardson said. "I just feel bad that he didn't get a chance to coach them all the way out."

Nolan's twice the man you are. So does that make Stan 2 1/2 times better than you? What you think Mr. Longhorn fan living in Memphis on an Arkansas board?

jimmur74

There is absolutley nothing that is irrational in Richardsons statements. I for one believe he is the greatest coach we will ever see at our university. He was underappreciated and yes he had a chip on his shoulder. Thats what made his greatness.

Ish O

So since Nolan is twice the man that you are does that make Stan 2.5 times more of a man than you?

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: jimmur74 on March 27, 2007, 08:49:21 am

There is absolutley nothing that is irrational in Richardsons statements. I for one believe he is the greatest coach we will ever see at our university. He was underappreciated and yes he had a chip on his shoulder. Thats what made his greatness.

Your SICK BROTHA

BigSnout

Quote from: MarkinMemphis on March 27, 2007, 08:07:07 am

That's where you are wrong. Nolan is not entitled to his opinion just as much as I am entitled to mine. I'm not making $500,000 a year from the U of A. In fact, I've paid the U of A to attend basketball games, not paid by them to attend. I am the fan, Nolan was the coach. Nolan, if he were a man and if he weren't stupid, should keep quiet and leave his stupidity and bitterness to speculation rather than making it a known fact.

I normally don't agree with hardly anything you say, but that is a very good post.

hillhog

We didn't "lose" Nolan, he had the job for as long as he wanted it and did the job, he quit doing the job and in reality said he didn't want the job. It too was time to get rid of a coach. Admit it, Stan is many times more of a man than Nolan, and boy, compare the team each coach left behind for another to come in and pick up!!!!

WBChogfan

Quote from: Ish O on March 27, 2007, 08:49:13 am

Nolan's twice the man you are. So does that make Stan 2 1/2 times better than you? What you think Mr. Longhorn fan living in Memphis on an Arkansas board?

Your figures are incorrect.  Using your terms...

Let M represent MarkinMemphis, let N represent Nolan, and let H represent Heath.

If N is "twice the man" that M is, then N= 2M

If N is not half the man that H is, then H > 2N

N X 2 = 2M X2 = 4M

Therefore, H > 4M, or, Heath would be greater than 4 times the man Mark is, assuming your terms.
====

DISCLAIMER: This calculation does not represent my personal views.

cardinalhawg

Excellent post.  This would have been the last year for his first full recruiting class anyway, even though Hunter's injury has kept him around longer, and the others are no longer here.

Biggus Piggus

Nolan won't coach again.  He's 65 years old.  The rest of your rant is unnecessary.
[CENSORED]!

theoutsider

Oh please, get over it.

RazorbackBurger

Quote from: MarkinMemphis on March 27, 2007, 08:17:03 am
Quote from: RazorbackBurger on March 27, 2007, 08:11:36 am

Technically, of course he is. But if he had any sense of propriety at all, and he does not, he'd keep quiet on an issue that he is obviously extremely biased about. But Nolan has never been able to shut his piehole about anything so why start now. It doesn't really matter though since he has no credibility with anyone. It's really sad how far he has fallen. He'll never coach in college again. Oh, and what happened to that NBA gig that Nolan was thinking he'd get?
I am not taking Nolan's side, I just agree its a shame he couldn't coach his boys. Given the choice to keep him or let him go, I would have let him go. People on this board are completely blind to any kind of middle ground.

Just because I agree with one thing a man says, please do not think I am condoning everything he has said and done. You guys are more 1 dimensional than my ex...geez

Nutts and Bolts

It is unfortunate that so many accept mediocrity..
A new era has begun in Fayetteville

RedyorNot

"But no one can tame the tongue, it is a restless evil and full of deadly poison"

Squealsonwheels

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 27, 2007, 07:58:03 am
Nolan quit when Billy Packer interviewed him after the NC game...He never recruited hard again...I still like Nolan but I agree that his worse enemy is his mouth just as mine can be at times

MaxinesTapRoom

People might not like ole' Nolan...but doesn't everyone love and miss the days of Razorback Basketball being known for "40 Minutes of He**"?
~Andrea Foren
Maxine's Tap Room - A Fayetteville Tradition since 1950...

