Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No sense delaying any longer..........Heath must leave

Started by Lanny, March 16, 2007, 11:14:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jlnhog

Quote from: hSv on March 16, 2007, 11:14:16 pm
Enough is enough for this once proud program.
Totally agree! I am deeply embarrassed by this performance.

The Boar War

Our big men didn't come to play.  Our point guards cannot move the ball effectively.  We have no big man coach.  We don't have a coach that can recruit or teach the point.  In short we don't have a coach.

hview

Yeah, it's time for him to go. I was leaning toward him staying, but this was terrible.

judgeroyswine

The sad thing is, Stan will be fired, and on his way out of town, he'll drive past football practice and see Casey throwing a nice spiral into the top of a ladder...and Stan will just sigh as he rides off into the sunset.
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

TuckFexas

I'm tired of my Florida fan buddy calling me. He called after the SEC championship game in football. He called after the loss to Florida at their house. He called after the SECCG in basketball. And he's called twice tonight. Somebody make it stop (I'm talking coaches, I've already turned off my cell). Good night.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

hawaiianhogster

Stan. Why do you have to be such a good person. It would be easier to fire a liar.

redblooded hogfan

Man O man Please lets have the guts to make a change in one of  the major sports at Arkansas. I Can live with nutt for another year but FIRE someone now!

The Boar War

Dan Hipschers excuse is "They can shoot.  They can pass.  They can dribble."  Wow Tim Floyd must have had one hell of a game plan.  
This is basketball isn't it?

hview

I like Stan...I guess that is really the sad part. He's a great guy, but he can't coach.

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: W_KY_Hog on March 16, 2007, 11:28:18 pm
I'm tired of losing on national tv.....

Let's try something else. Soon.

Don't worry about losing on National TV anymore. After tonight, we won't be on National TV. We'll still continue to choke on the big ones but nobody will see it.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

Go stAte

name the team that has not won an NCAA tourney game this decade:
A. Winthrop
B. Virginia Commonwealth
C. Arkansas

bigyellowdog

Quote from: Go stAte on March 16, 2007, 11:39:26 pm
name the team that has not won an NCAA tourney game this decade:
A. Winthrop
B. Virginia Commonwealth
C. Arkansas

and Jonesboro State.

The Hawg Marshal

hdn has the distraction he needed. Everyone is so upset about BB that he is getting off the hot seat. I was afraid of this.

DaniHog

I agree it's time for a change, but don't blame JFB.  He wanted Self and Self wanted the UA job back in 2002, but he was over ruled by the interview committee for that particular search.  Now it's time to let Self have his "dream job".  He is from nearby Tulsa and has always loved Bud Walton Arena.  

Quote from: gibby on March 16, 2007, 11:20:41 pm
I wish I didn't care, but I do.  Stan must go.

And whoever said we are still paying for the "sins" of JFB was right on.  Heath would never have been the coach at the UA had JFB not be afraid of Nolan's lawsuit.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Karma on March 16, 2007, 11:30:09 pm
Quote from: MrsPiggy on March 16, 2007, 11:18:58 pm
You know, in retrospect, the "leak" that Heath was gone if he didn't make the tourny wasn't very smart.  If no one said anything, they could fire him tomorrow and no one would think twice.  Now the PTB look like hypocrites.

But what we saw tonight is confirmation that Heath simply doesn't belong here
I agree with you on both points.
Saying you will be fired if you do not meet the standards is not the same as saying you are assured of keeping your job if you barely meet standards.

Who ever actually said Arkansas was anyone's "Dream Job"???
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Go stAte

coach, my back hurts

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: judgeroyswine on March 16, 2007, 11:36:05 pm
The sad thing is, Stan will be fired, and on his way out of town, he'll drive past football practice and see Casey throwing a nice spiral into the top of a ladder...and Stan will just sigh as he rides off into the sunset.
That is hilariously true!

stronguard

If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

IHateVitale

Darren McFadden~The greatest Razorback ever.  501 baby

The Hawg Marshal

bigyellowdog

6HogsinGA

I was willing to give Stan one more year, but after tonight NO WAY. He's got to go. He just doesn't have what it takes to get the job done. I won't even mention the football problem. It's all just too damn depressing. I think I'll just get drunk.

forrest city joe

I agree. and it needs to be done fast. it's time to move on.even if i think nutt has gotten off scott free. it's still no excuse for the sorry state of this Basketball program. this was a disgrace.

pignatious

Getting crushed every time we are on national TV is really embarrassing and extremely detrimental to the program. Having Stan Heath coach another year just sets the program back even further from where we need to be, and deserve to be. Fire him tommorrow. It has to be done.
Freedom is never free.

