Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thread: discussing HEATH and Fire Nutt SI Poll

Started by hoginsanfran, March 19, 2007, 04:07:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorRaider

Quote from: 6HogsinGA on March 19, 2007, 08:19:21 pm
Quote from: RazorRaider on March 19, 2007, 08:16:12 pm
Quote from: booogaga on March 19, 2007, 08:14:49 pm
if  houston nutt was a black man he would have been fired after two consecutive loosing seasons.

Honestly I don't think it is about race. Nutt chapped his lips on Frank's arse. That is the only reason he has gotten away with the crap he has gotten away with.

+1 So true! Should we send him some Blistex? 

I figure he keeps a case of that or chapstick in his desk at all times. He has to keep those lips smooth so daddy Frank doesn't get a rash. :)
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 am
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

BigDeal

March 19, 2007, 08:23:18 pm #51 Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 08:25:44 pm by BigDeal
Quote from: RazorRaider on March 19, 2007, 08:21:02 pm
if  houston nutt was a black man he would have been fired after two consecutive loosing seasons.

Honestly I don't think it is about race. Nutt chapped his lips on Frank's arse. That is the only reason he has gotten away with the crap he has gotten away with.

I figure he keeps a case of that or chapstick in his desk at all times. He has to keep those lips smooth so daddy Frank doesn't get a rash. :)

You are implying Nutt was a "yes" man to Frank. The key word here is "was". Frank is gone and Houston won't be spending anymore time under his desk. So why not give him a shot to prove himself now that he is "weaned" away from Frank so to speak ?

RazorRaider

Quote from: BigDeal on March 19, 2007, 08:23:18 pm

You are implying Nutt was a "yes" man to Frank. The key word here is "was". Frank is gone and Houston won't be spending anymore time under his desk. So why not give him a shot to prove himself now that he is "weened" away from Frank so to speak ?

No thanks. I say we start fresh. He made a choice. He could either kiss Frank's ass and not have to do anything of significance and keep his job, or run the team like other HC's do.

He chose the first over the latter because he knew he was not capable of being a winner. So he went with what he knew secure his job.
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

jmark

What do you think will really happen if Nutt is suddenly gone?  Will Sunshine and Chuckles just shift gears, ask for unity?  Will fans unite overnight?

If Nutt stays, even this year, our Razorback name will continue to be dragged through the mud.
40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

Broken Trigger

Quote from: RazorRaider on March 19, 2007, 08:25:54 pm

You are implying Nutt was a "yes" man to Frank. The key word here is "was". Frank is gone and Houston won't be spending anymore time under his desk. So why not give him a shot to prove himself now that he is "weened" away from Frank so to speak ?

No thanks. I say we start fresh. He made a choice. He could either kiss Frank's ass and not have to do anything of significance and keep his job, or run the team like other HC's do.

He chose the first over the latter because he knew he was not capable of being a winner. So he went with what he knew secure his job.

I agree.  Also, it bears repeating that a lot of damage has been done by Nutt with his constant lies.  Whether he was a yes man or not, he was a large part of losing Gus, Mitch, and Damian, as well as probably many past, present, and future recruits.  He deserves to be canned. 

RazorRaider

Quote from: jmark on March 19, 2007, 08:39:32 pm
What do you think will really happen if Nutt is suddenly gone?  Will Sunshine and Chuckles just shift gears, ask for unity?  Will fans unite overnight?

If Nutt stays, even this year, our Razorback name will continue to be dragged through the mud.

I figure if Nutt were suddenly canned, the radio sunshine pimpers would keel over from massive coronaries. And you would see a healing of the fanbase begin. It would be up to the new coach as to whether you would see unity among the fanbase.
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

TransAmHawg

He deserves WAY more than a simple firing. Tar and feathers come to mind along with a few other ideas.
It'll Shine When it Shines

Ol Frank has finally $h!t in his own lunch box!!!

"I hope they all keep smiling and taking the arse pounding that we are dishing out..
  It's their choice to bite the pillow or look over their shoulder lovingly.
  Either way we're on top..!"   
                             4windshawg

Broken Trigger

Quote from: TransAmHawg on March 19, 2007, 08:51:07 pm
He deserves WAY more than a simple firing. Tar and feathers come to mind along with a few other ideas.