Blevohog24

Were you even around in 2000, 01, and 02?   Nolan lost it and didn't care.

LL COOL HOG

So the last paragraph was not your opinion.  You seemed pretty biased.  What do you know of those groups?

HogLard

Yes Nolan is in-titled to his opinion BUT he had his chance and blew it big time .
After he won the National Championship he made the statement that now he
will be able to pick the recruits just like Kentucky or North Carolina . WRONG.
You still have to recruit . He stopped and it caught up with him so he blew
his stack and tried to blame Frank Broyles for his problems . Nolan will have
a chip on his shoulders for ever because of his experiences of growing up
and the racial problems he had to face . He never got over this and I probably
would not  have either . He was paid well for his service and is one of the most charitable
individuals I have ever seen but he needs to stop and shut up . He is still trying
to cause troubles for the University everytime he opens his mouth . We all
need to forget Nolan and let him fade into the sunset .   

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 27, 2007, 09:05:36 am

Nolan won't coach again.  He's 65 years old.  The rest of your rant is unnecessary.

Agree on all counts. However, I must add that I said he'd never coach again and was persona non grata in college and pro basketball immediately upon his firing in '02, over 5 years ago. At that time he was 60 and not too old to coach. He screwed himself...and for what?

d1nonlyhogfan

I realize that he has his own agenda, but I do agree with the above of Nolan's comments.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

WILL CLINTON

I love how people want to trivialize Broyles and Nolan's relationship. It wasn't just that they "didn't get along".  When are people going to get it?  I don't know if any of you have seen a white kid get put in the hospital because he used the N-word.  I don't know if some of you have ever been around black people enough to know and understand the kind of hate just hearing that word brings up.  If you haven't, you have no authority to speak on what Nolan should or shouldn't feel, or what he shoud or shouldn't say. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

ishankem

Quote from: dubyacee on March 27, 2007, 10:32:47 am
I love how people want to trivialize Broyles and Nolan's relationship. It wasn't just that they "didn't get along".  When are people going to get it?  I don't know if any of you have seen a white kid get put in the hospital because he used the N-word.  I don't know if some of you have ever been around black people enough to know and understand the kind of hate just hearing that word brings up.  If you haven't, you have no authority to speak on what Nolan should or shouldn't feel, or what he shoud or shouldn't say. 
talk about racism. nolan is one of the biggest racist in this state.  he quit coaching and he quit recruiting in his last years at uofa. he got lazy, and he wants to blame all the 'white haired devils' in the athletic dept for his failures on the court. he needs to take some 'behavior mangement' classes from stan heath, instead of from 'Kramer'

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: ishankem on March 27, 2007, 10:40:50 am
Quote from: dubyacee on March 27, 2007, 10:32:47 am
talk about racism. nolan is one of the biggest racist in this state.  he quit coaching and he quit recruiting in his last years at uofa. he got lazy, and he wants to blame all the 'white haired devils' in the athletic dept for his failures on the court. he needs to take some 'behavior mangement' classes from stan heath, instead of from 'Kramer'

I have never seen one time that he blamed the "white haired DEVIL (the only person he referred to with this statement was Broyles) for failures on the court.  He always took the loses upon himself by saying that he didn't have the team prepared.  He simply spoke out against the good ole' boy system that is still in place and working to the advantage of the people it was created for. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

LL COOL HOG

This board can't get over Nolan.  And you wonder why Nolan's still mad over his precieved treatment.  He was or felt he was mistreated.  Its been nearly 6 years and we are still gripping about him.  If you want him to get over it.  We have to get over it as well.  Its like the pot calling the Kettle Black!!

prairiehogcompanion

Get off Nolan's back.

The man has the right to say what he thinks. Besides, what he's saying that offends you so much isn't even controversial.

LL COOL HOG

Quote from: prairiehogcompanion on March 27, 2007, 03:47:53 pm

Get off Nolan's back.

The man has the right to say what he thinks. Besides, what he's saying that offends you so much isn't even controversial.

Right on.  This board is full of hypocrites.