MrsPiggy

Quote from: BeoPig on March 16, 2007, 11:41:52 pm
Quote from: Karma on March 16, 2007, 11:30:09 pm
Quote from: MrsPiggy on March 16, 2007, 11:18:58 pm
You know, in retrospect, the "leak" that Heath was gone if he didn't make the tourny wasn't very smart.  If no one said anything, they could fire him tomorrow and no one would think twice.  Now the PTB look like hypocrites.

But what we saw tonight is confirmation that Heath simply doesn't belong here
I agree with you on both points.
Saying you will be fired if you do not meet the standards is not the same as saying you are assured of keeping your job if you barely meet standards.

Who ever actually said Arkansas was anyone's "Dream Job"???

If the PTB had thought there was a chance we would make the tourny, they would have worded it better.  So yeah, they never said Heath would keep his job just by making the tournament but they also didn't think there was an outside chance in h*ll we would.  The CBS guys were quick to say "take the buyout off the table" when they announced Arkansas so it was definitely *implied* that making the tournament would save Heath.  Now they have to back and do a "yes but" IF there's a firing.  I'm fine with it though - the bad publicity will be short term b/c of the tournament coverage.

Nutts and Bolts

A new era has begun in Fayetteville

stronguard

Quote from: opineonswine on March 16, 2007, 11:55:20 pm
Quote from: stronguard on March 16, 2007, 11:43:26 pm
STANLEY must go......

say it with me.

STANLEY must go
STANLEY must go
STANLEY must go
STANLEY must go
STANLEY must go....

everybody now....

STANLEY must go

Now you're getting it

STANLEY must go.....STANLEY must go....STANLEY must go

Fire the tool.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

coach, my back hurts

St,St,St,St,anly must go!

Studdard a bit, but it feels so good.

Flatfoot

Watching that game was about as fun as getting kicked in the Nutts by Nutt himself.
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

IHateVitale

i feel like USC just took my manhood, Mustain and Williams are laughing right now
Darren McFadden~The greatest Razorback ever.  501 baby

razor

The pundits were right. The Hogs didn't deserve to be in the big dance. I watched every minute, and good Lord, that was excruciating. It's time for a new direction.

dmac_iz_kin

he's left most fans with a very bitter taste in their mouth. this will be his last year. I think we need to start a whos the next coach post
"it was a called play, and I called it. I called alot of good plays today didn't I chuck?!"

d1nonlyhogfan

Have you ever posted anything like this about Nutt? I'm just wondering.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

riccoar

Dude, Nutt's wheels are in motion for his departure.  I want him gone yesterday, but after the season we put up, you can't just can him.  Whole different story with Heath.

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: opineonswine on March 17, 2007, 12:33:53 am
Quote from: d1nonlyhogfan on March 17, 2007, 12:33:05 am

You're joking, right?
No, I guess I will just check his post history.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

razorbackfan4life

anyone that disagrees with this post is truely blind.....

riccoar

I don't think we'll hear anything until Monday.  They'll give him the oppurtunity to leave on his own.  Let's hope he took notice of how Gardner exited.  But, I don't think there is anything wrong with asking which moving service he prefers.

WilsonHog

Heath looked like he was about to cry in the closing minute or so. Just totally dejected.

We got hammered nationally for making the Tournament, then we went out tonight and proved all of the naysayers right. 

The program is certainly better off now than when Heath came to Fayetteville, but it's time to see if the next man can take it to another level. Stan simply was not ready when he was hired, and I don't see much that gives me confidence that he's ready now. 

razorbackfan4life

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 17, 2007, 12:39:09 am
Heath looked like he was about to cry in the closing minute or so. Just totally dejected.

We got hammered nationally for making the Tournament, then we went out tonight and proved all of the naysayers right. 

The program is certainly better off now than when Heath came to Fayetteville, but it's time to see if the next man can take it to another level. Stan simply was not ready when he was hired, and I don't see much that gives me confidence that he's ready now. 

I have felt that way for the past 3 years.

riccoar

Quote from: d1nonlyhogfan on March 17, 2007, 12:37:00 am
Quote from: opineonswine on March 17, 2007, 12:33:53 am
Quote from: d1nonlyhogfan on March 17, 2007, 12:33:05 am

You're joking, right?
No, I guess I will just check his post history.
Apples and oranges.  I want Nutt gone too.  I got my hopes up with people claiming Nutt would be gone before the start of the season in 2007.  Now I'm content knowing that 2007 will be his last.

WilsonHog

The sad thing is that I believe Heath had a couple of options out there. Minnesota for sure, maybe another. I can't see those still being on the table after tonight.

jamie72921

March 17, 2007, 12:50:28 am #92 Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 12:52:51 am by jamie72921
Quote from: WilsonHog on March 17, 2007, 12:39:09 am

The program is better off?

No it is not. The talent is better off, yes.

Attendence is down, mystique has fallen further(see SEC record), and tradition has not been added to at all.

The Heath era has moved us over the edge of irrelevance to the point we need a rescue instead of a new point of view.

The program needed repair when Heath got here for sure. But at that time, we were only one season removed from the tournament only 3 removed from our last tournament win.

Thanks to Heath we proved tonight we didn't DESERVE our bid and are now over a DECADE removed from our last tournament win. I realize it hasn't really been a decade, but a year with Heath is the same as a dog year.

How is going from serious condition to critical and on life support better?

PTBs, please, do something now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bless your heart

riccoar

The program is better off than the day Heath took over.  Its just not at the level a more experienced coach would have had it.  That is what Wilson is saying.

TomasPistola

I think you almost need someone with ties to the old SWC or SEC to understand the tradition that is Arkansas. I'm not sure Heath has ever really been comfortable down here.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

hogninja

Quote from: hawaiianhogster on March 16, 2007, 11:36:16 pm
Stan. Why do you have to be such a good person. It would be easier to fire a liar.

No, those we keep around until we fire the other guys.

jamie72921

Quote from: riccoar on March 17, 2007, 12:54:43 am
The program is better off than the day Heath took over.  Its just not at the level a more experienced coach would have had it.  That is what Wilson is saying.

The program is not in better shape.

Tradition, Attendence, Enthusiasm, Stability, Winning

What has Stan Heath's 5 years added in the way of tradition?

Are attendence figures up during Heath's tenure?

Are fans enthusiastic about the future of Hog basketball?

This very thread is about needing another coach. That is exactly where we were 5 years ago. How is that an improvement?

We are currently winning at the same rate we were during the period of time everyone considers as Nolan's "down years". No improvement there.

I am sorry but there is no way anyone can honestly say that the PROGRAM has improved under Stan Heath.

Not if they take an objective look at ALL THE ASPECTS THAT MAKE UP A PROGRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do we have better players than then? Sure, but from what I have read about on this board concerning that subject, that improving that area wouldn't have taken much.

No, the PROGRAM is in worse shape today than it was 5 seasons ago.
Bless your heart

jamie72921

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on March 17, 2007, 12:56:49 am

Don't try to tell Jamie anything.  You'll have about the same success rate as convincing Nutt a passing game is needed in the SEC.

Answer the questions.

Show me where the sucesses in our program are in the last 5 seasons.

If there is success here, why are you calling for the firing of Heath?
Bless your heart

riccoar

It was headed south when Nolan left.  He had all but stopped recruiting.  His exit was quick because he asked for it.  Heath got us to back to back NCAAT but was in over his head.  The program was progressing but not near in the upward trend the PTB expected.

jamie72921

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on March 17, 2007, 01:08:09 am
Quote from: jamie72921 on March 17, 2007, 01:06:10 am
Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on March 17, 2007, 12:56:49 am

Don't try to tell Jamie anything.  You'll have about the same success rate as convincing Nutt a passing game is needed in the SEC.

Answer the questions.

Show me where the sucesses in our program are in the last 5 seasons.

If there is success here, why are you calling for the firing of Heath?

If you can't differentiate between improvement and enough success to keep your job, then you need to spend tomorrow practicing tying your shoes.

To answer your little questions...

The program is stable and it's winning.  It's just not meeting expectations. 
Quote from: riccoar on March 17, 2007, 01:09:33 am
It was headed south when Nolan left.  He had all but stopped recruiting.  His exit was quick because he asked for it.  Heath got us to back to back NCAAT but was in over his head.  The program was progressing but not near in the upward trend the PTB expected.

You guys epitomize the average basketball fans around here.

The program is in WORSE shape than I have ever seen it going back to Sutton's beginnings here.

You erroneously believe that the players are your program, when truth is that the coach, boosters, fans, and tradition are the program.

There has never been a player with more than 5 years of eligibility, yet the program has been around multiples of that number. I have been a fan of Razorback basketball, way longer than any player has ever played here.

The support of people such as myself, is far more important than any team of players because when enough people like me quit showing up at games, they get rid of coaches regardless of the talent level.

I have never seen the passion level for Razorback basketball lower than it has been this season. When we Nolan left, the passion for it was still there. I have had tickets since Super Sids senior season. Nearly all those years I could have named my price and sold them individually without a problem.

There are people in my section these days, that say that can't GIVE tickets away now.

You can call that better because yes we have some better players at the moment than we did 5 years ago. But when noone cares enough anymore to even go and watch them play,

YOUR PROGRAM IS NOT IN BETTER SHAPE THAN IT WAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bless your heart