+1 just for understanding the severity of the crimes. 

TransAmHawg

Quote from: opineonswine on March 19, 2007, 05:10:15 pm
It's called unhealthy idolizing.

Next Monday my friend all will be fine. We have logistical problems currently.

"I hope they all keep smiling and taking the arse pounding that we are dishing out..
                             4windshawg

RazorRaider

Quote from: TransAmHawg on March 19, 2007, 08:56:34 pm
Quote from: opineonswine on March 19, 2007, 05:10:15 pm
It's called unhealthy idolizing.

Next Monday my friend all will be fine. We have logistical problems currently.

What is going to happen next monday?
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

Hawgvillain

March 19, 2007, 09:06:48 pm #60 Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 09:17:58 pm by Hawgvillain

I don't think it's overtly about race but I do think it's a factor.  In other words, I think the fact that HDN is a white guy from Little Rock who happens to come from a well-known family has helped to endear him to the Little Rock booster crowd - and keep him secure when the money in NWA got pissed.  Stan Heath isn't from a connected family in AR and, thus, he has no support structure. 

In my opinion, if the original statement read "if  houston nutt was a black man who had no connections to big time boosters he would have been fired after two consecutive loosing seasons," it would have more validity.  Of course, the same can be said if HDN was a white coach. 

The real point is that people with connections are harder to fire than those who lack them.  It's possible, in my opinion, that race does play a role.

deshahawg

This could be the most ridiculous comment ever made on any sports thread!!!!!!

TransAmHawg

You are implying Nutt was a "yes" man to Frank. The key word here is "was". Frank is gone and Houston won't be spending anymore time under his desk. So why not give him a shot to prove himself now that he is "weaned" away from Frank so to speak ?

That would be the same as letting a child molester run a daycare center or letting a terrorist run our government.
  Osama is on his level. We have allowed a egomaniac with emotional problems run our football program into the ground with your blessing Big Deal. I have you ignored but have to point out that you are so far out there that Pluto is a halfway point to your house. What makes you think Dale the dork can do anything right? What has that buffoon done that makes you think he can wipe his own arse proper? You must know that he's damaged our program so bad that we'll have to work for years just to get back where he started from.
  Frank and his little buddy put themselves above the good of the Razorbacks and you are happy with that? Why do you worship a false god, Dale? What would make anybody think that David (Speilberg) Lee is going to make anything change from Dales record of choking? David Lee is just another misfit Murry State Mafia member.

4windshawg

arkrzrbacks

Everyone on this board bleeds red, except Houston Nutt and spin master Rick who both bleed a dark slimy substance some call stool.

Houston h

Quote from: hoginsanfran on March 19, 2007, 04:20:48 pm
RANDY:  "Why does SI.com care about Houston Nutt being fired?"
Football writers don't have alot of other things to write about this time of year.  Face it guys, he is here at least for another year.

yraciv

Can someone honestly tell me what went on at Stan's meeting today?  I've been out of it today, but people were saying if he gets fired todays the day and I haven't seen him being fired.

VenturaHog

It is the injustice of injustices if heath is fired before nutt. I know its been said before but it's still too true.

abraHAM_lincoln

Quote from: booogaga on March 19, 2007, 04:09:21 pm
its obvious to me that rick wants stan gone.

The way Rick Blindly supports Nutt no matter how bad things are (on and off the field), and how he has for about a month advocated in so many words Heath should be fired makes me wonder one of two things...:

1.  Either these are his own beliefs...which are borderline racist....(If you are a blind fan it should be across the board)

2.  The attitude of those he gets his talking points from on the hill are Racist and are using him to push their agenda to Keep nutt, while firing Heath.

I say lets kill two birds with one stone... Replace Both!!

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: SexyBeast77 on March 19, 2007, 04:44:39 pm
This Tard assures us Frank Broyles first choice is Ron Kruger.

Rick: You mean Lon Kruger

Maybe he means Freddie Kruger.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Bacon The Saddle Again

Quote from: hogsrmyfav36 on March 19, 2007, 04:12:48 pm
Rick needs to take a serious look in the mirror if he calls for Heath's head after defending Nutt so vigorously.  I personally think it's hypocritical to rail on anyone critical of Nutt but then support Heath's firing.

I think it's time for both to go.

That could be said after 5-6 and 4-7, but the same is not true after 10-2 regular season and finishing ahead of LSU and Auburn in the SEC West and coming within a muffed punt of winning the SEC Championship.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Bacon The Saddle Again on March 20, 2007, 08:43:35 am
Rick needs to take a serious look in the mirror if he calls for Heath's head after defending Nutt so vigorously.  I personally think it's hypocritical to rail on anyone critical of Nutt but then support Heath's firing.

That could be said after 5-6 and 4-7, but the same is not true after 10-2 regular season and finishing ahead of LSU and Auburn in the SEC West and coming within a muffed punt of winning the SEC Championship.

Yeah, we were oh so close those last 3 games. A returned KO for a TD in the LSU game, a muffed punt and an INT in the SECCG, and a bad QB away in the bowl game.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Bacon The Saddle Again

Quote from: MarkinMemphis on March 20, 2007, 08:47:29 am

Yeah, we were oh so close those last 3 games. A returned KO for a TD in the LSU game, a muffed punt and an INT in the SECCG, and a bad QB away in the bowl game.

We were close in all three of the games.  Did you watch them?  If people can't see massive improvement in 4-7 to 10-4, they don't know football.  We won as many SEC West games as our win total the previous season.  But I guess, we're not really getting any better, huh?

Once again, people need to get their head out of their anus.  It smells better and you can actually see what's happening instead of listening to the talking heads on this board and regurgitating everything they say.

LZH

Quote from: deshahawg on March 19, 2007, 09:12:53 pm

This could be the most ridiculous comment ever made on any sports thread!!!!!!

I know FB is from the old-school deep south, so I can't speak for his personal feelings.  But, as a whole, the only color that matters nowadays in big-time college athletics is green...imo of course.

OKhogfan1959

Bacon the saddle....You need to get your head out of Nutts anus..It was nothing more than a one year wonder..When the competition got tough at the end Nutt screwed it up..No improvement really..Just DMac and Felix..We still were in the 100s when it came to playing left handed as Nutt said..Or what other real coaches would call throwing the football...Nutt calls it left handed..How can anyone support the man? I don't understand the blind loyalty to Nuttjob...

scootman

I think the powers that be may be just waiting a little while to see what happens in the tournament. It makes sense to me that if the BoT or the BAC or whomever is truly after Bill Self (or anyone else for that matter) they may just want to wait and see a little longer. If Kansas were to win the big one that might change the name of the game a little bit, and gentleman (and ladies) the name of the game is $$$.

IMO, Kansas has a chance of winning this thing and I don't see Self committing to anyone until the tournament is over. I also think the BoT, JFB and the rest really need to have a firm committment from someone before they show Mr. Heath the proverbial door. Just my thoughts.
A new era in Razorback Football has arrived!

Bacon The Saddle Again

Quote from: OKhogfan1959 on March 20, 2007, 08:55:24 am
You need to get your head out of Nutts anus..It was nothing more than a one year wonder..When the competition got tough at the end Nutt screwed it up..No improvement really..Just DMac and Felix..We still were in the 100s when it came to playing left handed as Nutt said..Or what other real coaches would call throwing the football...Nutt calls it left handed..How can anyone support the man? I don't understand the blind loyalty to Nuttjob...

We lost the #1, 3, 4, and 6 teams in the country.  Three of them were the last three games and games we had a chance to win (two we should have).  TO me, that just says we weren't one of the top 10 teams in the country.  But the fact that we held close, says we were probably one of the 15 best.  We're not going to have a drop off this year and we'll probably get back to back 10 win seasons.

It doesn't matter how you score more points than the other team, it just matters that you do.  And we did in 10 of 12 regular season games.

tropical soooiee

Quote from: hoginsanfran on March 19, 2007, 05:00:01 pm
RICK:  "I hated how bad arkansas played for Broyles MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE... his LAST NCAAT AS AD"

gee, i want him gone, but it's worse for BROYLES than say, HEATH, who now will be fired???????????????????

:puke:

slurp

scootman

btw, here are the results of that SI.com poll in case anyone hasn't seen it yet.

Created: Monday, March 19, 2007, at 12:46:46 EDT
Should Arkansas fire Houston Nutt?
Yes   63%
No  37%
A new era in Razorback Football has arrived!

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Bacon The Saddle Again on March 20, 2007, 08:51:38 am

We were close in all three of the games.  Did you watch them?  If people can't see massive improvement in 4-7 to 10-4, they don't know football.  We won as many SEC West games as our win total the previous season.  But I guess, we're not really getting any better, huh?

Once again, people need to get their head out of their anus.  It smells better and you can actually see what's happening instead of listening to the talking heads on this board and regurgitating everything they say.

I was in attendance at the LSU and FLA games. I saw incompetence and inability to win. Also saw awful to beyond awful kicking teams...same as it ever was under Nutt.

Bacon The Saddle Again

I guess you happened to miss the 10 games we won including the romp at Auburn and the UT thrashing?

sasnakra1960

I would be happy if we could just get rid of rick!!!!!!!

hog_fan

Quote from: Bacon The Saddle Again on March 20, 2007, 11:52:08 am
I guess you happened to miss the 10 games we won including the romp at Auburn and the UT thrashing?

How about the lies? 2 decent wins. 3 winnable games and blew all three.

Bacon The Saddle Again

Quote from: hog_fan on March 20, 2007, 12:25:12 pm
Quote from: Bacon The Saddle Again on March 20, 2007, 11:52:08 am

How about the lies? 2 decent wins. 3 winnable games and blew all three.

2 "decent" wins?  Auburn was ranked 2nd in the country at the time and that victory on the road is...."decent"?  Really?  That's all you can call that when we whipped them the way we did? 

The UT win was just..."decent"?  Gameday?  Hugemongous national audience and after dropping the dum-dums on them the way we did in the first half, you want to call that...."decent"?

The lies are hearsay until someone can prove them all.  The last three games were upsetting, but with all due respect, it was number 1, 3, and 6 in the country at year's end. 

Face it guys, we were pretty darn good last year and we're going to be pretty darn good this year too.

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: SexyBeast77 on March 19, 2007, 04:44:39 pm
This Tard assures us Frank Broyles first choice is Ron Kruger.

Rick: You mean Lon Kruger
I thought it was Freddy Kruger
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: MarkinMemphis on March 20, 2007, 10:36:09 am
Quote from: Bacon The Saddle Again on March 20, 2007, 08:51:38 am

I was in attendance at the LSU and FLA games. I saw incompetence and inability to win. Also saw awful to beyond awful kicking teams...same as it ever was under Nutt.
True. We lost 4 games with the Heisman runner-up AND another 1000 yd rusher AND the best O-line in the conference.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

Hogsmith

Quote from: hogsrmyfav36 on March 19, 2007, 04:22:38 pm
Quote from: hoginsanfran on March 19, 2007, 04:19:33 pm
RANDY: on the front of SI.COM, there is a poll of "should houston nutt be fired?"[/size]

RICK: !!!WHAT?  GOOD GRIEF!  WHY EVEN BRING THAT UP, IT'S NOT AN ISSUE.... YOU STILL HEAR PEOPLE FLOATING AROUND OUT THERE THAT HOUSTON WILL BE FIRED...... NO Indication of that... whether he's here for 10 more years or 10 more months, HOUSTON NUTT IS THE COACH OF THE ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS[/size]

Freak!!  Someone please call Rick and ask him what the difference is in speculating about Nutt's job or speculating about Heath's?  What a hypocrite!

+1 to you.

Bacon The Saddle Again

I can't remember Rick ever saying people shouldn't speculate on Nutt's job. I've heard him say that rumor shouldn't be spoken as fact.  In fact, I have even heard Rick say that if the David Lee hire doesn't work and things tank, Houston could be looking for a new job after next year. 

Hogsmith

Quote from: hoginsanfran on March 19, 2007, 04:20:48 pm
RANDY:  "Why does SI.com care about Houston Nutt being fired?"

Because, Randy, the whole rest of the nation can see the MSM for what it is and what it is doing to the program and you, Rick, Chuck, Clay, Dudley and the other minions of JFB and ARSN can't shut up a national respectable sports media magazine that dares question the worth of our head coach.