Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fox 16 just said Heath didn't talk in locker room after the game...

Started by football17, March 17, 2007, 09:56:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

football17

Fox 16 guy in Spokane said after the game Heath just stood silent in the corner of the locker room and didn't speak. Not sure if that meant he didn't talk to the players at all or what... kinda strange...

booogaga

ehhh.... i would like to hear more of the story before i come to any conclusions to that.
GO HOGS!

Toad Suck Pork

g.lynn

Stan would make a great poker player if he only had the drive to be .......
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

There is nothing wrong with the Hogs, that cannot be cured by what is right with the Hogs!

razor rob

Brand X Hog Fan

I wonder who spoke? Seems something needed to be said with every one of these guys coming back next year. Sure isn't fun being a Hog fan in 2006-2007 :(
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

Quote from: slopinhogs on March 17, 2007, 09:59:14 pm
why are you surprised at that . he is the quite man.

you don't pat the back of the guy who got you thrown out the door.
What do you mean? I take it he is saying Heath didn't address the players? Are you saying the players got him thrown out the door?

Factual Fiction

I heard he led then in a roaring rendition of West Side Story.........................

BartIV

I figure the heads told Stan he needed to win at least one game in the tourney. He didn't, so on his return, he is gone.

hoglee

BartIV

whatsshakinbacon

I'm beginning to think he...and the team...already knew his fate before the ball was ever tipped last night.

Bacon out...

HoopS

well, I have said today that I would support getting a new coach.   The visions of what you said makes me feel like he knows he just lost his job.  This was a big get for him and I won't take any pleasure in seeing him lose his job....... if that is indeed the case.   I think it is probably the right move at this point, that doesn't mean i'm going to be all giddy about it.   Too bad being a good person (from what I can tell) isn't enough.... when others who are shaddy (from what I can tell), are retained, extended and even offered more money to stay.

Thanks for your time and effort Stan. :razorback:

coach, my back hurts

I bet he was pissed.  The players and himself knew his ass was on the line and they went out layed a big fat egg.  I would be pissed too.  I'm not sayin he isnt the reason they play so lacadasical(sp), but you would have figured if the players liked Heath they would have fought harder to keep him.  Or....they just didnt care.  Meaning.........?????

Cajun Hog

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on March 17, 2007, 10:27:29 pm
I'm beginning to think he...and the team...already knew his fate before the ball was ever tipped last night.

Bacon out...

I think you could be on to something with this, Stan camp has put the word out that he had other options.

Juicemeister

Quote from: BartIV on March 17, 2007, 10:27:08 pm
maybe Knight?
Why do you keep bringing this up? Bobby Knight is going to retire soon, and I don't want his son as a coach.

Toad Suck Pork

Quote from: Hog1961 on March 17, 2007, 10:38:56 pm

Bacon out...

I think you could be on to something with this, Stan camp has put the word out that he had other options.

Other options?  Which mid-majors are shopping?

PulledPork

Quote from: razor rob on March 17, 2007, 10:19:53 pm
What's he going to say? Better luck next year?
I laughed................alot!@!

but, it may be the etoh tawkin!

Pulled out....

Cajun Hog

Quote from: js1717 on March 17, 2007, 10:41:59 pm

Bacon out...

Take ANY JOB or be fired.

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: hoglee on March 17, 2007, 10:26:03 pm
Can You say gillespi, pitino, self, Nolan?

Self - po-tin-chul national champion 2006-2007 and not coming to Arkansas

Gillespi - best shot of the four mentioned but it would take a lot of jack and some sweet incentives

Pitino - owns Louisville, has huge recruiting base established when he coached at KY. He's not coming to AR.

Nolan? Nope. Fans haven't forgiven him yet and Nutt is still here. He's not coming.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

Toad Suck Pork

Quote from: Hog1961 on March 17, 2007, 10:44:23 pm

Bacon out...

I interpreted your post to read that Stan's camp was claiming other schools were interested in hiring him.  I hope the administration subtracts the "take any job" part out of your statement and just fires the guy.

Brand X Hog Fan

Since we are throwing names around again, how about Majeris (sp), of Utah fame? Maybe we can set up a 3 fall cage match with Herring and him as well!

Ironhawg

Quote from: Seahawk4ever on March 17, 2007, 10:47:16 pm

Gillespi - best shot of the four mentioned but it would take a lot of jack and some sweet incentives

Pitino - owns Louisville, has huge recruiting base established when he coached at KY. He's not coming to AR.

Nolan? Nope. Fans haven't forgiven him yet and Nutt is still here. He's not coming.

Don't know about the others, but I think you forgot something else keeping Nolan from even thinking about coming back to UA.  That would be JFB.

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: Ironhawg on March 17, 2007, 10:53:33 pm
Quote from: Seahawk4ever on March 17, 2007, 10:47:16 pm

Don't know about the others, but I think you forgot something else keeping Nolan from even thinking about coming back to UA.  That would be JFB.

Well, I thought of that but JFB is relegated to figurehead status now, IMO.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: js1717 on March 17, 2007, 10:50:28 pm
Quote from: Hog1961 on March 17, 2007, 10:44:23 pm

Bacon out...

I interpreted your post to read that Stan's camp was claiming other schools were interested in hiring him.  I hope the administration subtracts the "take any job" part out of your statement and just fires the guy.

If he leaves on his own then, the U of A save 900k on a buy-out.  He's better off leave that on his own, then have been fired on his resume.

Toad Suck Pork

Hog1961,

Good point about the $900k.  That's money we could be paying to Gillespie.

Blue35

Stan is a strange bird. I just don't understand where he is coming from sometimes. Why would he be a man of few words at that point in time? I think that the performance of that basketball reflects the personality of the coach, that is, inconsistent and hard to figure.

3kgthog

Michigan bought out Amaker for $900,000. We'll owe Stan $900,000 if we bought him out. Coincidence? I hope not. Stan to Michigan!!! Woo hoo!

hoglee

i think Nolan would jump at the chance to come back for many reasons.

1  He loves a challenge
2 His Ego would love IT(See #1)
3 He would especially love to be the coach as JFB retires.
4 He wants to prove to the world he can still do it (See #2)

I believe many of his crazy outbursts were born of a terrible relationship with frank.

I know,  the lawsuit,   Even that was born out of his and Frank's relationship or lack thereof

Toad Suck Pork

Quote from: hoglee on March 17, 2007, 11:12:36 pm
i think Nolan would jump at the chance to come back for many reasons.

1  He loves a challenge
2 His Ego would love IT(See #1)
3 He would especially love to be the coach as JFB retires.
4 He wants to prove to the world he can still do it (See #2)

I believe many of his crazy outbursts were born of a terrible relationship with frank.

I know,  the lawsuit,   Even that was born out of his and Frank's relationship or lack thereof

Would you rehire an employee who had filed a lawsuit against you?

Anon2

Bacon out...

Wish they had told me.  I would have a couple more wins in my brackets.

hoglee

hoglee

I don't take the lawsuit personally,  I am not as close as some of you are to the situation.  The more I here about Frank the less I am surprised about the lawsuit

hawaiianhogster

Quote from: HoopSlap on March 17, 2007, 10:32:48 pm
well, I have said today that I would support getting a new coach.   The visions of what you said makes me feel like he knows he just lost his job.  This was a big get for him and I won't take any pleasure in seeing him lose his job....... if that is indeed the case.   I think it is probably the right move at this point, that doesn't mean i'm going to be all giddy about it.   Too bad being a good person (from what I can tell) isn't enough.... when others who are shaddy (from what I can tell), are retained, extended and even offered more money to stay.

Thanks for your time and effort Stan. :razorback:

Yes. I totally agree (if this is the case). Stan deserved better from the team. He deserved everyones best shot. I didn't see any of that after the the first 2 minutes of the second half. It's a shame that it has to come to this. I wish Stan could have had a better year. I will not jump up and down for joy either if Stan is let go. I will sit and wander who they can bring in that will do a better job than Stan did without any NCAA investigations. If this is the case then good luck to Stan and thanks for trying.

Toad Suck Pork

I think history has proven that Nolan was right about a lot of things.  However for the U of A to rehire him after the fallout they had would be a bad decision and look ridiculous.

hoglee

Your probably right but I still daydream about the days of old with BWA rockin and the excitement of watching.  Nolan's teams were always dangerous and respected. It also makes it intriguing because I think he would come.

BigDeal

Quote from: Seahawk4ever on March 17, 2007, 10:22:16 pm
I wonder who spoke? Seems something needed to be said with every one of these guys coming back next year. Sure isn't fun being a Hog fan in 2006-2007 :(

Correction. Not fun being a hog basketball fan in 2006-2007. We DID have a successful football season.

Juicemeister

How was our football season successful? I hope your existence here is just a schtick.

BigDeal

Quote from: Juicemeister on March 17, 2007, 11:34:28 pm
How was our football season successful? I hope your existence here is just a schtick.

Regardless how anyone feels about the coaching situation, to assert the football season was anything less than successful is just sticking one's head in the sand and/or drinking too much of that hatorade.

WBChogfan

Quote from: BigDeal on March 17, 2007, 11:33:19 pm
Quote from: Seahawk4ever on March 17, 2007, 10:22:16 pm

Correction. Not fun being a hog basketball fan in 2006-2007. We DID have a successful football season.

So I'm guessing you were jumping for joy as we lost three straight to close out the season?

Yes, the 10 wins were exciting, but it's like making out with a girl then getting kicked in the crotch.

Juicemeister

Quote from: BigDeal on March 17, 2007, 11:36:56 pm

Regardless how anyone feels about the coaching situation, to assert the football season was anything less than successful is just sticking one's head in the sand and/or drinking too much of that hatorade.

Yeah, I'm proudly wearing my "SEC West Championship" shirt, the biggest accomplishment he's achieved since coming here.

quest4excellence

Bacon out...

That speaks volumes about the game.

Word to ya motha! -Vanilla Ice

Trottsky

Stan's fate will likely be known before the cock crows 7 times.

PiggyBack

Quote from: BigDeal on March 17, 2007, 11:36:56 pm

"LSU...Sugar Bowl Champions!"
"USC...Rose Bowl Champions!"
"Florida...National Champions!"
"Wisconsin...Capital One Champions!"

"A play here, a play there, we were really close!  We were in every game!"
"We won ten games!  Championship!  It's gotta be about TEAM!"

Man, don't you ever get tired of that crap?  ???
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

football17

Quote from: Trottsky on March 17, 2007, 11:55:41 pm

So you think there will be an answer in tomorrow's paper?

Juicemeister

Quote from: football17 on March 18, 2007, 12:45:40 am

If the news comes out at 7 a.m., how would it be in the paper?

football17

Quote from: Juicemeister on March 18, 2007, 12:50:09 am

If the news comes out at 7 a.m., how would it be in the paper?

he said it would likely be known before 7... i just read that as there might be something in the paper about it...

quest4excellence

I would think that would be 7 days but how knows what the dude is saying

Word to ya motha! -Vanilla Ice

football17

Quote from: quest4excellence on March 18, 2007, 12:51:34 am

you're right... I bet he meant within a week... and I agree with him

Juicemeister

Quote from: quest4excellence on March 18, 2007, 12:51:34 am

AH, I just thought of that myself. It would be kind of silly to have the cock crow at every hour, no? +1 to you, sir.