Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strength & Conditioning Coach (Carroll)

Started by Randy Beaver, January 10, 2018, 10:38:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy Beaver

I'm interested in knowing a little bit more about S&C coach Trumain Carroll.  I would like to know what his training philosophies and regimens are.  Any of you have any insight?  I know Coach Morris said the following about him,
"He has a great pedigree and does a great job of emphasizing strength, speed, quickness and recovery, which are all important to our style of play."
I don't know if Coach Carroll would be interested, but here is what has worked for me for years.  I do it each morning, and I am fit as a fiddle.  Players would definitely get strong, lean, mean, and speedy.

First off, I begin by doing each one of these exercise for 1 lap around my block.
- Backwards Walk
- Squat Walk
- Bear Crawls

I then do 3 sets of 10 of the following:
- Squat Thrusts
- Burpees
- Spider Man Pushups
- Crunches

I don't know how to attach pictures yet or I would show you before pictures from 8 years ago and then my picture today.  My body transformation has been amazing.

AlmaHog2011

SemperHawg

I am pretty excited about where this thread will lead us to.  The Memes should be top end!

jkstock04

Quote from: Randy Beaver on January 10, 2018, 10:38:37 am
I'm interested in knowing a little bit more about S&C coach Trumain Carroll.  I would like to know what his training philosophies and regimens are.  Any of you have any insight?  I know Coach Morris said the following about him,
"He has a great pedigree and does a great job of emphasizing strength, speed, quickness and recovery, which are all important to our style of play."
I don't know if Coach Carroll would be interested, but here is what has worked for me for years.  I do it each morning, and I am fit as a fiddle.  Players would definitely get strong, lean, mean, and speedy.

First off, I begin by doing each one of these exercise for 1 lap around my block.
- Backwards Walk
- Squat Walk
- Bear Crawls

- Squat Thrusts
- Burpees
- Spider Man Pushups
- Crunches

I don't know how to attach pictures yet or I would show you before pictures from 8 years ago and then my picture today.  My body transformation has been amazing.
This is hilarious...and I will say if you truly did do that every morning of your life you probably would be in helluva shape.

What do the neighbors enjoy watching you do more around the block...squat walks, backwards walks, or bear crawls?
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Randy Beaver

You would think I would get more comments on the Bear Crawls and Squat Walks.  But oddly enough, I get more questions about the Backwards Walk.  One piece of advice for any of you chaps before you attempt this though.  Please wear gloves during the Bear Crawl.  When I first moved to Arkansas 3 years ago, I was unaware of how hot the asphalt gets in the summer here.  2nd degree burns on the palms of my hands.  Ruined my workouts and night time relations for at least 2 weeks.

Lanlord

He said that it took him and Coach Morris about a year to get to understand what kind of conditioning required for his defenses.  More twitch speed, sprints and recovery.

Flrazrback

Suidae Suis Scrofa

Quote from: Lanlord on January 10, 2018, 10:53:13 am
He said that it took him and Coach Morris about a year to get to understand what kind of conditioning required for his defenses.  More twitch speed, sprints and recovery.

Who is "He" and where did this statement come from?

-phil

hawganatic

Bear crawls are a bitc....  Don't look like they are anything, but they are....

hawganatic

Pretty sure Carroll has something more elaborate planned for the team than what you laid out, but I might start using this in my morning routine...

k.c.hawg

Having exposed my own lack of intelligence and judgement by opening your threads and commenting I will state that if you do learn how to attach pictures, this board will be forever changed. #Applebee's #FUTBOL #BS
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Randy Beaver

Quote from: k.c.hawg on January 10, 2018, 11:09:53 am
Having exposed my own lack of intelligence and judgement by opening your threads and commenting I will state that if you do learn how to attach pictures, this board will be forever changed. #Applebee's #FUTBOL #BS

You are confused.  This is not The Twitter.  Why the hashtags?

WOOPIGDOOIE

I have had an amazing body transformation from the 12oz curls ive been doing over the years 

Randy Beaver

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on January 10, 2018, 11:35:55 am
I have had an amazing body transformation from the 12oz curls ive been doing over the years

Haha, you sir are a Rascal.

Grag T

You people quit hating, Mr. Beaver is the real thing!

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on January 10, 2018, 11:35:55 am
Recently I have moved up a weight class into the 16oz curls.  Amazing the difference it makes.  If you are ready, you should make the jump too.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

Southpointhog

Quote from: Randy Beaver on January 10, 2018, 10:38:37 am

- Backwards Walk
- Squat Walk
- Bear Crawls

- Squat Thrusts
- Burpees
- Spider Man Pushups
- Crunches

Is this about you or Coach Carroll?  Geeze, glad your proud of yourself, but that has little to do with strength and conditioning at a Div 1 level!

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: Southpointhog on January 10, 2018, 11:56:00 am
Is this about you or Coach Carroll?  Geeze, glad your proud of yourself, but that has little to do with strength and conditioning at a Div 1 level!
Less to do about strength than it does conditioning.  Sprinkle in some weights and the team should be fine.

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

Cotton

Quote from: Randy Beaver on January 10, 2018, 10:47:03 am
You would think I would get more comments on the Bear Crawls and Squat Walks.  But oddly enough, I get more questions about the Backwards Walk.  One piece of advice for any of you chaps before you attempt this though.  Please wear gloves during the Bear Crawl.  When I first moved to Arkansas 3 years ago, I was unaware of how hot the asphalt gets in the summer here.  2nd degree burns on the palms of my hands.  Ruined my workouts and night time relations for at least 2 weeks.
You poor lonely soul...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

ShadowTheHedgehog

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Cotton on January 10, 2018, 12:05:38 pm
You poor lonely soul...

I thought I was the only one who caught that.

Randy you needa come clean all these sunflower seeds out of my truck that I just spit everywhere. Finally upping your troll game

RaisinHog

Quote from: Cotton on January 10, 2018, 12:05:38 pm
You poor lonely soul...

He'll probably just married ... Happens too the best of us .

Grizzlyfan

Just heard that OU strength coach jerry Schmidt has left for Texas A & M.

hawganatic

You do know this was a joke thread, don't you?

oldman1015

Look you caught another one.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

Hog_Swanson

ThisTeetsTaken

Herschel walker says he does 3500 sit ups daily.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on January 10, 2018, 11:55:25 am
Recently I have moved up a weight class into the 16oz curls.  Amazing the difference it makes.  If you are ready, you should make the jump too.
Funny you say that, I actually have just recently increased as well. Really been feeling the burn

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: SemperHawg on January 10, 2018, 10:39:57 am
I am pretty excited about where this thread will lead us to.  The Memes should be top end!

I think you know where this thread is headed......to the place most of his threads go...
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

WOOPIGDOOIE

But in all seriousness, I hope coach Carroll will incorporate more full body workouts. They will vastly improve the the endurance and quickness on the field

Randy Beaver

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on January 10, 2018, 12:58:51 pm
I think you know where this thread is headed......to the place most of his threads go...

Why was this moved?

theFlyingHog

Time to rename this forum. The Beaver Dam. It holds all the beaver crap

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on January 10, 2018, 12:58:22 pm
Funny you say that, I actually have just recently increased as well. Really been feeling the burn
I like your spunk, son.  A real go getter.