Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rafe and lane?

Started by onebadrubi, December 19, 2017, 09:50:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

onebadrubi

This upcoming season might should have been rafe peavy and Lane?  Did you see what he's done with fau?   What could he have done here next year with peavy and this stable of RB's we have.  Add martin and Jackson on the edges along with the plethora of TE's that showed flashes of greatness?  Can I get a paul eels Oh my?   

colbs

Peavey isn't even starting at SMU

Mike Irwin

Rafe Peavey is like Malzahn. He won't go away on this board.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Mike Irwin on December 19, 2017, 09:58:54 pm

Even Vin is getting a little tired of it.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

colbs

Suprised the name of the thread isn't Gus and Rafe.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

onebadrubi

Quote from: colbs on December 19, 2017, 10:01:46 pm
Suprised the name of the thread isn't Gus and Rafe.

Pssh.  Gus wish.  Dude is a washed up wishful though at Arkansas.  Rafe will coach at Arkansas before gus will. 

Hogimus Prime

There are around 10-12 threads about redcrapped Rafe.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on December 19, 2017, 10:13:04 pm
There are around 10-12 threads about redcrapped Rafe.

Biggers has nothing to do with this.  Did you see Lane tonight? 

4me2know

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: onebadrubi on December 19, 2017, 10:15:19 pm

I quit paying attention to Lane when Kiffin's Krimson Korner was cancelled

HossHog

Considering he didn't go anywhere in this coach carousel, and his new contract. It sounds like he is waiting for his job and I doubt Arkansas is it

rzrbackramsfan

Wouldn't be surprised if Rafe transferred here.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: colbs on December 19, 2017, 09:57:32 pm
Peavey isn't even starting at SMU
because he wasn't eligible b/c he transferred, right?

what a disingenuous post.

He'll probably start next year.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

onebadrubi

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 19, 2017, 10:48:23 pm

Or transfer here

King Kong

Atleast Rafe isn't beating us by 50 on the field

King Kong

He was eligible this year. Ben Hicks is better

The Hogfather

Quote from: onebadrubi on December 19, 2017, 09:50:54 pm
This upcoming season might should have been rafe peavy and Lane?  Did you see what he's done with fau?   What could he have done here next year with peavy and this stable of RB's we have.  Add martin and Jackson on the edges along with the plethora of TE's that showed flashes of greatness?  Can I get a paul eels Oh my?

Can you imagine that offense with Kane Whitehurst catching bombs??!?  Don't forget about Vin Ascolese to get our defense back to where it needs to be!!!

factchecker

Nope.  Wrong again.

Rafe transferred before and sat out during the 2016 season.

Rafe was eligible this year and he actually played some (very little) this season:

http://www.cfbstats.com/2017/player/663/1062231/index.html
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

onebadrubi

Quote from: The Hogfather on December 19, 2017, 11:06:24 pm
Can you imagine that offense with Kane Whitehurst catching bombs??!?  Don't forget about Vin Ascolese to get our defense back to where it needs to be!!!

Nah, he'd already be a slot wr for Brady

King Kong

Quote from: The Hogfather on December 19, 2017, 11:06:24 pm

I watched Kane Whitehurst catch a bomb against us. Year 1 for CBB vs SC

onebadrubi

Quote from: King Kong on December 19, 2017, 11:24:03 pm
I watched Kane Whitehurst catch a bomb against us. Year 1 for CBB vs SC

Who didn't?  Catch a bomb that is

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: King Kong on December 19, 2017, 11:01:10 pm
Atleast Rafe isn't beating us by 50 on the field

Neither will Gus... What's the over/under on # of plays when we face Auburn next year..? I'm counting that one as a loss, but I bet it's still a helluva game.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on December 19, 2017, 10:00:48 pm
Even Vin is getting a little tired of it.

Kane Whitehurst and Bobby P. also.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

ICEman

Testis just Steven Hill with this lane thread!
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: onebadrubi on December 19, 2017, 10:15:19 pm

Yes. Nice win against a 7-7'Akron team at home. But he had a good year.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Pigasaurus

Big tex approves this message.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

Inhogswetrust

No thanks. I prefer my coach to act more like the adult than the players do.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Wooderson

Once y'all are done deflecting, kiffin at Arkansas...that could have been great.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

Broadway Rob

The snake from Pulaski has multiple accounts.  He gets on here a stirs the pot. 
Broadway Rob: December 05, 2017, 07:57:52 pm

122 ranked defense after 3 years.  We have no [CENSORED] shot whatsoever, and to say we do is delusional man.  If he was anything more than a great OC, his defense would have improved.  He's no head coach.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Wooderson on December 20, 2017, 06:15:33 am
Once y'all are done deflecting, kiffin at Arkansas...that could have been great.

The one's deflecting are those that bring up other coaches that didn't get the job. We have a coach and it isn't your loverboy Kiffy Poo.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

BR

Can we PLEASE start deleting a ton of these BS Threads....  Give the Trash a boost in attendance.
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Youngsta71701

Dude, let it go. We got our football coach and it isn't Lane (although I wouldn't have been opposed to it). How about we support the coach that we got and give him a chance.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

onebadrubi

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on December 20, 2017, 07:07:11 am
Dude, let it go. We got our football coach and it isn't Lane (although I wouldn't have been opposed to it). How about we support the coach that we got and give him a chance.

Wher did I not provide support?  What if isn't saying I don't support him.   By the way, our current coach liked rafe a lot....

buldozer

Not sure Rafe would have ever got the starting QB job here, very unlikely. But I seen an interview the RB Nation did with him at SMU last week that gave a little insight into how he was treated and it didn't sound good. He said he was given 4 hours to consider where he would transfer to with no prior notice. That sounded to me like another CBB failure. A kid that dedicates 4 years of his life to the Razorbacks and then through no fault of his own is designated to transfer should not be treated that way.

Everytime I hear another story of how a player wasn't given the proper opportunities or another in-state player was not recruited, it makes the case that firing of CBB was way past due.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: buldozer on December 20, 2017, 07:21:57 am
Not sure Rafe would have ever got the starting QB job here, very unlikely. But I seen an interview the RB Nation did with him at SMU last week that gave a little insight into how he was treated and it didn't sound good. He said he was given 4 hours to consider where he would transfer to with no prior notice. That sounded to me like another CBB failure. A kid that dedicates 4 years of his life to the Razorbacks and then through no fault of his own is designated to transfer should not be treated that way.

Everytime I hear another story of how a player wasn't given the proper opportunities or another in-state player was not recruited, it makes the case that firing of CBB was way past due.

I thought that had more to do with the timing of how his decision to transfer lined up with the semesters of the UA and possible new schools than it did with any ultimatums or machinations on the part of our prior coaching staff.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

PEtrader

Quote from: buldozer on December 20, 2017, 07:21:57 am

which is why we need to give him another chance here.
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "